Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 11:43 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if someone interferes ??

Topic closed. 180 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 5 of 13
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #23383
October 11, 2005
485 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:26 am - IP Logged

WOW..this thread is totally outta control...someone needs to stop this maddness....

United States
    Member #23787
    October 16, 2005
    68 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Excuse me Barista, but Bank of America’s system was hacked midsummer, and I along with millions of their customers were informed via mail of the incident. Nothing is impossible and you can spin it anyway you want. So while I choose to believe what you think is impossible is possible, I’ll consider the feat as admirable. OK, Jorli D point taken! But I said the United States Banking System! That means the Untied States Treasury System, since they control the whole Banking system and all transactions that take place within said system! The Treasury tracks each and every transaction that happens between banks! FYI, Bank to Bank transactions is what that means! One banks system (B of A) being hacked into doesn't mean they had access to the "Banking system". Yes, they had access to B of A's system, but no one else's!

I don't know why the lottery and the US Banking systems would be so safe when the government websites are hacked so many time each day??? I also don't know why AOL is advertising that no one will get hacked or suffer from identity theft. That is a big claim that so far NO ONE has ever been able to stop. There are people who believe their whole purpose in life is to hack sites and create viruses. Well for one a website is one thing and the banking system is a horse of a different color all together! A website is usually hosted by someone else and not by the company that has it's name on said website! Yes, companies do host their own sites, but most have a hosting company to do it for them, because of the cost involved in maintaining said site! Our Government does the same thing, they have someone else host most of their sites! And if those companies that do the hosting don't have the experienced security people to protect said websites, then it would be best for them to find one that does! Most of the time, it's best to spend the dime to save a dollar than it is to spend the dollar to save a dime! And that's exactly what our government does, they spend the dollar to save a dime! This identity theft thing is from people being duped into giving their important information up freely! They get an e-mail from a con that's phishing and they answer it by going to the phony website and handing their info over to them! And those same people don't bother having the simplest of virus protection and or a firewall on their computer to protect them from a Trojan horse virus! And if they do have virus protection (of any kind) they don't bother keeping it updated like they should!

Thank you KyMystikal. What I’ve learned about Barista Express is he/she thinks if they phrase their comments to sound as if they know for fact the answers, then they think they have convinced everyone of their BS. Some people on LP do have brains and can think freely. Apparently Barista is hoping against that. I'll be I've been found out ! NOT! The only BS around here is "You" Jorli D! Like I told someone else here on LP just a few days ago. I have learned something very important in life from my parents! I was taught, someone who sticks their nose in someone else's business is a FOOL! And a person who does it when asked to do it, is even a "BIGGER FOOL"! So Jorli D, by your BS of sticking your nose in where it didn't belong, convinces me and everyone else here on LP, you're a "FOOL"! ROFL 

Did you appoint yourself spokesperson of this forum who will speak on behalf on others? Only idiots do that and you are one of them. Speak for yourself loser.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #2448
      October 4, 2003
      26125 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Jorli- Let me know when you would like to speak as two respecting adults capable of sharing differences of opinions and I'll gladly do so. As it stands I simply do not comprehend the level of disregard shown by the posts...

My father passed away five years ago. So Im glad you have your Father around to share his wisedom.

-My opinion and interpretation are what they are....Peace -

GameGrl, you're full of yourself.  You came into this own your own and had your say.  I don't care to inform you of anything I do, I just responded to you in response to your response to me.  If it's too much for you to take, too bad.  You put your father in this discussion, not me.  Don't try and play wounded when things get too tough for you to handle.

You continue to contradict yourself with all this free speech and opinion, yet you stil fail to respect the opinions I have.  You're confused....I suggest you try to comprehend what you're saying instead of getting into deep then wanting to play wounded. 

I seriously advise you to go back and RE-READ all my responses directed to you.

I did read the rest of your postings. Thanks for the suggestion . I'll think about it.  In the meantime, get some sleep so you can get on the short bus in the morning. :)

Rundown asked a question in this forum.  There is no rule as far as I know that says a question has to be to the liking of Chewie.  Chewie has a majority of posts that do not answer questions but degrade and insult the posters.  That is a clear sign of a person who isn't wrapped too tight.  Insulting Rundown instead of ignoring his post was rude and wrong.  Then you come along like the good lap dog you are, and root Chewie on with a scoring and then you insult Rundown for asking the question.

