Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if someone interferes ??

Topic closed. 180 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 9 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2005, 8:05 am - IP Logged

If you do win the Powerball jackpot, of course you will need to leave town after claiming the prize. 

Actually I have no plans whatsoever to leave town just because I won. As I said in another thread, no one is going to run me out of town. I make my own decisions, others don't. ALthough I would most likely move pretty quickly into my new large house 'just out of town.' Depends on how long it takes to build, or if I decide to settle for an existing one.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #2448
    October 4, 2003
    25875 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2005, 9:37 am - IP Logged

You folks need to seek out the help of the Lord and channel your anger into something positive,

Frankly, all of you have to much time on your hands, and need to get a life. 

A newbie and already making trouble. 

Sad isn't it? He's just troll trying to stir up trouble. Funny how he thinks we need to get a life and seek out the Lord.

My guess is he is another personality of the other troll on this thread.  LOL

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2005, 11:32 am - IP Logged

its gotten so bad that even a preacher has gotten involved,lol

Michigan
        United States
        Member #2448
        October 4, 2003
        25875 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

its gotten so bad that even a preacher has gotten involved,lol

Mike, I doubt he is a preacher.  If so he misspelled Reverend.  LOL

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

If you do win the Powerball jackpot, of course you will need to leave town after claiming the prize.  Does the lottery give you some of the money up front (So you can leave town and rent a hotel room) or do you have to wait until later on to receive any of it.  I read about a Wisconsin PB winner (Peter Bapes) who won it earlier this year and the website said that he would receive the wire transfer within 10 business days. 

But what if.....

Someone, such as a greedy family member or relative , interferes with the wire transfer and tells the lottery to give your prize money to THEM instead of you.  There have been times when someone wins and people try to sue the lottery winner even before they get the money.  How do you know that someone won't convince the lottery to give them the money instead when it should be for you.  You never know...... maybe it's better to go somewhere where you can be anonymous.

Back to their original post AND the post where they say they're going to get the best tax attorney around to handle the matter for them ............... looks like they have their bases covered. Approve

I would like to add one cautionary note for them to not dwell on the negative because that serves to draw the worst case scenario to them .... Murphy's law. Yes Nod

rundown99, do your very best to hold positive thoughts for yourself, see in your mind's eye already winning and enjoying the win because in doing so you're creating a virtual reality with those "daydreams."   The more time and positive thought devoted to creation of that reality, the greater your chances are of experiencing it in real time.  Blue Angel

Conversely the more time you spend thinking about negative stuff, you also create a preponderance of that happening. No No

Keep positive thoughts for yourself ....... and again hope you win something really big, keep it safely and enjoy it to the fullest!!!  Party

Good luck to everyone!

Michigan
            United States
            Member #2448
            October 4, 2003
            25875 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2005, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Konane, that was a very gentle and positive way to answer Rundown's question. Smiley

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: November 25, 2005, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

I just wish I had the problem of figuring out, how to receive the jackpot securely.

That would be the ultimate dilemma I would definitely embrace.

By the way, drugs are illegal here in Florida, if anyone wants to know...LOL

I think Chewie is from the old school mentality, and has a strong ultra-conservative attitude that sides with personal responsibility, and is against any institution who spoils the people, whenever they cry foul. This is based only from what I gather, from reading his other posts. I'm probably right when I say, that type of thinking is instilled, and can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I've had my positive share of witty interchange with Chewie a few times. As witty as I can get, he always comes back with something, I thought, definitely couldn't be topped. But he always does. Unfortunately, sometimes he goes just a little too far. But I try not to judge anyone, just form an opinion. And that was mine.

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: November 25, 2005, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Konane, that was a very gentle and positive way to answer Rundown's question. Smiley

It's Mercury Retrograde (confusion, misunderstanding abounds).  Going back to the initial question which seemed to be two pronged, and IMHO very serious from the family member standpoint (I'd missed previous posts by this person asking same/similar questions) thought I'd bring the subject back to its original context.

Pacattack05 I can be twice as caustic as Chewie if in my view it's warranted, so guess he and I might have gone to the same "old school."

Like you I would love to be facing the dilemma of how, when and what to do with a major jackpot, so hope you are able to both face and resolve that enviable dilemma very soon!!  Big Grin Santa

Good luck to both of you achieving your desires!!  Party

Good luck to everyone!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                  PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2005, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

If you do win the Powerball jackpot, of course you will need to leave town after claiming the prize.  Does the lottery give you some of the money up front (So you can leave town and rent a hotel room) or do you have to wait until later on to receive any of it.  I read about a Wisconsin PB winner (Peter Bapes) who won it earlier this year and the website said that he would receive the wire transfer within 10 business days. 

But what if.....

Someone, such as a greedy family member or relative , interferes with the wire transfer and tells the lottery to give your prize money to THEM instead of you.  There have been times when someone wins and people try to sue the lottery winner even before they get the money.  How do you know that someone won't convince the lottery to give them the money instead when it should be for you.  You never know...... maybe it's better to go somewhere where you can be anonymous.

