Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Store clerk judging you.

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 9 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever had the feeling the store clerk was judging you?

Yes [ 50 ]  [34.01%]
no [ 24 ]  [16.33%]
maybe [ 6 ]  [4.08%]
always [ 3 ]  [2.04%]
who cares [ 64 ]  [43.54%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2007, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I hate when clerks give me that look, but on one incident it went way too far.

As I was purchasing my tickets, the clerk told me that I was wasting my money, and I told him to mind his own business. I guess he woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

He took out a 12 guage sawed off shot gun and shot me square in the middle of my forehead, just 2 inches away. Thank God the pellets missed my brain. Unfortunately my face now looks like swiss cheese.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: February 19, 2007, 10:27 am - IP Logged

This 1 store i use 2 go 2,i would have

my #'s already filled out on my slip,

which normally be about 6 slips,when

customers come in the store he would

hold my slips n wait on every last 

customer while I'm standing there

arguing with him 4 not acknowledging me being there,meanwhile

the time on the ca$h3 is about 2 run

out,he was only able 2 play 3 of my

6 slips that i gave him...2 make a long

story short i reported him as well as

other ca$h3 players did 2 the GA lottery,

n they in turn pulled the lottery machine

from that store!!!!!!

I am so glad you report him. That was flat wrong.

I  will have customers who are so dang slow with making purchases., they get nervous because of the line behind them.  I tell them not to worry, they were there first.  I wouldn't care if they stood there and bought the who store one piece at a time.  They were there first.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2007, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

The store clearks that I buy my tickets from do not judge me.

They know me and they know that I can afford it, and furthermore, some of the girls like for me to scratch the tickets in the store because they know if I have a good hit ( >$50.00 ) that they usually will get a $5 tip . Not because they did anything special, I just like giving money to certain people.

I like to think I'm a nice guy and I just enjoy giving....

This is one reason why I would like to hit the big one- so I can spread the joy around a bit

(but not Jack Whittaker style)...

DD

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

The store clearks that I buy my tickets from do not judge me.

They know me and they know that I can afford it, and furthermore, some of the girls like for me to scratch the tickets in the store because they know if I have a good hit ( >$50.00 ) that they usually will get a $5 tip . Not because they did anything special, I just like giving money to certain people.

I like to think I'm a nice guy and I just enjoy giving....

This is one reason why I would like to hit the big one- so I can spread the joy around a bit

(but not Jack Whittaker style)...

DD

I Agree!

I start being generous when it gets over $500.00

LOL jarasan

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2007, 2:19 am - IP Logged

i paid a clerk 20 dollars when i hit a pick 3 number ten times.she had a hard time believing i had actually won 5 grand.i considered her good luck after i won.she was one of the few who didn't bitch when they had to run the slip through the machine ten times....

Coastal Georgia
            United States
            Member #2653
            October 30, 2003
            1866 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2007, 9:10 am - IP Logged

i paid a clerk 20 dollars when i hit a pick 3 number ten times.she had a hard time believing i had actually won 5 grand.i considered her good luck after i won.she was one of the few who didn't bitch when they had to run the slip through the machine ten times....

That's what it's all about, Mike.

When we get the eyes rolling, sighing, general expressions of "I hate the lotto" from the clerks, we remember them.

When we get treated with respect and the clerks are friendly and helpful, we remember that too.

Come to think of it, this is true for interaction with others every day,  isn't it ?

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              Gurnee, Illinois
              United States
              Member #49731
              February 12, 2007
              917 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I'm a c-store manager,my people have a ball selling them ... partly because we are all into the lottery ... but about 90% of my regulars have won something so we think the suckers are those who leave without a ticket !!!

I largely only play at stores where the owners/clerks are enthusiastic to sell lottery tickets...I guess when you play at border stores, that goes with the territory as they know the majority of people who come in are there to play the lottery.  My only reason to stop at a convenience store is to buy gas and lottery tickets...if a C-store doesn't offer lotto and I still have enough gas to make it to another C-store, I put my car in drive and go there to knock out two birds with one stone so to speak.  Of course, one of my fav C-store doesn't even sell gas, so I only buy lottery tickets there...I'm not stupid to pay extra for stuff like milk, etc.  I'm just stupid enough to buy lottery tickets...of course, no one ever calls a jackpot winner stupid...unless that jackpot winner's name happens to be J.....  (see I don't even have to say it...u all already know who I am talking about!).

