Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 4:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Implications of Cracking the Code..

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 7 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2007, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

With all due respect, I would ask you to prove there is a code, and you can't because it doesn't exist.  I have shown you why it doesn't, now it's your turn to show me it does.  I do not take your tone to be combative.  We're good.

Hold on there, tapper7606.  This science of the lottory is just in its infantile stage.  There is much yet to be done.  Just because we can't do what we wish today is no reason to shut the door on the future. 

There have been many times in science when logical reasoning said "You can't do that!" and then someone dang fool went off and did it.  For centuries learned men said man will never be able to fly.  The the Wright Bros. went off and did it.  A recnet example is the discovery of distant planets.  Many astronomers said we would never be able to find planets 50 light years away and then some dang fool went off and did just that.  Now there are over two hundred known planets obiting other stars.

As long as we have forums such as Lottory Post, the door to future discoveries will remain open.  One of those discoveries might be the "code".  Who knows?  I only know I am doing my best to uncover the "code".

And when the "code" is discovered, only Quick Picks will be allowed. 

Curious2k3's avatar - Curious 2k3.jpg
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #34209
    March 1, 2006
    265 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2007, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

What if we proposed a new route to wander along choosing the word "Rhythm" rather than code. Numbers have an alarming (and quite distinct) appearance to resonate together, and near each other. In and of themselves, they are "Rhythmic" in nature.

My 2 Cents

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7341 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2007, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Stack47 - I am not a programmer so I cannot answer your question.  However, what you propose would not allow for random generation of numbers.

I am only peripherally aware of the Tennessee Lottery issue and I don't know the details, but feel certain I can get them.  Without that detail I cannot speak to the Tennessee security issue.  Let me see what I can find out.

I've never read the exact details but they apparently used the same RNG program for their pick-3, pick-4, and pick-5 games. The Cash5 drawing used the "U" key or unique to create 5 different numbers from 1 to 39. Somebody forgot to change to the "R" key or repeat for the Cash3 and Cash4 games so it was impossible for any digit to repeat and none of the combinations had double digits in over a month.

Tennessee's change to an RNG drawing was big topic on LP and it draws Cash3 and Cash4 twice a day so when players noticed that no doubles were drawn in any of those games for 2 weeks, some of the LP members sent emails. In one of the replies it stated that security ran tests and doubles were drawn. That was at least a week before the Tennessee Lottery announced there was "U" and "R" key glitch in their RNG program.

It's possible whoever said that security ran tests just wrote that as stock answer but it doesn't change the fact that security should have known that no doubles (especially in pick-4) in 28 drawings defies even random probability. 

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7341 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2007, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Hold on there, tapper7606.  This science of the lottory is just in its infantile stage.  There is much yet to be done.  Just because we can't do what we wish today is no reason to shut the door on the future. 

There have been many times in science when logical reasoning said "You can't do that!" and then someone dang fool went off and did it.  For centuries learned men said man will never be able to fly.  The the Wright Bros. went off and did it.  A recnet example is the discovery of distant planets.  Many astronomers said we would never be able to find planets 50 light years away and then some dang fool went off and did just that.  Now there are over two hundred known planets obiting other stars.

As long as we have forums such as Lottory Post, the door to future discoveries will remain open.  One of those discoveries might be the "code".  Who knows?  I only know I am doing my best to uncover the "code".

And when the "code" is discovered, only Quick Picks will be allowed. 

"And when the "code" is discovered, only Quick Picks will be allowed."

On page 2 it was established this "code" could accurately predict the next pick-3 drawing. If we knew which number was going to be drawn, why would anybody buy a QP with another number?

United States
          Member #56644
          November 27, 2007
          16 Posts
          Posted: November 28, 2007, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY - Lottery is not a science.  Lottery has nothing to do with logical reasoning.  It has to do with events (drawings).  Events that are not contiguous.  Each event is unique unto itself and events that have already occured have no bearing on future events.  

I am sensing that some posters here seem to think the results of the first drawing has some bearing on the results of the second drawing and the second drawing has some bearing on the results of the third drawing, etc., etc.  Such is not the case.  I repeat, the events are not contiguous, each one is unique unto itself.  Because of this uniqueness there is no code because a code requires continuity.  Each drawing starts anew.  There is no carry over.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19895 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2007, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY - Lottery is not a science.  Lottery has nothing to do with logical reasoning.  It has to do with events (drawings).  Events that are not contiguous.  Each event is unique unto itself and events that have already occured have no bearing on future events.  

I am sensing that some posters here seem to think the results of the first drawing has some bearing on the results of the second drawing and the second drawing has some bearing on the results of the third drawing, etc., etc.  Such is not the case.  I repeat, the events are not contiguous, each one is unique unto itself.  Because of this uniqueness there is no code because a code requires continuity.  Each drawing starts anew.  There is no carry over.

tapper,

70% of lottery players agree with your statement "Lottery has nothing to do with logical reasoning", that's the reason they buy quick picks.  As you sensed, many LP posters think they can improve their odds of winning by using a strategy or software to pick their numbers which may be partly  based on the results of previous drawings.  So what is news about that?   

