Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky for Life

233 replies. Last post 2 days ago by haymaker.

Page 14 of 16
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3693 Posts
Posted: October 24, 2016, 8:00 am - IP Logged

A little more about me, and then I'm done.  (At least for now anway)

I'm an Old Curmudgeon.  That's what my Smart Alec 26 year old daughter calls me.  She was a math major in college, and you would not believe the arguments she and I have gotten into over the randomness (or the lack there of depending upon your point of view) of the lottery.  "You are never going to predict the winning numbers, it's all too random!" she screamed at me.  I screamed back at her; "Oh yeah?  Well, when I do, you're history from my will!!! And I aint givin' you one dam DIME while I'm still alive either."

I spent 32 years working for IBM in one of their massive datacenters.  I worked on every kind of computer you could imagine. Mainframes to PC's. I saw 'em all.  And I still do.  Even after IBM threw me out on my ear (in 2009) I'm right back inside there working as a subcontractor.  I like to say I'm "semi-retired".  I have just two more years to go and then it's Adios!  As soon as my wife is eligible for Social Security, (in two years) we're outta here for either The Carolina's or Florida.  We've been checking out NC and SC by taking trips down there. We also spent time in Hollywood Florida and Fort Myers this past July. I know - it's nuts to visit Florida at that time of year, but she had a business trip there for a week, and I went along for the ride, so it was a cheap trip.  That Smart Alec 26 year old tried to horn in on the trip, but I told my wife "If she's goin', then I aint."  The 26 year old decided to go to Amsterdam with her friend instead, so I got to go to Florida. 

OK.  Sorry.  I've won a lot of small lottery prizes, the biggest hit ever had came last May when I won $575 playing New York's 5/39 game, Take5.  But I'd love to win L4L or NY's Cash 4Life... I could take $52,000 a year for life.  (That's C4L's 2nd place prize.  It's $365,000 a year for life if ya hit The Big Momma.)  G5 

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3693 Posts
    Posted: October 24, 2016, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

From what A+ is telling me, the current matrix for L4L is 5/48 + 1/18.  It's been that way since Sept 19th, of 2013.  It's had a total of  323 drawings since that date.

I see #22 has been the hottest WB since 9/19/13 with 48 hits.  (hit rate of 3.0%)  The hottest LB is #5 with 24 hits.  All WB numbers have an expected number of hits of 35 since 9/19/13, so #22 with 48 hits is hot. One thing that makes #22 hot is that it has repeated 10 times since 9/19/13, and that's the most of any WB number.  So if you see #22 be drawn, play it again in the next drawing.  Only one WB number (#38) has hit in 4 consecutive drawings. No number has ever been drawn in 5 or more back to back drawings. 

There have been a total of 145 "one skips" since 9/19/13.  132 two-skips, and 107 three-skips. So as you can see, one-skips are a smart pick.

Hottest WB pair since 9/19/13 is #32 - #39 having come out together 10 times. 

The best WB's sum range is 85 to 122 having been drawn in 140 of the 323 drawings.

There's a lot more A+ is telling me, but I'll stop for now.  G5 

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

adulane62's avatar - file php?avatar=16228.gif
      From Denver, Rocky Mountain Empire,
      United States
      Member #49750
      February 13, 2007
      439 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2016, 12:06 am - IP Logged

From what A+ is telling me, the current matrix for L4L is 5/48 + 1/18.  It's been that way since Sept 19th, of 2013.  It's had a total of  323 drawings since that date.

I see #22 has been the hottest WB since 9/19/13 with 48 hits.  (hit rate of 3.0%)  The hottest LB is #5 with 24 hits.  All WB numbers have an expected number of hits of 35 since 9/19/13, so #22 with 48 hits is hot. One thing that makes #22 hot is that it has repeated 10 times since 9/19/13, and that's the most of any WB number.  So if you see #22 be drawn, play it again in the next drawing.  Only one WB number (#38) has hit in 4 consecutive drawings. No number has ever been drawn in 5 or more back to back drawings. 

There have been a total of 145 "one skips" since 9/19/13.  132 two-skips, and 107 three-skips. So as you can see, one-skips are a smart pick.

Hottest WB pair since 9/19/13 is #32 - #39 having come out together 10 times. 

The best WB's sum range is 85 to 122 having been drawn in 140 of the 323 drawings.

