Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:29 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if someone interferes ??

Topic closed. 180 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 4 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4575 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Jorli- Let me know when you would like to speak as two respecting adults capable of sharing differences of opinions and I'll gladly do so. As it stands I simply do not comprehend the level of disregard shown by the posts...

My father passed away five years ago. So Im glad you have your Father around to share his wisedom.

-My opinion and interpretation are what they are....Peace -

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Tntea- Correct , my father was a teacher. Correct, the post was meant for JorliD. Correct that most of peoples actions and sometimes comments dont make sense. And since Chewies response equalled the non-sensical question posed- I think Chewie answered in the same manner :) So my fathers wisedom was simply validated in a rather odd way. Thanks for asking in a polite manner ,its appreciated.(sincerely)-Thegamegirl

Your father would approve of you talking down to a person, who you think is asking a stupid question?

His parenting/teaching skills are on the opposite side of the spectrum than mine. I would never allow my children (biological/or students) talk down to someone is such a manner.

I have people of all intelligence ask me stupid questions.

Many times when I answer the phone, someone may ask.. "Are you at home?" I could come across with something stupid.. but I don't..

Many times I answer the phone at work to have people ask..."Are you guys open today?"  I could come across harsh but I don't.

Sometimes the question is worded wrong that makes is sound stupid.. but in reality, it isn't.  From common sense, I know that they were calling to see if I was home... or if the store was opened.. but the question came out before a state of.. "Seeing if you were home"  "Just checking to see if you were opened".

As for Chewie's response equalled the question asked, I will have to disagree there.  There wasn't anything wrong with the way rundown99 asked. 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31537 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

good god!!!!             

enough

love to nibble those micey feet.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #2448
        October 4, 2003
        26090 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Jorli- Let me know when you would like to speak as two respecting adults capable of sharing differences of opinions and I'll gladly do so. As it stands I simply do not comprehend the level of disregard shown by the posts...

My father passed away five years ago. So Im glad you have your Father around to share his wisedom.

GameGrl, you're full of yourself.  You came into this own your own and had your say.  I don't care to inform you of anything I do, I just responded to you in response to your response to me.  If it's too much for you to take, too bad.  You put your father in this discussion, not me.  Don't try and play wounded when things get too tough for you to handle.

You continue to contradict yourself with all this free speech and opinion, yet you stil fail to respect the opinions I have.  You're confused....I suggest you try to comprehend what you're saying instead of getting into deep then wanting to play wounded. 

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8393 Posts
          Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute !!!!

I asked that question out of paranoia, because of horror stories of lottery winners, and I always worried that when that kind of money is involved, someone (especially relatives from my father's side of the family) will try ANYTHING for money.  I am paranoid.  I check my lights and my sink faucets in my apartment repeatedly to make sure that everything is off, and I constantly check my car to make sure that the lights are off and the doors are locked, but I had to ask because I was paranoid about the possibilities of bad luck ..... I asked , " What if someone interfered" because even if YOU claim the prize, you never know what could happen due to human error and human nature.  That one woman who won it in Ohio earlier this year had to claim the prize sooner and prove to the public that she was the winner out of anger despite the anonymity option in Ohio, because SOMEONE ELSE pretended to be the owner of the ticket that was supposedly lost.  Someone from NH who won a share of the $298 million Powerball jackpot in August 2001 (Delaware, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Minnesota) had to PROVE that her winning ticket was not for a group of players who were about to sue her for that money.  William Bud Post won $16 million in the Super 7 lotto in Pennsylvania in 1988, and his ex-girlfriend (NOT WIFE, NOT EVEN RELATED TO HIM) successfully sued HIM for 1/3 of that annuity prize, because it was considered that since they play bingo together that they were gambling partners.  What also led to the judge's decision in that lawsuit was that William Bud Post promised to marry her and later turned her down.  The point is that there is NO SUCH THING AS A SURE THING when it comes to that kind of money and the type of people who WANT money in this world.  Human nature is human nature.  Don't tell me that my question was immature.  I read horror stories of lottery winners for years, and if those people got screwed after claiming the prize in public, don't tell me that a greedy relative won't try something.  If I ever win it, I am getting a DAMN GOOD tax attorney !!!!  CASE CLOSED !!!!

