Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why do lottery jackpot winners win? LUCK or FATE?

Topic closed. 103 replies. Last post 4 months ago by bobby623.

Page 7 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
MoneyMike$'s avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Ny
United States
Member #167314
July 5, 2015
1810 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2016, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

It's neither luck nor fate. It's boils down to possibilities & probabilities.

Someone is possibly going to win, it probably won't be you.

The only way to look at it.. On a more positive note hoping it will be you.. I think more likely then not someone is going to win a million dollars every draw.. Dont you see its only the bonus ball that keeps people from the jackpot.. Other then that almost every draw someone or a few people will score a million.. Stop being greedy and watching the jackpot has more astronomical odds then the 5 of 5 itself.. Someone will win i hope its me when i play the jackpot games.. Patience

Creativity..

" What's more likely to happen will happen.. "

Million dollar operation 

Wink

Ny
    United States
    Member #167314
    July 5, 2015
    1810 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2016, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, the odds of winning are somewhere between slim and none!

But somebody wins everytime so pick the right number.. Screw the odds makes no difference if you going to play

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

TheMeatman2005's avatar - lightening
      Brooklyn, NY
      United States
      Member #169723
      October 29, 2015
      885 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2016, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

But somebody wins everytime so pick the right number.. Screw the odds makes no difference if you going to play

I play every draw, whether it's a starting jackpot or history making jackpot.

It's more like the odds end up screwing me. Not vice versa

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Winning happens in a flash, Like A Bolt Of Lightning!  Patriot

Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #169723
        October 29, 2015
        885 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2016, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

The only way to look at it.. On a more positive note hoping it will be you.. I think more likely then not someone is going to win a million dollars every draw.. Dont you see its only the bonus ball that keeps people from the jackpot.. Other then that almost every draw someone or a few people will score a million.. Stop being greedy and watching the jackpot has more astronomical odds then the 5 of 5 itself.. Someone will win i hope its me when i play the jackpot games.. Patience

I have so much POSITIVE energy that sometimes I feel like a Sears Diehard!

The Meatman

“The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket.” Will Rogers

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10388 Posts
          Posted: August 31, 2016, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Since we're discussing fate how about this?

Montana plane crash kills 'Ice Road Truckers' TV show star

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — A plane crash in western Montana killed a star of the History channel reality series "Ice Road Truckers" who was planning to film a pilot episode of a show about recovering plane wrecks.

Darrell Ward, 52, of Deer Lodge, died in the fiery crash Sunday on the shoulder of Interstate 90 southeast of Missoula, History spokeswoman Susan Ievoli confirmed Monday.

RIP Darrell Ward

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Brooklyn, NY
            United States
            Member #169723
            October 29, 2015
            885 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2016, 6:12 am - IP Logged

Since we're discussing fate how about this?

Montana plane crash kills 'Ice Road Truckers' TV show star

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — A plane crash in western Montana killed a star of the History channel reality series "Ice Road Truckers" who was planning to film a pilot episode of a show about recovering plane wrecks.

Darrell Ward, 52, of Deer Lodge, died in the fiery crash Sunday on the shoulder of Interstate 90 southeast of Missoula, History spokeswoman Susan Ievoli confirmed Monday.

RIP Darrell Ward

RIP Darrell Blue Angel

I suppose that there's being in the wrong place at the wrong time as well as being at the right place at the right time.

And then when it all comes together and you're at the right place at the right time and all six winning numbers drawn match those that are printed on your lottery ticket.

Book of Life:  In the Hebrew Bible[edit] (taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Life)

In the Hebrew Bible the Book of Life - the book or muster-roll of God - records forever all people considered righteous before God. God has such a book, and to be blotted out of it signifies death. It is with reference to the Book of Life that the holy remnant is spoken of as being written unto life inJerusalem; compare also Ezekiel ix. 4, where one of the six heavenly envoys "who had the scribe's inkhorn upon his loins" is told to mark the righteous for life, while the remainder of the inhabitants of Jerusalem are doomed. The Psalmist likewise speaks of the Book of Life in which only the names of the righteous are written "and from which the unrighteous are blotted out". Even the tears of men are recorded in this Book of God. "Every one that shall be found written in the book . . . shall awake to everlasting life". This book is probably identical with the "Book of Remembrance" in which are recorded the deeds of those that fear the Lord.

The Meatman

Member #0
              January 1, 2000
              0 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2016, 6:13 am - IP Logged

Hello! I do believe, that your luck directly depends on your attitude to Lottery! If you trust that its your lucky day - you will increase your chances to win and choose the right numbers. Wish all of us  good luck!

Brooklyn, NY
                United States
                Member #169723
                October 29, 2015
                885 Posts
                Posted: August 31, 2016, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Hello! I do believe, that your luck directly depends on your attitude to Lottery! If you trust that its your lucky day - you will increase your chances to win and choose the right numbers. Wish all of us  good luck!

Welcome to LP Sunny85

Yes, a positive attitude always helps! Yes Nod

The Meatman

Ny
                  United States
                  Member #167314
                  July 5, 2015
                  1810 Posts
                  Posted: August 31, 2016, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Indeed you will win on your lucky day

Creativity..

Million dollar operation 

Wink

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4144 Posts
                    Posted: August 31, 2016, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I have so much POSITIVE energy that sometimes I feel like a Sears Diehard!

l hear you loud and clear. I refuse to allow myself to be surrounded by negative people, no time for it. Same for lousy food & service at restaurant's. You saw me just once eating your crap, but no more. Angry

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10388 Posts
                      Posted: August 31, 2016, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

The Meatman2005,

Along the lies of the Book of Life the Jewish kabbalists have a belief in the Bread of Shame. Basically it has to do with money (or things) that comes out of nowhere and none of it being put to good use. 

I wonder if that's why some jackpot winners blow it all.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
                        LAS VEGAS
                        United States
                        Member #47729
                        November 22, 2006
                        4577 Posts
                        Posted: August 31, 2016, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! Good & surprising quote selection  CT, right out of the wise Zohar collection; many of these on par with the older venerated Chinese Confucianism teachings that have endured.

My old time fav is the much maligned & misquoted biblical  "*The 'LOVE' of money is the root of all evil."

*Specifically meaning when adoration of the Golden Calf (money) comes first before God, country,community, family or just doing whatever it takes to get it the gelt (right or wrong) then we have trouble right here in River City ( Las Vegas or NY)

Best Wishes

Eddessa_Knight with Invisible Light

Nota Bene:

'a klug asein seichel' - a curse on their brains.  EmojiLoL

Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #169723
                          October 29, 2015
                          885 Posts
                          Posted: September 4, 2016, 11:51 am - IP Logged

That is a very popular quote and has a lot of truth behind it. 

There is another quote by Francis Bacon that one of the members on LP uses in their signature. It is “Money is a great servant but a bad master.”

The Meatman

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                            San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1405 Posts
                            Posted: September 4, 2016, 5:07 pm - IP Logged