Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First thing you would buy if you won $415 Million?

Topic closed. 131 replies. Last post 6 months ago by KY Floyd.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
1053 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2016, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Sun Smiley An I-phone and lessons from a college student who will teach me how to use it.

Music, I swear you come up with the best, common sense answers lol.  The newest iphone, ipad for me and my family but I have a son who is pretty much an apple machead, altho I am too but a different machead, Fleetwood Mac lol.

Then a trip outta here while I contemplate my moves and how to do them, via a financial planner and cpa.

spartan1707's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Tucson
    United States
    Member #119762
    December 2, 2011
    83 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2016, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

A really good Law Firm with a team of Financial Advisors all before I claim that ticket all for one set price to set up things.

pickone4me's avatar - 021414tvlies zpsa453b327.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #104962
      January 23, 2011
      1075 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2016, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Buy a city & ban democrats & bicycles.  Just a reality check this is something that more than likely wouldn't happen,  just making more of a dumb/funny kind of comment.

Trump 2016!

LottoLucy's avatar - hereslucy header.jpg

United States
        Member #131594
        August 14, 2012
        171 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2016, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

A house that we've had our eye on for a while is on the market.  So I would make a cash offer as soon as the lottery check cleared!

Lotto Lucy

LiveInGreenBay's avatar - driver
          Green Bay
          United States
          Member #169391
          October 15, 2015
          1277 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2016, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Buy a city & ban democrats & bicycles.  Just a reality check this is something that more than likely wouldn't happen,  just making more of a dumb/funny kind of comment.

Any chance of making that city Madison?  Big Smile

Never give up.  Banana

South Carolina
            United States
            Member #18322
            July 9, 2005
            1743 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2016, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

A Vacation to summer jewelry design camp -  at William Holland School of Lapidary Design in Young Harris, Georgia !!! I have been wanting to go there for years !!!

lottointuitive's avatar - SuperPredictor

United States
              Member #140173
              March 12, 2013
              1516 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2016, 3:08 pm - IP Logged
              1. The services of a wealth management company
              2. House and cars/truck/boat/motorcycle
              3. Whatever is necessary to create the best prediction software possible
              4. Assets (things that make me money)
              5. Create a hybrid for-profit/nonprofit investing organization to raise our own money and help people the way we want to.

"When intuition and logic agree, you are always right"

It's called investing when you're great at it and gambling when you suck at it.

Separate from the rest of the herd by challenging yourself to be more specific with your predictions. 

Create a forecast with a beginning and an end date,  show all of your combos,

let us know if you expect to hit in exact order and/or any order then post it here --->Pick 3 Forecast (Multiple States) Fourth Edition

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                Marquette, MI
                United States
                Member #20541
                August 20, 2005
                709 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2016, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

A PowerBall ticketBig Smile

No, actually I would get my first house ever!  Huge lot with a small house that I would get built for me.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false

United States
                  Member #106134
                  February 13, 2011
                  806 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2016, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Seems like some people here need some new vehicles!  If I win the big one, I'll help some ppl out!  The person at the store I usually buy tickets from wants a new minivan but can't afford it.  I'd definitely buy one for her.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                    Brooklyn, NY
                    United States
                    Member #169723
                    October 29, 2015
                    885 Posts
                    Posted: June 30, 2016, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Seems like some people here need some new vehicles!  If I win the big one, I'll help some ppl out!  The person at the store I usually buy tickets from wants a new minivan but can't afford it.  I'd definitely buy one for her.

Thanks JJ that's mighty nice and generous of you. Just make sure your gift's value is $14,000 or less so no one has to pay taxes on it.

I can't speak for others, but my 1996 Toyota Tacoma just died. The head gasket went at 469,807 miles. 

I would do the same for those I know on LP when I win!

Party

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                      USA
                      United States
                      Member #152799
                      February 25, 2014
                      1095 Posts
                      Posted: June 30, 2016, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Hire an attorney and financial experts. I have already done my homework and these are the top items on my lottery wish list.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                        Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #169723
                        October 29, 2015
                        885 Posts
                        Posted: June 30, 2016, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Hire an attorney and financial experts. I have already done my homework and these are the top items on my lottery wish list.

Yes, we all would hire an attorney and financial experts, but the question at hand is....what is the first thing you would buy. You know...material things!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

music*'s avatar - nw bookeep.jpg
                          Happy California
                          United States
                          Member #157856
                          August 2, 2014
                          1549 Posts
                          Posted: June 30, 2016, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

May I suggest creating wish lists. Write down everything that you want. Then go back to it every week and see if there are changes to it.

Also,

there is the Want more/ Want less list. For example, I want more entertainment and less news.

I got these ideas from Robert Pagliarini's book, Sudden Wealth.

I am waiting for Friday night!Lep

Chi ha danari, trova cugini. (He who has money finds many cousins.) Italian proverb

United States
                            Member #175649
                            June 27, 2016
                            17 Posts
                            Posted: June 30, 2016, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Not for Friday's drawing but here goes.

Get my lawyer and finacial/tax advisor.

After the dust has settled, I'd buy a real home theater system with THX, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X on the reciever, plus an old stereo with Dolby Surround (Pro logic maybe) to interconnect. And also a game room with Pac-Man(either the Midway machine or the Namco "Puck-Man" cabinet), Stacker, Pinball, and some of the latest arcade games you see at Dave and Busters.

I'd also  buy a alternative fuel car (Hybrid, Electric, or maybe solar) with lots of fancy features the manufactuer has to offer.

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: June 30, 2016, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Yes, we all would hire an attorney and financial experts, but the question at hand is....what is the first thing you would buy. You know...material things!

In that case I would get a nice home in SW Florida that has direct gulf access and a dock for our pontoon with room for a larger boat and seadoos.