Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do lottery jackpot winners win? LUCK or FATE?

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 3 months ago by bobby623.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4110 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2016, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Which part of this story would Fate ( if it existed ) have a hand in?

Back in 2014, sex offender Timothy Poole officially won $3 million as part of a Florida lottery called Super Millions, but since he was a convicted pedophile, two of Poole’s former victims sued him for the money. A judge in the civil lawsuit said the child molester would be allowed to keep and spend his money.

Would it  not suggest that " Fate" has a morbid sense of humor?...just asking.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2016, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

I stand corrected. Thanks.

No problem, easy mistake to make.

At least you got the picture to post!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5615 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2016, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

yes. i have been taught that is 2% of the people truly control the wealth. I finish college years ago expecting to make and be exposed to $60,000 or $70,000 salaries. The society is limiting me and exposing me to welfare and government programs that are controlling and not available.   I am able to put together cash 5 numbers . all exact numbers . I have done this several times, but its played on  different days. They do not think im worth $100,000. If I give it away to certain people with houses or work for state and federal it works for them and they win and do not share with me. Some people are under the impression if you have a house and a car that information from a poorer person should be free to the wealthy, but I disagree.  Certain people they just want them to live at the bottom of the chain cycle. I am able to match 4 out of 5 in jackpot  games such as meagamillion and powerball sometimes but they are on different days.

Well, just like one of my kids that went to college. You fell hook, line, and sinker for all that liberal BS they teach in college. And the b*tch of it is, I got to pay for it.

The 1 or 2 percent that "controls" wealth are smarter and better than you and me and made their money. However, no matter how they acquired their money, they do not control the lottery. When you make statements like that, your credibility flies out the window because it makes no sense.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Portland, OR
        United States
        Member #145973
        August 20, 2013
        226 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2016, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

It is nothing but luck.  I wish the Powerball or Megamillion numbers were 10 white and 3 powerball or megaball. It's the same thing as it stands now; except JP will get bigger, which me likes it.  Forget about the odds; it's all about luck.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7322 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2016, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Luck
          anybody follow basketball? too bad..I'm rolling.
          most NCAA coaches will tell you, that to make it through March Madness, you have to have some bit of luck..or  Catch
          a break or two. (not to be confused with a fast break, or taking a break)
          There talking about Luck

So when Christian Laettner made what is now refered to as "The Shot" in the 1992 Duke vs. Kentucky Basketball game. was that Luck?
          Probably...but what they don't tell you is that Laettner was perfect from the field that night he went 10 for 10.
          so, if the the last shot was luck....what would you consider the other 9 shots?

to believe it was pure luck...no...there was a great deal of Skill, Hard Work, Dedication, Patience, as well as Faith, which I have not
          heard anyone mention. the driving force that pushes us beyond the barriers of our own sense of ability.

Fate
          I have heard the cinderella story time and time again, it was destiny they say....
          is it really????
          a predetermined event to happen in our life that no matter what choices we make that we will still end up going down
          the same final path and reaching the same destination.
          Bologna
          So no matter how hard the players worked that season, no matter how well Coack K instructed them, that team was destined to win
          two BACK TO BACK NCAA Championships...
          I'm not buying it...
          We've all heard the old saying, "Chance favors the prepared mind".
          Luck and Fate alone will not get you there.

in my opinion, it is a formula of many variables...
          I wish I knew the whole equation...I don't...

I do believe there are many paths in this life , and our choices are what guide us to our final destination.

Is winning the lottery Luck or Fate?
          I don't know...I believe they are both involved.

I would Imagine
          it is everything coming together in perfect harmony one moment in time where the universe fell into place
          at least that is how I invision it.

If I was to win, I don't think I would spend a whole lot of time pondering instead of enjoying.

"So when Christian Laettner made what is now refered to as "The Shot" in the 1992 Duke vs. Kentucky Basketball game. was that Luck? "

Considering Laettner probably made that shot hundreds of times in practice, getting the ball into his hands was the key. Kentucky decided not to guard Grant Hill who was inbounding the ball and he threw a strike to Laettner. 

A similar thing happened in 2011 when Kentucky went to Indiana. KY was leading 72 - 70 with 5.6 seconds left when Christian Walford made a three pointer at the buzzer. And just like in the game 20 years earlier KY didn't guard the inbounder. Was Indiana lucky because nobody guarded the inbound or was it because Doron Lamb missed his free throw the play before?

Had he made the first free throw and missed the second, more time would run off the clock. Because there are lots of other things happening before the shots, it's neither fate or luck.IMO it's the "butterfly effect".

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
            Member #164727
            March 12, 2015
            2536 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2016, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

But then there's the question of why not you?

If someone is likely to win, does one player have some sort of "leg up" or advantage over everyone else?

All it takes is one ticket with the right numbers to win.  I have seen big pools buy 1,000 or more tickets for these big $500+ million drawings and not even get a $50 return on investment, but yet some people buy one or just a few tickets and win it all.

If I told you there was a new game out that had a 1 in 5 TRILLION odds of winning, yet someone wins the JP every month, would you still say "Why not me?".

