Welcome Guest
You last visited November 30, 2021, 12:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is the lottery rigged?

125 replies. Last post 20 days ago by CosmicSin.

Page 3 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
Twenty$straight's avatar - Screenshot 20211027-010139-Gallery.jpg

United States
Member #211746
December 8, 2020
579 Posts

Never considered it more than coincidence.  Like looking at the clock. We can look at the clock a dozen times a day. But we only remember the times we see a meaningful number.

And there were people in NY who played 911 every year, on September 11, expecting it to hit. Some attributed that to some type of cosmic vibe/fluctuation resulting from the number of people thinking about 911 on that day.

On the other side the coin more numbers don't reflect the date than do. But we tend to forget the misses and zero in on the hits. 

G

I agree that would be 364 misses on 1 number.  Double for night  and day. I have seen info on drawings, why does the director decide what machine get used after test runs.  Maybe they want a certain number to hit to draw interest.   No one would play if they didn't hope for coincidence.  Will 925 hit today in a state?

Maybe it's pure coincidence.  I don't think it's totally  rigged.

United States
    Member #211746
    December 8, 2020
    579 Posts

I think what you saying is the right way to make the audience confident the game is not rigged. They should make the balls transparent plastic and not use vaccum but instead roll the balls randomly in a plastic sphere also all made of transparent plastic ( not metallic parts allowed) like glass and the drawing should be live in public with people watching.

Some States allow people to watch live drawings.  In Virginia, you must make a formal request via writing.

United States
      Member #211746
      December 8, 2020
      579 Posts
       8/9/2021; Day: 2,3,4,0; Fireball: 2; Night: 4,8,4,8; Fireball: 2 

8/9/2020; Day: 6,3,7,0; Night: 4,4,8,8 

Sorry wrong dates in previous  post
        grwurston's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        Same #'s, different games.
        Here
        United States
        Member #90247
        April 24, 2010
        10776 Posts

As an example, in my state's Pick 4, from 1984 thru today there have been 31 quads. From 1984-1999 there were 7 quads total. 2000-2021 had 24 quads. The only times they drew more than 1 in a year were 2000, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2017 when they had 2 quads each year. About every third or fourth year. But in 2021, from Jan 20 thru Sept 11 we've had 4.

In Pick 3 you expect to see about 16 doubles in a month on average, with a more or less even split. But when you have one month with 14 of them on the same drawing and 2 on the other...

Or you see the same series combo 4567, hit 4 times in 10 days all on the same drawing...

Does this mean it's rigged or just random? Sometimes when you see certain things, it makes you wonder... What? What?

The lottery is the same way. 

https://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis

grwurston's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          Same #'s, different games.
          Here
          United States
          Member #90247
          April 24, 2010
          10776 Posts

As an example, in my state's Pick 4, from 1984 thru today there have been 31 quads. From 1984-1999 there were 7 quads total. 2000-2021 had 24 quads. The only times they drew more than 1 in a year were 2000, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2017 when they had 2 quads each year. About every third or fourth year. But in 2021, from Jan 20 thru Sept 11 we've had 4.

In Pick 3 you expect to see about 16 doubles in a month on average, with a more or less even split. But when you have one month with 14 of them on the same drawing and 2 on the other...

Or you see the same series combo 4567, hit 4 times in 10 days all on the same drawing...

Does this mean it's rigged or just random? Sometimes when you see certain things, it makes you wonder... What? What?

Are the lottery machines rigged?

When you're watching the ball drawings, and the last ball isn't going up the chute, and all of a sudden you see a hand with a clicker in it come into camera range pointing at the machine...

There's your sign!!  I Agree!

The lottery is the same way. 

https://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis

austin, texas
            United States
            Member #217420
            September 8, 2021
            26 Posts

Are the lottery machines rigged?

When you're watching the ball drawings, and the last ball isn't going up the chute, and all of a sudden you see a hand with a clicker in it come into camera range pointing at the machine...

There's your sign!!  I Agree!

I heard people saying another way not to get scamm play your tickets at the last minutes before closing the game for that drawing. This will eventually provide more evidence if the system is rigged. What you actually do by doing this is you short their time to get everything set of balls ready if it's really rigged. You actually put them on stress til eventually they make mistakes and leave some kind of evidence on the scene. I think this work if y'all work together play you tickets at the last minutes before the game closes for that drawing. Never play where they don't allow you to play minutes before they close that game.

