Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Implications of Cracking the Code..

Topic closed. 135 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 9 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #31636
February 1, 2006
256 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2007, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Is there a copy of the rules that say I can't buy all the combinations? If this is true, what combinations can I buy? Stupid rules. Stupid laws.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2007, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

I already cracked the code. I make 64,346.28 bucks a day...net. Going to all those supermarkets to cash all those tickets gets really frustrating at times, but I'll get used to it eventually.

I'm still working for a living because I get stir crazy at home If I didn't have to work. One day I'll stop working.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2007, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

Is there a copy of the rules that say I can't buy all the combinations? If this is true, what combinations can I buy? Stupid rules. Stupid laws.

I don't know if there is a copy of this rule. But think about what you are saying

If you were to try and play all the combinations for mega millions you would need to fill out

175,711,539 combinations on how many ever play slips you could get your hands on. This is not something you could do in a couple hours let alone a few weeks.

There was some group that tried this in Virginia i think and they went to lottery headquarters. and they told them no way.

5 + 1Jackpot     1 in 175,711,536

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2007, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

If memory serves me right (and it usually doesn't) the syndicate in Virginia used a purchase order to cover all the possible combinations.  As there were no rules against this, the lottory people had to let the transaction go forward.

Now the rules have been changed and most, if not all, state lottories require that all tickets be purchased at a legal terminal, in person, and that a playslip must be filled out.

Now before some nitwit says "Quick Picks aren't done with playslips!!" let me add that QP's are the only exception.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19817 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2007, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

There are no rules that prevent you from buying all the combinations if you have the time and the use of enough terminals to do it.  The syndicate that won the Virgina lottery tied up the terminals at 3 seven eleven stores for 3 or 4 days trying to buy all the possible combinations. 

Shorty afterward, Virgina and other states installed rules to prevent any person or group controlling  lottery terminals for long period of time.  Now it's almost impossible for a person or small group to buy all the combinations of any lottery.  Also most states require play slips be made out by hand but I don't know how that rule might be used if a player won a jackpot with machine printed play slips.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
            Member #13130
            March 30, 2005
            2171 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2007, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

In other words, what they can't make impractical they'll try to make ill-eagle(sic) Disapprove. Changing the matrix or changing the rules, most casual players won't complain.

Since there is a finite set of combos, and the winner is in there somewhere, the true issue is to filter out the losing ones.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
              Lotto City, Michigan
              United States
              Member #36256
              March 30, 2006
              1472 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2007, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

I already cracked the code. I make 64,346.28 bucks a day...net. Going to all those supermarkets to cash all those tickets gets really frustrating at times, but I'll get used to it eventually.

I'm still working for a living because I get stir crazy at home If I didn't have to work. One day I'll stop working.

LOL ROFL

nanolike's avatar - pink2
                WorldWide
                United States
                Member #55215
                September 18, 2007
                76 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2007, 7:56 am - IP Logged

I'm intentionally going overboard here ... but hypothetically speaking ... what if someone has already discovered a phenomenon naturally present within randomly occurring numbers that allows all future drawings to be predicted in advance with an unvarying and permanently-sustainable 100% accuracy rate throughout and this person understands how it works ... and let's say that this person wants to reveal it to the world at large [just because its such an impressive phenomenon and for the sake of being given the credit for its discovery] but he knows there's no good way to do this? Undoubtedly, there would be major repercussions in the event he demonstrates objective proof of its existence. If the guy were to follow through with that final step of objectively proving the existence of this unlikely phenomenon it would go badly for him if for no other reason than because it would directly affect many who have their own vested interests and personal agendas [legitimate or otherwise] in maintaining the "gaming world status quo". Proving to the world that there actually *is* "something" inside of genuinely random numbers that [once it is recognized and then understood] will allow for the correct prediction of every future drawing with an unerring accuracy rate of 100% maintained throughout obviously would temporarily disrupt the lottery if not outright put an end to it. If nothing else this person would then be a "marked man" for the rest of his life. He would be an outcast. He would suffer everything from being ostracized; to being threatened bodily; and generally just daily persecution for the rest of his life. Therefore, logically he literally has no choice but to keep this "proof" to himself and must do so for the rest of his life. The only option would be if he were willing to reveal it while maintaining his own anonymity -- but that would mean forfeiting his own due credit for having discovered such a "miraculous thing" by himself. [Understandably, the average person would not be willing to do that. Would you? I certainly wouldn't be willing to.]

