Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Implications of Cracking the Code..

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2007, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

guys, what happened witht he spirit of not giving up...It sounds like you all are giving up on the lottery...

are you all giving up? I don't believe a simple game from 0 to 9 is going to defeat me...

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2007, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

guys, what happened witht he spirit of not giving up...It sounds like you all are giving up on the lottery...

are you all giving up? I don't believe a simple game from 0 to 9 is going to defeat me...

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't believe the p3 & p4 games are "easier" just because the odds are numerically better. My position is that, for the amount of effort involved, it's better to aim for a p5. 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7302 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2007, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I disagree, I think you might be surprised by what real mathematicians say about lotteries and maybe  embarrassed to learn what you think they've said wasn't said by anyone who understands math.  People who dream of winning the lottery by buying a bunch of tickets are not mathematicians.  It was probably a mathematician who figured the payout amounts that make coming up with a system that regularly beat the odds impractical.

You don't have to be a mathematician to know the number of combinations needed to guarantee a win and know the payouts wouldn't come close to covering their cost.

Fortunately, I'm not a mathematician so I can continue to foolishly work on a system that will improve my odds of winning while staying within my budget. 

"It was probably a mathematician who figured the payout amounts that make coming up with a system that regularly beat the odds impractical."

The payoff odds give the house the edge, but the big profits come from the volume of play. So it was just as important to design a game that the players believed they could beat. When people make a few box bets they should hit 2 out of 3 digits many times so the conclusion is it should be easy to find that 3rd digit.

I have a device called Number Blaster with a copyright dated 1987. You enter 10 digits in the order starting with the digit you believe is most likely to hit. The results are ten 3 digit combinations and by design if the number drawn has 3 different digits, you're guaranteed 2 out of 3 or as they say "one digit away from a hit". It's not necessary to have a method for choosing the order because any way you do it will get the same results.

After the draw and you know results, you can look for ways of putting the digits into an order that would have produced a hit. The chart I use for Rolling Cash 5 evolved from a chart placing pick-3 digits into an order. The Number Blaster was designed by a mathematician or somebody very clever and on the back of the card is an 18 combination pick-4 Number Blaster. I got it as part of a package when I bought one of Gail Howard's early books.

It's not impossible to hit all 3 numbers and have multiple bets on them but it is difficult. That's why I won't knock any method for picking numbers with the exception of those who say "good in all states" because it's obvious there is no methodology for any one state lottery.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19823 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

There has been several members post 8-10 lines wheels for pick3 that guarantee a match2 for combinations that are not doubles or triples which makes winning the pick3 look easier than it really is.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19823 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2007, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't believe the p3 & p4 games are "easier" just because the odds are numerically better. My position is that, for the amount of effort involved, it's better to aim for a p5. 

I Agree! If I wanted the equivalent of a $50 box hit, I could just not play for five to  ten days.  I would must rather spend the time and money trying to win a $100K+ prize.

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8360 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2007, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

there is no secret code to winning pick 3 and 4 games. And people aren't giving up they will continue to try and beat the odds.

No matter what it's 1 in 1000 pick 3 and 1 in 10,000 pick 4

In ball drawings you aren't trying to figure out 0-9 in one machine it's 3 machines 0-9 thats the equivalent to picking 3 balls out of 30 balls.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2007, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

The lotteries asked people like Green and Hawking to find the best method where their drawings would be the most random. "

Is that ego crap i can't stand...that you believe there are smart people out there like Brian Green and Stephen Hawkins...There aren't people out there like Brian Green and Stephen Hawkings...Both of them are the number 1 and number 2 SMARTEST PERSONS IN THE WORLD...There aren't geniuses like Brian Green and Stephen Hawkings in the world!!!...Just because someone is the smartest person in a state or a country that doesn't make him the smartest person in the world..There are still thousands of geniuses like him...But Brian Green and stephen Hawkings are the 2 smartest people in the world...There aren't people like that in the world...(and there is a difference between the 2 smartest people in the world versus the smartes people that have touched this world...

"Well there are people like that in the world, just that they don't specialize on Pick3..."

I did not write that...I am sick and tire of coming to LP and finding stuff i did not write..I know what i wrote...And if i ever did even though i don't see how i could have written that, i take it back...There aren't people like that in the world..

Something i don't understand...If you don't believe that the code can be crack then ask yourself the question..."Why are you here" Why are you at LP?is not because you believe that one day you will hit it...All i get is pessimism...No offense to anyone but i sometimes get the impression that some of you are here at LP just because you enjoy commenting and not because you share the spirit of one day finding that Holy Grail..You don't believe there is such a Code to be cracked but yet you are here at LP...Is like a Christian going to church (church represents LP) but saying that he/she doesn't believe in Christ...I don't get it..The same thing happened when i wrote that i believe a supercomputer could crack pick3..And instead of been optimist all i got is "no way"..What i got is a believe in people's own superiority of brain power when a supercomputer can calculate such much trillion of informations per second something a human can't...It may not be able to rationalize like humans but you don't need to rationalize to crack pick3...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2007, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76 you are the one that thinks there is some secret code that hasn't been broken maybe a few people believe that along with you. Most of us understand what the real deal is LUCK of the draw.

