Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First thing you would buy if you won $415 Million?

Topic closed. 131 replies. Last post 4 months ago by KY Floyd.

Page 5 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
TX
United States
Member #121193
January 4, 2012
1637 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2016, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I have some ideas, but I gotta win a jackpot before I can spend it.

I am buying 4 boxes of Blueberry Poptarts,a gallon of milk and some Hershey's syrup.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5611 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2016, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

I am buying 4 boxes of Blueberry Poptarts,a gallon of milk and some Hershey's syrup.

Poptarts!!!

I haven't eaten those things in years. Think I might go out and get some.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40561 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Good to see ya stranger, yum love blueberry pop tarts, toasted.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

lashayy40's avatar - WINGS
        charlotte nc
        United States
        Member #153946
        March 29, 2014
        53 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:18 am - IP Logged

would buy a 5 br 3 bth house for my kids, grandkids an I an furnish every room.TO there personalities..Get my brother an 2 sisters money an pay off everybody car an get a business an live..I mean really live life to the fullest.Me an my kids..Would Bless a whole lot of people unexpectectedly...

Portland, OR
          United States
          Member #145973
          August 20, 2013
          226 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2016, 1:52 am - IP Logged

Financial literacy and education, find a bigger apartment for rent, and yes, fixing my 96 Honda Civic; there I said it.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1408 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2016, 4:28 am - IP Logged

I would buy A door that can't be Broken Smash

Thumbs UpI Agree! figuratively speaking.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4792 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2016, 9:00 am - IP Logged

I would buy two townhouses next door to each other in my neighborhood (and still keep me home)and combine them into one. I own one now but the one next door to me has a hoarder.

J'aime La France.

Ohio
                United States
                Member #175608
                June 25, 2016
                32 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2016, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Pay off the place I've been in for awhile which lost its value... Just so I can then sell it quick... That alone would make me feel so good just to be at a point where I can search for a new place and things like that. With that amount of money possibilities are endless but I honestly don't want to do extravagant things. I would still want a nice home 200k to 300k in a nice area, make sure I get rid of all payments debts... I would try like crazy to keep one of my jobs since its part time evenings and I enjoy it. I would try that to keep some sort of normalcy... But that obviously depends on if I could somehow stay under the radar which might be impossible. 

I would want want to dish out some to family, but at the same time it's kinda strange because only a couple people have ever had that serious " if you ever need some help, let me know" kinda thing. So it kinda makes things seem like a lot of people I know are not willing to help if needed anyway, so I actually don't know how generous one should be when it comes to throwing out their winnings... It's actually very interesting to me when I think about the psychological aspect of all that.

Ga
                  United States
                  Member #120454
                  December 20, 2011
                  141 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2016, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

A retainer from an attorney. Then pay off all my debt.

United States
                    Member #172166
                    January 17, 2016
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2016, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm not materialistic really so I would take care of friends and family. My biggest idea is to pick and choose who needs it most. I would buy groceries for families and give people a leg up. I would drive around and find people with run down cars and buy them new cars. 

I'd take care of the veterans and get them homes to live in. Including medical since our government wont do it.

I would create scholarships for students. Id donate to certain charities because a lot of them are scams. I would go to those websites that list people in need. You can pretty much tell the needy ones from the frauds. 

I would like to be like that Secret Santa who gives money away every Christmas. He has police officers drive around and give cash to the drivers. I love the reactions when they get pulled over and handed money.

Portland, OR
                      United States
                      Member #145973
                      August 20, 2013
                      226 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2016, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

CALL each family member all over and close "friends"and ask each one of them to lend me $20 to help pay some medical bills.  That will reduce the begging.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

md
                        United States
                        Member #14047
                        April 20, 2005
                        579 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2016, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

The best post in this thread. I would ditto this!!!!

LA Ca.
                          United States
                          Member #172750
                          February 3, 2016
                          89 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

A one-way ticket to get the hell out of Califailure.

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #175608
                            June 25, 2016
                            32 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

CALL each family member all over and close "friends"and ask each one of them to lend me $20 to help pay some medical bills.  That will reduce the begging.

Dig it haha. Use some reverse psychology on the situation...

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                              USA
                              United States
                              Member #152799
                              February 25, 2014
                              1092 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2016, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

That's a good idea as they would think twice about asking you for any future favors. I would bump the amount to $100 as that would be significant compared to just $20.

Now back to the OP request- what is the first thing you would BUY if you won the jackpot?