Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Digit Master redivivus

333 replies. Last post 30 days ago by adamcustom.

Page 10 of 23
PrintE-mailLink
California
United States
Member #173431
March 2, 2016
37 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2016, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

While installing, uninstalling, and testing all three installers in Windows XP SP3, I came across the "Warning! Loading from master folder" once, but haven't been able to recreate it again -- except when actually trying to load from a master folder... I noticed that uninstalling did leave a couple of folders/files untouched, so maybe nurse101 can try making sure the T-Lex folder is completely gone before reinstalling...don't know if that will help her.

Initially, I had issues with T-Lex getting stuck at "Loading database, please wait..." after loading games, but I believe that was caused by not running T-Lex under an Admin account. Probably didn't have permission to read the game text files. I must have installed and uninstalled each version a half-dozen times while troubleshooting... What's strange is that if I now try to run T-Lex using a non-Admin account, I no longer get stuck at "Loading database, please wait...", but get a dialog with "Unhandled Error #70. Line: 329. Permission denied." instead. But that's not an issue now that I know to run as Admin. When I install on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, I'll probably give my non-admin account full rights to the T-Lex folders.

nurse101's avatar - rinard
    london
    United Kingdom
    Member #166661
    June 1, 2015
    130 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2016, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

hi james 

thanks for letting me know, but i have uninstalled and installed so many times i just uninstalled all again still got that error message. i dont get a option to use admin can you talk me through that?

thanks in advance

london
      United Kingdom
      Member #166661
      June 1, 2015
      130 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2016, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

also which download did you find helped so when i uninstall everything again i go to that specific download to re try the steps again

California
        United States
        Member #173431
        March 2, 2016
        37 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2016, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi nurse101, I do not remember which installer I got the "Warning" message from, but I haven't seen that "Warning" message during my last several installations/uninstallations using all three installers. That makes me think it was something I did or there was something funky in that installation that several installations/uninstallations resolved.

I haven't installed T-Lex on my Windows 10 machine yet, but I'm leaning towards using the installer (OLD-PROS.zip) RL-RANDOMLOGIC posted. However, I'm intrigued with the 4/24/16 version because it appears to be "newer" and might have additional features.

It sounds like you are probably installing/running in an admin account. When you installed T-Lex, Windows 10 probably gave you a yes/no prompt to continue, but you didn't have to type in a password, right? When I installed in Windows XP, I had to Run as Admin because I was installing/running from a non-admin account.

Do you still see the "C:\T-Lex" folder after you uninstall it?

london
          United Kingdom
          Member #166661
          June 1, 2015
          130 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2016, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

after uninstalling no t lex folder. will try reinstall now

California
            United States
            Member #173431
            March 2, 2016
            37 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2016, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I was mistaken about the uninstaller leaving files/folder behind. I just removed the games using Game manager, uninstalled T-Lex, and nothing was left behind. In the instances where some files/folders were left behind, I probably didn't use Game manager to remove the games I had added...

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3964 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2016, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

after uninstalling no t lex folder. will try reinstall now

Read this article for setting default directories for programs.   Everything T-Lex uses should

be in the C:\T-LEX directory. 

This may help but if not you should be able to google it to find a solution.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-change-location-folders-such-documents-or-downloads

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3964 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2016, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

I was mistaken about the uninstaller leaving files/folder behind. I just removed the games using Game manager, uninstalled T-Lex, and nothing was left behind. In the instances where some files/folders were left behind, I probably didn't use Game manager to remove the games I had added...

Rather or not the program is completely removed after the uninstall is ran depends on if you have windows explorer

opened at the time.  To remove everything make sure explorer is not open or any other like program when the uninstall

program is ran.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

California
                  United States
                  Member #173431
                  March 2, 2016
                  37 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2016, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Rather or not the program is completely removed after the uninstall is ran depends on if you have windows explorer

opened at the time.  To remove everything make sure explorer is not open or any other like program when the uninstall

program is ran.

RL

Hi RL,

I'm pretty sure I didn't have any programs accessing the T-Lex folders or its subfolders during the uninstallation.

The only files and folders remaining after the uninstallation were the GAMES folder, CA5390.TXT in the GAMES folder, the FILES folder, CA539.TXT in the FILES folder, and the T-LEX folder. All other files and folders related to T-Lex were removed. However, when I removed the game I added via Game Manager before uninstalling T-Lex, then everything related to T-Lex was removed completely.

Thank you for making some your fantastic programs available again! I'm sure the folks who missed the first go-around of these programs appreciate it! I am sure your programs will help me learn new things!

California
                    United States
                    Member #173431
                    March 2, 2016
                    37 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2016, 1:33 am - IP Logged

I installed T-Lex (from the OLD-PROS.zip that RL uploaded) on my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machine using my admin account. No problems running T-Lex from my non-admin account; Windows 10 did not prompt me to run as admin or elevate privileges. No problems adding games or loading games in T-Lex.

I also unzipped the latest Master.zip file from winsumloosesum, moved it into the T-Lex folder, and confirmed the overwrite when prompted. I anticipated some permissions problems, since newer Windows versions tend to complain when non-admin accounts mess with the C drive, but there were no problems. I wasn't sure if I need to remove and then re-add my games to pick up the latest data from the Master folder, so I copied the updated data files for my two games from their Master subfolders into the GAMES folder, and T-Lex appears to have picked it up. So far, so good!

T-Lex installation issues aside, I'm really anxious to try out what adamcustom is doing with DMP-BG. Hopefully, we can discuss some more about that eventually.

Thanks RL, winsumloosesum, adamcustom, and everyone involved!

london
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #166661
                      June 1, 2015
                      130 Posts
                      Posted: September 25, 2016, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Hi RL

thanks read the link you sent. 

I removed everything again this morning so no longer have lexie on my computer digit master seems to be working fine so left digit master on. i have decided to take the laptop to PC world tomorrow Monday to get the tech guys to help me re -download t-lex. please guys don't remove any of the downloads till i can get this figured out, appreciate everyone assistance and i wont give up till i get this thing working and i look forward to learning and sharing ideas on how to win. very grateful to everyone that has been patient and kind to me. will continue to see what i can do today but if no joy tomorrow will seek help from experts.  hope everyone winning something from the program, i didn't play yesterdays game as i was trying to figure out lexie no point to play when you have no clue what numbers to play.

nurse101

london
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #166661
                        June 1, 2015
                        130 Posts
                        Posted: September 25, 2016, 5:24 am - IP Logged

OMG!!!!!

FINALLY managed to get the uk lotto on lexie. 

the problem was not lexie it was the setting on my computer, just in case anyone else wants to use it and has same problems here is a pic of what i ended up doing. first i just removed all the previous ones i had on my computer and used the old pro on page 3 on the thread. thanks to winsum and RL. i the reloaded lexie back on to my computer and once i went through the steps as per RLs videos when i got to the part were you select g to find my uk games instead of selecting the game i went into properties to then select security and there was the problem it wasnt ticked as full access. took some picture so here they are.

london
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #166661
                          June 1, 2015
                          130 Posts
                          Posted: September 25, 2016, 5:26 am - IP Logged

london
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #166661
                            June 1, 2015