Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who really need money?

Topic closed. 133 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 7 of 9
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Many years ago, i learned somwhere that if someome wanted to replicate the brain, machine wise, the computer would be the size of the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING, and cost a miilion dollars a day in electricity to run it.

Science.....what a concept.

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3474 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2008, 2:11 am - IP Logged

Pac, don't you know that God works in mysterious ways? Don't you wish people would happily fall for BS like that when you don't have a good answer for other things?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
      Charlotte NC
      United States
      Member #17406
      June 18, 2005
      4053 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2008, 4:27 am - IP Logged

I didn't want to turn this topic into a religous debate.

I'll answer you. The first thing I'll do if he's up there is to ask if one question. I'll apologize after he provides an answer. I'll ask him which God is he. That'll be my first question.

Is he the god of christians? Is he the god of the jews? Is the god of the buddahs? Is he the god of the muslims? ...Thor? Posieden?

If he can answer to me which one of those I should've known to pick, then I'll ask him why did he not show his face for such a very long time, and whether he did that on purpose or is that the way he wanted it to look?

If he can answer all those questions, then he's got my vote, and I will bow to him. But that'll never happen, because all those questions I proposed can't possibly be answered. He would have to change the laws of logic and common sense to answer convincingly.

No god would create 37 different religions and let the world sort it all out, each claiming they have the secret. Give me a break already.

No god would allow 50 million people to die during a war like WWII, and allow one third of the population of the earth to be wiped out because of some rats that created the bubonic plague in the 1600s.

No god would allow the rest of humanity suffer because one man and a woman messed up in a so called garden of eden. It's all fairytales my friend.

I can say this though. If I ever get a chance to meet him, if he indeed exists, I'll be waiting behind a very very long line of people who used their brains to sort out life's mysteries by what they've been given to them, not because someone told them so. They'll have many questions that god could have had answers to and made them public a long time ago. But he didn't. He left his kids in the dark wondering who they should believe in. If that's not a red flag to you, then maybe you should answer some of those questions I posed. Maybe if you understand the questions better, a red flag might pop into your head, among many other red flags. Miracles can happen you know.....

Oh ....BTW, why do men have nipples? Does god make mistakes? Oh yes he does....Hmmm...I forgot about Noah, where he says that he'll never ever do this again, as if having human qualities concerning emotions....It's laughable. An omnipotent being not sure if he did the right thing, but after he does it, he gets a guilty complex...ROFL

takeemtothebank

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2008, 11:25 am - IP Logged

I didn't want to turn this topic into a religous debate.

I'll answer you. The first thing I'll do if he's up there is to ask if one question. I'll apologize after he provides an answer. I'll ask him which God is he. That'll be my first question.

Is he the god of christians? Is he the god of the jews? Is the god of the buddahs? Is he the god of the muslims? ...Thor? Posieden?

If he can answer to me which one of those I should've known to pick, then I'll ask him why did he not show his face for such a very long time, and whether he did that on purpose or is that the way he wanted it to look?

If he can answer all those questions, then he's got my vote, and I will bow to him. But that'll never happen, because all those questions I proposed can't possibly be answered. He would have to change the laws of logic and common sense to answer convincingly.

No god would create 37 different religions and let the world sort it all out, each claiming they have the secret. Give me a break already.

No god would allow 50 million people to die during a war like WWII, and allow one third of the population of the earth to be wiped out because of some rats that created the bubonic plague in the 1600s.

No god would allow the rest of humanity suffer because one man and a woman messed up in a so called garden of eden. It's all fairytales my friend.

I can say this though. If I ever get a chance to meet him, if he indeed exists, I'll be waiting behind a very very long line of people who used their brains to sort out life's mysteries by what they've been given to them, not because someone told them so. They'll have many questions that god could have had answers to and made them public a long time ago. But he didn't. He left his kids in the dark wondering who they should believe in. If that's not a red flag to you, then maybe you should answer some of those questions I posed. Maybe if you understand the questions better, a red flag might pop into your head, among many other red flags. Miracles can happen you know.....