Hey man talk to your doctor about this double checking yourself and stuff like that. At one of my jobs I was asked to lock the doors at night when we were done our shift. So I would gather everybody around the time clock. Run around and lock all the doors and rooms check/check again and then punch out. One day upon arriving to work someone said why did I leave the back door unlocked. knowing for sure that I checked this door at least 2 times I figured something had to be awry. Maybe on of my coworkers ran to the back of the shop and unlocked the door while I was on the other end of the shop. Who knows.

I never had any problems like this so from that point on I waited until everyone left then went around and locked the place. It so disturbed me about the incident that I started double checking everything I was doing like you I started checking light doors faucets and all kinds of stuff. It continued to disturbed me because people were asking me why I was always second guessing stuff. I went to the doctors seems I had developed a mild case of paranoia myself and it was getting worse. He gave me some meds and it went away.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

good god!!!!             

enough

I Agree!                (I dont know why it even amazes me)

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4054 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Twitch!

takeemtothebank

Sparta, NJ
                United States
                Member #18331
                July 9, 2005
                1977 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I stick with my original statements.  I did stoop down, the question was phrased poorly and still makes zero sense, even after five pages of retoric.   If some one expects  money from the lottery, before the actual award, then they are living in a dream world; or on drugs.   No one owes you a damn thing; not in the real world.  Simple, no confusion there folks.  As far as worrying about some one else convincing a Lottery Directory you are not the winner?  Again childish.  You are either a winner, or you are not a winner.  SIMPLE!  You have a valid ticket or you do not have a valid ticket.  SIMPLE!  The original post did not discuss lawsuits.  However, if it had, the answer is still the same. The courts can make decisions based on FACTS, but, in the end, you are either a winner or you are the loser.  SIMPLE!  Kinda, maybe, wannabe, does not apply. SIMPLE!

Think with your head, the one on top of your shoulders, not your emotions.  Why do the "compassionate" of this world think that every one has to be nicey nice?  You want touchy touchy feely goody goody, go see your preacher.  I'm not in that business.  If you have tender, easily hurt feelings, that means zilch to me.  Always has, always will.  Amazing as it may sound, none of you are on my holiday card list.  Never were, never will be.

For those of you waiting for an apology, go on with your lifes.  I have no problem speaking my mind, even if some think it rude or insulting.  Life is a bitch, and then you die.  Get used to it!  As a great man once said, you can't please all the people all the time, so why bother!  Oh, yes I sleep very comfortably at night, thanks for asking.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                  Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #2448
                  October 4, 2003
                  26090 Posts
                  Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Who are you supposed to be?  This is not your forum and it is not your place to ridicule and dictate what questions someone can ask.

You are a selfish, self-centered and narrowminded pathetic person.  It's clear from a majority of your postings that you are just a mean person.  You read a post then you insult the poster. Is that maturity in your little world?  Or is everyone you know ignorant? Civilization is a great place to dwell.  Most can do it and accept the flaws of others.  You should try it. Otherwise, remain under that rock you crawl out from under to spew your venom on others.  By the way, are you and GameGrl one in the same person?  It seems she responds to all of your post as if she is a groupie and I can never catch both of you online at the same time.  By the way life doesn't always have to be a bitch..but you all find a few of them in your midst.  As for you sleeping well at night I bet you do, and all by your lonesome.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

What is even more "immature" and "unadult like," is trying to come off as a pompous, egotistical, condescending know it all. Usually these types do not even follow their own advice, and just spew off at the mouth to hear themselves talk. I am not interested in everyone's opinion, I'm interested in qualified and quality opinions, and ones that can be relayed in a constructive and positive manner for the most part.

