Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What if someone interferes ??

Topic closed. 180 replies. Last post 11 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 6 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2005, 3:09 am - IP Logged

Having a bad day Chewie?

He was just asking a question. Remember that saying, "There are no wrong questions, only wrong answers." or something like that. I am sure he was just being curious. No harm in that.

Actually I'm have a great week.  However, the no bad question is a myth created years ago.  There are lots of bad questions; most resulting from laziness or sillyness.  If an instructor tells his class there is no tea in China, and the first question out of a students mouth is, How much tea is there in China, that is a dumb question.  The no bad question myth is as bad as there no mistakes, only opportunities myth, or all people are created equal myth. 

I have no problems with quest for knowledge questions.  Don't ask questions, when you know where the answers are.  That indicates lack of preparation; and that should not be rewarded.  It encourages sloppiness. There is harm in that.

Chewie

If I was you, I would not trust myself either !

"Actually I'm have a great week." Do you mean? Actually I'm having a great week.

"The no bad question myth is as bad as there no mistakes,"

The no bad question myth is as bad as there are no mistakes,

Who lacks preparation and is sloppy?

Are you also lazy?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2005, 3:14 am - IP Logged

One would think that I don't like Chewie, because she appears to be nasty, but I do like her and would like her more if she quits insulting people.

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2005, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Chewie                            No No

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2005, 4:38 am - IP Logged

If you do win the Powerball jackpot, of course you will need to leave town after claiming the prize.  Does the lottery give you some of the money up front (So you can leave town and rent a hotel room) or do you have to wait until later on to receive any of it.  I read about a Wisconsin PB winner (Peter Bapes) who won it earlier this year and the website said that he would receive the wire transfer within 10 business days. 

But what if.....

Someone, such as a greedy family member or relative , interferes with the wire transfer and tells the lottery to give your prize money to THEM instead of you.  There have been times when someone wins and people try to sue the lottery winner even before they get the money.  How do you know that someone won't convince the lottery to give them the money instead when it should be for you.  You never know...... maybe it's better to go somewhere where you can be anonymous.

rundown99,

I've never heard of MUSL giving anyone an advance on the payment for their PowerBall jackpot winnings unless that's what the first payment of an annuity settlement could be considered. Of course, like the vast majority of other people on this site, I've never won a jackpot either...lol. I would imagine that they withold all funds until they've completed all the steps in their certification procedures.

Any relative who might try to interfere and claim your jackpot would have to have some legal basis for such a claim and they'd have to have some evidence to make their claim stand up. In order to be taken seriously, they'd probably have to hire an attorney to represent them in such an action. Any person trying to make such a claim would be subject to criminal prosecution if their claim were to be proven fraudulent.

I'm not a legal expert, but I have seen some strange things happen in legal matters. It would take a lawyer to give some definitive answers to the questions you've posed. If you ever win the PowerBall jackpot, you'd definitely be well advised to consult an attorney as well as other legal and financial experts. I think you're on the right track with the idea of remaining anonymous and/or forming a trust.

Good luck,

aye'

new delhi
          India
          Member #22145
          September 20, 2005
          174 Posts
          Posted: November 23, 2005, 7:01 am - IP Logged

guys.....stop it .....chewie can be caustic but thats chewies nature...I'm not condoning his/her response but all of you are now arguing with each other...please fly the white flag.....

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49674 Posts
            Posted: November 23, 2005, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Lantern, that was the cruel insult implied by Chewie towards Rundown that got this thread heated up.  If people on LP would Search under Chewie's name, they would find multiple postings that are insulting to the original posters of any question asked.  He is rude and vile and never has anything kind to say, yet he apparently has at least 2 followers who can't get enough of his rudeness. Chewie is not in charge of LP and how dare he insult anyone who asks a question regardless of how he percieves the basis of the question.  He is a bigot and I can show the post to prove it and he is a troublemaker.  Some people seem to think free speech means the right to condemn someone because you choose too.  I doubt Chewie would speak so boldly when face to face with someone.

I hope others will speak out on this matter.  Being insulting to a poster repeatedly is uncalled for and there is nothing mature about it.

I Agree!

