Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if someone interferes ??

Topic closed. 180 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 7 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49725 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2005, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute !!!!

I asked that question out of paranoia, because of horror stories of lottery winners, and I always worried that when that kind of money is involved, someone (especially relatives from my father's side of the family) will try ANYTHING for money.  I am paranoid.  I check my lights and my sink faucets in my apartment repeatedly to make sure that everything is off, and I constantly check my car to make sure that the lights are off and the doors are locked, but I had to ask because I was paranoid about the possibilities of bad luck ..... I asked , " What if someone interfered" because even if YOU claim the prize, you never know what could happen due to human error and human nature.  That one woman who won it in Ohio earlier this year had to claim the prize sooner and prove to the public that she was the winner out of anger despite the anonymity option in Ohio, because SOMEONE ELSE pretended to be the owner of the ticket that was supposedly lost.  Someone from NH who won a share of the $298 million Powerball jackpot in August 2001 (Delaware, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Minnesota) had to PROVE that her winning ticket was not for a group of players who were about to sue her for that money.  William Bud Post won $16 million in the Super 7 lotto in Pennsylvania in 1988, and his ex-girlfriend (NOT WIFE, NOT EVEN RELATED TO HIM) successfully sued HIM for 1/3 of that annuity prize, because it was considered that since they play bingo together that they were gambling partners.  What also led to the judge's decision in that lawsuit was that William Bud Post promised to marry her and later turned her down.  The point is that there is NO SUCH THING AS A SURE THING when it comes to that kind of money and the type of people who WANT money in this world.  Human nature is human nature.  Don't tell me that my question was immature.  I read horror stories of lottery winners for years, and if those people got screwed after claiming the prize in public, don't tell me that a greedy relative won't try something.  If I ever win it, I am getting a DAMN GOOD tax attorney !!!!  CASE CLOSED !!!!

Hey man talk to your doctor about this double checking yourself and stuff like that. At one of my jobs I was asked to lock the doors at night when we were done our shift. So I would gather everybody around the time clock. Run around and lock all the doors and rooms check/check again and then punch out. One day upon arriving to work someone said why did I leave the back door unlocked. knowing for sure that I checked this door at least 2 times I figured something had to be awry. Maybe on of my coworkers ran to the back of the shop and unlocked the door while I was on the other end of the shop. Who knows.

I never had any problems like this so from that point on I waited until everyone left then went around and locked the place. It so disturbed me about the incident that I started double checking everything I was doing like you I started checking light doors faucets and all kinds of stuff. It continued to disturbed me because people were asking me why I was always second guessing stuff. I went to the doctors seems I had developed a mild case of paranoia myself and it was getting worse. He gave me some meds and it went away.

Four4me-

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment. From reading rundown's comments I get the feeling he/she has some serious mental problems and some issues with his/her father. Factor in the extreme paranoia and obsessive/compulsive behavior I also think he/her needs to see a doctor and get on some DRUGS.

Who brought the subject of drugs up first? I think it was Chewie.

Anyone worried about losing lottery winnings (when the odds of winning the lottery in the first place are stratospheric) needs help!

It is not in the scope of this forum to evaluate another posters mental state/problems.

Manners (social behavior) requires people to interface with each other with dignity and respect.

Remember the Golden Rules!

Tennessee
    United States
    Member #20781
    August 25, 2005
    29 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2005, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Excellent, Raven.

Thank you.

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
      Darlington, S.C.
      United States
      Member #3691
      February 12, 2004
      133 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute !!!!

I asked that question out of paranoia, because of horror stories of lottery winners, and I always worried that when that kind of money is involved, someone (especially relatives from my father's side of the family) will try ANYTHING for money.  I am paranoid.  I check my lights and my sink faucets in my apartment repeatedly to make sure that everything is off, and I constantly check my car to make sure that the lights are off and the doors are locked, but I had to ask because I was paranoid about the possibilities of bad luck ..... I asked , " What if someone interfered" because even if YOU claim the prize, you never know what could happen due to human error and human nature.  That one woman who won it in Ohio earlier this year had to claim the prize sooner and prove to the public that she was the winner out of anger despite the anonymity option in Ohio, because SOMEONE ELSE pretended to be the owner of the ticket that was supposedly lost.  Someone from NH who won a share of the $298 million Powerball jackpot in August 2001 (Delaware, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Minnesota) had to PROVE that her winning ticket was not for a group of players who were about to sue her for that money.  William Bud Post won $16 million in the Super 7 lotto in Pennsylvania in 1988, and his ex-girlfriend (NOT WIFE, NOT EVEN RELATED TO HIM) successfully sued HIM for 1/3 of that annuity prize, because it was considered that since they play bingo together that they were gambling partners.  What also led to the judge's decision in that lawsuit was that William Bud Post promised to marry her and later turned her down.  The point is that there is NO SUCH THING AS A SURE THING when it comes to that kind of money and the type of people who WANT money in this world.  Human nature is human nature.  Don't tell me that my question was immature.  I read horror stories of lottery winners for years, and if those people got screwed after claiming the prize in public, don't tell me that a greedy relative won't try something.  If I ever win it, I am getting a DAMN GOOD tax attorney !!!!  CASE CLOSED !!!!