You are the one who thinks you need a super computer to crack the code and you might have a few followers that think you might be onto something with that idea. But the fact is the computer in front of most people has the power to make any amount of calculations necessary to win a jackpot. But the problem is having enough money to buy all the combinations needed to win. There is no computer in the world that can give you the winning combination with one single dollar bet. If it did it would probably be a fluke and possibly never happen again.

You are the one who thinks way too much about other people inner feelings. You have no idea why most people come to lottery post besides trying to win money.

Yes there are systems to figure out what the numbers MIGHT be but no one know before hand what the numbers will be in any pick 3/4/5/6 games. You could combine systems and make some calculated guess as to what the number might be.

Thats what a lot of people do along with using the tools Todd has.

When you realize that lottery games are a games of chance meaning you buy a chance to win with every dollar you spend most people lose money some people win, more people lose money thats why the lottery exists to make money.

The odds are against people winning the lottery people like to try and beat the odds it's called gambling. Taking a chance.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19823 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2007, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

"...If you don't believe that the code can be crack then ask yourself the question..."Why are you here" Why are you at LP?"

I come here because LP is the best place on the Internet to get news about what's going on with lotteries all over the country.  Until you recently stated posting about cracking a code, I hadn't heard much about it and I still haven't heard any convincing evidence that one exists.  Everyone have their own ideas on how to win a lottery which makes LP a good place to read about what others are doing to try and win the lotteries.

Some day someone is going to come up with theory and prove it by winning big.

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: November 19, 2007, 3:41 am - IP Logged

Heh, Four4me & RJOh stole some of my thunderJester

I'm going to predict that an LP member will hit a jackpot before either Brian Greene or Stephen Hawking (no "s"). Being brilliant at physics doesn't equal being brilliant at lottery. If it did, physics profs wouldn't be slogging it out at universities oogling the interns. They'd be rich ... with an intern. Being great at basketball doesn't automatically make a great baseball player. Not saying any names.

i believe a supercomputer could crack pick3.

Fine. Suppose we accept this premise... Right now, there are programs that harness the power of multiple desktop computers. Often they are named (ProjectName)_At_Home. If you feel your own personal machine lacks the power to crack p3, then you have the option of writing a Pumpi_At_Home distributed app, and letting any of the millions of machines connected to the net help out. Millions of machines, many running at GHz speeds. That's petahertz power.

In effect, you are, right now, sitting in front of a supercomputer. Hyper

Are you ready to start coding? 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20108 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2007, 5:04 am - IP Logged

pumpi76 you are the one that thinks there is some secret code that hasn't been broken maybe a few people believe that along with you. Most of us understand what the real deal is LUCK of the draw.

You are the one who thinks you need a super computer to crack the code and you might have a few followers that think you might be onto something with that idea. But the fact is the computer in front of most people has the power to make any amount of calculations necessary to win a jackpot. But the problem is having enough money to buy all the combinations needed to win. There is no computer in the world that can give you the winning combination with one single dollar bet. If it did it would probably be a fluke and possibly never happen again.

You are the one who thinks way too much about other people inner feelings. You have no idea why most people come to lottery post besides trying to win money.

Yes there are systems to figure out what the numbers MIGHT be but no one know before hand what the numbers will be in any pick 3/4/5/6 games. You could combine systems and make some calculated guess as to what the number might be.

Thats what a lot of people do along with using the tools Todd has.

When you realize that lottery games are a games of chance meaning you buy a chance to win with every dollar you spend most people lose money some people win, more people lose money thats why the lottery exists to make money.

The odds are against people winning the lottery people like to try and beat the odds it's called gambling. Taking a chance.

Very well said four4me, in my opinion that is it in a nutshell....! 