What would you expect lottery players on a lottery forum to discuss?  Even players who buy quick picks come here to see if someone else has a better strategy that will improve their odds of winning.  LP offers a lot more for lottery players than just the latest news and drawing results, they can also read what others are trying to improve their odds of winning.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #56644
              November 27, 2007
              16 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2007, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

RJoh - The point I am trying to get across is "stop wasting time trying to beat the lottery."  Even when you win it you haven't beaten it, you have simply been lucky.  Just play for the entertainment value.  If you win, good for you - if you lose, make sure you have not wagered more than you can afford to lose.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19895 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2007, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

RJoh - The point I am trying to get across is "stop wasting time trying to beat the lottery."  Even when you win it you haven't beaten it, you have simply been lucky.  Just play for the entertainment value.  If you win, good for you - if you lose, make sure you have not wagered more than you can afford to lose.

Maybe to you and others who buy quick picks, time spent trying to beat a lottery game  is wasted but to players who do spend time trying it's time well spent as well as being entertaining. 

There are LP members who post predictions for lotteries they don't play so trying to beat the game is the entertainment not buying the tickets.

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5142 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

B I N G O!!!

If I could hit a straight 80% of the time with 10 out of 14 draws in a week, hell yeah, I'd say so (CTC)!!

Oh ye who have little faith in what your mind can do!!!

fun.........haha???????haHAHA^^^^^^FUN****^^^^^zxccvvbvnnnm!!!!!

ask>>.....Jack-in-the-BoxParty

psykomo^^^^^^^^

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2007, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

You know what i think, will break the state (and i think the lottery knows this), what will break the state is LP and lottery Dna but in the form of a lottery channel with its predictors, commentaries and advices on how to play the lottery...LP and lottery DNA exactly the way it is but in the form of a LOTTERY CHANNEL...Not just any tv channel But it will have to be a major cable TV channel with the power that HBO channel has..

Provided the lottery didn't change the numbers at the last minute...

How will this be? Because a lot of people will watch the channel and a lot of people will play the numbers LP and LOttery DNA gives them to play the lottery, and everytime the predictors are correct...Baayaii, you take a big bite at the lottery...If mass number of people play the same number or become educated on which numbers to play, everytime they are correct (and let's not hope they are correct ONCE a week), they will make a dent on the lottery..I mentioned Lottery DNA because they have boasted on matching like 8 major jackpots..And imagine if 200 people match 1 or 2 of those 8 major jackpots, let alone the 8 of them...This will have the lottery worried..

Imagine if 50% of everyday lottery players of pick3 stop playing all odds and all evens because they heard it on the lottery channel, it will make a small dent on the lottery...

"The Lotto Truth is Out There"                  taken from context of the movie "The X-Files"

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8795 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2007, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Maybe to you and others who buy quick picks, time spent trying to beat a lottery game  is wasted but to players who do spend time trying it's time well spent as well as being entertaining. 

There are LP members who post predictions for lotteries they don't play so trying to beat the game is the entertainment not buying the tickets.

I Agree!

There are hobbies to some people.
                      Remote control model planes , boats and whatever remote , art work , skiing , programming computers , and the list goes on.

And to some there is the lottery challenge. Big Grin

Type

United States
                        Member #56644
                        November 27, 2007
                        16 Posts
                        Posted: November 29, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

"...so trying to beat the game is the entertainment not buying the tickets."

A very interesting perspective, but it doesn't change the fact that while you can win it, you can't beat it.

United States
                          Member #56644
                          November 27, 2007
                          16 Posts
                          Posted: November 29, 2007, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Remote control model planes , boats and whatever remote , art work , skiing , programming computers , and the list goes on.

I don't disagree, JAP69, as long as the rent is paid, there's food on the table, the kids have clean clothes, etc.  I'm fine with it from an entertainment view.  It's when player's chase the so-called "code" and it affects the family's quality of life is when I have a problem.  Play responsibly, have fun with it but don't ever forget, you're gambling.  There is no lottery system that will make you rich.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19895 Posts
                            Posted: November 29, 2007, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I don't disagree, JAP69, as long as the rent is paid, there's food on the table, the kids have clean clothes, etc.  I'm fine with it from an entertainment view.  It's when player's chase the so-called "code" and it affects the family's quality of life is when I have a problem.  Play responsibly, have fun with it but don't ever forget, you're gambling.  There is no lottery system that will make you rich.

Some time when I've stood in line for lottery tickets, there have been people buying beer and cigarettes and even they will mention some crap about losing money playing  lotteries as if spending more on their smokes and beer than I usually spend on lottery tickets for the week makes them more responsible.

Do you really think people who buy lottery tickets don't know they are gambling?  I assume that those beer drinkers and smokers know what they don't piss away is going up in smoke without me telling them.  Most lottery players are just as smart and know what's happening with their money too. 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: November 29, 2007, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

"And when the "code" is discovered, only Quick Picks will be allowed."

On page 2 it was established this "code" could accurately predict the next pick-3 drawing. If we knew which number was going to be drawn, why would anybody buy a QP with another number?

The people will not have a choice.  The lottory will be the ones to declare only Quick Picks and this will circumvent any winning system that is developed.

Page 7 of 10