Hey man talk to your doctor about this double checking yourself and stuff like that. At one of my jobs I was asked to lock the doors at night when we were done our shift. So I would gather everybody around the time clock. Run around and lock all the doors and rooms check/check again and then punch out. One day upon arriving to work someone said why did I leave the back door unlocked. knowing for sure that I checked this door at least 2 times I figured something had to be awry. Maybe on of my coworkers ran to the back of the shop and unlocked the door while I was on the other end of the shop. Who knows.

I never had any problems like this so from that point on I waited until everyone left then went around and locked the place. It so disturbed me about the incident that I started double checking everything I was doing like you I started checking light doors faucets and all kinds of stuff. It continued to disturbed me because people were asking me why I was always second guessing stuff. I went to the doctors seems I had developed a mild case of paranoia myself and it was getting worse. He gave me some meds and it went away.

Four4me-

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment. From reading rundown's comments I get the feeling he/she has some serious mental problems and some issues with his/her father. Factor in the extreme paranoia and obsessive/compulsive behavior I also think he/her needs to see a doctor and get on some DRUGS.

Anyone worried about losing lottery winnings (when the odds of winning the lottery in the first place are stratospheric) needs help!

It is not in the scope of this forum to evaluate another posters mental state/problems.

Manners (social behavior) requires people to interface with each other with dignity and respect.

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31, King James Version.

It is in the scope of this forum for everyone to have and share, if they wish, their opinions as long as they obey all the rules set by the webmaster, Todd in this case. Anyone who makes a post in a public forum can expect to receive comments. Not all comments are going to be positive.

In a perfect world everyone gets treated with dignity and respect even if they earn it or not, unfortunately we don't live in that world.

What it boils down to is you have your opinion and I have mine. I have every right to make an evaluation with any information given to me. You have the same right, which you have expressed in your post.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #2448
        October 4, 2003
        25893 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute !!!!

Four4me-

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise." Luke 6:31, King James Version.

It is in the scope of this forum for everyone to have and share, if they wish, their opinions as long as they obey all the rules set by the webmaster, Todd in this case. Anyone who makes a post in a public forum can expect to receive comments. Not all comments are going to be positive.

In a perfect world everyone gets treated with dignity and respect even if they earn it or not, unfortunately we don't live in that world.

What it boils down to is you have your opinion and I have mine. I have every right to make an evaluation with any information given to me. You have the same right, which you have expressed in your post.

There are 2 specific rules posted that have been violated in my opinion by Chewie.  It was a question that he did not have to respond to if he didn't like it. He degraded the original poster with the drug issue.  An opinion is not mental or physical injury or insult.  It is an opposition of another view, usually done civilly and without degradation. You don't need a perfect world to have dignity and respect, you need common sense and an open mind.

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
          Member #12618
          March 18, 2005
          2060 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to live in a perfect world to read the rules of this forum DirtyWrat. I believe no personal attacks is a rule here:

This is from The rules page: http://www.lotterypost.com/rules

No personal attacks. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

It really isn't that hard to follow the rules. If someone makes a post that you find stupid or idiotic, skip it. It's that simple!

Dance like no one is watching.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #2448
            October 4, 2003
            25893 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2005, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Well put Bellyache!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
              FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Well, I gotta say this is one of the most interesting threads I have ever read here on LP.

Jorli D. is an e-friend of mine as are a few others in this thread. The attacks on her are unwarranted. Her points regarding the rules of the forum are fact. (Refer to her link for Rules of Lottery Post Forum posts).

I agree with several posters in this thread that it should have been locked by either Todd or stopped by our own respect for each other.

As I said in an earlier post this week, when we don't understand a post, re-read the post's intent and understand its content before we post our responses. Read the posts and comment either positively or negatively about the post, but NEVER attack the poster or we will see this type of thread continuously...and this forum will suffer from the 90% of us who want to make it work.