And then [to continue this hypothetical] there is another implication which is that the revelation of the presence of such a phenomenon occurring inside columns of genuinely random numbers would suggest that "randomness" is actually "order" disguised as "chaos" [that is, at least with regard to this particular phenomenon being demonstrated by ping pong balls with number digits painted on them being drawn from those pneumatically-operated machines on televised evening and afternoon state lottery drawings across America] and that would represent nothing less than a "design in nature not attributable to chance alone" and thus would imply the existence of a "designer". Presumably, any number of "unbelievers in a deity" would be made very uncomfortable with that particular implication which would only "mark" that man even more. It would result in a paradigm shift in the world, would it not? Religious belief [and non-belief] can be very dangerous areas when someone goes messing with it at so fundamental a level. Remember the religious trouble Salman Rushdie got into for instance.

The only real point I am trying to make in this hypothetical is that potentially there are serious implications accompanying any given "new discovery" -- and some of these implications may be so serious as to force its discoverer into permanently keeping "proof of its reality" a secret. This would really suck only because it is an all too human need to want to tell a secret to another human being [especially a secret as theoretically wonderful as that one].

Just soberly consider the possibility.

This may possible be the best thing I've ever read on Lottery Post! Its as if you read my mind.

I have told people almost these same words for years but only wish I'd have said it.

Great!

You rock Grumple Dumple.

I think these types of thoughts come from those of us who have cracked the code. Trouble is, I've tested the water myself here on lottery post and it is true people treat you like crap, and even if you do try to give them a partial bit of your system, there not sharing any with you. I've found that out the hard way!

People would sell their dear ol grandmother out before they would give any of their money away to someone who without that persons idea or method or system, they'de have never won! At least this is my experience.

I'm the type that if I wonand I know its because of someones method THEY GET HALF no matter what! The way I look at it, I'd have never won if not or them.

I've never gotten a dime from anyone who I helped win! But their greedy hand is always there to take you system to win with. It strange too how they get all mean with you too if you even mention that they'd have not won if you have not helped them. But here is the strange thing i dont want any of their money I never did. I just wanted to help them. Like the other day, There is a guy I know who never played the lottery sctrachers before, and he wanted me to play a couple bucks for him. So I stood there at the machine and sort of talked to myself, and thought, wouldnt it be nice if he could win something instead of lose his money. I waited and thought which scratchers should I get, I then picked this one, and then thought o well I'll get another one of the same if the one doesnt win, maybe the other will. We were walking down the street in the city back home and I said now the odds are not too good for you to win, I was trying to cushion the blow, he was going to see how quickly his two bucks disapear, I said you know you might win a buck or maybe 2 dollars, sometimes you might get lucky and get maybe $5.

He won $20 bucks it was a $20 dollar ticket, I smiled and was so happy for him he never played before.

So that was sort of nice for him to wn $20 bucks.

He was quite happy and smiling.

You know his facial expression sure changed quick when I said I guess the can of pop is on you hey?

You could almost tell he was thinking darn I have to spend my money.

it was almost if as he didnt want to part with a buck of his winnings, and I'm not even sure if he was aware that he'd have never won the money if it were not for me.

I was actually going to get those tickets myself. But thought wait a sec, the guy has never won anything be humble get those for him and you get some other ones for you.

If he was stingy on a can of pop, could you imagine if it the ticket were a milion dollar winning ticket.

I never got the can of pop!

LOL funny people are just that way all over America, probably the world.

Dont get me wrong I still try to help people and want nothing in return.

So I only reveal 1/4 of my system on lottery post to see how they treat me first. personaly everytime I play I win ever time I play, I won teice tonight.

I cant tell you how many times I've won, I've lost track!

No one on lottery post has ever guided me or helped me in anyway to win. Not one system or method has ever been better than what i have. I would give mine up if their were a better way though, let say i found one on lottery post, and won with it, I know myself so well, I am about self discovery. I would simply split it with the person who aided me in winning, I'd have never won if not for them.

Although I have tried to help.

There really isnt any better system than the one I made up! It works perfect for me.

And I am quite ahead of anyone on lottery post in my revelations.