Oh ....BTW, why do men have nipples? Does god make mistakes? Oh yes he does....Hmmm...I forgot about Noah, where he says that he'll never ever do this again, as if having human qualities concerning emotions....It's laughable. An omnipotent being not sure if he did the right thing, but after he does it, he gets a guilty complex...ROFL

Pac writes:

"I'll answer you. The first thing I'll do if he's up there is to ask if one question. I'll apologize after he provides an answer. I'll ask him which God is he. That'll be my first question.

Is he the god of christians? Is he the god of the jews? Is the god of the buddahs? Is he the god of the muslims? ...Thor? Posieden?"

So you are saying you are going up there?  And you are going to start interrogating God before you apologise?  I think your level of humbleness approaches that of someone who has a God complex.  And as far as starting a religious debate, the techniques you use to disqualify people as being as "BRILLIANT" as yourself are pathetic, unrelated, and off topic.

Your rant on questioning God (someone who doesn't exist) is just that , another rant leaving out the inifinite good that comes from God.  You see, one of the life's challenges is taking the good along with the bad.

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
          mn
          United States
          Member #59040
          March 4, 2008
          276 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2008, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

only people who need money are great figure heads such as kings, queens, and monguls of industry. Only so they can take over and control more land. Which is EXACTLY what I want to do

-Imperialism is the greatest concept of all time.-

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2008, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

How do I know my clients live there? I know because these people are regular customers. I should have clarified earlier, that I was complaining about the people I used to randomly pick up at the airport a year or so ago. People who I didn't know, using our service for the first time. Since then, I have been working in a company who has regularrs who've been with my boss for up to 10 years now. I know they aren't the maids because these are people whom I've had many conversations, and they know me as pacman.

Who is assuming what? Maybe you?

You ask what percentage should be given? Well it seems to me that you have no idea about the general rules of thumb for tipping, and ASSume you know better, when in fact you don't even know the fundamentals.

But if you must know, it's customary to give 15-20%. And I always give great service. Which you also ASSumed, once agin.

The rugalars know the deal, it's people from Germany, Iowa, Canada, and others who have to be shown what the customs are. The germans think that the tip is included with the fare because that's how they do it over there. And the rest just don't have a clue, just like you.

But if you must know, it's customary to give 15-20%. And I always give great service. Which you also ASSumed, once agin.

I agree.   Less than 20% is an insult.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2008, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Pac writes:

"I'll answer you. The first thing I'll do if he's up there is to ask if one question. I'll apologize after he provides an answer. I'll ask him which God is he. That'll be my first question.

Is he the god of christians? Is he the god of the jews? Is the god of the buddahs? Is he the god of the muslims? ...Thor? Posieden?"

So you are saying you are going up there?  And you are going to start interrogating God before you apologise?  I think your level of humbleness approaches that of someone who has a God complex.  And as far as starting a religious debate, the techniques you use to disqualify people as being as "BRILLIANT" as yourself are pathetic, unrelated, and off topic.

Your rant on questioning God (someone who doesn't exist) is just that , another rant leaving out the inifinite good that comes from God.  You see, one of the life's challenges is taking the good along with the bad.

So you are saying you are going up there? 

Folks read this. Here is an exampe of a deranged mind. A few posts ago he accuses me of eluding his question, and then when I respond, he replies by saying that I think I'm really going to meet him. He proposed a hypothetical question and I answered. I never said that I would definitely meet him. DUH!

Jarasan, nevermind the facts, just stay brain washed if it makes you content. Afterall, you must be used to not using your brain, since you believe everything people tell you. You and your faster than light Tachyons, or whatever BS.

Santa personally told me your wrong. He said that if you don't belive in him, he'll send you to the north pole....naked. So you better repent.

Buy a clue, they're cheap at walmart. Oh BTW...the earth is flat, and the earth is the center of the universe too I guess.