My point is, is there a limit of how hard a game has to be before you say to yourself that the probability of me winning the JP is so low that it's not worth spending the money? Is it half a billion to 1 odds, 3/4 billion, or more? I'd really love to know the answer because I've been wondering for a while now. 

amber123's avatar - OpIFNim

United States
              Member #164727
              March 12, 2015
              2536 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2016, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I think they win because they found out who are what group is controlling finacial aid is this country.  I have been studying and betting in lottery for 7 years. I can put together numbers from pic 3 through cash 5. All exact numbers. Some are on the tickets with different dates and some are not even bidded on. I have put together 4 numbers in jackpot several times. I think certain amounts are predetermine and preauthorize. Some people think a value or worth is a look.

For example men are valued more. Many men can find funding for sex change. Some single parent mothers still never get their child support. Certain women if they do not approved of their features or ethnic background are treated terrible.The people that run the state and make the decisions may even blackmail the employees or the state interviewer may have a stubborn heart. it may be federal.

Now this is comedy GOLD !

ROFL

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
                Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                879 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2016, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

No problem, easy mistake to make.

At least you got the picture to post!

I too once had a problem posting a picture into the forum...until I wrote to Todd asking how to do it. He sent e this link from the help menu https://www.lotterypost.com/help

Posting an image in a forum message, Blog entry, or for your avatar

In order to post a picture into the forum, you will need the Image address. Find an image online, right click and select COPY IMAGE ADDRESS. When you are posting a reply, look up above where you are typing. See the smile face (Emoticons icon)? Go over to your right five icons and click on that one. If you hover over it, it will say Insert/edit Picture. Click there and insert the image address. You can't insert an image that isn't somewhere online. Not just in your computer.

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4879 Posts
                  Posted: August 28, 2016, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

I too once had a problem posting a picture into the forum...until I wrote to Todd asking how to do it. He sent e this link from the help menu https://www.lotterypost.com/help

Posting an image in a forum message, Blog entry, or for your avatar

In order to post a picture into the forum, you will need the Image address. Find an image online, right click and select COPY IMAGE ADDRESS. When you are posting a reply, look up above where you are typing. See the smile face (Emoticons icon)? Go over to your right five icons and click on that one. If you hover over it, it will say Insert/edit Picture. Click there and insert the image address. You can't insert an image that isn't somewhere online. Not just in your computer.

Thanks for the how-to. The couple of times I posted I got it by dumb luck. You know, hit enough keys it will happen eventually. LOL

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: August 28, 2016, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

TheMeatman2005,

Thanks for the top on posting pics. 

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: August 28, 2016, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

amber123,

We once had a poll here om how big a matrix would it take for you to stop playing and surprisingly some people said there woudln't be one big enough for them to stop, they'd play no matter what.

Lep

Brooklyn, NY
                        United States
                        Member #169723
                        October 29, 2015
                        879 Posts
                        Posted: August 29, 2016, 10:32 am - IP Logged

amber123,

We once had a poll here om how big a matrix would it take for you to stop playing and surprisingly some people said there woudln't be one big enough for them to stop, they'd play no matter what.

Someone would hit it....eventually

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                          u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106665
                          February 22, 2011
                          19894 Posts
                          Posted: August 29, 2016, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I think they win because they found out who are what group is controlling finacial aid is this country.  I have been studying and betting in lottery for 7 years. I can put together numbers from pic 3 through cash 5. All exact numbers. Some are on the tickets with different dates and some are not even bidded on. I have put together 4 numbers in jackpot several times. I think certain amounts are predetermine and preauthorize. Some people think a value or worth is a look.

For example men are valued more. Many men can find funding for sex change. Some single parent mothers still never get their child support. Certain women if they do not approved of their features or ethnic background are treated terrible.The people that run the state and make the decisions may even blackmail the employees or the state interviewer may have a stubborn heart. it may be federal.

I can put together numbers from pic 3 through cash 5. All exact numbers. Some are on the tickets with different dates and some are not even bidded on.

Anyone can do that just look at amber123 post.. LOL

Let it Snow Snowman

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                            N.C.
                            United States
                            Member #56005
                            October 28, 2007
                            834 Posts
                            Posted: August 29, 2016, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

"So when Christian Laettner made what is now refered to as "The Shot" in the 1992 Duke vs. Kentucky Basketball game. was that Luck? "

Considering Laettner probably made that shot hundreds of times in practice, getting the ball into his hands was the key. Kentucky decided not to guard Grant Hill who was inbounding the ball and he threw a strike to Laettner. 

A similar thing happened in 2011 when Kentucky went to Indiana. KY was leading 72 - 70 with 5.6 seconds left when Christian Walford made a three pointer at the buzzer. And just like in the game 20 years earlier KY didn't guard the inbounder. Was Indiana lucky because nobody guarded the inbound or was it because Doron Lamb missed his free throw the play before?

Had he made the first free throw and missed the second, more time would run off the clock. Because there are lots of other things happening before the shots, it's neither fate or luck.IMO it's the "butterfly effect".

it's neither fate or luck.IMO it's the "butterfly effect".

I can agree with that...

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

Brooklyn, NY
                              United States
                              Member #169723
                              October 29, 2015
                              879 Posts
                              Posted: August 29, 2016, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

it's neither fate or luck.IMO it's the "butterfly effect".

I can agree with that...

Wow...the "Butterfly Effect" Now that explains everything.

The Meatman