Now I realize how that sounds but really!

If people would listen to me they'd win!

The thing I've discovered most about people who win is they dont want your help even if it would help them, that is strange to me.

For instance, I was talking to a guy who won 9 million dollars in the lottery the other day, I had a nice conversation with him on the phone. His winning the lottery is well posted on the website of the state lottery where he won it. A real winner.

I suggested since I had gotten the 6 winning numbers before with my system and so did he, maybe we should put our systems together, with a contract so it was all legal, he says to me, I think I'll go it alone, I told him you know its a far shot in the dark for anyone to win it twice and that we would probably fair better if we put our systems together, he said we'll that may be true but I still want to go it alone.

I just thought, lottery winners are the most greediest people i've ever known. Even when you are trying to help them.

So I agree that if someone actually did have the code, it probably wouldnt be a good ide to publicize it.  

It's a NanoLike World!

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
                  Lotto City, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #36256
                  March 30, 2006
                  1472 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2007, 8:02 am - IP Logged

I'm intentionally going overboard here ... but hypothetically speaking ... what if someone has already discovered a phenomenon naturally present within randomly occurring numbers that allows all future drawings to be predicted in advance with an unvarying and permanently-sustainable 100% accuracy rate throughout and this person understands how it works ... and let's say that this person wants to reveal it to the world at large [just because its such an impressive phenomenon and for the sake of being given the credit for its discovery] but he knows there's no good way to do this? Undoubtedly, there would be major repercussions in the event he demonstrates objective proof of its existence. If the guy were to follow through with that final step of objectively proving the existence of this unlikely phenomenon it would go badly for him if for no other reason than because it would directly affect many who have their own vested interests and personal agendas [legitimate or otherwise] in maintaining the "gaming world status quo". Proving to the world that there actually *is* "something" inside of genuinely random numbers that [once it is recognized and then understood] will allow for the correct prediction of every future drawing with an unerring accuracy rate of 100% maintained throughout obviously would temporarily disrupt the lottery if not outright put an end to it. If nothing else this person would then be a "marked man" for the rest of his life. He would be an outcast. He would suffer everything from being ostracized; to being threatened bodily; and generally just daily persecution for the rest of his life. Therefore, logically he literally has no choice but to keep this "proof" to himself and must do so for the rest of his life. The only option would be if he were willing to reveal it while maintaining his own anonymity -- but that would mean forfeiting his own due credit for having discovered such a "miraculous thing" by himself. [Understandably, the average person would not be willing to do that. Would you? I certainly wouldn't be willing to.]

And then [to continue this hypothetical] there is another implication which is that the revelation of the presence of such a phenomenon occurring inside columns of genuinely random numbers would suggest that "randomness" is actually "order" disguised as "chaos" [that is, at least with regard to this particular phenomenon being demonstrated by ping pong balls with number digits painted on them being drawn from those pneumatically-operated machines on televised evening and afternoon state lottery drawings across America] and that would represent nothing less than a "design in nature not attributable to chance alone" and thus would imply the existence of a "designer". Presumably, any number of "unbelievers in a deity" would be made very uncomfortable with that particular implication which would only "mark" that man even more. It would result in a paradigm shift in the world, would it not? Religious belief [and non-belief] can be very dangerous areas when someone goes messing with it at so fundamental a level. Remember the religious trouble Salman Rushdie got into for instance.

The only real point I am trying to make in this hypothetical is that potentially there are serious implications accompanying any given "new discovery" -- and some of these implications may be so serious as to force its discoverer into permanently keeping "proof of its reality" a secret. This would really suck only because it is an all too human need to want to tell a secret to another human being [especially a secret as theoretically wonderful as that one].

Just soberly consider the possibility.

The Father of Card Counting and author of the book entitled, "Beat The Dealer", Ed Thorpe, comes to mind.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19817 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2007, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

All these theories and comments about breaking a code and predicting the next lottery drawing results accurately ignore the fact that many lotteries preform test drawings before the live drawings to make sure their equipment is working correctly.  In fact one poster complained she was cheated after seeing the results of test drawings before one of the PowerBall live drawings when she discovered she had all five numbers in one of those test drawings.

