Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Store clerk judging you.

Topic closed. 136 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 7 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Have you ever had the feeling the store clerk was judging you?

Yes [ 50 ]  [34.01%]
no [ 24 ]  [16.33%]
maybe [ 6 ]  [4.08%]
always [ 3 ]  [2.04%]
who cares [ 64 ]  [43.54%]
Total Valid Votes [ 147 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: November 19, 2006, 8:50 am - IP Logged

This I have seen, in one particular On the Run, the people working the registers and lottery scratching away at a particular game.  Another thing they do is when there is a promotion on package or something like that they take all the sticky things that are on the packages, customers don't get to play. This place is the exception to the rule in the area I'm in,  but when you mentioned it, it struck a chord, it never dawned on me since I don't play scratchies often, what they were up to.

LOL jarasan Turkey

PS. Someone who plays scratchies a lot, told me, look at the serial numbers and try to get them ending in 0. 

I have customers who will only play tickets ending in 5..

some will play only those that are odd numbers on the roll..

Some will not play if the numbers are before  40...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: November 19, 2006, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I have customers who will only play tickets ending in 5..

some will play only those that are odd numbers on the roll..

Some will not play if the numbers are before  40...

If nothing else, this discussion has been enlightening.

It sounds like there is as much a "science" to playing scratch-offs as there is to the daily games.  Who woulda thunk it?  Whole new avenue to explore!

Still glad I don't play 'em though.  Odds stink no matter what you do.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2006, 9:25 am - IP Logged

If nothing else, this discussion has been enlightening.

It sounds like there is as much a "science" to playing scratch-offs as there is to the daily games.  Who woulda thunk it?  Whole new avenue to explore!

Still glad I don't play 'em though.  Odds stink no matter what you do.

The odds on the back of these things say like 1 : 4.62 has a prize, yeah right, I've bought 10 - 20 tickets of the same game purporting these odds, and got a goose egg on more than one occasion,  testing the validity of the odds. This type of experiment with the scratchies is what led me away from playing them. I am curious, what is the common house keep, and the payout, because if people knew these numbers they would be better informed.  MD posts the games' remaining prizes and expirations on their website. 

NMS (no mas scratchy) jarasan

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3055 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2006, 10:01 am - IP Logged

The odds on the back of these things say like 1 : 4.62 has a prize, yeah right, I've bought 10 - 20 tickets of the same game purporting these odds, and got a goose egg on more than one occasion,  testing the validity of the odds. This type of experiment with the scratchies is what led me away from playing them. I am curious, what is the common house keep, and the payout, because if people knew these numbers they would be better informed.  MD posts the games' remaining prizes and expirations on their website. 

NMS (no mas scratchy) jarasan

Jarasan the funny thing about those odds.  They are how many winners average over the amount of tickets printed and a lot of people think that they are if you buy 4 or 5 tickets you should have at least one winner but that is not the case.  The odds are computed by the number of winning scratch-its versus how many tickets are made for that game.  So you can see how you could buy $20 worth of $1 tickets and only get like 5 winning tickets.-weshar75

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: November 19, 2006, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Jarasan the funny thing about those odds.  They are how many winners average over the amount of tickets printed and a lot of people think that they are if you buy 4 or 5 tickets you should have at least one winner but that is not the case.  The odds are computed by the number of winning scratch-its versus how many tickets are made for that game.  So you can see how you could buy $20 worth of $1 tickets and only get like 5 winning tickets.-weshar75

What I've seen is: I've bought 10+, 20+ tickets of the same game, and not had a single prize, not a one. On the other hand I have a friend who bought 1 $5 Mucho Dinero in MD. 2 months ago, it had 10 x $100 prizes for a $1000 total go figure, I scratched my head and said dang! good pull.

AITIOT (all it takes is one ticket) jarasanBanana

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: November 19, 2006, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

When the delivery guys delivered the wide screen tv for hubby's birthday in July,  I gave them both a $20 tip for coming in and getting the job done quickly so that I could surprise him.

I just said, "Thank you very , very much for helping me with this surprise,  I would like for each of you to have lunch on me.."  They took it and said, "thanks.. we sure will.."

What?That is neither Here and There and is irrelevant to you steering your tippers to winning lottery tickets.  What you are doing is wrong and there are no ifs ands or buts about it.

takeemtothebank

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31363 Posts
              Posted: November 19, 2006, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

m.twain

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: November 19, 2006, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

m.twain

Agree~

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: November 19, 2006, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

What?That is neither Here and There and is irrelevant to you steering your tippers to winning lottery tickets.  What you are doing is wrong and there are no ifs ands or buts about it.

You have completely missed the boat again.. Please read Emily's Mark Twain Post.. Good lesson there..

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2006, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

What I've seen is: I've bought 10+, 20+ tickets of the same game, and not had a single prize, not a one. On the other hand I have a friend who bought 1 $5 Mucho Dinero in MD. 2 months ago, it had 10 x $100 prizes for a $1000 total go figure, I scratched my head and said dang! good pull.

AITIOT (all it takes is one ticket) jarasanBanana

I have seen 20 losers in a row.. and up to 10 winners in a row...

So is its gambling my friends...

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31363 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2006, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Janet - i agree!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                        Charlotte NC
                        United States
                        Member #17406
                        June 18, 2005
                        4053 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2006, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

You have completely missed the boat again.. Please read Emily's Mark Twain Post.. Good lesson there..

ROFLEmily was talking about you not keeping you big mouth shut about what you are doing.  Talking about missing the boat.  You didn't know one was sailing. geeWhat?

takeemtothebank

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2006, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

Janet - i agree!

You too..

Well at least Janet isn't alone.. 

Did anyone on LP get on the boat????

Just kidding,, I know there are some who are literate.

Now the problem must be that you are missing a few pages.. Probably because they weren't address to you two.  Maybe someone can point it out to you.. I suggest starting at the begin of this thread and reading word for word.. and you will see why the tipping of the delivery men was even brought up.. It doesn't have anything to do with the lottery.. I was talking with someone else about something else.

At least I know what I am talking about when I open my mouth..

I knew Emily was making a slur at me with the Mark Twain remark.. however it sure fit  the remarks of "That is neither here or there... lol" and  then after making the quote,  Emily has to relieve all doubts as well.. 

Hey.. have a good one.. I always do..

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2006, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

ROFLEmily was talking about you not keeping you big mouth shut about what you are doing.  Talking about missing the boat.  You didn't know one was sailing. geeWhat?

You is a pronoun...

Your is a possessive pronoun..

Guess Mark Twain had some good points there..  Water Skier  Just tag along and reread the post... 

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31363 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2006, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

You is a pronoun...

Your is a possessive pronoun..

Guess Mark Twain had some good points there..  Water Skier  Just tag along and reread the post... 

For your info - since you know English so well - ludicrous - not the way you spelled it.

Page 7 of 10