And the moon, it hangeth upon nothing.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2008, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Pac Your memory banks are what I call volatile, unstable and definiteley have  corruption, they may need replacement,  show me (us) where I said that. You must be thinking of some other person who believes in God.  I have never made that statement. 

I have discussed religion with you before, but you won't answer and ignore the question I have asked you several times, because the answer is inconvienient to your arguments.

I will ask it again:  When you die, will you find out whether or not there is a God?

And if there is a God, will you apologise?

It's funny how the bible thumpers put science down, and then use science to prove their theory. It just boggles my mind.

When I ask a christians if they believe the universe is only 6,000 years old, most say yes. However, I find the christians who don't believe it more interesting. They are at a cross road. How? I'll tell ya.

1. If they do belive it's true, then they have made their mind up through trust.

2. If they don't, then they have some explaining to do. How can I believe the universe is billions of years old and believe in the bible at the same time?.

Well....those galaxies that you see, well....God changed the laws of physics concerning the speed of light when he created the universe. And that's why we can see the light of galaxies billions of light years away....SEE? That's why ! Another problem solved. I'll just twist the laws of physics to prove my point. I'll do anything to overcome common sense. I'm desparate.  

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2008, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Pac, don't you know that God works in mysterious ways? Don't you wish people would happily fall for BS like that when you don't have a good answer for other things?

You're right. He'd be the best mystery writer of all. You have to read the end to find out if it was the butler or not. The only difference between a good mystery novel, and christianity is that with christianity it's too late when you find out at the end. After I read a good book, i still wake up the next day.

Don't you wish people would happily fall for BS like that when you don't have a good answer for other things

You make an excellent point. I wish that they were just as confident about how to cure the common cold....lol

They can't cure the most basic cold, but they know the secrets of the universe. They not only know the name of this entity, but know what his plans are with what price and what everyone needs to do to pass this test. They know the rules and regulations, and curse everyone else who has a different belief system. This is the true way, and all else are just mislead by satan and need to repent. Blah Blah Blah...

I guess there's never a dull moment with god. He likes to live on the edge, and expects everyone else to do the same. I don't ever remember to agreeing to these terms. Do You?

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2008, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Well thanx Tenaj. I always welcome a hug. You're beautiful.

I just love elephant freakin eybrows.

Wait a minute...Is that a pink elephant?

Justxploring must be right. Someone just slipped me a daffy...ooops...I meant mickey.

Pink Elephants. Yipeeeee!

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2008, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

It's funny how the bible thumpers put science down, and then use science to prove their theory. It just boggles my mind.

When I ask a christians if they believe the universe is only 6,000 years old, most say yes. However, I find the christians who don't believe it more interesting. They are at a cross road. How? I'll tell ya.

1. If they do belive it's true, then they have made their mind up through trust.

2. If they don't, then they have some explaining to do. How can I believe the universe is billions of years old and believe in the bible at the same time?.

Well....those galaxies that you see, well....God changed the laws of physics concerning the speed of light when he created the universe. And that's why we can see the light of galaxies billions of light years away....SEE? That's why ! Another problem solved. I'll just twist the laws of physics to prove my point. I'll do anything to overcome common sense. I'm desparate.  

You are incapable of a simple yes or no. You are arguing with yourself.  The reason you go on and on and on is clear, you are not convinced completely that there is no God.  There is doubt somewhere in that vast brain of yours (or your heart)  that you may be wrong. If you have "no doubt" you won't be meeting your maker, you would simply say:

"NO!,  I am not apologising to a non-existent being".

But you keep trying to convince yourself, no way, He ain't there, He hasn't shown Himself to me the way I wan't Him to.  The answer you gave is a contingency plan, another argument with yourself.

Trust, is the wrong word, the word is faith.

You don't have to twist the laws of physics, physicists do that every day, leave it to the professionals.

P.S. You need to re-read psycomos post, the fine print, and I don't thump bibles.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2008, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

You are incapable of a simple yes or no. You are arguing with yourself.  The reason you go on and on and on is clear, you are not convinced completely that there is no God.  There is doubt somewhere in that vast brain of yours (or your heart)  that you may be wrong. If you have "no doubt" you won't be meeting your maker, you would simply say:

"NO!,  I am not apologising to a non-existent being".