There may be a way to pick a small group of combinations that's likely to have the winning combinations much of the time but as long as there are pretesting before live drawings there will never be a way to predict the result of a lottery drawing accurately.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: December 23, 2007, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

No crack and no code. I just say no!!!!

Thoth's avatar - binary
                        Findlay, Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #4855
                        May 28, 2004
                        400 Posts
                        Posted: December 24, 2007, 11:00 am - IP Logged

well..I have said it once and I will say it again.."The biggest Misconception about the Lottery is just because it has Numbers, It must be Math"...Personally..I dont think its Math..I believe that is why No Mathematician has ever found anything worth a squat..and you know they have tried to figure it out..

If they ever lock me in a room with a bunch of Mathematicians dealing with these numbers..I am going to Embarrasse them all and make them weep like a baby!!!!!

LotteryBreaker, I've heard you make similar comments a few other times. I'm not sure of your particular method or strategy, but I bet it can have mathematics applied to it in terms of odds and probability.

It would be interesting to apply some sort of formula to your strategy because it would tell you exactly why and how it works and moreover, how often it should do so. Don't you use some sort of indexing system?

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7297 Posts
                          Posted: December 24, 2007, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

There are no rules that prevent you from buying all the combinations if you have the time and the use of enough terminals to do it.  The syndicate that won the Virgina lottery tied up the terminals at 3 seven eleven stores for 3 or 4 days trying to buy all the possible combinations. 

Shorty afterward, Virgina and other states installed rules to prevent any person or group controlling  lottery terminals for long period of time.  Now it's almost impossible for a person or small group to buy all the combinations of any lottery.  Also most states require play slips be made out by hand but I don't know how that rule might be used if a player won a jackpot with machine printed play slips.

This is story is becoming an urban legend.  

A Melbourne, Australia based syndicate had raised millions for overseas lottery investments and the Virginia 6/44 Lotto game was one of its targets. The idea was to buy all the possible combinations (7,059,052) when the jackpot reached a certain amount.  

They needed 1,411,811 play slips because each one only had room for 5 combinations. The first problem would be getting that many play slips and filling them out would have been a full time job. Once this was done, they waited until the jackpot reached $27 million. When the jackpot reached $27 million, the syndicate used eight chains of grocery and convenience stores with about 125 terminals to print the tickets. 

There was a risk because if there were more than 4 jackpot winners, they could lose money and they found out they ran out of time and 2 million combinations hadn't been printed. It wasn't illegal but unfair to the regular Virginia lotto players so rules to limit how much could be played at one purchased were made. It would be like standing in line while somebody takes five minutes making up their mind on how to spend a buck multiplied by 2 days.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19817 Posts
                            Posted: December 25, 2007, 7:01 am - IP Logged

This is story is becoming an urban legend.  

A Melbourne, Australia based syndicate had raised millions for overseas lottery investments and the Virginia 6/44 Lotto game was one of its targets. The idea was to buy all the possible combinations (7,059,052) when the jackpot reached a certain amount.  

They needed 1,411,811 play slips because each one only had room for 5 combinations. The first problem would be getting that many play slips and filling them out would have been a full time job. Once this was done, they waited until the jackpot reached $27 million. When the jackpot reached $27 million, the syndicate used eight chains of grocery and convenience stores with about 125 terminals to print the tickets. 

There was a risk because if there were more than 4 jackpot winners, they could lose money and they found out they ran out of time and 2 million combinations hadn't been printed. It wasn't illegal but unfair to the regular Virginia lotto players so rules to limit how much could be played at one purchased were made. It would be like standing in line while somebody takes five minutes making up their mind on how to spend a buck multiplied by 2 days.

This will probably never happen again.  Now days it's unlikely that the jackpots of any game will have a cash value several times the cost of buying all the possible combinations.

I can remember when Ohio had a 6/49 game that started at $8M or so and rolled at least $4M after ever drawing when there were no winners and had jackpots of $40M+.  Now their 6/49 game starts at $1M and is lucky to roll $100K and never gets to over $8M. 

What happened?  Did players start picking winners more often or did states lower the pay outs for their local games and start using the jackpots of the multi-states games with much larger matrixs to attract their players?

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: December 25, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

States not only lowered the payouts. They also roll up slower. Plus, with so many more states having lottery, and the multistate games, the money doesn't pile up in one single-state game like it used to.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Page 9 of 10