That is the problem with most forums, they are not about learning or changing anyone's mind, but about finding continuing support for one's own already entrenched thinking. Also equally immature, and unadult like is assuming that just because a person asked a question, they must have immediately adopted the mentality of the question, or it must be how they feel as opposed to simply hearing about the subject elsewhere. You would think that someone older, and "wise beyond their years" would not jump to such falsified conclusions so quickly without first "doing their research."

But for some people putting down others is a good way to raise themselves to a higher plateau, even if it is only in "their own mind." It also helps mask all their infinite insecurities in themselves, but to the educated they are merely exposing them on a daily basis...

United States
                      Member #23787
                      October 16, 2005
                      68 Posts
                      Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Comedian, Joker & loser who got popularity by saying jokes and now showing true colors of dirty old man.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: November 22, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Are drugs legal in your state?

NO,  why would you ask?

Because your post is so far from left field; its hard to imagine any one would ask such a question. 

1. The holder of the ticket determines the disbursement, not some bogus person from left field.   A rare - RARE - exception would be a court case, not some imaginary person.  Try reading some lottery rules and regulations; get carried away and search some state statutes.

2. You get no advance money from the lottery, your state is neither a bank nor a charity.  Perhaps you have the lottery confused with welfare payments.

Having a bad day Chewie?

He was just asking a question. Remember that saying, "There are no wrong questions, only wrong answers." or something like that. I am sure he was just being curious. No harm in that.

Chewie is just being his usual entertaining, no punches pulled, tell it like it is, spit in your eye self.

What would we ever do without his insulting posts to make us laugh?

Evil Looking

Yeah I suppose it is funniest when it is at another's expense, and not yours.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                          Member #14
                          November 9, 2001
                          31537 Posts
                          Posted: November 22, 2005, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute !!!!

I asked that question out of paranoia, because of horror stories of lottery winners, and I always worried that when that kind of money is involved, someone (especially relatives from my father's side of the family) will try ANYTHING for money.  I am paranoid.  I check my lights and my sink faucets in my apartment repeatedly to make sure that everything is off, and I constantly check my car to make sure that the lights are off and the doors are locked, but I had to ask because I was paranoid about the possibilities of bad luck ..... I asked , " What if someone interfered" because even if YOU claim the prize, you never know what could happen due to human error and human nature.  That one woman who won it in Ohio earlier this year had to claim the prize sooner and prove to the public that she was the winner out of anger despite the anonymity option in Ohio, because SOMEONE ELSE pretended to be the owner of the ticket that was supposedly lost.  Someone from NH who won a share of the $298 million Powerball jackpot in August 2001 (Delaware, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Minnesota) had to PROVE that her winning ticket was not for a group of players who were about to sue her for that money.  William Bud Post won $16 million in the Super 7 lotto in Pennsylvania in 1988, and his ex-girlfriend (NOT WIFE, NOT EVEN RELATED TO HIM) successfully sued HIM for 1/3 of that annuity prize, because it was considered that since they play bingo together that they were gambling partners.  What also led to the judge's decision in that lawsuit was that William Bud Post promised to marry her and later turned her down.  The point is that there is NO SUCH THING AS A SURE THING when it comes to that kind of money and the type of people who WANT money in this world.  Human nature is human nature.  Don't tell me that my question was immature.  I read horror stories of lottery winners for years, and if those people got screwed after claiming the prize in public, don't tell me that a greedy relative won't try something.  If I ever win it, I am getting a DAMN GOOD tax attorney !!!!  CASE CLOSED !!!!

Hey man talk to your doctor about this double checking yourself and stuff like that. At one of my jobs I was asked to lock the doors at night when we were done our shift. So I would gather everybody around the time clock. Run around and lock all the doors and rooms check/check again and then punch out. One day upon arriving to work someone said why did I leave the back door unlocked. knowing for sure that I checked this door at least 2 times I figured something had to be awry. Maybe on of my coworkers ran to the back of the shop and unlocked the door while I was on the other end of the shop. Who knows.

