Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 6:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who really need money?

Topic closed. 133 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 4 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2008, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Education does not guarantee anything - but it does optomize your choices.

I have known Pac enough years to know he doesn't get upset by an honest post.  Expressing my opinion just as you are.

But  it is not about one person, it's about people typing a blatant "solution" to an opinion. "Get and education"  doesn't sound like an opinion to me. And that's why i decided to post.  An education is not the end all and be all but people always throw that out there like it means something.  It doesn't always, trust me.   One thing that upsets me is when I hear someone say "Go get an education" like that will make it all right.

Maybe I am taking Pac's story personally.  But, I too have dealth with people such as this.  I talk alot about the celebrities, the members of the "lucky sperm club" and others who receive "lucky winfalls" who take it all for granted when some folks can't even catch a decent break.  Its not about jealousy and hating. It's about being the "victum" for lack of a better word, of those who feel that they have the right to disregard others.  NO, they don't owe me anything, but some people are paying for the greed of others.  And I for one am getting fed up.

And being on this forum for years doesn't really prove anything.  This is still cyberspace-one site among hundreds of millions.  Members come and go; I doubt that "PACATTACK is on the birth certificate. So unless you are a neighbor, you may not really know the person behind the cybername.  Its nothing to brag about.

Bahamas
    Member #44107
    July 30, 2006
    252 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2008, 12:26 am - IP Logged

I think you need to  think again because everybody needs money. Older people in some cases are more mature and maybe they can handle there money better.  Like someone else said maybe they win because they were playing longer, so don't feel bad, feel good for anyone who wins then you may get your victory.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2008, 1:01 am - IP Logged

It's true that a good education won't guarantee that you'll be wealthy or successful.  However, it opens up more doors. Still, I think attitude, lifestyle and just getting off your butt and doing something to improve your situation are all just as important.  I'm saying that from experience.  I can't even begin to add up how much of my life I've wasted, not to mention the money I'd have now if I didn't screw up so much. 

BTW, I wasn't attacking Pac.  I think people forget that I live in the same area and have worked here for many years.  Working in retail, you meet hundreds of loonies that crawl out of every crevice, especially on Saturday.  I've been yelled at, sworn at and called everything from a liar to an idiot..and worse. Once a man was so upset about getting the wrong chair (not my fault either) that he came into the store screaming that I had no right to live.  Don't get me started or I'll tell you about the customer service position I had for a maid service.  I was such a nervous wreck that the manager fired me after a month.  People would call up screaming because they found a dust bunny under the bed.

I'll skip the next 5000 stories.  So, Pac, please don't tell me I don't have a clue about what you mean.  I'm sure that many people on this board wake up and go to work waiting on people every day.  One of my neighbors cleans houses all day so she can feed her kids.

To tell you the truth, when you said $60 for a ride to the airport I was surprised, but that's because I haven't taken a limo is a long time.  It's only 3 exits up the interstate.  Last time I drove to RSW it took me 20-25 minutes, and I drive like a little old lady.  Bonita Springs is exit 116, Estero is 123, Alico Rd is 128 and Daniels (the airport) is 131.  (131-116 = 15 miles)  I'm guessing your passengers might not even realize they're being stingy. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2008, 2:23 am - IP Logged

As I posted on another thread:

"Most successful people worked hard and/or got a good break and ran with it.
        Most
        unsuccessful people didn't. Some people worked hard, but ran into some illness or bad luck.
        Some lazy slobs happened to be born into wealth or filed the right lawsuit."

We're not going to change the crappy attitudes of everyone we meet.
        Equal opportunity doesn't mean equal outcome.

So, you either have to make your own way ... or get one of those trust-fund babes jxp keeps teasing you about, in the back of your limo. Do like they do in Hollywood. I hear even a bagel maker can get a sugar-mommy, out there. LOL

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
          Inglewood
          United States
          Member #41769
          June 22, 2006
          122 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2008, 3:28 am - IP Logged

But  it is not about one person, it's about people typing a blatant "solution" to an opinion. "Get and education"  doesn't sound like an opinion to me. And that's why i decided to post.  An education is not the end all and be all but people always throw that out there like it means something.  It doesn't always, trust me.   One thing that upsets me is when I hear someone say "Go get an education" like that will make it all right.

Maybe I am taking Pac's story personally.  But, I too have dealth with people such as this.  I talk alot about the celebrities, the members of the "lucky sperm club" and others who receive "lucky winfalls" who take it all for granted when some folks can't even catch a decent break.  Its not about jealousy and hating. It's about being the "victum" for lack of a better word, of those who feel that they have the right to disregard others.  NO, they don't owe me anything, but some people are paying for the greed of others.  And I for one am getting fed up.

And being on this forum for years doesn't really prove anything.  This is still cyberspace-one site among hundreds of millions.  Members come and go; I doubt that "PACATTACK is on the birth certificate. So unless you are a neighbor, you may not really know the person behind the cybername.  Its nothing to brag about.