You go on and on about free speech and having a say, but you don't give that same consideration to others.  Free speech need not be abused.  Insulting someone and saying their questions are stupid is speech, but it's also ignorance. She asked him if he was on drugs then implied his question was out in left field.  How rude and immature!  We won't all agree on everything, but egging Chewie on lowered you to a level consistent to Chewie's level of ignorance.  No need to think about anything I've said, it would require a brain, and at this point, you just prefer cheering Chewie on instead of realizing you and Chewie insulted someone needlessly. 

As for your short bus comment...I suppose you can't comprehend the people who usually ride that kind of bus are not fortunate enough to defend themselves against your ignorance towards their handicap.  I don't know who taught you anything in life..but they're likely ashamed of you.

Michigan
        United States
        Member #2448
        October 4, 2003
        26125 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Excuse me Barista, but Bank of America’s system was hacked midsummer, and I along with millions of their customers were informed via mail of the incident. Nothing is impossible and you can spin it anyway you want. So while I choose to believe what you think is impossible is possible, I’ll consider the feat as admirable. OK, Jorli D point taken! But I said the United States Banking System! That means the Untied States Treasury System, since they control the whole Banking system and all transactions that take place within said system! The Treasury tracks each and every transaction that happens between banks! FYI, Bank to Bank transactions is what that means! One banks system (B of A) being hacked into doesn't mean they had access to the "Banking system". Yes, they had access to B of A's system, but no one else's!

I don't know why the lottery and the US Banking systems would be so safe when the government websites are hacked so many time each day??? I also don't know why AOL is advertising that no one will get hacked or suffer from identity theft. That is a big claim that so far NO ONE has ever been able to stop. There are people who believe their whole purpose in life is to hack sites and create viruses. Well for one a website is one thing and the banking system is a horse of a different color all together! A website is usually hosted by someone else and not by the company that has it's name on said website! Yes, companies do host their own sites, but most have a hosting company to do it for them, because of the cost involved in maintaining said site! Our Government does the same thing, they have someone else host most of their sites! And if those companies that do the hosting don't have the experienced security people to protect said websites, then it would be best for them to find one that does! Most of the time, it's best to spend the dime to save a dollar than it is to spend the dollar to save a dime! And that's exactly what our government does, they spend the dollar to save a dime! This identity theft thing is from people being duped into giving their important information up freely! They get an e-mail from a con that's phishing and they answer it by going to the phony website and handing their info over to them! And those same people don't bother having the simplest of virus protection and or a firewall on their computer to protect them from a Trojan horse virus! And if they do have virus protection (of any kind) they don't bother keeping it updated like they should!

Thank you KyMystikal. What I’ve learned about Barista Express is he/she thinks if they phrase their comments to sound as if they know for fact the answers, then they think they have convinced everyone of their BS. Some people on LP do have brains and can think freely. Apparently Barista is hoping against that. I'll be I've been found out ! NOT! The only BS around here is "You" Jorli D! Like I told someone else here on LP just a few days ago. I have learned something very important in life from my parents! I was taught, someone who sticks their nose in someone else's business is a FOOL! And a person who does it when asked to do it, is even a "BIGGER FOOL"! So Jorli D, by your BS of sticking your nose in where it didn't belong, convinces me and everyone else here on LP, you're a "FOOL"! ROFL 

Did you appoint yourself spokesperson of this forum who will speak on behalf on others? Only idiots do that and you are one of them. Speak for yourself loser.

This is a forum Barista.  As for sticking my nose in, I think not.  Maybe in your self imposed genius mind you can figure out that a forum is for debate.  I think what really has you riled is that I called you on your own BS.  You talk a good game.  But you don't play it well.  Try selling used cars.  The only fool here is people like you who consider people having an opinion as butting in.  So apparently, you're a fool too, because you made yourself a part of this debate.  Now slap yourself sillier.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
          Magnolia, Delaware
          United States
          Member #18795
          July 20, 2005
          789 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2005, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Did you appoint yourself spokesperson of this forum who will speak on behalf on others? Only idiots do that and you are one of them. Speak for yourself loser. OK rlevins, I'll claim the idiot spot for this mistake. I shouldn't have spoken for anyone else, other than for myself! But for you to call me a loser is your opinion and I respect that! But don't think for one minute I won't be ready and able to jump dead in your face and call you the Loser when you make a mistake! Just Remember That!