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                        McKinney/Texas
                        United States
                        Member #47363
                        November 1, 2006
                        706 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2007, 6:41 am - IP Logged

pumpi76 I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. However, your assumption here is  that BAD PEOPLE will be the first ones to determine THE HOLY GRAIL of the lottery system. I look at it in another way. I am praying that someone good will be the first one to crack the nut or to nail it. I am not good! There has only been one person that was good!  But, when I win, I give 5% of my winnings to the person that sold me the ticket, and purchase a money order that is 10% of the winnings. Last week I had two quick pick winners - one for $400(Pick 4), and the other for $250(Pick 3). I have two money orders($40 and $25) that will be given to either Compassion International, The Christian Children's Fund, The Salvation Army, or The Smile Train. All of these organizations help people profoundly!! I have to believe there are many more - perhaps thousands who do the same with their winnings. There is a Holy Grail out there just waiting to be discovered. However, I believe our creator reveals thoughts and ideas to those who love and trust him and his son. Some of the profound ideas you and tntea have did not come from yourself, and you know it. If I am ever fortunate enough to even get close, MUM is the word. However, I would PM helpful people like yourself on what to play now and then. My pm would read, "pumpi76, go all in for a $30 COMBO on 245 for MON MID NOV 19, 2007 and God Bless You". Soooooooohhh, why don't we pray that THE HOLY GRAIL will revealed to someone who will do good with the winnings, and not assume that terrorists will get hold of it.

Ephesians 3:20

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                          McKinney/Texas
                          United States
                          Member #47363
                          November 1, 2006
                          706 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2007, 7:05 am - IP Logged

pumpi76, I have a college degree in math and taught middle school and high school math for six years from 1972-1978. I love math because it comes from God and not from man. Math is everywhere in nature - or in everything God has created - which is everything. There is no such animal as A RANDOM EVENT. It only appears that way, since we see things through a DARK CLOUD. Using Differential Equations, you can prove that the bee uses the minimum amount of wax to build the strongest structure possible. I honestly believe with all of my heart and soul there is a relatively new area of mathematics that is ripe for the picking by the right individual(s). The untapped math is called FRACTALS. I have two books on the subject, but just am too old and tired to jump in. One of the books I would highly recommend for any interested parties is, "THE COLOURS OF INFINITY..The Beauty and Power of Fractals" ISBN 1 904555 05 5

"Scientists today recognize financil markets' price records as FRACTALS, but they presume them to be of the indefinite variety."

"In the 1930's, Ralph Nelson Elliot discovered that  aggregate stock market prices trend and reverse in recognizable patterns. In a series of books and articles published from 1938 to 1946, he described the STOCK MARKET AS A FRACTAL. A fractal is an object that is similarly shaped at different scales."

God Speed to those with youth, time, and motivation to seek the truth. 

Ephesians 3:20

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19823 Posts
                            Posted: November 19, 2007, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76, I have a college degree in math and taught middle school and high school math for six years from 1972-1978. I love math because it comes from God and not from man. Math is everywhere in nature - or in everything God has created - which is everything. There is no such animal as A RANDOM EVENT. It only appears that way, since we see things through a DARK CLOUD. Using Differential Equations, you can prove that the bee uses the minimum amount of wax to build the strongest structure possible. I honestly believe with all of my heart and soul there is a relatively new area of mathematics that is ripe for the picking by the right individual(s). The untapped math is called FRACTALS. I have two books on the subject, but just am too old and tired to jump in. One of the books I would highly recommend for any interested parties is, "THE COLOURS OF INFINITY..The Beauty and Power of Fractals" ISBN 1 904555 05 5

"Scientists today recognize financil markets' price records as FRACTALS, but they presume them to be of the indefinite variety."

"In the 1930's, Ralph Nelson Elliot discovered that  aggregate stock market prices trend and reverse in recognizable patterns. In a series of books and articles published from 1938 to 1946, he described the STOCK MARKET AS A FRACTAL. A fractal is an object that is similarly shaped at different scales."

God Speed to those with youth, time, and motivation to seek the truth. 

"God Speed to those with youth, time, and motivation to seek the truth."

You left out "knowledge" and too often that only comes with age.   

Evil Looking       

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                              San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1394 Posts
                              Posted: November 19, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

This is pretty deep stuff!

I'm from the old school. I use a pencil and paper system to help me 'guess' what the winning numbers will be. Sometimes I'm right, most times I'm wrong - usually by one number!

Here's a challenge.

Go buy one of those minature Bingo machines. Put in 10 balls numbered 0 to 9. Crank the handle a few times and then release a ball.

Restock the machine, crank it a few times and let it release a ball.

Restock the machine, crank it a few times and let it release a third ball.

Then spend money playing that particular combination.

Maybe it will match the winning combination, maybe not.

Repeat the procedure for another play combination, etc.

Now the challenge is - figure out a way to positively, in advance, identify which balls will be released.

I'm sure there are folks good at math  can quote some odds of how often the right combination will be selected, but, it's not about math. It's about accurately predicting what the next ball will be.

I doubt anyone who 'cracks the code' is going to share it here in LP. I seriously doubt if such a person exists.

It's a game where some folks win, most folks lose.  In other words - LUCK. We all have some of it some of the time, but it can't be formated, dressed up with a lot fancy words and sold for $27.

Page 3 of 10