I agree! At $100 per barrell, the day may be fast approaching when some of our finest Phd's may be fishing aluminum cans from trash bins. Not everyone that does not dot their i's or cross their t's is an idiot. The coming years may prove that a culture of excess, will have the lessons to learn!!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4054 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2008, 3:38 am - IP Logged

It's pretty pathetic that a low life like me gives better tips to a taxi driver, or someone who delivers a pizza to me, than someone who complains over and over about petty crap which doesen't mean a drop in the bucket to them.

You're damn right I got an attitude ! It sickens me. Excuse me while I go throw up !

Pac, just by you mentioning it - negates it all.  That's right.  Those better tips you give - are gone with the wind dude.   The worthy one is the person who gives and never mentions it.  You attitude and whether it sickens you makes you no better than than the person who gave nothing.

When you give in silent and without praise - is when you get the greatest reward.  It's a God law - a law that man had nothing to do with and can not touch, destroy or change.  It's a spiritual law.  Oh I forgot you don't believe in God do you.  My bad.

takeemtothebank

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5587 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2008, 8:26 am - IP Logged

No that is not good advice.

An education does NOT mean you will get the better chances in life. I did take the right path in life But it does NOT mean things will change. Pac is just voicing his opinion on the things that exists in his life the pisses him off.  Stop being so judgemental and allow people to voice their opinions.  You go on forums to be heard not attacked.

Some of you have things that others do that may or may not affect you directly but you have an opinion on what you see. Should you be judged for it? I say no.

I play the lottery and yes I get upset when I see people winning and think why not me?  I read about the  level 3 sex offenders who win the lottery not because of good karma but blind luck.  I see people like David Edwards who had the chance that we all want and still piss it all away.  Does that make me angry? yes!  Because I did as you said.  I worked my way through college, earned my degree, I had a great job in the mortgage industry but am now unemployed because of the greed that existed.  And whether or not you folks admit it here,  there are things  in your life that make you want to vent.  And it is your right, allow others theirs.  God! sometimes you folks are so judgemental.  We are all strangers in cyberspace people  and don't know the whole story, it will do you good to remember that sometimes. Jees.

Yes it is good advice.  I suggest you read the entire thread. We have a person in cyberspace ranting, raving, and generalizing about rich people being tightwads and himself being super generous.  Then we have some people trying to advise and show some concern.  Then you have lottocalgal, whose opinion is:

"An education does NOT mean you will get the better chances in life."

In my opinion that is not very heplful and not true, education is very important and improves ones chances greatly to do better in life.

If you knew Pac or read any of his stuff, he hammers his opinions relentlessly, he is quite capable of handling himself.  P.S. We cyberlove the Pacster.

I am sorry you lost your job.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Yes it is good advice.  I suggest you read the entire thread. We have a person in cyberspace ranting, raving, and generalizing about rich people being tightwads and himself being super generous.  Then we have some people trying to advise and show some concern.  Then you have lottocalgal, whose opinion is:

In my opinion that is not very heplful and not true, education is very important and improves ones chances greatly to do better in life.

If you knew Pac or read any of his stuff, he hammers his opinions relentlessly, he is quite capable of handling himself.  P.S. We cyberlove the Pacster.

Lurking Hmmmm  reading through this post,  I think the older the better .    There would be alot of life lessons that would go unnoticed if only the young won the lottery. 

I could see my daughter ,  23 years old,  with 267 million dollars.    The poor thing would be near death by the first week trying to spend it all.

When we give the children money, she gets hers in small doses.  She couldn't handle $1000 at one time.. lol

My son on the other hand, 29,  could hold on to the $1000 from one year to the next.  You could mark the bills and he would have the same 10 Bills one year later.  He just doesn't care to blow money the way my daughter does.

My daughter spends it to be spending it.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  12018 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2008, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I suppose the reason we want to win the lottery is so that we can become rich and change other peoples  perception of the wealthy..........

"We want to become rich so that wedon't have to deal with them"

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: March 2, 2008, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Pac, just by you mentioning it - negates it all.  That's right.  Those better tips you give - are gone with the wind dude.   The worthy one is the person who gives and never mentions it.  You attitude and whether it sickens you makes you no better than than the person who gave nothing.

When you give in silent and without praise - is when you get the greatest reward.  It's a God law - a law that man had nothing to do with and can not touch, destroy or change.  It's a spiritual law.  Oh I forgot you don't believe in God do you.  My bad.

Oh I forgot you don't believe in God do you.  My bad.

No, but I do believe in the tooth fairy though.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Again, for the 27th time, I'm gonna write this in big fonts hoping that no part will be missed this time.

This has nothing to do with my financial status. I was COMMENTING on the stingy rich folk.

NOT ABOUT MY LIFE.

GOT IT?

What part of this don't folks here get. I'll be glad to further itemize if it needs be.