Oh and don't tell me that you haven't ever spoke for anyone else (in a general sense kind of way) before. Because if you do, That would make you "A Loser and A Liar! Now remember it's your own words that I'm using, I just added Liar to it, because I think just about everyone at some point in their life has spoke for someone else and that's a fact rlevins!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
            Magnolia, Delaware
            United States
            Member #18795
            July 20, 2005
            789 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Jorli D, I think you have it wrong here! I only defended myself from the likes of you, nothing more or less! You're the one who did all the jumping all over chewie and gamegrl! You're the one here who opened your mouth and jumped on others here for their comments about the original poster who started this thread in the first place!

You are the one who slamed me for my statement about the banking system! You are the one who said I'm full of BS! So if you look at everything above I responded too, it only pertained to me and no one else! So you are the "FOOL"! Good try though in trying to turn it around on someone other than yourself!  Good Try FOOL (in a foolish kind of way)! 

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Michigan
              United States
              Member #2448
              October 4, 2003
              26125 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:22 am - IP Logged

Jorli D, I think you have it wrong here! I only defended myself from the likes of you, nothing more or less! You're the one who did all the jumping all over chewie and gamegrl! You're the one here who opened your mouth and jumped on others here for their comments about the original poster who started this thread in the first place!

You are the one who slamed me for my statement about the banking system! You are the one who said I'm full of BS! So if you look at everything above I responded too, it only pertained to me and no one else! So you are the "FOOL"! Good try though in trying to turn it around on someone other than yourself!  Good Try FOOL (in a foolish kind of way)! 

Talk to the wind.  You're a troublemaker and you don't comprehend logic at all.  I'm done talking to you.  You'll never get it. If I'm a fool in your opnion, so be it, but I know this thread was abused by Chewie with his/her insults toward the original poster.  You and GameGrl, are cheering on Chewie's ignorance and that says alot about you and her. 

The bottom line is this is a forum.  People ask questions and no matter who thinks a question is of merit or not, they have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO INSULT SOMEONE! If you still don't get it, you never will, and  I can bet you don't get it often

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                A long and winding road
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                4580 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:24 am - IP Logged

Ahh think about it this way....Nobody likes to be in a car accident yet everyone does slow down to see the wreckage and aftermath. Its human nature. Otherwise for the most part, its rather comical to read some of the rantings.

barista made some factual data that isnt even open to dispute. Good research on that!

Tntea- My post to you was sincere. Again, a difference in interpreting text and adding your own*inflection* /*tone without so much as reading it at face value. I'll agree that we each have the choice in how we respond when asked a question. You have your style, and chewie has his. To each their own. Your style works for you ..and vice versa.

JorliD: I personally think you jump to conclusions far to quickly without enough solid evidence/facts. You’re quick to judge. Absorbing and processing information doesn’t seem to be your strong point. Barista called you out good luck making any recovery from that . And I'm not even a fan of Baristas! But I do admire a person who battles with brains and wit!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #2448
                  October 4, 2003
                  26125 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:31 am - IP Logged

Ahh think about it this way....Nobody likes to be in a car accident yet everyone does slow down to see the wreckage and aftermath. Its human nature. Otherwise for the most part, its rather comical to read some of the rantings.

barista made some factual data that isnt even open to dispute. Good research on that!

Tntea- My post to you was sincere. Again, a difference in interpreting text and adding your own*inflection* /*tone without so much as reading it at face value. I'll agree that we each have the choice in how we respond when asked a question. You have your style, and chewie has his. To each their own. Your style works for you ..and vice versa.

JorliD: I personally think you jump to conclusions far to quickly without enough solid evidence/facts. You’re quick to judge. Absorbing and processing information doesn’t seem to be your strong point. Barista called you out good luck making any recovery from that . And I'm not even a fan of Baristas! But I do admire a person who battles with brains and wit!