Negativity breeds negativity. And this thread is showing that.

Peace....and to those of you who who don't like that word, PM me with your hate, but leave your hate off the board.

Thank you.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                Member #23383
                October 11, 2005
                485 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2005, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I emailed todd about this last night....he has not replied to me...nor locked the thread...I am not sure what he is doing or not going to do....If you ask me..it looks like "nothing " is going to be done...

konane's avatar - wallace
                  Atlanta, GA
                  United States
                  Member #1265
                  March 13, 2003
                  3333 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2005, 4:45 pm - IP Logged
                  Blame it on Mercury Retrograde ... all kinds of communications problems can be laid at the feet of this phenomenon that happens about 3 times a year.

Mercury is said to be in retrograde motion when, due to our relative orbits around the sun, parallax view causes it to back up in our sky.

Mercury has a rulership of communication and transportation. This covers just about everything in one way or another. When Mercury is
                  retrograde, all things having to do with communication and transportation are prone to snafu and breakdown. You will notice during Mercury retros that the incidence of traffic light malfunctions, telephone service interruptions, lost and mishandled messages, general misunderstanding of information, missed connections and other problems in travel, and every other imaginable kind of trouble in these areas rises dramatically.

http://www.lightworks.com/astroweather/mercury.htm

Good luck to everyone!

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2005, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

dman,

Your original post is what made the most sense of all posts on this thread and I agree with you entirely.

Todd's probably busy with the holiday and such but it doesn't mean we have to act like animals when the zookeeper's at lunch. ;)

Thanks for your peace-maker posts.

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
                      Darlington, S.C.
                      United States
                      Member #3691
                      February 12, 2004
                      133 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2005, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Well, I gotta say this is one of the most interesting threads I have ever read here on LP.

Jorli D. is an e-friend of mine as are a few others in this thread. The attacks on her are unwarranted. Her points regarding the rules of the forum are fact. (Refer to her link for Rules of Lottery Post Forum posts).

I agree with several posters in this thread that it should have been locked by either Todd or stopped by our own respect for each other.

As I said in an earlier post this week, when we don't understand a post, re-read the post's intent and understand its content before we post our responses. Read the posts and comment either positively or negatively about the post, but NEVER attack the poster or we will see this type of thread continuously...and this forum will suffer from the 90% of us who want to make it work.

Negativity breeds negativity. And this thread is showing that.

Peace....and to those of you who who don't like that word, PM me with your hate, but leave your hate off the board.

Thank you.

I was going to make another smart alec comment, but after reading Rick G's well written post I think I'll show a little restraint.

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2005, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Thank you, Dirty Wrat

I didn't find your thread bothersome in any way. I appreciate your constraint in contributing any more to this negative BS of a thread.

Let's stop it where it is. Don't stop asking questions...most of us are willing to help and reluctant to berate a poster.

Those who choose to berate will be judged as so. Let the last 10 pages speak for themselves.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8361 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2005, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Rick all i know is a lot of people say a lot of stuff most of which they would never say to another person, in person. With all the different types of personalities on here it's real easy for someone to start a thread and if not worded exactly the way everyone can or will understand it. It can and will get missorted into being or becoming a feud.

Folks don't expect Todd to get into every thread on the forum that doesn't go your ways. It is not easy for him to be impartial about some of the messy topics that developed if he jumps in on these misconstrued topics and replies then some people will be appreciative while others might get hurt feelings or feel betrayed.

When rundown admitted to having paranoid tendencies I immediately knew why his topics in threads are worded they way they are. I understand better what he is trying to say in those topics and I'm sorry but no answer will satisfy his curiosity since he continuously looks for things to be wrong, so he re words the same type topics looking for answers.

For us to continue bantering back and forth what is etiquette or not isn't going to help him or others understand our own personality flaws. It's just bringing out the worst.

Folks stay cool don't let other people spoil your weekend.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Someone brought it to my attention that I referred to dirtywrat as the the originator of this thread. It was rundown who originated it.

I apologize for the mistake and thank the person who brought it to my attention and as he/she does, I stand by my comments and those of dirtywrat.

I cannot edit or choose my fonts, etc. anymore so I hope this person sees this and acknowledges that I appreciate their PM to me to clarify my mistake.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2005, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

4-4-me,

Like I said, I can't edit my posts without them being distorted, so I'll respond here by saying you are totally correct. Messages that are not vis-a-vis can be totally distorted.

Thanks for your input here.

Page 7 of 13