For those who have been living in a cave, waitresses get about 2 bucks an hour because they rely on TIPS.

Limo drivers get what they get because they rely on TIPS.

And just in case someone didn't read my posts before they reply about my financial status...once again.....Most of my good tips come from regular people......SO....that means I don't hate my life, or want to go out and get an education, or anything else from a-z that has nothing to do with the price of wontons in China. Iam merely giving an opinion on my experiences.

Alright, I'm wondering how many posts I'm going to read about my lack of ketchup in my fridge, or whether the type of shoes I'm currently wearing has any bearing to this subject.

Maybe someone should suggest that I buy some cool sunglasses. Yeah, that'll make them tip better.

C'mon folks, I know some of you are just itching to bring something totally irrelavent into the picture and twist my words.

Go ahead. Make my day !

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                        Member #91
                        January 19, 2002
                        12018 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2008, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Bruno Marley's??

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2008, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Again, for the 27th time, I'm gonna write this in big fonts hoping that no part will be missed this time.

This has nothing to do with my financial status. I was COMMENTING on the stingy rich folk.

NOT ABOUT MY LIFE.

GOT IT?

What part of this don't folks here get. I'll be glad to further itemize if it needs be.

For those who have been living in a cave, waitresses get about 2 bucks an hour because they rely on TIPS.

Limo drivers get what they get because they rely on TIPS.

And just in case someone didn't read my posts before they reply about my financial status...once again.....Most of my good tips come from regular people......SO....that means I don't hate my life, or want to go out and get an education, or anything else from a-z that has nothing to do with the price of wontons in China. Iam merely giving an opinion on my experiences.

Alright, I'm wondering how many posts I'm going to read about my lack of ketchup in my fridge, or whether the type of shoes I'm currently wearing has any bearing to this subject.

Maybe someone should suggest that I buy some cool sunglasses. Yeah, that'll make them tip better.

C'mon folks, I know some of you are just itching to bring something totally irrelavent into the picture and twist my words.

Go ahead. Make my day !

Pacattack,

This happens all the time here at LP.  You talk about one thing, others want to find flaw in something mentioned so they can go into attack mode.

I once was talking about a family who had a well abled son. This son refused to do anything but lay on the couch and order his mother and father around.  He was too dang lazy to attend his own mother's funeral.  His father continued to wait hand and foot on him.  If the father did not fix this overgrown son what he wanted to eat and bring to him, the son would throw it at him.  The father recently passed.  I just wondered what the fat slob was doing now.   For someone reason, there were plenty here who took up for the fat slob.   I just hope these people do not have children or grandchildren who turn out like this spoiled fat slob did.  Basically he worked his mother and father to death.

Once I went on about tips.. I sure got a big one going there too..   So be careful there are lots of nerves out there.  Watch which one you yank.

Tntea

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: March 2, 2008, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I suppose the reason we want to win the lottery is so that we can become rich and change other peoples  perception of the wealthy..........

"We want to become rich so that wedon't have to deal with them"

This is a great reply, fja. 

Also, LuckyLilly wrote: Ban the old rich people from playing, and I'd hate to see the dive the jackpot amounts take.  Gotta have money going in to have prize money coming out. 

I agree.  Pac is saying that he sees lots of people in luxury cars buying tickets.  Others are saying they should leave some for the "rest of us"  (I didn't know the lottery was a charity!)  Eliminate the people who "don't really need it" and the lottery wouldn't exist. 

Also - by resenting others who have more, old or young, isn't it like being angry at the gorgeous models like Heidi Klum who make millions just because they look good?  How about the athletes who make millions every year?  Oprah, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Judge Judy and many others spend an hour on TV and make over $30 million a year.  Should they share it will us?

Oh, just another comment.  Pac, if these folks were really as stingy as you say, why would they pay $60 for a ride up the street to the airport?  You keep mentioning Bonita Bay. I worked with a man who has a gorgeous home there. I don't think I've ever known anyone who works harder.  He was so proud the day he became a U.S. Citizen too.  I also had dinner with a man who started a microchip company who bought a condo there (one of many homes) He came from abject poverty.  The developer in NH I've mentioned in past posts (who drove the Ferrari) was so poor his mother would put him & his brothers in bed together in their winter coats, because she couldn't afford heat. He passed way, and I thought of him when I heard John Edwards talking about a working mother who was afraid of losing her children. 

By the way, next time you get a call from one of these stingy people, if I give you my number will you please call me?  I've always wanted to remain anonymous, but it would cost me $5 or $6 in gas roundtrip, so I'll be happy to drive them to the airport for $50 without a tip.  LOL  Gosh, 2 or 3 times a day and I'll be a happy camper.  Wow, you just gave me an idea, Pac! 

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2008, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

You're right. Why didn't I think of that? I forgot all about the 100 grand in my bank for startup expenses. What was I thinking?

Careful here Pacattack...  I thought you were setting that 100 grand aside in fear that the toothfairy may need to bust a loan with you.