Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Agent provacateurs

Topic closed. 133 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 2 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: June 20, 2006, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Rip Snorter

People probably do come here and "infiltrate" the board (probably most any board) but I think that would be different than any lotto commission would be after....

I think it would be much more likely that anyone working for a lotto commission and coming here would lurk, and monitor certin threads very closely, good old "data mining".

HELLO LOTTERY COMMISSION MONITORS

See Ya! 

Maybe we should start putting up some polls with some really outlandish answers and feed the, skewed data, something like:

"I quit playing powerball and will not play again until the matrix goes to 100 on top and 99 on the bottom"

Excellent idea, coin toss.

Thanks for the reply.

Got to give that some thought.

Jack

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8360 Posts
    Posted: June 20, 2006, 4:51 am - IP Logged

You might do well to try and bait lottery employees to come on here and report their findings on wether or not people have developed a system to beat the lottery. I'm sure on more than one occasion some bright persons have developed some method whereby they win on multiple occasions and have said to a lottery employee i have created a system and it wins a lot of times. However i would hope that if a person was that smart that they wouldn't go bragging that fact to lottery employees. And anyone who does needs to have head examined.

Lottery personal who might read these threads probably get a big kick out of people writing about their passions to win lottery games developing systems and tricks to win be it pick 3/4/5 games or whatever. More likely they have heard all kinds of stories about people who have devised said methods and go to great lengths to pry that information out of people. Now all they need to do is read these threads and work around any method of said systems. be it by changing their procedures for the drawings. Ever notice how some people who come on lottery post with a winning system and it seems to work for days on end then all of the sudden it just seems to crap out. You think that's coincidence.

Lottery personal communicate there findings just like we do.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: June 20, 2006, 7:36 am - IP Logged

A few thoughts about the thread, that gets weirder by the minute:

1. Accusing Jack of being an "agent" for the state lotteries is so laughable that I really shouldn't even mention it, so I'm doing so only so that newbies don't get confused.
      2. I'm really confused when people say the lotteries make changes to their games in order to thwart peoples' winning systems.  Maybe someone could enlighten me as to what changes they could possibly make to thwart a system?  What, do they shine up the lottery balls 'specially shiney or something?  If someone could give me a concrete example of something a lottery has done to thwart players, I would be grateful.
      3. Yes, many state lottery representatives browse these forums, as they should.  Rather than thinking that they are somehow stealing vital information from the players, you guys (and gals) should be thankful that they are interested in what you are saying about their games.  We should be encouraging them to listen to us, rather than trying to throw up smoke screens to hide from them.  If you have concocted the "secret forumla" and don't want anyone to know, then don't post it on the public forums.  Doesn't that make sense?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Todd:

Thanks for the post.

Probably my opening post on this tread was too long, or maybe I didn't express myself as well as I should have:

•  Certainly there's no doubt the site is visited by members of the lottery organizations.  There's never been any subterfuge, never any secret about that.  It's entirely legitimate and anyone interested in seeing lottery operations succeed ought to wish for more, rather than less perusal of the site and consideration of the views of LP members.
        • Having said that, I've found myself asking whether there's not a darker side to the issue.  After thinking over something I've found mysterious from my early days here and the Alonzo Wright debacle, I wonder if the explanation for the acrimony, the pillorying of anyone who posts a hint, a claim that he/she has a system to beat the numbers.
        • I can understand anyone who chooses to believe the lotteries can't be beaten.  It's a legitimate side of the issue.
        • What I cannot understand is the venom, the calumnies some members choose to indulge in as expression of what they believe, directed at anyone who tosses out the opposing view as something possible.  What's the motive?  No one is slurring a religion.  No one is promoting the downfall of civilization.  No one is naming the ancestors of the disbelievers for what they probably were.
        • All they're doing is stating one of several beliefs.  They believe the numbers can be beaten.  Or they believe they have a system for beating them.
        • A reasonable response from a person who shares the interest in beating the lotteries:
        • "Prove it."
        • But that is almost never the way it goes.
        • Why would some LP members seem to believe they have an obligation to throw ice-water on any suggestion that lotteries might be beaten by a system?
        • Maybe they're here because, in fact, they do have that obligation to their employers.
        • I'm not saying it's true.  It might well not be.

Back when I used to have to give a lot of presentations somebody who was supposed to know what he was talking about gave me some advice:

• Tell them what you are going to say,
        • Say it,
        • Tell them what you said.

The above quote of my opening remarks will have to qualify as the 'Say it' piece of things.

Whether they steal systems isn't an issue for the provacateur notion.

Whether they have a place here, I acknowledge and applaud.

The issue is whether they also make their business to place individuals into position here to ridicule, minimize, hector and degrade people who announce they might have a system, or announce they want to try something that might beat the lotteries. 

Thereby, for the moment, putting themselves, or the potential of themselves, into the spotlight.

Gracias,

Jack

Egos don't count.

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:15 am - IP Logged

Yes,Todd,that's an interesting point you bring up in thought #2: What changes could they make to thwart people's systems? Assuming a system was found that worked,would the lotteries use the system and have the numbers predetermined before the drawing and then shoot out different numbers? Talk about a fixed game!! 

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Yes,Todd,that's an interesting point you bring up in thought #2: What changes could they make to thwart people's systems? Assuming a system was found that worked,would the lotteries use the system and have the numbers predetermined before the drawing and then shoot out different numbers? Talk about a fixed game!! 

What changes could they make to thwart people's systems?

