Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Implications of Cracking the Code..

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 8 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY - Lottery is not a science.  Lottery has nothing to do with logical reasoning.  It has to do with events (drawings).  Events that are not contiguous.  Each event is unique unto itself and events that have already occured have no bearing on future events.  

I am sensing that some posters here seem to think the results of the first drawing has some bearing on the results of the second drawing and the second drawing has some bearing on the results of the third drawing, etc., etc.  Such is not the case.  I repeat, the events are not contiguous, each one is unique unto itself.  Because of this uniqueness there is no code because a code requires continuity.  Each drawing starts anew.  There is no carry over.

tapper7606

I agree the lotery is not a science.  I agree that each event (drawing) is unique unto itself.  I agreee that these events which have already occured have no bearing on future events.

So what does that tell us?  First and foremost it tells us that the "code" (whatever that may be) will not be mathematical in nature.  If not mathematical, then what else?

Perhaps patterns are the answer.  Each drawing will create a definite series of patterns.  Will these pattern reveal a consistancy not found mathematically?  I don't know.  Let's say no, patterns will not lead to anything.  Then how about patterns to patterns?  Will that lead to anything?

Right now I can not rule out the possibility that patterns of patterns will lead to one winning number set per year.  As I play p5 games only, one win a year will be "beating the lotto" for me.   I am sure there are a few players out there that want nothing less than having a winning number set each and every time they play.  This is called greed.

While I am concentrating on patterns of patterns, someone else might be looking at something else, something else entirely different.  Who can say that my efforts and the efforts of others like me will not find the "code"? 

While the probability of finding the "code" is higher than winning PowerBall five times in a row, I still would recommend not shutting off your mind to their efforts. 

Look beyond the drawings.  What is out there?  I don't believe anyone knows what is out there because not enough people have looked. 

One positive thing I gained from trying to find patterns is that I learned how to program Excel in VBA.  Until LP I had no reason to learn VBA.  Now I do and I did.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7341 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2007, 6:25 am - IP Logged

The people will not have a choice.  The lottory will be the ones to declare only Quick Picks and this will circumvent any winning system that is developed.

I guess this means the implications of cracking the code is that players can only buy losing tickets.

But believe it or not; they would still have players.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8391 Posts
      Posted: November 30, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

When pick 3 lottery was played on the streets by they bookies before the states took over they used to use the 9 th race at the track to determine what the numbers was... whatever horse came in 1st 2nd 3rd that was the number for that day. These bookies new they had a cash cow not only did they know there was no way for the general public to win consistently they knew they could control the out come of the game and either take or lay off on certain bets.

Hence the government made gambling on pick 3 with bookies illegal. And they took over the games. They did this knowing there was no possible way that the general public could come up with a way to beat them at a game that was for the most part random. They knew people would continue to try and devise ways to beat them at these games all the while knowing that it's impossible to predict with 100% accuracy on a daily basis what numbers will be drawn. With the odds stacked in the houses favor they have nothing to lose. People will bet with wild abandon on a daily basis and they will continue to rake in money.

Gamblers will always try and defeat the odds. They will go to great lengths devising systems and methods to try and catch a number. Once in a while they get lucky but when you consider that the lottery changes balls for every drawing. Any attempt to try and predict the outcome of the next drawing would be like trying to throw a dart at a dart board blind folded after having been spun around and faced in the right direction and having three shots at hitting the bulls eye. Possible yes... likely not.

People can say whatever they want about systems, patterns, random events etc. If you bet money on the lottery and win YOU GOT LUCKY

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        bobby623's avatar - abstract
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1405 Posts
        Posted: November 30, 2007, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Lot of interesting stuff here.

I say, to each his own.

But, according to an email I found today in my Yahoo mail box, the code has been cracked!

Apparently, the owner of a Quick Pick service has discovered the secret and is selling it to all comers, if they have a PayPal account.

For a measly $5 per line, that's right, $5 per line, the service guarantees a win, or get your money back!!

You get your line, or lines, after your payment clears, not before.

The service has winning Pick3 and Pick4 lines for ALL states.

Be interesting to know how many folks will believe that crock of s.... and actually buy a line.

State lotteries are cleaning house. It seems we have private activities cleaning house,
        as well.

Here's to code breakers! Give them a golden stream every chance you get!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19894 Posts
          Posted: November 30, 2007, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

"........people would continue to try and devise ways to beat them at these games all the while knowing that it's impossible to predict with 100% accuracy on a daily basis what numbers will be drawn"

I didn't realize there were people trying to come up with a strategy or system that would be accurate 100% of the time.  I don't play pick3 but I would think any strategy/system that got a box or straight hit better than 25% of the times would be a winning system.

I play the pick5 and jackpot games and for me a good if not a winning system would be one that could reduce the number pool to half and still have all the winning numbers 80% of the times.  That too may be impossible but I enjoy trying.  For most of these game winning the jackpot once put the player ahead for life.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Posted: November 30, 2007, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Lot of interesting stuff here.

I say, to each his own.

But, according to an email I found today in my Yahoo mail box, the code has been cracked!