Sparta, NJ
              United States
              Member #18331
              July 9, 2005
              1977 Posts
              Posted: November 23, 2005, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Amazing. 80 comments. 1140 hits. 99% complainers.  Life still goes on.  Stainhood is such a good thing.

Cheers

|||::> *'`*:-.,_,.-:*''*:--->>> Chewie  <<<---.*''*:-.,_,.-:*''* <:::|||

I only trust myself - and that's a questionable choice

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #2448
                October 4, 2003
                25883 Posts
                Posted: November 23, 2005, 9:35 am - IP Logged

guys.....stop it .....chewie can be caustic but thats chewies nature...I'm not condoning his/her response but all of you are now arguing with each other...please fly the white flag.....

Chewie is trolling and making personal attacks.  Those violations are listed under the rules of this forum. Being caustic, vial, cruel and nasty to another member is not something to praise.  Chewie has made a racist coment based on a news story, and he simply responds to posts with insults and then he attacks the sanity of the poster.

Chewie needs his own website and I have a few suggestions for names for that site. 

United States
                  Member #23787
                  October 16, 2005
                  68 Posts
                  Posted: November 23, 2005, 9:41 am - IP Logged

I think that there is only 1 way to deal with nasty people.

1)First be polite and remind them to behave.

2)If they do not listen to good advice then give them taste of their behavior by even dirtier insults to their postings.

And If it was a real life teach them lesson in such a manner that they will forget what rudeness is.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49674 Posts
                    Posted: November 23, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

I think that there is only 1 way to deal with nasty people.

1)First be polite and remind them to behave.

2)If they do not listen to good advice then give them taste of their behavior by even dirtier insults to their postings.

And If it was a real life teach them lesson in such a manner that they will forget what rudeness is.

An alternative would be:

1) Control Panel

2) Buddy/Block List

3) Member Name:

4) Description:

5) Private Message: Block

6) Forum Posts: Hide

7) Blog Comments: Block

However:

Only Gold and Platinum members can hide forum posts and block blog comments. 

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                      Magnolia, Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #18795
                      July 20, 2005
                      789 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2005, 10:13 am - IP Logged

If I'm a fool in your opnion, so be it <<< Jorli D, that statement that you made yourself, is not my opinion. The logical conclusion and the simple fact is, you did stick your nose in where it didn't belong! And now it appears that you yourself Jorli D, have come to the simple fact and logical conclusion that you are a FOOL for doing it! So, I guess I do have some logic after all!

Oh Jorli D, before I forget, there is one more thing that needs clearing up! Yes, you may have been contacted in midsummer by B of A via e-mail about your account with them. But the "Facts" are, they had some of their computer tapes lost in transit by UPS! So your statement that B of A was "hacked into" is a figment of your imagination or it's just your foolishness and futile attempt to make a story sound better! Oh My God, if "Clearing up the facts above" is being a troublemaker, then I guess I'm guilty as charged! But at least I have the facts and logic on my side and not the foolishness of a fool like you do Jorli D and That's The Pure Hard Facts and The Logical Senses of a so called "Troublemaker" at work! ROFL

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #2448
                        October 4, 2003
                        25883 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2005, 10:18 am - IP Logged
                        • No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.
                        • No personal attacks. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

Chewie has violated both of these rules.  Search under his/her name and read his posts.  Vial, crude, condemning and unkind.

Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #2448
                          October 4, 2003
                          25883 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2005, 10:23 am - IP Logged

If I'm a fool in your opnion, so be it <<< Jorli D, that statement that you made yourself, is not my opinion. The logical conclusion and the simple fact is, you did stick your nose in where it didn't belong! And now it appears that you yourself Jorli D, have come to the simple fact and logical conclusion that you are a FOOL for doing it! So, I guess I do have some logic after all!

Oh Jorli D, before I forget, there is one more thing that needs clearing up! Yes, you may have been contacted in midsummer by B of A via e-mail about your account with them. But the "Facts" are, they had some of their computer tapes lost in transit by UPS! So your statement that B of A was "hacked into" is a figment of your imagination or it's just your foolishness and futile attempt to make a story sound better! Oh My God, if "Clearing up the facts above" is being a troublemaker, then I guess I'm guilty as charged! But at least I have the facts and logic on my side and not the foolishness of a fool like you do Jorli D and That's The Pure Hard Facts and The Logical Senses of a so called "Troublemaker" at work! ROFL

Barista, a forum is where people debate.  You cannot butt into a forum. I don't know what part of this you don't get.  A troublemaker on the other hand is a person like you who instigates an issue and offers no substance to the issue.  I stand by my Bank of America stateent, as well, Visa announced about a month ago, there system had been hacked as well.

