Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

First thing you would buy if you won $415 Million?

Topic closed. 131 replies. Last post 4 months ago by KY Floyd.

Page 8 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
Member #118609
November 4, 2011
938 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2016, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I'd go old school.  I'd first buy a mountain property, dig a hole somewhere in it and bury 2 1/2 million dallas for maybe 5 years until the fears wear off maybe.  Forget about lost interest, inflation and all that.  I want to sleep at night.  If everything goes south on me (bad financial advice/investments, etc.), I have some off-the-grid dough waiting for me.  I've lost it all before, business, house,  been homeless, so the mental issues, paranoisism, and other serious mental disorders LOL, are there still present.  Maybe half gold, half cash but something is getting buried.

I totally agree One-Day, have some buried.  It is too darn easy for things to go south whether we do it or it gets done to us.   With a win as large as this the majority would be cash, gold, silver with some investments.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2016, 1:37 am - IP Logged

First thing I would do today - er - tomorrow?  hire a staff.

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      879 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:37 am - IP Logged

Purchase a better car for my 85 year old father. He's been breaking down more often, especially when he's late for work.

I'd move closer to my job. I currently live 15 miles away.

Two front new tires, been waiting a month to save up.

Buy a new mother board for my computer, it's like 6 years old.

I go through a lot of 'Shout" stain remover, so I'd stock up on that. Oh, also a case of sewing kits, I often catch a nail and get a small hole in my shirt.

The rest I would save just in case I needed it If I lost my job.

amber... you just won umteen millions of dollars....

1. Buy a better car for your dad and tell him he doesn't have to work anymore. Let him enjoy the remaining years of his life.
      2. Move, yes, but closer to your JOB? You don't need to work any longer!
      3. NEW CARS come with NEW TIRES!
      4. NEW COMPUTERS come with new mother boards!
      5. As for the "Shout"....you'll be screaming if you win. The sewing kit is OK or just buy new and donate.
      6. In case you lost your job? You are now the BOSS now!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
        Member #106923
        February 27, 2011
        478 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2016, 8:50 am - IP Logged

I totally agree One-Day, have some buried.  It is too darn easy for things to go south whether we do it or it gets done to us.   With a win as large as this the majority would be cash, gold, silver with some investments.

Do you bury it in a Yeti Tundra 350 since it has an interlock lid system?

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
          USA
          United States
          Member #152799
          February 25, 2014
          1092 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2016, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Are you saying sharks can get into my bathtub, Drenick?  Scared

To clarify in simpler terms, I was referring to the astronomical odds of winning the jackpot and comparing it to being eaten by a shark while taking a bath which was similar to what Todd our Chief Bottle Washer had mentioned in a TV interview. Heck, we have a better chance of knowing someone who was a victim of a terrorist attack than winning the $100 fourth place PB prize.

United States
            Member #118609
            November 4, 2011
            938 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2016, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

Do you bury it in a Yeti Tundra 350 since it has an interlock lid system?

lol, what is a yeti?  I think I will bypass THAT interlock system.

United States
              Member #118609
              November 4, 2011
              938 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2016, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

To clarify in simpler terms, I was referring to the astronomical odds of winning the jackpot and comparing it to being eaten by a shark while taking a bath which was similar to what Todd our Chief Bottle Washer had mentioned in a TV interview. Heck, we have a better chance of knowing someone who was a victim of a terrorist attack than winning the $100 fourth place PB prize.

And Drenick1, how depressing to know the real stats, I think I will go back to dreaming and believing I can win despite horrendous odds.  Someone always beats the odds, I did a long time ago (unfortunately it wasnt the lottery or good odds) so I will believe I can beat these odds for good!

speaking of good, Good Luck All!

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                Member #106923
                February 27, 2011
                478 Posts
                Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

lol, what is a yeti?  I think I will bypass THAT interlock system.

This is a Yeti 350; price $1300.00.  A little steep for a cooler but usage to bury money may be worth it!

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                  Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  879 Posts
                  Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

This is a Yeti 350; price $1300.00.  A little steep for a cooler but usage to bury money may be worth it!

I was  thinking a YETI was something like Big Foot

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Drenick1's avatar - villiarna
                    USA
                    United States
                    Member #152799
                    February 25, 2014
                    1092 Posts
                    Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

And Drenick1, how depressing to know the real stats, I think I will go back to dreaming and believing I can win despite horrendous odds.  Someone always beats the odds, I did a long time ago (unfortunately it wasnt the lottery or good odds) so I will believe I can beat these odds for good!

speaking of good, Good Luck All!

It's perfectly ok to dream. I took the advice of another LP member who never watches or checks her number the night of the drawing, that way she can have sweet dreams until reality hits the following day. Some folks enjoy their Starbucks or smoking, I don't smoke or drink coffee so my fun is occasionally playing the lottery.

Odds are crazy but hey we have our ticket right? at least we are in the game and that's all that matters.

Good luck everyone!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4792 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

It's perfectly ok to dream. I took the advice of another LP member who never watches or checks her number the night of the drawing, that way she can have sweet dreams until reality hits the following day. Some folks enjoy their Starbucks or smoking, I don't smoke or drink coffee so my fun is occasionally playing the lottery.

Odds are crazy but hey we have our ticket right? at least we are in the game and that's all that matters.

Good luck everyone!

I agree. I only stayed up late once to watch a draw and it was for that first super big mm drawing 3-4 years ago.

J'aime La France.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4792 Posts
                        Posted: July 30, 2016, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Looking at malibu properties now. Lol

J'aime La France.

United States
                          Member #106923
                          February 27, 2011
                          478 Posts
                          Posted: July 30, 2016, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I was  thinking a YETI was something like Big Foot

That Yeti may keep people away, but it may include myself as well!

United States
                            Member #118609
                            November 4, 2011
                            938 Posts
                            Posted: July 30, 2016, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Looking at malibu properties now. Lol

Way to go Artist!  I grew up in Southern California and Malibu was twenty mins away.  Boy did I take it for granted.  I was unaware of the harsh winters elsewhere, to me the difference between summer and winter was a sweatshirt.  I have been looking at Carmel and Northern California for the second half of my life, if I beat the odds.  California is almost as expensive as Hawaii, it is insane, but with a win..........

Got my ticket and my dream.

United States
                              Member #118609
                              November 4, 2011
                              938 Posts
                              Posted: July 30, 2016, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Hey Realtorjim, that WOULD Work!   That is pretty cool, who would think it would be used for cash et al?   I love it!  Meatman's Yeti is what I had pictured lol!