Back to their original post AND the post where they say they're going to get the best tax attorney around to handle the matter for them ............... looks like they have their bases covered. Approve

I would like to add one cautionary note for them to not dwell on the negative because that serves to draw the worst case scenario to them .... Murphy's law. Yes Nod

rundown99, do your very best to hold positive thoughts for yourself, see in your mind's eye already winning and enjoying the win because in doing so you're creating a virtual reality with those "daydreams."   The more time and positive thought devoted to creation of that reality, the greater your chances are of experiencing it in real time.  Blue Angel

Conversely the more time you spend thinking about negative stuff, you also create a preponderance of that happening. No No

Keep positive thoughts for yourself ....... and again hope you win something really big, keep it safely and enjoy it to the fullest!!!  Party

Exactly. Check out some great books on the subject of positive thinking/imaging by Norman Vincent Peale. Also 'Think and Grow Rick,' 'The Magic of Believing,' 'The Power of The subconscious Mind,' Etc. Great motivators, and I know they work! I am looking forward to being a millionaire very soon, and am well prepared now. So it won't be as much of a shock as it would have awhile back. Lep

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2005, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

It's Mercury Retrograde (confusion, misunderstanding abounds).  Going back to the initial question which seemed to be two pronged, and IMHO very serious from the family member standpoint (I'd missed previous posts by this person asking same/similar questions) thought I'd bring the subject back to its original context.

Pacattack05 I can be twice as caustic as Chewie if in my view it's warranted, so guess he and I might have gone to the same "old school."

Like you I would love to be facing the dilemma of how, when and what to do with a major jackpot, so hope you are able to both face and resolve that enviable dilemma very soon!!  Big Grin Santa

Good luck to both of you achieving your desires!!  Party

Thanx Konane, but with those odds, The ceiling in my house would collapse before that happened. Not being negative, but realistic.

You should see the trouble I have getting a straight hit on the p-3, and that's only a thousand to one.

Here in Florida, it's almost 23 million to one for the Lotto.

It's like the p-3, but 23,000 times harder to hit...WOW

Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #1265
                      March 13, 2003
                      3333 Posts
                      Posted: November 25, 2005, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

But what if.....

Exactly. Check out some great books on the subject of positive thinking/imaging by Norman Vincent Peale. Also 'Think and Grow Rick,' 'The Magic of Believing,' 'The Power of The subconscious Mind,' Etc. Great motivators, and I know they work! I am looking forward to being a millionaire very soon, and am well prepared now. So it won't be as much of a shock as it would have awhile back. Lep

"Creating Money" by Sanaya Roman .... been out long enough to possibly find at garage sales, used books.  A classic.

"Ask and It Is Given - Learning to Manifest Your Desires" by Esther and Jerry Hicks, new but has great reviews.

Most metaphysical book stores have scores of books on the subject of positive thinking/imaging Sirbrad mentioned above.  Vastly more resources today than have ever been available on the subject.  Also assertions in these books are being validated by researchers in the realm of quantum physics. 

It works for those who are grounded, who suspend conventional (negative) thinking, who are willing to think outside the box of what is possible and realize all things are possible.  Also one has to be alert and follow through with work necessary to bring what they want to fruition.

Free information here for anyone openminded enough to read for the information it contains because the principles are very sound. 

http://www.abraham-journal.com/index.php/weblog/categories/ 

And Sirbrad, I'm looking forward to your being a millionaire many times over!!    Party

Good luck to everyone!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5114 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2005, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

THANKsssssssssssssssssssssssssss:

L'Poster'sssssssssssssssssssssssss:

Of ALL of you are GREAT in you'reee..........................................................

own way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........PSYKOMO does not always read 

every word of all pOST.....................but, I wish too.......thank Kohane and

ALL.............................OTHER's for the last fourteen......PAGEsssssssss!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

Atlanta
                          United States
                          Member #15989
                          May 24, 2005
                          183 Posts
                          Posted: November 28, 2005, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Hey dman...I remember reading about 3 weeks ago that you were DONE with this forum and not posting again, and now you are tattle-tailing to Todd? Sorry, don't have time to research it exactly, maybe you can enlighten why you decided to stay, LOL. You crack me up dude, as did the rest of this thread. People, can we just get along. We only have 60 more pages to be as long as the original Fourensics thread. Too funny. And, EmilyG, you seem to be a cool person. If ever out and about in Atlanta and want a drink, it's on me.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31337 Posts
                            Posted: November 28, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Hey dman...I remember reading about 3 weeks ago that you were DONE with this forum and not posting again, and now you are tattle-tailing to Todd? Sorry, don't have time to research it exactly, maybe you can enlighten why you decided to stay, LOL. You crack me up dude, as did the rest of this thread. People, can we just get along. We only have 60 more pages to be as long as the original Fourensics thread. Too funny. And, EmilyG, you seem to be a cool person. If ever out and about in Atlanta and want a drink, it's on me.

thanks for the compliment and kind offer. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

Bible belt state
                              United States
                              Member #23795
                              October 16, 2005
                              33 Posts
                              Posted: November 28, 2005, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

gosh is everyone here always so hateful? sure makes a gal feel welcomed

Page 9 of 13