There's a lot more A+ is telling me, but I'll stop for now.  G5 

GiveFive, 

I got the same thinking as you, because for the last five L4L drawings I played #22 on my lines thinking it was overdue, since it was drawn a lot and used to be a "hot" number. Man, was I disappointed! The other 4 numbers you mentioned (i.e., 2-4-25-43) have occasionally shown up and are worthwhile to play them. I have a little knowledge of excel and I do track hot, average numbers, etc. However, what I noticed is L4L drawing have no rhythm and the numbers can come from all over the place. It is truly random, except for the LB.

L4L has become my favorite game by far and the small prizes I am winning is making it my worthwhile, so I will stick with it in the long run. I never match even two numbers on MM and PB, so I quit playing them. If they are huge jackpots it is OK. Thanks for the tips GiveFive!

Go Broncos!  White Bounce

NY State
        United States
        Member #92609
        June 10, 2010
        3693 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2016, 8:00 am - IP Logged

GiveFive, 

I got the same thinking as you, because for the last five L4L drawings I played #22 on my lines thinking it was overdue, since it was drawn a lot and used to be a "hot" number. Man, was I disappointed! The other 4 numbers you mentioned (i.e., 2-4-25-43) have occasionally shown up and are worthwhile to play them. I have a little knowledge of excel and I do track hot, average numbers, etc. However, what I noticed is L4L drawing have no rhythm and the numbers can come from all over the place. It is truly random, except for the LB.

L4L has become my favorite game by far and the small prizes I am winning is making it my worthwhile, so I will stick with it in the long run. I never match even two numbers on MM and PB, so I quit playing them. If they are huge jackpots it is OK. Thanks for the tips GiveFive!

You're welcome! 

Last nites winning L4L numbers were: 6 23 33 44 45  LB was 09

Of that group #45 was the year to date big hitter. It now has 12 hits in 2016. (But four numbers remain ahead of it. They are -  #'s 2 & 4 with 14 hits in 2016, and #'s 25 & 43 with 12 hits)  The #9 LB has now hit 6 times in 2016, and is in third place for 2016.  The #14 LB is the top hitter of 2016 with 10 hits this year.  It still looks to me like one of these numbers will reach 20 hits in 2016:  #'s 2, 4, 25 & 43   If I was playing L4L, I'd keep them in play for the remaining drawings of 2016. 

There were three "one-skips" in the winning set of five - #6, #23 & #45.  So as I have said here previously, one-skips are a smart pick.  Here are the one-skips for next Thursday nite: #4, #5, #9 #28 & #37. The four skips are; #14, #26, #43 & #48.  (remember,  four-skips are on a year to date basis, the one skips are since 9/19/13)

Year to date, Odds/Evens and High/Low's are pretty even.  At the moment, there really isn't a heavy bias towards either.  When there have been a lot of odds drawn (+10 or more) it makes sense to play evens. Same holds true for high/low's.  This because odds/evens or high/lows will all even out over time.  In the last ten drawings, Odds are +6, and high/lows has a zero bias. (the same number of high numbers has been drawn as even numbers in the last ten drawings) 

I took a look at a "rolling year" (10/25/15 to 10/24/16) of the numbers. #2, #25 & #27 all have 16 hits in that period.  #'s 3, 4, 14, 21 & 28 have had 15 hits each, so as you can see, #2, #4, #14, #25 and #43 have  been hot for a year now. (might even be longer than that)   

More to come.  I'll post again prior to Thursday nites' drawing.  G5

United States
          Member #49750
          February 13, 2007
          439 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2016, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! I will wheel the above numbers for Thursday!

NY State
            United States
            Member #92609
            June 10, 2010
            3693 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2016, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! I will wheel the above numbers for Thursday!

Here's hopin' you nail it like The Bronco's nailed Brock Oswieler last nite. 

Here in NY, we don't have L4L.  Instead we have Cash 4Life.  It's basically the same game as L4L and it's played in six or seven states.  I won 10 bucks playing it last nite.  I used my "year to date strategy" and it's been paying off. I won $14.00 last Thursday nite using that same strategy playing C4L.

I don't know if other states do what NY does, but here in NY, we can play what's known as a "partial-QP".  If I pick 4 numbers in C4L, and mark the "QP" box on the playslip, the lotto terminal will pick the fifth number.  If you ask a clerk in a store about that, they'll tell you that you cant do that, but when I do it, and show them that it really does work, they all get a look of total amazement on their faces.  If I pick just one number, the terminal will pick the other four.  If I pick two, it'll pick the other three etc. But the key to doing it is YOU GOTTA ALSO MARK THE QP BOX.  If you forget to do that, it wont work.  But like I said, other states may not do it.  Give it a try and see what happens. G5

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3854 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2016, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Here's hopin' you nail it like The Bronco's nailed Brock Oswieler last nite. 

