Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Store clerk judging you.

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 4 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever had the feeling the store clerk was judging you?

Yes [ 50 ]  [34.01%]
no [ 24 ]  [16.33%]
maybe [ 6 ]  [4.08%]
always [ 3 ]  [2.04%]
who cares [ 64 ]  [43.54%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2006, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Seems dishonest at the very least.

I have to agree.  I've never heard of such a thing.  If I thought a store was expecting kickbacks from my wins I wouldn't play there.

If I have to unclog someone's toilet, I'm not expecting a tip.  It's part of my job.  Waitresses should be tipped because they are making half (or less) of minimum wage.  

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2006, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

My vote is yes because if I win something, I'll remind the clerk right away.

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

My vote is yes because if I win something, I'll remind the clerk right away.

Remind the clerk what -- to judge you ?

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

I know certain store clerks that will tell me what is hot and what is not regarding scratchers.

I have a habit of tipping them at least a $5 or $10 depending on the win.

They appreciate it as much as I appreciated their "tips"

DD 

That is what I am talking about..  tips for Tips...

Or nothing for nothing..

It isn't wrong.. All fair, in giving and giving..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Who tips at a conveniant store? What?

Anyone who wants tips will tip.. lol

It only makes sense..

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Seems dishonest at the very least.

What is dishonest about it?

You come into store..  You are a nontipper..  I ask , "May I help you?" You tell me what you want.. pay and leave.. lose or win.. I say nothing about the games.

You come into the store.. You are a known tipper,  I ask, "What will it be?  The Jumbos have been hit... and the Fast Fifties are ripe..?"  You tell me which... I give to you.. You win, you tip for the tip... All fair.. Nothing dishonest there..

Regardless where you shop, if you show kindness you get more than you ask for.. If you don't, you get the service only.. Nothing extras..

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I have to agree.  I've never heard of such a thing.  If I thought a store was expecting kickbacks from my wins I wouldn't play there.

If I have to unclog someone's toilet, I'm not expecting a tip.  It's part of my job.  Waitresses should be tipped because they are making half (or less) of minimum wage.  

Oh everyone I wait on gets service.. Just not tips... Only the tippers get the tips.. Why would I give tips to the nontippers.. That would be crazy..

Some clerks may even keep the tips to themselves and play what is due to hit and let someone else get it ripe for them.. That is dishonest..

I dont scratch on the job.. (However, I am not an everyday scratcher.. they are for suckers to play daily.. I only play 2-3 times a month..

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

my answer is YES.i had a feeling just by the way a clerk would watch me walk up with a play slip that before i got to the counter i knew by the look i got weather or not they would run my play slip.sometimes i would get excuses like the machine is down,etc,etc. so one day i casually asked for the manager.when the manager came to the front i told her that the clerk was telling me the machine was down every day around four in the afternoon when i came in and that i was going to call the lottery commission and complain and ask them to go ahead and just remove the machines since the weren't being used.the manager said i could've played my slips.so i told her no i couldn't since the ignorant dummy running the register kept making excuses and so then the clerk was told she better run my playslip from now on.needless to say it was a major retail gas station and i just started going to a mom and pop store.i was finally glad when betslips came along so i no longer had to deal with rude clerks.

This is so unbelievable that the clerk didn't want to run the playslips.. I am glad to see someone coming with the slips filled out to run.. A lot of our customers expect you to run certain numbers for them without the slip..That is time consuming.. however, no problem for those tippers.. lol..

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2006, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Hey,  If you were called to my house to unclog the toliet and you were nice and friendly and not messy, you would receive a tip from me..

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                    United States
                    Member #520
                    July 27, 2002
                    5699 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2006, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Hey,  If you were called to my house to unclog the toliet and you were nice and friendly and not messy, you would receive a tip from me..

I wouldn't expect it or accept it and my level of service and response would be exactly the same as the next person.

Customer service should apply equally to all whether they tip you or not (again, with the exception of wait-service employees whose income depend on tips).

Preferred customer service is equivalent to bad customer service in the mind of other customers.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31369 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2006, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't expect it or accept it and my level of service and response would be exactly the same as the next person.

Customer service should apply equally to all whether they tip you or not (again, with the exception of wait-service employees whose income depend on tips).

Preferred customer service is equivalent to bad customer service in the mind of other customers.

rick - had a new a/c unit put in a couple of weeks ago.  took them a long time - fine job.  tried to give the 2 men a tip - they refused - told me it's their job.

love to nibble those micey feet.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2006, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

rick - had a new a/c unit put in a couple of weeks ago.  took them a long time - fine job.  tried to give the 2 men a tip - they refused - told me it's their job.

Those are my kind of guys.  I've had many people trying to shove $20 into my shirt pocket and have refused until sometimes they are so insistent that I would be insulting them if I continued refusing.  Either way the customer is always right and not beholden for the services you render.

EDIT:  PS....I'm sure you have come into that situation as a nurse as well.  I know my wife did.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2006, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Those are my kind of guys.  I've had many people trying to shove $20 into my shirt pocket and have refused until sometimes they are so insistent that I would be insulting them if I continued refusing.  Either way the customer is always right and not beholden for the services you render.

EDIT:  PS....I'm sure you have come into that situation as a nurse as well.  I know my wife did.

They must be European. Anyone who works in service I believe is eligible for a tip, especially if they don't own the business providing the service, like hotels, tire changers, valets, clerks, moving people, the trashmen at Christmas, the mailman, bartenders, your hair person, the paperboy, the babysitter etc. you know what minimum wage is, it is bad, I prefer to tip than pay taxes, at least I know where my darn  money is going! It helps, trust me. Anyone who turns a tip down doesn't need it and thinks you need it more than they do.

lol  jarasanUS Flag

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
                            Winchester, Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #42711
                            July 7, 2006
                            1201 Posts
                            Posted: November 15, 2006, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Anyone who wants tips will tip.. lol

It only makes sense..

I just have never heard of it before,,,,,,,,, Confused,,,,,,never have seen someone tip the man behind the counter,,,,

Hmm 

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: November 15, 2006, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

They must be European. Anyone who works in service I believe is eligible for a tip, especially if they don't own the business providing the service, like hotels, tire changers, valets, clerks, moving people, the trashmen at Christmas, the mailman, bartenders, your hair person, the paperboy, the babysitter etc. you know what minimum wage is, it is bad, I prefer to tip than pay taxes, at least I know where my darn  money is going! It helps, trust me. Anyone who turns a tip down doesn't need it and thinks you need it more than they do.

lol  jarasanUS Flag

Your last sentence, "Anyone who turns a tip down doesn't need it and thinks you need it more than they do."  is insulting.

no lol here.

Page 4 of 10