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                Gurnee, Illinois
                United States
                Member #49731
                February 12, 2007
                917 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2007, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

I hate when clerks give me that look, but on one incident it went way too far.

As I was purchasing my tickets, the clerk told me that I was wasting my money, and I told him to mind his own business. I guess he woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

He took out a 12 guage sawed off shot gun and shot me square in the middle of my forehead, just 2 inches away. Thank God the pellets missed my brain. Unfortunately my face now looks like swiss cheese.

You gotta be joking!  I actually started laughing when I read the last paragraph just because I find it so unbelievable!  But if it is true...Damn!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2007, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

You gotta be joking!  I actually started laughing when I read the last paragraph just because I find it so unbelievable!  But if it is true...Damn!

Yeah! It's hard to drink liquids, because most of what I drink just comes out of the holes. I have to use plugs If I want to stay hydrated.

I go through a lot of shirts in a day.

Since that eventfull day I have become very holy....

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2007, 7:55 am - IP Logged

yes double down i definitely agree.i had an experience at a fast food joint the other day that really floored me.i told the clerk thank you after she gave me my food and she looked at me crazy and slammed the window in my face.i went in and asked what the problem was in front of the manager and he smiled weakly and said and i quote.."you know how these kids are these days."  i'm 32 myself but i already see a huge difference in my generation and these kids now.i do try to say please or thank you.the silent treatment or a slammed window in my face and you've lost my business.i don't need that kind of service.

china
                      United States
                      Member #50326
                      March 3, 2007
                      33 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2007, 9:33 am - IP Logged

One trip to a bp station the mega millions was up really high and I played $43 worth tickets for my group the clerk rolled her eyes at me held my betslips up high so that all of the other clerks could see them.Two other clerks came over and watched her run them through the machine like they were amazed at such a large total.Then one of them shouted," You need to go to gamblers anonymous cause you got a problem".When I told them they were for a group they seemed to act a bit better.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                        Member #50124
                        February 26, 2007
                        601 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2007, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

One trip to a bp station the mega millions was up really high and I played $43 worth tickets for my group the clerk rolled her eyes at me held my betslips up high so that all of the other clerks could see them.Two other clerks came over and watched her run them through the machine like they were amazed at such a large total.Then one of them shouted," You need to go to gamblers anonymous cause you got a problem".When I told them they were for a group they seemed to act a bit better.

Why do you owe her an explanation?

That would have really ticked me off.  I'd probably have said something like "You need to go to psycho-skank anonymous, cuz you got a bigger problem."  And I probably would have written a complaint letter to their corporate office telling them I would be making all my purchases at a different store until they trained their employees to do their jobs without deliberately offending customers. 

United States
                          Member #28453
                          December 16, 2005
                          10 Posts
                          Posted: May 2, 2007, 9:33 am - IP Logged

The next time you walk into that store, make a REALLY BIG STINK TO THE MANAGER....If you feel or suspect that the manager is somehow encouraging this kind of behavior, go Higher up.

Tell them this: I was rudely treated by your store clerks who tried to denigrate me and my purchases at your store. If someone came in here and bought a 24 pack of beer, do you think they would hold that up in the air for all to see, and then proclaim loudly that I need to seek AA?

Tell those ^%$%^%&^# people MY MONEY PAYS YOUR CHECK! and if you do win....tell the lottery commision about your horrible treatment over there.

So that they can make them sweat it out a whole lot before they get their "winning store" check...

it is our hope that their "winning store" check will be conviently lost in the mail.

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            hesperia ca
                            United States
                            Member #51533
                            April 13, 2007
                            44 Posts
                            Posted: May 2, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I think I always get those looks but who the hell cares!! + i used to always be the person saying "man when I win the lottery I am going to ...." but i never played !!! until this year i said I am going to play. and now when i have fantasy's of wining I actualy think I might just win!!!

I bet those clerks wont be eye balling anyone who wins.....Jester so yea they eye ball me but its okay

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                              hesperia ca
                              United States
                              Member #51533
                              April 13, 2007
                              44 Posts
                              Posted: May 2, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

I think I always get those looks but who the hell cares!! + i used to always be the person saying "man when I win the lottery I am going to ...." but i never played !!! until this year i said I am going to play. and now when i have fantasy's of wining I actualy think I might just win!!!

I bet those clerks wont be eye balling anyone who wins.....Jester so yea they eye ball me but its okay

Page 9 of 10