Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First thing you would buy if you won $415 Million?

Topic closed. 131 replies. Last post 4 months ago by KY Floyd.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
Dd2160's avatar - hiro dolphin.jpg
Allentown, Brookyn, Pa, Ny
United States
Member #134253
October 22, 2012
5460 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:40 am - IP Logged

A bigg fat juicy shake shack burger..... Nah lies all lies...a house in the hills!!

Smile

Dd2160's avatar - hiro dolphin.jpg
    Allentown, Brookyn, Pa, Ny
    United States
    Member #134253
    October 22, 2012
    5460 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:46 am - IP Logged

I'd buy everyone who posts dream requests in the Mystical forum a dream book!

Green laugh

Oh my dam...lmao

Smile

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
      USA
      United States
      Member #152799
      February 25, 2014
      1090 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2016, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Anyone who buys a lottery ticket has dreams and that is all it is a dream. With the outrageous odds of winning why would anyone in their right mind not have a short term dream?

If you buy a lottery ticket and have no desire to win or get eaten by a shark while taking a bath in your tub because the odds are about the same then don't waste your money.

Thud

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
        Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: July 29, 2016, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Anyone who buys a lottery ticket has dreams and that is all it is a dream. With the outrageous odds of winning why would anyone in their right mind not have a short term dream?

If you buy a lottery ticket and have no desire to win or get eaten by a shark while taking a bath in your tub because the odds are about the same then don't waste your money.

Thud

I Agree!  The purpose of buying the ticket is to dream of the possibilities that winning will make possible. Without your goal in sight, buying the ticket is pointless.

This song says it all!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

brees2012's avatar - animal whale.jpg

United States
          Member #125177
          March 26, 2012
          176 Posts
          Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I would take my time figuring out , exactly what needs done . secured plan .

I would make sure my family taken care of , they're my first priority. 

Make sure my debt is completely paid off in full .

Live with in my means and not above .

Donate money to "certain charities " .

Appreciate the money and able to help others !!!

brees2012's avatar - animal whale.jpg

United States
            Member #125177
            March 26, 2012
            176 Posts
            Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

One way ticket out of Tennessee,then go from there....goverment ever wants to know whats wrong with Tennesseans just ask me or ridge.

Love Tennessee ............

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
              Member #106923
              February 27, 2011
              474 Posts
              Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Thud

Are you saying sharks can get into my bathtub, Drenick?  Scared

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                Member #106923
                February 27, 2011
                474 Posts
                Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

Definitely an airplane ticket to somewhere.  First stop, lottery HQ, then straight to the airport.  I may even upgrade my coach ticket at the terminal kiosk, if the charge wasn't to ridiculous.  Airlines already nickel and dime a person to death.  I don't think I could change my attitude about wanting a fair price for things.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

MaximumMillions's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg

Germany
                  Member #164603
                  March 8, 2015
                  599 Posts
                  Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying sharks can get into my bathtub, Drenick?  Scared

They can, in this terrible film for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53DQ4rpAlQc

I understand the fair price thing, but I also understand wanting to go on a long flight without qeues in front of the lavatory. And having my meals when I want. First Class travel is worth it I think. The difference from coach to biz is already staggering.

Portland, OR
                    United States
                    Member #145973
                    August 20, 2013
                    226 Posts
                    Posted: July 29, 2016, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

I'd go old school.  I'd first buy a mountain property, dig a hole somewhere in it and bury 2 1/2 million dallas for maybe 5 years until the fears wear off maybe.  Forget about lost interest, inflation and all that.  I want to sleep at night.  If everything goes south on me (bad financial advice/investments, etc.), I have some off-the-grid dough waiting for me.  I've lost it all before, business, house,  been homeless, so the mental issues, paranoisism, and other serious mental disorders LOL, are there still present.  Maybe half gold, half cash but something is getting buried.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
                      Member #164727
                      March 12, 2015
                      2505 Posts
                      Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Purchase a better car for my 85 year old father. He's been breaking down more often, especially when he's late for work.

I'd move closer to my job. I currently live 15 miles away.

Two front new tires, been waiting a month to save up.

Buy a new mother board for my computer, it's like 6 years old.

I go through a lot of 'Shout" stain remover, so I'd stock up on that. Oh, also a case of sewing kits, I often catch a nail and get a small hole in my shirt.

The rest I would save just in case I needed it If I lost my job.

Arizona
                        United States
                        Member #165073
                        March 24, 2015
                        220 Posts
                        Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Thud

I wish people would stop exaggerating the odds.

No one has ever been eaten by a shark in their bathtub.

No one has ever been struck by lightning while being eaten by a shark.

Several people every year win at Powerball.

The odds are not comparable.

If you want a real comparison, the odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are almost exactly equal to the odds of being struck by lightning in any given 30-hour period.

United States
                          Member #164727
                          March 12, 2015
                          2505 Posts
                          Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

I wish people would stop exaggerating the odds.

No one has ever been eaten by a shark in their bathtub.

No one has ever been struck by lightning while being eaten by a shark.

Several people every year win at Powerball.

The odds are not comparable.

If you want a real comparison, the odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are almost exactly equal to the odds of being struck by lightning in any given 30-hour period.

You couldn't be farther from the truth. You must be MAD!

OR, this is a schtick like mine. Green laugh

Heavens to Moigatroid....Exit Stage Left EVEN !    ROFL

United States
                            Member #164727
                            March 12, 2015
                            2505 Posts
                            Posted: July 29, 2016, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Isn't it similar to someone preparing to deal with a meteor hitting their head, and If they survive, what would that someone do next?

How many people do you know that prepare for a meteor making contact with their head? An educated guess would tell me... about 17 worldwide. lol

Magnificense of the 369, you would have a key to the universe - - Tesla

LA Ca.
                              United States
                              Member #172750
                              February 3, 2016
                              88 Posts
                              Posted: July 29, 2016, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Anonymity.....