Lottolaughs:

What they could do, and very possibly DO is attack people who suggest the lottery can be beaten, bait them, do everything in their power to suppress open-minded examination of the possibilities.

Several people here with long histories who are as intelligent as you are and I am believe they do this and have said so on this thread.

Take a look at the recent posts on the Lottery Systems Forum.  Some guy who calls himself morocco volunteered to test the EL system there, right out in the open started a thread about EL system with the announced intention of testing it for the Systems Forum users.

Raven, RJOH and Red Dog made it their business to throw in a lot of low level background sniping, instead of just hanging back and letting the guy fall on his face if he's going to.

That baiting an hectoring is something that happens a lot on that forum, as well as this one.

The pattern begins as you see there.  Then several others come in and the gang-rape begins and lasts until the person quits or leaves entirely.

Somehow that seems incongruous for a lottery systems forum.

It's possible those are just sorry people over there with bully mentalities.  I'm suggesting maybe there's another explanation.

Jack

Egos don't count.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
              The Carolinas - Charlotte
              United States
              Member #21627
              September 12, 2005
              4138 Posts
              Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I agree with you on #2 Todd. It is somewhat ridiculous if you think about it. Let's just say that there is a secret formula, so to speak. Now, say 25,000 people in one state have that formula. Isn't it true that we see numbers "sell out" every day in the state lotteries? That would suggest that if there are only 1,000 slots for a number, then the other 24,000 will lose out if they don't get their tickets early enough. That "sell out" cut-off point is designed to keep the lotteries in the black. Therefore, there is nothing that the ordinary system player can do to prevent the lottery from profiting each and every drawing.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Lottolaughs:

What they could do, and very possibly DO is attack people who suggest the lottery can be beaten, bait them, do everything in their power to suppress open-minded examination of the possibilities.

Several people here with long histories who are as intelligent as you are and I am believe they do this and have said so on this thread.

Jack

Fortunately, Jack, you and I and many others on this board have enough passion and thick skin to thwart off their thwarts. If someone attacks you, or me, or whomever, not only do we not give a you-know-what because we are looking for that magic formula, but the real minds of the board come to bash the bashers. Agreed?

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Jack: Those are all very interesting and perfectly valid thoughts.  You raise some thoughtful questions, and I would love to hear what others have to say on this topic.  In a perfect world, people from the state lotteries would make themselves heard on this issue, if only to comfort those who feel they are too distant and mysterious.

lottolaughs: Are you suggesting that the lotteries somehow pre-determine which numbers are going to be drawn?  I suppose if you want to think in terms of what is reasonably possible, then I would be more suspicious of computerized drawings, because as I've said many, many times before, I believe it is possible (not probable, but possible) that a computerized system could be tampered with without anyone knowing about it.  However, I do not believe that lottery ball drawings could be successfully rigged these days for any lottery that conducts pre-draws.

There was a nice story I posted in the News back in February about how the GA Lottery conducts their drawings and security.  Unfortunately it looks like the TV News website that had the video report does not have it online anymore, but you can still read the report: http://www.lotterypost.com/news/128525.htm

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Lottolaughs:

Jack

Fortunately, Jack, you and I and many others on this board have enough passion and thick skin to thwart off their thwarts. If someone attacks you, or me, or whomever, not only do we not give a you-know-what because we are looking for that magic formula, but the real minds of the board come to bash the bashers. Agreed?

There is that.

But we don't always do it.  We can't be everywhere at once.

And we damned well shouldn't have to do it at all.

The question goes back to why it's needed.  The question is what motivates these baiters.

Examining that question is the object of this thread.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7712 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:37 am - IP Logged

I Agree!          Totally!

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23260 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Jack: I don't know why people so viciously attack other people with different theories.  In the past I have had to suspend memberships because they did nothing but attack other people's theories. 

I don't believe it is the minions of the state lotteries doing it, but I have an open mind about it.  In many cases, I have found the personalities of the people doing the attacking tend to fit a certain type:  arrogance, stubbornness, and ignorance.

The last trait, ignorance, is important because I personally feel that people who are truly enlightened and knowledgeable know with absolute certainty that they do not know everything.  The more they learn, the more they realize they don't know it all.  Hence, in my opinion, enlightened people tend to be more open-minded.

"Tip of the day" LOL

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:47 am - IP Logged

Jack: I don't know why people so viciously attack other people with different theories.  In the past I have had to suspend memberships because they did nothing but attack other people's theories. 

I don't believe it is the minions of the state lotteries doing it, but I have an open mind about it.  In many cases, I have found the personalities of the people doing the attacking tend to fit a certain type:  arrogance, stubbornness, and ignorance.

The last trait, ignorance, is important because I personally feel that people who are truly enlightened and knowledgeable know with absolute certainty that they do not know everything.  The more they learn, the more they realize they don't know it all.  Hence, in my opinion, enlightened people tend to be more open-minded.

"Tip of the day" LOL

Todd:

You got me laughing.

arrogance, stubbornness, and ignorance

All I can say to argue against what you've said is that there's no one on this board more arrogant, stubborn and ignorant than me.  I'll take second place to no man on those.

But I'm not attacking anyone who tosses out any thoughts, ideas, systems, processes that might help win lotteries.

Jack

Egos don't count.

United States
                            Member #21627
                            September 12, 2005
                            4138 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:47 am - IP Logged

I couldn't agree more with that opinion, Todd.

Stooges

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: June 20, 2006, 9:48 am - IP Logged

ME TOO!! ROFLSmash