Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you do if you won 10 Billion dollars..

Topic closed. 159 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Elizabeth03.

Page 9 of 11
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2007, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I would also try and help the homeless of my country Panama...And i will pour millions into helping people that have inventions....Just the same way colleges have college grants, inventions will have invention's grants...And i will try and encourage kids/people with inventions (stuff that can make the world easier or will have big impact on other people...).....Same thing will go for people that have innovatives ideas theoretically in the areas (also research in the respective areas) of physics, mathematics, computer science, Algorithms, number theory, lotto configuration, etc...

I would also pour money into bio-chemistry and I will pour money into research of this area of biochemistry (lots of money into it) and i will offer rewards to students that know how to solve old questions in the biochemistry field....I think i will offer grants and scholarships for this field (but only in developing countries)....And i will also have the website set up...

The changing light bulbs will be the last project of them all....

"More important than winning the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet..."....

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2007, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

I would also pour money into research to find the cure for blindness....I would offer a high rewards for those who find the cure for all sorts of blindness illnesses...Because no one should have to suffer from this disease...I think i would offer scholarships and grants (i will set aside money for it) to those who want to study the disease (you will have to sign an agreement)....I would set aside money for those people that suffer the disease so they can be on a sort of disability and if i can offer them disability, i'll offer them like grants...I will also have the website set up for this....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."        "She is so rare...."

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #46570
      September 14, 2006
      558 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2007, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Interesting.... Well..with that kind of money, you can buy any material object you can think of.  'Things' alone can not satisfy you for long... you'd get bored of any car, home or anything else you can imagine in a short time after the novelty wears off.

Here's what I propose...  INVENTION, CREATIVITY and INGENUITY..

I would hire the brightest minds in all fields, aquire all the resources I would need and start creating new innovative inventions to improve the quality of everyones lives. Basically jump start the invention revolution.

That includes cars that DON'T run on gasoline,better means of transportation, controlling the damaging effects thats destroying our environment with greenhouse gases and find cures for diseases..just to name a few. I believe there is too much polital red tape and corruption that stops alot of progress that can be made. I would stop that corruption should it ever interfere with any progress I can ever make. It's not about money, it's about future generations that will live in the wake of our greed and carelessness in everything we do today.

I would find more joy in helping others than just being greedy and keeping it all for myself. After helping someone in need, it will always make you happy. Even giving a few dollars to someone in need has the same effect as giving away millions to a charity. It's our human nature and heart to help one another..well..most people anyways.

freeport bahamas
        Bahamas
        Member #46427
        September 10, 2006
        63 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2007, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

well first of all, if you won it you would need to go to a clinc and check yourself, you cannot force anything on anyone, you and your three churchs,, thats rapeing poeples freedom of choice,, mind you a lot of people make bad choices in life and thats why our prisons are full of them,, and  although it affects a lot  of people its their right,,just as the goverment has laws for you  to follow and if they are broken,, you will be  put away,,,but no one ,,,....weather they have one cent ,,,,or one billion much less ten has the right to force christian beliefs on anyone,,,,,now if i won a million  dollers much less  ten,,, i would claim amniesa for my self and get lost,,,, and for those who think bad things about me and call me all those names just put billionaire behind it,,,,,,ok  like  hey,,  you '' fudder  mucking  billionaire""""and to all those great people on lottery post i would send them $20 a month for the rest of their lives,,,but todd would get $100 for creating such a great post,,,Cool

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2007, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

I would also pour money into bribing governments into making the second language in their countries to be English, Spanish,....Specially i would talk to African countries into making their primary or secondary language be English, or Spanish (maybe French) (and no more than that) ....I would form a panel of Linguist, people that write the dictionaries, and related experts in related subjects into changing or making the words of their respective language and dictionary be more related to Spanish, or English (maybe French)...

I would create all sorts of free websites on each country encouraging people to speak 1 language or the 3 most popular ones..I would load the websites with games & exercises that help people improve their language skills and help them learn or improve English or Spanish...I think i will offer games where people win money for knowing English/Spanish/French words (maybe i may not do it)..

We will try to make people learn to speak a Universal language or the 2/3 most universal languages....

I would also talk and lobby internet service provides and legislations involving the internet that will make the internet more accessible to the rest of the world...Not only internet service providers but people that build computers, because not everyone in the world has access to a computer...I may open a TON of huge internet cafe in every country...To promote the use of the internet and make people have access to the internet and the whole world be connected....All this with the goal in mind to make the Internet Grow....

"Laura Simpson from Navy Federal Credit Union in Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich...."          "She is so rare...."

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2007, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I'd force the whole world to learn chinese, and make everyone eat porcupine feathers.MMMMM!