United States
              Member #180546
              March 12, 2017
              231 Posts

Does a bear sh1t in the woods?

PB and MM are definitely rigged to let players east of the Mississippi River to win.

I am the Prince of Thieves!!!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55887
                October 23, 2007
                12275 Posts

I heard people saying another way not to get scamm play your tickets at the last minutes before closing the game for that drawing. This will eventually provide more evidence if the system is rigged. What you actually do by doing this is you short their time to get everything set of balls ready if it's really rigged. You actually put them on stress til eventually they make mistakes and leave some kind of evidence on the scene. I think this work if y'all work together play you tickets at the last minutes before the game closes for that drawing. Never play where they don't allow you to play minutes before they close that game.

Don't believe everything you hear. Especially from conspiracy theorists.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
                  700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
                  United States
                  Member #200642
                  September 1, 2019
                  1819 Posts

Yeah, you heard right... well, since PB has a whole hour to rig the results.. you can bet , It'z rigged , cause they wanna git into the BiLlIoN zone, so nieve playerz will freakout.. spend loads of ca$h..that'z why WE ALL should write Our Senators & Congressional Reps to seriously voice your concerns of a Lottery requiring cutoff time of a whole damamn hr before its drawing..! FOR WHUT?..FOR WHUUTT?

THIS Industry is Crying hollerin for Nation-wide LOTTERY LAWS & REGULATIONS..cause we already see that you can't trust the Fox to guard the Hen House...

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    2564 Posts

There is no evidence to support the notion that buying your picks in the closing minutes has any affect. 
                    And the evidence available says otherwise.

There are numerous stories of winners who bought the winning ticket days in advance, on their way to work, or on their lunch break. Some just stopped to get gas, or a drink and snacks and bought a ticket on a whim. Some bought tickets on their way home.

But even if it theoretically sounds plausible, it presents more problems for players since they are the ones who are risking the possibility of standing in a long line that gets shut down before they can buy any ticket which was the case when the lottery first started in Texas. Towns with populations of 900-1000 and one terminal in town would sell $4500 to $6500 in lottery tickets between 5PM and 9:45PM when the terminal closed and turn people away.

There was a theory years ago that every lottery ticket sold in Texas had the winning numbers printed somewhere in the numbers printed at the bottom. People would buy a ticket and try to determine the winning numbers from those numbers then buy more tickets. There are threads about it here on LP. Eventually word got around that was only tracking numbers and had nothing to do with the numbers that would be drawn. 

So people have come up with all kinds of nonsense ideas trying to "fool" the lottery. But for the most part they only fool themselves into thinking they can fool the lottery.

Until you start hearing winners consistently say, "I wait to the last minute to buy my ticket because it gives me better odds," its a conspiracy theory with no proof, or flimsy proof at best.

G

The biggest improvement you'll ever make in the odds of winning is buying a lottery ticket. With just one ticket the odds go from IMPOSSIBLE to IMPROBABLE!

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32651
                      February 14, 2006
                      9324 Posts

All I can say is folks that believe the lottery is fixed shouldn't be playing.

I also believe that such folks really have no concept of the odds of jackpot games, especially MM and  PB. 

MM 1 in 302,575,350

PB 1 in 292,201,338

"They" don't have to rig anything. Those odds do it for them. 

Again. Look hard at those numbers. They are HUGE. 

Even the Lotto in my state of Texas has pretty long odds. 1 in 25,827,165. You're just not going to see very many winners with odds like that. 

"I also believe that such folks really have no concept of the odds of jackpot games, especially MM and  PB."

There are 100 possible front pair outcomes on pick-3 games, but $1 bet on the winning outcome pays $50. I'm pretty sure that 100 to 1 is about the best odds players can expect to get out of any lottery game and that ought to be enough to understand the payoffs are rigged against the players. 

So why would lotteries need to rig the outcome when their best highest payout is 50 cents on the dollar?

It's not my fault! I voted for Amy.

united states
                        United States
                        Member #212945
                        January 21, 2021
                        110 Posts

The lottery has been rigged before and chances are will be again.  It has nothing to do with odds...it's employees rigging it to win for themselves.

