Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Sets A New Record

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Jake649.

Page 3 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #16612
June 2, 2005
3493 Posts
Posted: August 27, 2005, 11:31 am - IP Logged

JAKE, yesterday the MM jackpot was 97 million. Tuesday's MM jackpot is 111 million. Do you think it's a record?

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
    Member #2673
    November 2, 2003
    497 Posts
    Posted: August 27, 2005, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Mega Millions has been setting new records. I will post the records next week.

Good luck,
    Jake

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
      United States
      Member #19651
      August 3, 2005
      621 Posts
      Posted: August 27, 2005, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

did mm only jump 14 due to low sales or are they low setting up for some mid week rolls or its always lower for tuesday

Canada
        Member #2673
        November 2, 2003
        497 Posts
        Posted: August 29, 2005, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions set a number of new roll records since my last report.

Mega Millions set a new 7 roll record for the Aug 19 draw at $72 million. The previous record was $66 million. The 7 roll record for Powerball is $65.6 million.

Mega Millions set a new 8 roll record for the Aug 23 draw at $84 million. The previous record was $75 million. The 8 roll record for Powerball is $75.8 million.

Mega Millions set a new 9 roll record for the Aug 26 draw at $97 million. The previous record was $90 million. The 9 roll record for Powerball is $86.3 million.

Mega Millions set a new 10 roll record for the Aug 30 draw at $111 million. The previous record was $109 million. The 10 roll record for Powerball is $101.8 million.

Good luck,
        Jake

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
          United States
          Member #19651
          August 3, 2005
          621 Posts
          Posted: August 29, 2005, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

YOUR RIGHT BUT WITH 20-30%MORE PLAYERS CA-TX  IT IS NOW 4 million cff

Canada
            Member #2673
            November 2, 2003
            497 Posts
            Posted: August 31, 2005, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions set a new 11 roll record for the Sept 2 draw at $131 million. The previous record was $122 million. The 11 roll record for Powerball is $116.1 million.

In comparison, The Big Game lottery had an 11 roll record of $54 million.

Good luck,
            Jake

Greenwich, CT
              United States
              Member #4793
              May 24, 2004
              1822 Posts
              Posted: August 31, 2005, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Great comparison with The Big Game, Jake.

Canada
                Member #2673
                November 2, 2003
                497 Posts
                Posted: September 3, 2005, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions tied the 12 roll record for the Sept 6 draw at $150 million. The 12 roll record for Powerball is $135 million.

Good luck,
                Jake

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                  United States
                  Member #19651
                  August 3, 2005
                  621 Posts
                  Posted: September 5, 2005, 1:36 am - IP Logged

i think the next roll could be weak but look for the 50-100 soon  i would love to see your outlook on the next 5 roll overs they will happen

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                    Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #416
                    June 23, 2002
                    1614 Posts
                    Posted: September 5, 2005, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

The next jackpot should be almost $200 million.  If it is anything in the 170's or 180's I will be very disappointed.  I thought adding the most populous state would help us out.  It really doesn't seem like it has.  (But I guess it is ok, there is more chances or rollovers then.  Just wish they would happen faster...haha)

Brad

Canada
                      Member #2673
                      November 2, 2003
                      497 Posts
                      Posted: September 7, 2005, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions did not set a new 13 roll record for the Sept 9 draw at $172 million. The Mega Millions record is $177 million. The 13 roll record for Powerball is $151.7 million.

I do not normally report when Mega Millions does not set a record but I thought it was interesting given the number of records that have been set on this run of rollovers. The buying patterns have changed. There is a larger base of ticket buyers for the lower jackpot levels but when the jackpot gets large, the number of new players that buy tickets appear to be lower than in the past. This phenomenon is what the lottery companies call "jackpot fatigue".

The 14 roll record for Mega Millions is $239 million. I doubt that this record will be broken for the Sept 13 draw.

Good luck,
                      Jake

Morrison, IL
                        United States
                        Member #4657
                        May 13, 2004
                        1884 Posts
                        Posted: September 7, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Yep the MM jackpot has got this high so many times players want it to go even higher before they buy more tickets.  MM is becoming a victim of its own success.

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #21206
                          September 4, 2005
                          949 Posts
                          Posted: September 7, 2005, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Mega Millions did not set a new 13 roll record for the Sept 9 draw at $172 million. The Mega Millions record is $177 million. The 13 roll record for Powerball is $151.7 million.

I do not normally report when Mega Millions does not set a record but I thought it was interesting given the number of records that have been set on this run of rollovers. The buying patterns have changed. There is a larger base of ticket buyers for the lower jackpot levels but when the jackpot gets large, the number of new players that buy tickets appear to be lower than in the past. This phenomenon is what the lottery companies call "jackpot fatigue".

The 14 roll record for Mega Millions is $239 million. I doubt that this record will be broken for the Sept 13 draw.

Good luck,
                          Jake

The last $170 jackpot generated about  $49.4M in sales.  If this one tracks that (and maybe it won't) and there is a rollover, the next jackpot should be about $220M, I'd guess.  I'm sure it will take jackpots over $300M to generate lotto fever.

Canada
                            Member #2673
                            November 2, 2003
                            497 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2005, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions did not set a new 15 roll record for the Sept 16 draw at $250 million. The Mega Millions record is $294 million. The 15 roll record for Powerball is $221.5 million.

Ths draw did tie the Mega Millions record for the most number of rolls at 15. Both Powerball and The Big Game have rolled a record 19 times.

Good luck,
                            Jake

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #21206
                              September 4, 2005
                              949 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2005, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Mega Millions did not set a new 15 roll record for the Sept 16 draw at $250 million. The Mega Millions record is $294 million. The 15 roll record for Powerball is $221.5 million.

Ths draw did tie the Mega Millions record for the most number of rolls at 15. Both Powerball and The Big Game have rolled a record 19 times.

Good luck,
                              Jake

I believe that the $294 figure was not the originally predicted jackpot, but instead represents the figure to which the jackpot rose by the end of sales.

At this point I'm not sure if the Megamillions people really anticipate how many tickets they will actually sell.

If they sell more than they think, they may be bumping the jackpot up.