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7713 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2007, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably renew my subscription to "People" magazine. It's just gotten too darn expensive lately.

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2007, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Pumpi, I hope you win 10 billion dollars so I can come to you with a scientific study that needs funding.

Doesn't have to make any sense, just needs about $ 20 million dollars to get the project off the ground. Sounds like ( IF I am interpreting your posts right) you will be an easy mark  err..... you will be game for dam near anything that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Perhaps my study will be why a gallon of milk costs more than a gallon of gas, but the flatulence created to supply the milk produces more gas than refineries can handle...

Anyway, that sounds like a worthwhile waste  err....use of about $20 million or so, agree ???

I will give you this, you have a very vivid imagination.....

DD

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                  Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2007, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Re:  Scientific Research

DoubleDown, why aren't there any grapes or nuts in a cereal called GrapeNuts? 

Coastal Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #2653
                    October 30, 2003
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2007, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Re:  Scientific Research

DoubleDown, why aren't there any grapes or nuts in a cereal called GrapeNuts? 

Well, there ya go....that's what I'm talkin bout !

Maybe someone we know can spend 10 billion finding out why...

and solving other mysteries like why we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway...

Or why sour cream has an expiration date

Or why it's called rush hour when no one moves...

Or if the light really goes out in the refrigerator when we close the door- I really don't know, we eat all the witnesses....

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

why we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway...

DoubleDown, I never heard that one!  LOL

I was once reading why the English language is so difficult to learn and one example was

terror + ific = terrific

horror + ific = horrific

2 entirely different meanings, right? 

An old rule we learned in school is:  I, before E, except after E or when pronounced as A as in neighbor and weigh.

Maybe this is why I once campaigned to get this "rule" out of our grammar books!

What about "seize the day?"  or "he's a little weird?"  or "I'm taking a leisure trip."  Then there's that "after c" baloney.  "I hired a secretary who is very efficient."

So how can something with so many exceptions be a rule in the first place?

So now ya know I'd have so much time on my hands if I had $10 billion, I could spend my life thinking about all of the things that don't make sense in this world.  

Coastal Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #2653
                        October 30, 2003
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2007, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

So now ya know I'd have so much time on my hands if I had $10 billion, I could spend my life thinking about all of the things that don't make sense in this world.  

JXP, save yourself the trouble:  Just re read this entire thread if you want to see some things that make no sense.....................

Jimiam's avatar - ICONATOR 4af8c649273bc68ca3f95ed9dd755e65.jpg

United States
                          Member #39406
                          May 15, 2006
                          287 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

I''d buy 10 billion Big Macs from McDonalds. 

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2007, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

I would also create a version of "American Idol" but of "Exceptionally Beautiful Women"...previously i said that i would do it for beautiful women with exceptional bodies...But this one is for "exceptionally beautiful women", women that make up, .01% of the population...And previously i said that i would give this women 75K to 125K, but this exceptionally beautiful women would get if they are winners, 1 or 2 million dollars....In my entire life i've only seen 4 exceptionally beautiful women (one of them i just saw her on clothing/perfume billboard)...All through my eyes...They will have to have acceptable body ratings: (most women qualify in acceptable body ratings) I would not want a malnourished women like models or a Double Mack looking women for this competition)...

I would also set a website, that it will be known to have little fact in sentences or a three-sentence paragraph...Just the same way the book of Psalms or Proverbs is olny about songs & advices, this website will be about facts...And i might pay people .05 cents for submitting facts....

And i would put my resources into creating a machine that does the same job a vibrator does, but that it will shift gears (i think the world would be a better place that way) (men may not become absolete but i think it might 50%/50% stop/prevent/reduce abortinos ad slow down overpopulation)....(and pardon me for the talk and i think we are all adults here), and i would do my best so that it's marketed at a very low, low, very low price (those machies right now cost from 300$ to 700$)...If i had more than 10Billions i would have done my best so that the price of the morning-after pill be so CHEAP i mean really cheap...I will also create a sperm/ovum bank where beautiful/exceptionally beautiful women can donate (they will be paid for it accordingly with their consent), (with the goal that people that want beautiful girls can have them (they say beauty can be genetically transfered from parent to daughter)....

"More important than winning the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet..."

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2007, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

And i would put my resources into creating a machine that does the same job a vibrator does, but that it will shift gears (i think the world would be a better place that way) (men may not become absolete but i think it might 50%/50% stop/prevent/reduce abortinos ad slow down overpopulation)....(and pardon me for the talk and i think we are all adults here), and i would do my best so that it's marketed at a very low, low, very low price

ROFL

Crazy

Page 9 of 11