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1

United States
                          Member #202920
                          December 14, 2019
                          478 Posts

"MATH DOESN'T LIE"

Yeah, but it sure as hell confuses some people.

It's given some a purpose in life. Not necessarily a good purpose, nor necessarily informed by even the most  basic comprehension of math...

db101's avatar - RB55Ms1

United States
                            Member #202920
                            December 14, 2019
                            478 Posts

I believe so, but I think they may have magnetic ink on'em... or 1 set of balls one weight, and a 2nd set another...((lighter, heavier)

There has to be something nefarious goin on.. cause "MATH DOESN'T LIE"...

I Shut'em Dooown MM 9/3/21.. had a correct key# plus the correct Megaball,.. they got the Hell outta Dodge..

That SchmuckLucker in N.Y., got MY moneeeee, cause they were 🏃 from the MATH..!!

They figured they'd be safe in the middle of the Matrix from ME, but BAAAM, Ole boi had'em..

You shut down the lottery? I coulda sworn I saw the latest jackpot numbers glowing in the convenience store window this morning.

Stat$talker's avatar - animated sphere.gif
                              700 light yrs West of Milky Way Galaxy's Center
                              United States
                              Member #200642
                              September 1, 2019
                              1819 Posts

There is no evidence to support the notion that buying your picks in the closing minutes has any affect. 
                              And the evidence available says otherwise.

There are numerous stories of winners who bought the winning ticket days in advance, on their way to work, or on their lunch break. Some just stopped to get gas, or a drink and snacks and bought a ticket on a whim. Some bought tickets on their way home.

But even if it theoretically sounds plausible, it presents more problems for players since they are the ones who are risking the possibility of standing in a long line that gets shut down before they can buy any ticket which was the case when the lottery first started in Texas. Towns with populations of 900-1000 and one terminal in town would sell $4500 to $6500 in lottery tickets between 5PM and 9:45PM when the terminal closed and turn people away.

There was a theory years ago that every lottery ticket sold in Texas had the winning numbers printed somewhere in the numbers printed at the bottom. People would buy a ticket and try to determine the winning numbers from those numbers then buy more tickets. There are threads about it here on LP. Eventually word got around that was only tracking numbers and had nothing to do with the numbers that would be drawn. 

So people have come up with all kinds of nonsense ideas trying to "fool" the lottery. But for the most part they only fool themselves into thinking they can fool the lottery.

Until you start hearing winners consistently say, "I wait to the last minute to buy my ticket because it gives me better odds," its a conspiracy theory with no proof, or flimsy proof at best.

G

"There is no evidence to support the notion that buying your picks in the closing minutes has any affect. 
                              And the evidence available says otherwise."

Once there was "No Evidence" of a Black hole in Space that Einstein wrote about in Theory on paper.. but the Math said there was such a thing..!! Wink

I've conducted experiments where I'd play earlier in the day, wouldn't even git 1 number, for their Mainframe had too much time to analyze my plays..but when I'd surprise'em, like I did MM 9/3/21, It Shut'em doown.. Cheers.. THAT'Z all the proof I need..Thumbs Up

Hell, Probability Math will even reveal how many timez you will probably take a dUnK every month, as the only reason it hazn't?, iz that I DONT CARE TO KEEP TRACK LOL..for I don't care for No No any $h_ _ty jobz ..Green laugh

Your statement abounds nothing more than 21st Century arrogant Neanderthal mentality.. as in "If I've never seen it , it doesn't exist"..!! LOL ..the same reason why the Sphinks" in Egypt, Africa nose was blown off by arrogant a$$ Napoleon, lashing out in Eek dimwitted denial, that such Great Monuments could've been built by people other than warmongering Europeans..!!

You're behind YOUR times garyo1354, as YOU would've made a GrEaT PoPe in the Roman Catholic Church in the 14th Century..for you're an EXCELLENT Persecutor of the TRUTH..!!

POPE GARYO the1354 Conehead

-Stat$talker 

...MATH... The final Stochastic frontier...

These are the Lottery Voyages of Stat$talker..!!

The ongoing Mission,..to seek out the Laws of "Probability Math"...

to master its rules to invoke...to Conquer ALL Major Jackpots..!!

...To boldly go,... Where NO Player has gone before...!!