Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you do if you won 10 Billion dollars..

Topic closed. 159 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 8 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
Lotto City, Michigan
United States
Member #36256
March 30, 2006
1472 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2007, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Whether you win 1 dollar or 10 billion dollars, the change you can make [on the world] is limited.

Like the bible says, "the devil is the prince of this world". (John 12:31)

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2007, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

You are right lotterologist....That's what puts my efforts all on the floor...The idea that the devil is the prince of this world....That even if you fix the world, there will always be evil in it...

I sometimes can see it...

Because i believe we can solve all of the world problems...But the biggest problem of them all is evil...

And you may disagree with me, but women have the capacity to change this world too, but they don't do it...Women are every man's half...

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich...."          "She is so rare....."

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
      Lotto City, Michigan
      United States
      Member #36256
      March 30, 2006
      1472 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2007, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck! Thumbs Up

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2007, 1:38 am - IP Logged

how i would try & help people?

If i had 10 Billion dollars, i would also set aside 1 billion and a half, for rewards to those who find the cure to a disease/illness, specially major diseases....I would for example offer 20 million dollars for the person that finds the cure to "herpes", 25 million for the person that finds the cure to clamedya...Between 20 & 25 million for major diseases, though for cancer & aids (which i call super diseases) will be something like 60-65 million dollars (all after taxes and not before taxes)....Samething goes for genetically diseases...Depend on how many lives the disease claims a year that it will get the respective quantity/money/amount...The diseases that claim the less amount of lives a year will get less of a reward, respectively....To each according to the amount of lives they claim a year....

I've been told that with millions of dollars, you get higher earned interest on money, and i am speculating like 8% or 10%...So before i spend my 10 billion dollars on my projects i will put it in the bank and wait 10 to 13 years and then i shall have double the my money, what i saved and what i have in the bank; a total of 20 Billion dollars...Then i will use the first 10 Billion dollars on my project while the other 10 Billion dollars (not including tax), i will put it in the bank and live off of 10% of the earned interest money, and the rest will go to saving it (another 10 or 13 years).... 

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."      "She is so rare....."

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49835 Posts
          Posted: March 18, 2007, 11:52 am - IP Logged

If you did Win 10 Billion Dollars: You'd instantly join an elite group of people:

Of all the 946 billionaires in the world, 60 percent made their money from scratch. Think about that. The majority of the world’s billionaires once had just as much money in their bank account as you do (or less!). They took what little they had, sunk it all into that product, or service, or midnight notion and built it into a fortune. For all the talk about how unfair the world is, it turns out that pure gumption can be more important than family connections.

Now, that doesn’t mean that just anybody can become a billionaire, or that the process of becoming one is always fair and square. In the first place you have to have enormous concentration and energy. It’s not for nothing that so many of the new billionaires are under 50; it’s very hard to sustain the kind of output necessary to amass so much wealth unless you’re relatively young.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2007, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I also would then create something similar to "American Idol" but it will be for exceptionally beautiful women...I would have the website set up for it too...Contestants must be beautiful face wise an exceptionally body wise...They will win like 75K, College scholarships, Houses, Cars, etc....I think of this as one of y pet projects...There will be 1st, 2n, an 3r price...YOu don't know how much i love exceptionally beautiful women and will like to see them sucessful or with money (lots of them find themselves boyfriend and in less than 2 years get pregnant)...I will feel better inside if i do this, than if i bought myself 18 exotic cars..Contestants will be classified by race or ethnicities, an classified [i might be pushing it) accoring to hair an skin color...An i still don't know how i will do this for I myself will be the judge, no one else...But i may have to select a team and teach them how i view beauty an what i am looking for....And i would be worry that they may call me a racist or prejudice or biased...I may take 100 million for this and i will take another 100 million and invest it and the revenue will go to pay for this pageant (i call it biased pageant)....[I do this with myspace.com when i am bored...I would look at 3K pictures of women and i will select the number 1, 2 & 3 most beautiful women, i would then send them an email and tell them that they won a beauty pageant through my eyes...)[Sometimes i only select 1, sometimes 5, but no more than 5)...I will ask contestants to send pictures months in advanced and email to contact them....)