Apparently, the owner of a Quick Pick service has discovered the secret and is selling it to all comers, if they have a PayPal account.

For a measly $5 per line, that's right, $5 per line, the service guarantees a win, or get your money back!!

You get your line, or lines, after your payment clears, not before.

The service has winning Pick3 and Pick4 lines for ALL states.

Be interesting to know how many folks will believe that crock of s.... and actually buy a line.

State lotteries are cleaning house. It seems we have private activities cleaning house,
            as well.

Here's to code breakers! Give them a golden stream every chance you get!!

Even before the Internet was popular, people were advertising in lottery magazines that they had come up with a guaranteed way of winning a lottery.  The group that won the Virgina lottery showed it could be done if you had enough money by simply buying every possible combinations. Today lotteries seldom have a prize that pays more than it cost to buy all the combination so that option is not always on the table.

That group had an opportunity to spend $10M to try and buy up all the combinations to win a $20M+ jackpot.  States have changed the odds and rules of their games so that is not likely to happen again but if a similar opportunity ever exist someone will have enough money to try and it won't be with a strategy that cost $5. 

There was the case in Indiana where an investor sued because he bought all the remaining tickets in a scratch off game which the state claimed still had some large prizes available and lost money because the prizes weren't there .

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8391 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2007, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

"........people would continue to try and devise ways to beat them at these games all the while knowing that it's impossible to predict with 100% accuracy on a daily basis what numbers will be drawn"

I didn't realize there were people trying to come up with a strategy or system that would be accurate 100% of the time.  I don't play pick3 but I would think any strategy/system that got a box or straight hit better than 25% of the times would be a winning system.

I play the pick5 and jackpot games and for me a good if not a winning system would be one that could reduce the number pool to half and still have all the winning numbers 80% of the times.  That too may be impossible but I enjoy trying.  For most of these game winning the jackpot once put the player ahead for life.

please don't take what i wrote out of context.

THE LOTTERY KNOWS  people would continue to try and devise ways to beat them at these games all the while knowing that it's impossible to predict with 100% accuracy on a daily basis what numbers will be drawn.

Any system that wins money could be called a good system. But cracking the code implies that you can win more often if not every draw.

I've been playing the lottery for over 30 years going to different places throughout time and i rarely see people just playing one number. Most have a list of numbers they play. Gamblers will play every draw consistently whether they win or lose and when they win most of the time they play more numbers thinking there going to win again.

I have met a few people who for whatever reason win money on Fridays evenings playing just one number. I don't know how they come up with the number to play (won't tell me) but in a 3 week period this one guy had the right number straight 3 Fridays in a row. On the 4th Friday he was way off the mark. He was happy nevertheless cause he puts down 20 dollars straight on his one pick. I offered to share my knowledge of numbers with him if he showed me or told me how he comes up with the number and he said he just knows what it's going to be no secret code or system. I chalk that sentence up with he must be intuitive.  

I know other people including myself that make picks using the last 3 draws as history i understand that and have been lucky with that idea many times however not enough that i would bet 20 dollars straight on a pick.  

As far as pick 4 and 5 games are concerned i try real hard not to get thread drift going as is done in so many posts.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8795 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2007, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

From what I have seen of postings using software info there seems to be that they are programmed in the same direction of thought.

Possibly another variation of programming would increase the odds. The programming needs to be expanded using new ideas to go with the old.

I have a lot of thoughts on it but I am not a programmer.

Type

Grumple Dumple's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                  Member #48618
                  January 3, 2007
                  87 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2007, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm intentionally going overboard here ... but hypothetically speaking ... what if someone has already discovered a phenomenon naturally present within randomly occurring numbers that allows all future drawings to be predicted in advance with an unvarying and permanently-sustainable 100% accuracy rate throughout and this person understands how it works ... and let's say that this person wants to reveal it to the world at large [just because its such an impressive phenomenon and for the sake of being given the credit for its discovery] but he knows there's no good way to do this? Undoubtedly, there would be major repercussions in the event he demonstrates objective proof of its existence. If the guy were to follow through with that final step of objectively proving the existence of this unlikely phenomenon it would go badly for him if for no other reason than because it would directly affect many who have their own vested interests and personal agendas [legitimate or otherwise] in maintaining the "gaming world status quo". Proving to the world that there actually *is* "something" inside of genuinely random numbers that [once it is recognized and then understood] will allow for the correct prediction of every future drawing with an unerring accuracy rate of 100% maintained throughout obviously would temporarily disrupt the lottery if not outright put an end to it. If nothing else this person would then be a "marked man" for the rest of his life. He would be an outcast. He would suffer everything from being ostracized; to being threatened bodily; and generally just daily persecution for the rest of his life. Therefore, logically he literally has no choice but to keep this "proof" to himself and must do so for the rest of his life. The only option would be if he were willing to reveal it while maintaining his own anonymity -- but that would mean forfeiting his own due credit for having discovered such a "miraculous thing" by himself. [Understandably, the average person would not be willing to do that. Would you? I certainly wouldn't be willing to.]

