Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do lottery jackpot winners win? LUCK or FATE?

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 months ago by bobby623.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
LA Ca.
United States
Member #172750
February 3, 2016
88 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2016, 12:42 am - IP Logged

It's neither luck nor fate. It's boils down to possibilities & probabilities.

Someone is possibly going to win, it probably won't be you.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19727 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2016, 4:17 am - IP Logged

Image result for people who only talk about themselves

ROFL

Let it Snow Snowman

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      877 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2016, 11:06 am - IP Logged

As Schultz from Hogan's Heros would say.....Very Intersting!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        877 Posts
        Posted: August 27, 2016, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Image result for people who only talk about themselves

Well then, I guess that solves it, I must be crazy after all!

Argue                       Scared

Me interrupting me 

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

United States
          Member #176690
          August 20, 2016
          13 Posts
          Posted: August 27, 2016, 11:56 am - IP Logged

But then there's the question of why not you?

If someone is likely to win, does one player have some sort of "leg up" or advantage over everyone else?

All it takes is one ticket with the right numbers to win.  I have seen big pools buy 1,000 or more tickets for these big $500+ million drawings and not even get a $50 return on investment, but yet some people buy one or just a few tickets and win it all.

Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #169723
            October 29, 2015
            877 Posts
            Posted: August 27, 2016, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

If someone is likely to win, does one player have some sort of "leg up" or advantage over everyone else?

All it takes is one ticket with the right numbers to win.  I have seen big pools buy 1,000 or more tickets for these big $500+ million drawings and not even get a $50 return on investment, but yet some people buy one or just a few tickets and win it all.

I Agree! My point exactly. That's what made me start this thread in the first place.

Those that buy just one of a few tickets and win, is it being at the right place and the right time and buying the soon to be winning ticket.

You ask for insert amount here tickets and one of those is going to win the jackpot. 

Is it luck or fate? Most say luck because it deals with chance, but fate brought you to the place at the time you bought the ticket. Yes, I know it's complicated.

The Meatman

United States
              Member #114502
              August 1, 2011
              650 Posts
              Posted: August 27, 2016, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I think they win because they found out who are what group is controlling finacial aid is this country.  I have been studying and betting in lottery for 7 years. I can put together numbers from pic 3 through cash 5. All exact numbers. Some are on the tickets with different dates and some are not even bidded on. I have put together 4 numbers in jackpot several times. I think certain amounts are predetermine and preauthorize. Some people think a value or worth is a look.

For example men are valued more. Many men can find funding for sex change. Some single parent mothers still never get their child support. Certain women if they do not approved of their features or ethnic background are treated terrible.The people that run the state and make the decisions may even blackmail the employees or the state interviewer may have a stubborn heart. it may be federal.

LA Ca.
                United States
                Member #172750
                February 3, 2016
                88 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2016, 1:32 am - IP Logged

It goes back to probability. It has nothing to do with luck or fate, it's just basic math. We all knows the odds, we still play.

Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #169723
                  October 29, 2015
                  877 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2016, 9:24 am - IP Logged

It goes back to probability. It has nothing to do with luck or fate, it's just basic math. We all knows the odds, we still play.

Yeah, the odds of winning are somewhere between slim and none!

The Meatman

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2016, 10:05 am - IP Logged

As Schultz from Hogan's Heros would say.....Very Intersting!

The Meatman2005,

No biggie but Schultz was known for saying, "I see nothing, I know nothing, I hear nothing" and Arte Johnson of Laugh in was the one who said "Very Interesting".

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M45c09344472e2f5114112d8641441c3eo1&w=300&h=230&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5588 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2016, 10:11 am - IP Logged

I think they win because they found out who are what group is controlling finacial aid is this country.  I have been studying and betting in lottery for 7 years. I can put together numbers from pic 3 through cash 5. All exact numbers. Some are on the tickets with different dates and some are not even bidded on. I have put together 4 numbers in jackpot several times. I think certain amounts are predetermine and preauthorize. Some people think a value or worth is a look.

For example men are valued more. Many men can find funding for sex change. Some single parent mothers still never get their child support. Certain women if they do not approved of their features or ethnic background are treated terrible.The people that run the state and make the decisions may even blackmail the employees or the state interviewer may have a stubborn heart. it may be federal.

What on earth does any of that have to do with winning a lottery jackpot?

You are saying that whoever controls financial aid also controls who wins a jackpot???

REALLY???

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
                        Member #114502
                        August 1, 2011
                        650 Posts
                        Posted: August 28, 2016, 11:05 am - IP Logged

yes. i have been taught that is 2% of the people truly control the wealth. I finish college years ago expecting to make and be exposed to $60,000 or $70,000 salaries. The society is limiting me and exposing me to welfare and government programs that are controlling and not available.   I am able to put together cash 5 numbers . all exact numbers . I have done this several times, but its played on  different days. They do not think im worth $100,000. If I give it away to certain people with houses or work for state and federal it works for them and they win and do not share with me. Some people are under the impression if you have a house and a car that information from a poorer person should be free to the wealthy, but I disagree.  Certain people they just want them to live at the bottom of the chain cycle. I am able to match 4 out of 5 in jackpot  games such as meagamillion and powerball sometimes but they are on different days.

Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          877 Posts
                          Posted: August 28, 2016, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

I stand corrected. Thanks.

The Meatman

realtorjim's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcT7U3t20NgScoPlxOqLT6TR0vQeJNBV3_tTswe1XeFDTsdw3NLZ

United States
                            Member #106923
                            February 27, 2011
                            474 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2016, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

yes. i have been taught that is 2% of the people truly control the wealth. I finish college years ago expecting to make and be exposed to $60,000 or $70,000 salaries. The society is limiting me and exposing me to welfare and government programs that are controlling and not available.   I am able to put together cash 5 numbers . all exact numbers . I have done this several times, but its played on  different days. They do not think im worth $100,000. If I give it away to certain people with houses or work for state and federal it works for them and they win and do not share with me. Some people are under the impression if you have a house and a car that information from a poorer person should be free to the wealthy, but I disagree.  Certain people they just want them to live at the bottom of the chain cycle. I am able to match 4 out of 5 in jackpot  games such as meagamillion and powerball sometimes but they are on different days.

The top 1% of population, in terms of worth, own 50% of the worlds wealth.  They do have control over their finances, thus ultimately half the worlds wealth as a result.  This does not, however, have anything to do with your ability to win the lottery.  There is not an agency that determines if you are "worth" winning any amount.  You win the lottery because the numbers on your ticket was selected through a random process. The odds are astronomical and explains why almost everyone does not win.  But we play because it is possible to win.  No one is pre-selected to win or lose.  You mention matching numbers but not on the right drawing day.  Well, then you did not match the numbers.  No one made it so you wouldn't match, you just didn't match.  Most players don't.  You play the lottery with a hope to win, not with an expectation to win, and then blame society as the reason you do not win.

I'm feeling a jackpot win coming my way!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5113 Posts
                              Posted: August 28, 2016, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's both.

Luck when you win, but fate that you lost all your riches.

PSYKO "think" Idea

"YOU" make your own ^^^LUCK^^^ good or bad Blue Angel or  Big Grin Angel 

^^^^^^FAITH^^^^^^ >>>>>>IT JUST CAN't GIT NO BUTTER OR WORSSSER than IT ALREADY "IS" <<<<<<CAN "IT"?????