Here in NY, we don't have L4L.  Instead we have Cash 4Life.  It's basically the same game as L4L and it's played in six or seven states.  I won 10 bucks playing it last nite.  I used my "year to date strategy" and it's been paying off. I won $14.00 last Thursday nite using that same strategy playing C4L.

I don't know if other states do what NY does, but here in NY, we can play what's known as a "partial-QP".  If I pick 4 numbers in C4L, and mark the "QP" box on the playslip, the lotto terminal will pick the fifth number.  If you ask a clerk in a store about that, they'll tell you that you cant do that, but when I do it, and show them that it really does work, they all get a look of total amazement on their faces.  If I pick just one number, the terminal will pick the other four.  If I pick two, it'll pick the other three etc. But the key to doing it is YOU GOTTA ALSO MARK THE QP BOX.  If you forget to do that, it wont work.  But like I said, other states may not do it.  Give it a try and see what happens. G5

OH, I'll have to try that...made the mistake of depending on the clerk's knowledge,

In Jersey and Maryland on the C4L game.

Now is that also true for LFL in Delaware ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3693 Posts
                Posted: October 25, 2016, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

OH, I'll have to try that...made the mistake of depending on the clerk's knowledge,

I only know partial-QP's work in New York. I've no idea if you can buy them in any other state.  I used to buy Connecticut tickets, but I never tried to buy a partial-QP over there.  G5

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                  N.C.
                  United States
                  Member #56005
                  October 28, 2007
                  829 Posts
                  Posted: October 27, 2016, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

been away from this game for a few draws now.
                  anyone been keeping track of the cold numbers?
                  whats hot, whats not? what I miss?
                  will #22 finally come out of hiding anytime soon?

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3693 Posts
                    Posted: October 27, 2016, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Hi Guys....

I know I told you I'd post before Thursday nites drawing...and I'm sorry for posting so late in the day or so close to the drawing... been a busy day, and I still gotta make my picks for tonites Cash 4Life drawing and go out to buy my tickets too.

Numbers 4, 5, 28, & 37 are your one-skips and I'd pick one or two of those.  #4 is the hottest with 14 hits in 2016. #28 has 11 hits this year, so I'd go with either one or both of those. #14, #26, #43 & #48 are the four-skips. Of those I like #14 with 12 hits in 2016, and also #43 with 13 hits. 

Tonite might be a real good nite to play a repeater.  That's because the last time there was a repeater was on Sept 26th's drawing when two numbers repeated (#17 and #37)  So I'd also play #6, #23, #33, #44 and #45.

Hope this helps!  Go out there and NAIL some BIG MONEY!!!  G5   

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3693 Posts
                      Posted: October 27, 2016, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

been away from this game for a few draws now.
                      anyone been keeping track of the cold numbers?
                      whats hot, whats not? what I miss?
                      will #22 finally come out of hiding anytime soon?

Man that #22 is stone cold... it's skipped the last 40 draws.  It's a longshot, so it might be worth playing.  Only 8 hits in 2016.  G5

N.C.
                        United States
                        Member #56005
                        October 28, 2007
                        829 Posts
                        Posted: October 27, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Man that #22 is stone cold... it's skipped the last 40 draws.  It's a longshot, so it might be worth playing.  Only 8 hits in 2016.  G5

Thanks GiveFive.
                        when I get some more charts from my friend
                        and the software loaded back on my pc.
                        I'll be able to help out again.

Good Luck Everyone!!

United States
                          Member #49750
                          February 13, 2007
                          439 Posts
                          Posted: October 28, 2016, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Played 10 lines and won $6. Loss of $14. Those were weird numbers all right, even the Lucky Ball (#11) which last showed June 30, 2016! Whah da hell! LOL

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3854 Posts
                            Posted: November 1, 2016, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Ok, Didn't work in Jersey on C4L

the machine just kicked out the bet slip.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

N.C.
                              United States
                              Member #56005
                              October 28, 2007
                              829 Posts
                              Posted: November 1, 2016, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Only played 1 line. spent $2 won $6

with the way its been going, I was too afraid to run a wheel.

Page 14 of 16