But you keep trying to convince yourself, no way, He ain't there, He hasn't shown Himself to me the way I wan't Him to.  The answer you gave is a contingency plan, another argument with yourself.

Trust, is the wrong word, the word is faith.

You don't have to twist the laws of physics, physicists do that every day, leave it to the professionals.

P.S. You need to re-read psycomos post, the fine print, and I don't thump bibles.

Of course we don't have the answers, but we don't make them up.

There will always be doubt. That's the beauty of science. It's an ever morphing learning process. Doubting in this case is a healthy one. It's not soley of the doubt in my brain, but more of a generic common sense that tells me something just ain't kosher. Religion is like a fixed rate. 4.7% flat rate.

I like the adjustable rates. I measure the market depending on how many idiots i meet that day and bet accordingly. I have a knack for picking the winners....lol

Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2008, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Of course we don't have the answers, but we don't make them up.

There will always be doubt. That's the beauty of science. It's an ever morphing learning process. Doubting in this case is a healthy one. It's not soley of the doubt in my brain, but more of a generic common sense that tells me something just ain't kosher. Religion is like a fixed rate. 4.7% flat rate.

I like the adjustable rates. I measure the market depending on how many idiots i meet that day and bet accordingly. I have a knack for picking the winners....lol

So if your "no God" postulate is wrong,  it's OK, it was just an experiment,  no biggie,  God forgives, you're covered, thank God!  I am a good person, just very curious about the speed of light thing......................and......and.......

It ain't the lottery.  You have only one shot at this one Pac! There is no day no night draw tommorrow.

Nobody has the answers, of course, but there is the inevitable end, you'll get your answer there,  100% guaranteed, no doubt, no more unanswered questions, that is my point, one shot, heads or tails, one time. 

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2008, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

So if your "no God" postulate is wrong,  it's OK, it was just an experiment,  no biggie,  God forgives, you're covered, thank God!  I am a good person, just very curious about the speed of light thing......................and......and.......

It ain't the lottery.  You have only one shot at this one Pac! There is no day no night draw tommorrow.

Nobody has the answers, of course, but there is the inevitable end, you'll get your answer there,  100% guaranteed, no doubt, no more unanswered questions, that is my point, one shot, heads or tails, one time. 

You raise an excellent point. I learned this while i was working at the bookstore in Baruch college. I obviously fancied the theology 101 section...lol

I have to agree with jarasan on this point. There is an old axiom that states how to cover your butt at the end. Here goes....very simple....

1. If you believe and you're right, then you have succeeed in achieving the right goal.

2. If you don't believe, there is a possibility that you could be wrong.

So the best choice would be number 1. But that's misleading. Again...lol

Most people choose number one because it's an easy way out. It's misleading. It's a cop out.

Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5583 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2008, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

You raise an excellent point. I learned this while i was working at the bookstore in Baruch college. I obviously fancied the theology 101 section...lol

I have to agree with jarasan on this point. There is an old axiom that states how to cover your butt at the end. Here goes....very simple....

1. If you believe and you're right, then you have succeeed in achieving the right goal.

2. If you don't believe, there is a possibility that you could be wrong.

So the best choice would be number 1. But that's misleading. Again...lol

Most people choose number one because it's an easy way out. It's misleading. It's a cop out.

I believe it was St. Vincent.

Of course, for "YOU", choice #1 is a cop out.  So, the idiots in Pacs world (everybody) that believe there is a God are misled, are cop outs, and take the easy way out. Your superlative logic and reasoning is undeniably genius.

As you said earlier you have a hunch that there is a problem with the "God" thing,  good for you, and thanks for trying to convince the faithful to reject their God. 

Well, believe it or not, there are billions of people that have the hunch that there is a God, a higher power,  and CHOOSE to believe (faith), and to live their lives as they feel they should, in His hands.