I would also put telescopes around the world but only if they cost less than 20 millions to build....An they will be use to scan the heavens [the automatic ones)...Because i hear that less than 2% of the sky is scaned for potential mile-long size asteroids...This asteroids could pose a threat to Earth...ONe of them could wipe us all out...

"Laura Simpson from GReat Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich...."              "She is so rare..."

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: March 18, 2007, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Also i would set aside 100 million dollars and it will go for another "Bible American Idol" but this one will not be for singing but to know who knows the Bible by heart or most of the Bible, they don't have to recite it but we will ask questions about what is about and we will also ask very famous verses to see if she/he knows the Bible...The winners will win 100K, 75K, a car, House, etc....I will have that website set up too...I will have this set up all around the world....Whoever knows the Bible by heart will win 400K....I will take another 100 million invest it and the money will go to sponsor this "Bible American Idol".....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich...."              "She is so rare....."

EAST COAST, USA
                United States
                Member #49428
                January 31, 2007
                553 Posts
                Posted: March 18, 2007, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Nothing.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31369 Posts
                  Posted: March 18, 2007, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Nothing.

Yes.  ROFL

love to nibble those micey feet.

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: March 19, 2007, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I would also pour millions into sponsoring genetic ingeneering...Specially i am going to pour money into finding something that will help people change their race or pigmentacion...Something like a pill that someone will take and will change that person into the race/ethnicity he/she desire...Not that i want to change my race but i feel that if we all look alike or if it was easy to become white or arab, or black the world will be a better place and there will be world peace...Even if i don´t succeed i will be the father of something that tried to unite the world...I think finding the way to change one race by taking one pill, will be the biggest discovery in the history of mankind, more so than if they found alliens...You will be able to change your race at will from one week to the next....

I will also pour millions or hundreds of millions into genetic ingeneering....

´"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich....."        "She is so rare...."

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: March 19, 2007, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I will also pour millions so that they replace/change the street night light post's bulb from yellow to white but an incadescent or bright, or neon white....so that the streets at night will look white and not yellow....The yellow light bulbs don't shine that bright and the streets are poorly shined...i will do this in the American Continent (the Americas) and in Africa....And if the white bulbs don't last as long as the yellow bulbs i will sponsor research and put a reward so someone can invent a white bulb that will last as long as the yellow ones....Currently all streets light post have yellow light bulbs...

I might have to bribe governments, lobby them or light companies into putting this white colored bulbs...

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."      "She is so rare..."

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: March 19, 2007, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

I'd build a huge bon fire using the money as fuel.All of it.

Then I would drive to the store and buy one lottery ticket.

EAST COAST, USA
                          United States
                          Member #49428
                          January 31, 2007
                          553 Posts
                          Posted: March 19, 2007, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

I'd build a huge bon fire using the money as fuel.All of it.

Then I would drive to the store and buy one lottery ticket.

ROFL

Pac you sooooo Krazy!

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: March 19, 2007, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I shouldn't be joking about something like that.

It's against the law to deface or destroy government property.

I think I'm safe at the moment. They'll be no burning of currency any time soon. Not even the thought of it....LOL 

P.S. Is it legal to burn losing tickets?

EAST COAST, USA
                              United States
                              Member #49428
                              January 31, 2007
                              553 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Actually, I shouldn't be joking about something like that.

It's against the law to deface or destroy government property.

I think I'm safe at the moment. They'll be no burning of currency any time soon. Not even the thought of it....LOL 

P.S. Is it legal to burn losing tickets?

Of course we all know that you're joking!  But about the lotterry tickets...well...burn baby burn!

Page 8 of 11