I never had any problems like this so from that point on I waited until everyone left then went around and locked the place. It so disturbed me about the incident that I started double checking everything I was doing like you I started checking light doors faucets and all kinds of stuff. It continued to disturbed me because people were asking me why I was always second guessing stuff. I went to the doctors seems I had developed a mild case of paranoia myself and it was getting worse. He gave me some meds and it went away.

www.bbc.com has an interesting article on obsessive-compulsive behavior.

love to nibble those micey feet.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                            A long and winding road
                            United States
                            Member #17084
                            June 10, 2005
                            4575 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:15 am - IP Logged

GameGrl, you're full of yourself.  You came into this own your own and had your say.  I don't care to inform you of anything I do, I just responded to you in response to your response to me.  If it's too much for you to take, too bad.  You put your father in this discussion, not me.  Don't try and play wounded when things get too tough for you to handle.

You continue to contradict yourself with all this free speech and opinion, yet you stil fail to respect the opinions I have.  You're confused....I suggest you try to comprehend what you're saying instead of getting into deep then wanting to play wounded. 

I seriously advise you to go back and RE-READ all my responses directed to you.

I did read the rest of your postings. Thanks for the suggestion . I'll think about it.  In the meantime, get some sleep so you can get on the short bus in the morning. :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                              Magnolia, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #18795
                              July 20, 2005
                              789 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Excuse me Barista, but Bank of America’s system was hacked midsummer, and I along with millions of their customers were informed via mail of the incident. Nothing is impossible and you can spin it anyway you want. So while I choose to believe what you think is impossible is possible, I’ll consider the feat as admirable. OK, Jorli D point taken! But I said the United States Banking System! That means the Untied States Treasury System, since they control the whole Banking system and all transactions that take place within said system! The Treasury tracks each and every transaction that happens between banks! FYI, Bank to Bank transactions is what that means! One banks system (B of A) being hacked into doesn't mean they had access to the "Banking system". Yes, they had access to B of A's system, but no one else's!

I don't know why the lottery and the US Banking systems would be so safe when the government websites are hacked so many time each day??? I also don't know why AOL is advertising that no one will get hacked or suffer from identity theft. That is a big claim that so far NO ONE has ever been able to stop. There are people who believe their whole purpose in life is to hack sites and create viruses. Well for one a website is one thing and the banking system is a horse of a different color all together! A website is usually hosted by someone else and not by the company that has it's name on said website! Yes, companies do host their own sites, but most have a hosting company to do it for them, because of the cost involved in maintaining said site! Our Government does the same thing, they have someone else host most of their sites! And if those companies that do the hosting don't have the experienced security people to protect said websites, then it would be best for them to find one that does! Most of the time, it's best to spend the dime to save a dollar than it is to spend the dollar to save a dime! And that's exactly what our government does, they spend the dollar to save a dime! This identity theft thing is from people being duped into giving their important information up freely! They get an e-mail from a con that's phishing and they answer it by going to the phony website and handing their info over to them! And those same people don't bother having the simplest of virus protection and or a firewall on their computer to protect them from a Trojan horse virus! And if they do have virus protection (of any kind) they don't bother keeping it updated like they should!

Thank you KyMystikal. What I’ve learned about Barista Express is he/she thinks if they phrase their comments to sound as if they know for fact the answers, then they think they have convinced everyone of their BS. Some people on LP do have brains and can think freely. Apparently Barista is hoping against that. I'll be I've been found out ! NOT! The only BS around here is "You" Jorli D! Like I told someone else here on LP just a few days ago. I have learned something very important in life from my parents! I was taught, someone who sticks their nose in someone else's business is a FOOL! And a person who does it when asked to do it, is even a "BIGGER FOOL"! So Jorli D, by your BS of sticking your nose in where it didn't belong, convinces me and everyone else here on LP, you're a "FOOL"! ROFL 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Page 4 of 13