GameGrl, you have a good screenname.  You appear to be a childish person who lacks logic.  If you feel rooting Chewie on was justified then your ignorance is obvious.  If you feel Barista called me out and if believe whatever comes fro his mouth is truth, then you are indeed naive and have a lot of growing up to do.  Now you're cheering Barista on with his insults towards me.  I didn't jump to conclusions at all. I read for myself as can everyone else on LP, the insults Chewie spews on a majority of his posts, especially this thread.  I bet you do admire brains and wit.  Especially since you have none.  You're a follower GameGrl.  I've seen other posts from you that usually coincide with Chewie.  I'm convinced you two are one in the same.  There's help for that...check your yellow pages

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:39 am - IP Logged

Are drugs legal in your state?

Chewie, Are they legal in yours?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #2448
                      October 4, 2003
                      26125 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:48 am - IP Logged

Lantern, that was the cruel insult implied by Chewie towards Rundown that got this thread heated up.  If people on LP would Search under Chewie's name, they would find multiple postings that are insulting to the original posters of any question asked.  He is rude and vile and never has anything kind to say, yet he apparently has at least 2 followers who can't get enough of his rudeness. Chewie is not in charge of LP and how dare he insult anyone who asks a question regardless of how he percieves the basis of the question.  He is a bigot and I can show the post to prove it and he is a troublemaker.  Some people seem to think free speech means the right to condemn someone because you choose too.  I doubt Chewie would speak so boldly when face to face with someone.

I hope others will speak out on this matter.  Being insulting to a poster repeatedly is uncalled for and there is nothing mature about it.

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Are drugs legal in your state?

NO,  why would you ask?

Because your post is so far from left field; its hard to imagine any one would ask such a question. 

1. The holder of the ticket determines the disbursement, not some bogus person from left field.   A rare - RARE - exception would be a court case, not some imaginary person.  Try reading some lottery rules and regulations; get carried away and search some state statutes.

2. You get no advance money from the lottery, your state is neither a bank nor a charity.  Perhaps you have the lottery confused with welfare payments.

Wow..

Was this necessary?

Seems so ugly

Lottery players are supposed to be adults and adults are supposed to be mature and ask mature questions.  Researching answers, before you ask questions, is something some one over 18 should have learned.  Some times you can only baby a baby, and some times you have to tell an adult to act like an adult.  It is how the world is designed to work.  In real life, you are not rewarded for failure.  Unless you live in a liberals mind.

Some times you have to tell an adult to act like an adult.

Chewie

Act as an adult!

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:53 am - IP Logged

Lantern, that was the cruel insult implied by Chewie towards Rundown that got this thread heated up.  If people on LP would Search under Chewie's name, they would find multiple postings that are insulting to the original posters of any question asked.  He is rude and vile and never has anything kind to say, yet he apparently has at least 2 followers who can't get enough of his rudeness. Chewie is not in charge of LP and how dare he insult anyone who asks a question regardless of how he percieves the basis of the question.  He is a bigot and I can show the post to prove it and he is a troublemaker.  Some people seem to think free speech means the right to condemn someone because you choose too.  I doubt Chewie would speak so boldly when face to face with someone.

I hope others will speak out on this matter.  Being insulting to a poster repeatedly is uncalled for and there is nothing mature about it.

I Agree!

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                            Member #12618
                            March 18, 2005
                            2060 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Geez I go to work and come back to many comments...

I believe that if a poster asks a question here that nobody has the right to insult that persons intelligence. I saw no harm in the question posed. Could he have done a search? Probably, but that doesn't excuse the behavior of some who think it is their place to bring others down. It makes me wonder if that is why we have over 20,000 members, but so few of them posting. They are probably afraid of being put down. Just my 2 cents.

Dance like no one is watching.

Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:57 am - IP Logged

Geez I go to work and come back to many comments...

I believe that if a poster asks a question here that nobody has the right to insult that persons intelligence. I saw no harm in the question posed. Could he have done a search? Probably, but that doesn't excuse the behavior of some who think it is their place to bring others down. It makes me wonder if that is why we have over 20,000 members, but so few of them posting. They are probably afraid of being put down. Just my 2 cents.

I Agree!

Page 5 of 13