Barista, you can talk all the big talk you want and try to appear smarter than you are.  I'm not impressed. Do not call me a fool again, because you don't know me, and it's the last insult I'm taking for you before all hell breaks loose.  I suggest you take my advice and call me by my name or take the consequences

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
                            United States
                            Member #19651
                            August 3, 2005
                            621 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2005, 11:46 am - IP Logged

i still love you chewie    and you have said bad things to me    i love reading this  how much fun would you be at the table thursday  you only touched the button  the rest have pushed it

DirtyWrat's avatar - dirty rat_3051bs_mor.jpg
                              Darlington, S.C.
                              United States
                              Member #3691
                              February 12, 2004
                              133 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2005, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute !!!!

I asked that question out of paranoia, because of horror stories of lottery winners, and I always worried that when that kind of money is involved, someone (especially relatives from my father's side of the family) will try ANYTHING for money.  I am paranoid.  I check my lights and my sink faucets in my apartment repeatedly to make sure that everything is off, and I constantly check my car to make sure that the lights are off and the doors are locked, but I had to ask because I was paranoid about the possibilities of bad luck ..... I asked , " What if someone interfered" because even if YOU claim the prize, you never know what could happen due to human error and human nature.  That one woman who won it in Ohio earlier this year had to claim the prize sooner and prove to the public that she was the winner out of anger despite the anonymity option in Ohio, because SOMEONE ELSE pretended to be the owner of the ticket that was supposedly lost.  Someone from NH who won a share of the $298 million Powerball jackpot in August 2001 (Delaware, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Minnesota) had to PROVE that her winning ticket was not for a group of players who were about to sue her for that money.  William Bud Post won $16 million in the Super 7 lotto in Pennsylvania in 1988, and his ex-girlfriend (NOT WIFE, NOT EVEN RELATED TO HIM) successfully sued HIM for 1/3 of that annuity prize, because it was considered that since they play bingo together that they were gambling partners.  What also led to the judge's decision in that lawsuit was that William Bud Post promised to marry her and later turned her down.  The point is that there is NO SUCH THING AS A SURE THING when it comes to that kind of money and the type of people who WANT money in this world.  Human nature is human nature.  Don't tell me that my question was immature.  I read horror stories of lottery winners for years, and if those people got screwed after claiming the prize in public, don't tell me that a greedy relative won't try something.  If I ever win it, I am getting a DAMN GOOD tax attorney !!!!  CASE CLOSED !!!!

Hey man talk to your doctor about this double checking yourself and stuff like that. At one of my jobs I was asked to lock the doors at night when we were done our shift. So I would gather everybody around the time clock. Run around and lock all the doors and rooms check/check again and then punch out. One day upon arriving to work someone said why did I leave the back door unlocked. knowing for sure that I checked this door at least 2 times I figured something had to be awry. Maybe on of my coworkers ran to the back of the shop and unlocked the door while I was on the other end of the shop. Who knows.

I never had any problems like this so from that point on I waited until everyone left then went around and locked the place. It so disturbed me about the incident that I started double checking everything I was doing like you I started checking light doors faucets and all kinds of stuff. It continued to disturbed me because people were asking me why I was always second guessing stuff. I went to the doctors seems I had developed a mild case of paranoia myself and it was getting worse. He gave me some meds and it went away.

Four4me-

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment. From reading rundown's comments I get the feeling he/she has some serious mental problems and some issues with his/her father. Factor in the extreme paranoia and obsessive/compulsive behavior I also think he/her needs to see a doctor and get on some DRUGS.

Who brought the subject of drugs up first? I think it was Chewie.

Anyone worried about losing lottery winnings (when the odds of winning the lottery in the first place are stratospheric) needs help!

With the lottery I get all the exercise I need.

In futility.

Page 6 of 13