And then [to continue this hypothetical] there is another implication which is that the revelation of the presence of such a phenomenon occurring inside columns of genuinely random numbers would suggest that "randomness" is actually "order" disguised as "chaos" [that is, at least with regard to this particular phenomenon being demonstrated by ping pong balls with number digits painted on them being drawn from those pneumatically-operated machines on televised evening and afternoon state lottery drawings across America] and that would represent nothing less than a "design in nature not attributable to chance alone" and thus would imply the existence of a "designer". Presumably, any number of "unbelievers in a deity" would be made very uncomfortable with that particular implication which would only "mark" that man even more. It would result in a paradigm shift in the world, would it not? Religious belief [and non-belief] can be very dangerous areas when someone goes messing with it at so fundamental a level. Remember the religious trouble Salman Rushdie got into for instance.

The only real point I am trying to make in this hypothetical is that potentially there are serious implications accompanying any given "new discovery" -- and some of these implications may be so serious as to force its discoverer into permanently keeping "proof of its reality" a secret. This would really suck only because it is an all too human need to want to tell a secret to another human being [especially a secret as theoretically wonderful as that one].

Just soberly consider the possibility.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19894 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2007, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

From what I have seen of postings using software info there seems to be that they are programmed in the same direction of thought.

Possibly another variation of programming would increase the odds. The programming needs to be expanded using new ideas to go with the old.

I have a lot of thoughts on it but I am not a programmer.

You are not the first person to have some ideas how lottery programs could be made to work better.  Creators of commercial software sometimes welcome customers input but their software is designed to appeal to the most people so they rarely customize them for the benefit of one customer, that's the reason I started designing my own.  Now when my program doesn't work as I want it to I can change it if I have the skill. 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8391 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2007, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Grumple Dumple wrote if not outright put an end to it.

This will never happen in any instance the lottery's have threshold limits on numbers that can be played. When they receive so many bets say for 123 and the payout exceeds a given amount they stop taking bets on that number. So even if there were such a code people could only bet up to a given dollar amount before the number would be shut off.

Since no such program exist or will ever exist except hypothetically the lottery dosen't need to worry about it.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2007, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Original Post by pumpi76

Have you ever thought about the implications that Cracking the Code (pick3) will have? Criminal wise..

You would get more attention from criminals not already in high office. 

I mean i think that if you were to find the Holy Grail that will crack pick3 and it was available on the internet, besides the lottery going broke, don't you think that some criminals will roam free?

The lottery (for the umpteenth timeDisapprove) would (a) change the rules (b) change the payout or (c) discontinue the game 

Example: A terrorist will come into america make tons of money off of pick3 (tax free) and use it to sponsor terror activities in the U.S...Not to mention the tons of money they can make in other countries, all to sponsor terror activities in the respective countries...I mean the FBI can't track the money you collect from the gas stations...

RFID ~ soon to be enbedded in all paper currencies. The total and denomination of every bill in your wallet will be known from 5ft

Another example: People will find easy ways to make money to go and buy their drugs (shoot up) not to mention weapons...

No more than right now. 

If you were to crack the code i think the FBI and the ATF will be interested in you...

They'd have to get in line behind all the other agencies wanting to hire.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2007, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Given how crap-tacular the payout is on a box p3, you need near 100% accuracy to make it worth your while.

I think p3 players enjoy the "action" of the game, like "sports" fishermen enjoy catching a big fish ... then throwing it back Crazy.

"Hey ever'one, look at my winning system. I won $40 Hyperan' I only played $39!!" 

Maybe I'll make that the title of a thread on the p3 forum and see how many views it gets. Clown

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19894 Posts
                            Posted: December 1, 2007, 4:23 am - IP Logged

Given how crap-tacular the payout is on a box p3, you need near 100% accuracy to make it worth your while.

I think p3 players enjoy the "action" of the game, like "sports" fishermen enjoy catching a big fish ... then throwing it back Crazy.

"Hey ever'one, look at my winning system. I won $40 Hyperan' I only played $39!!" 

Maybe I'll make that the title of a thread on the p3 forum and see how many views it gets. Clown

Actually most Pick3 games pay $500 for a $1 bet on a straight hit, so hitting a straight 1/500 or .2% of the times would be breaking even. Hitting a straight only 1% or 5 of 500 times would show a profit of $2000 or a 400% profit.  Making money on a box hit would be harder but you wouldn't have to be any where near 100% accurate to make it happen.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19894 Posts
                              Posted: December 11, 2007, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

There's really no secret to picking the winning combination of any lottery game since they all have a fixed amount of possible outcomes and if you play them all you will win the game every time.  Now days it's rare that a game top prize will pay more than it cost to buy all the possible combinations but once in a while a Pick5 jackpot will exceed the amount it cost to buy all the possible combinations. 

Years ago I read of investment syndicates that would buy all the possible combinations for lottery when ever its jackpot exceeded the cost to buy all the possible combinations but lottery changed their rules to make that almost impossible today.

The trick is reducing the amount of combinations to an affordable amount without eliminating the winning combination and that's all about beating the odds.  If there's a code to crack, that would be it.

Evil Looking       

Page 8 of 10