Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who really need money?

Topic closed. 133 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 6 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2008, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

If you can, lock in your rent rate. Rents are about to soar for people who don't.

Thanks, I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm going to move soon.  I also don't think it's like that at all around here time*treat.  You might be thinking of an apartment building or a complex.    Everywhere you look there are signs "for rent."  Also, if I drive to neighboring town, there are streets of empty homes that builders with excess inventory are renting for the price of an apartment.  My rent would never go up too much..maybe $25.  I already discussed it with the owner, although he could be lying to me. The place he owns next door has been empty since 10/1, but I'm not complaining!  He knows if I leave the entire place needs renovation, including new carpet, kitchen floor, bathroom, etc.  But this is has been the perfect place for me, since I have insomnia. Even a $3,000 a month highrise wouldn't do me any good if there was noise. I live on a quiet side street with a big yard, which is why I stay. 

Since Pac said I live near poor people (which is true) and is making it sound as if I live in a slum on the bad part of town, I can't help but add that the home on the corner is listed for $689,000 and in back of me the sign says "from $1.8M" It's really insane, but I guess they're hoping someone drops in from Mars.  I'm not rich or even close, but anyone living in areas of CA, FL, New York, MA...etc. understands what I mean.  Most places around here rent for over $1,000 but I get a break.  I was going to move 2 years ago, but then the housing market began to fall, so I've been waiting. 

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 2, 2008, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

With all due respect, you're an idiot !

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2008, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan, Buy a clue.

God loves you.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5587 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2008, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Jarasan, Buy a clue.

God loves you.

Surprise! Still won't answer.

A direct question,  you pitch a couple of insults, and that's fine. Par for the course.

God loves you also.

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
          Washington State
          United States
          Member #33973
          February 26, 2006
          347 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2008, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

I think  money is more useful to young people.    But jackpot winners are always old people.  

W hat a pity it is Dead !!         

Pardon me for getting back to a reply to the OP's statement.  (Wow, did this thread ever go off on some tangents!)

One might look at it this way, money might be more useful to young people but it is entirely possible that when old people win big jackpots there are actually more young people who benefit.  It has been my observation that when older people win, they often make comments about sharing their winnings with their adult children and grandchildren.  How often, by contrast, do we hear about young people winning who comment about sharing their winnings with their adult siblings?  And there seem to be large numbers of people on this board who specifically say they would share little or none with their siblings.

Oh, the adult children of the big winners may not get as much at first, but so often the comments include such things as paying off the children's mortgages and the like.  That's certainly a benefit.  Perhaps the adult children will not get so much that they will be able to retire in their 20s or 30s.  But is that such a bad thing?  Their parents might want them to be productive members of society.  I'd venture a guess that a fair proportion of parents have a good idea of which of their children would start businesses or otherwise use additional money wisely should they gift or loan additional amounts to them and which children would just blow it and sit on their fanny. 

There are certainly some elderly who win who just blow it, too.  But since many people actually do learn something about managing money over a lifetime and older people have less time left in which to blow it, it is highly likely that someone will inherit a portion of those winnings someday.  And who is that likely to be?  In most cases, the children or other younger relatives. 

Republic of Texas
            United States
            Member #57557
            January 9, 2008
            1095 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2008, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Pac - how do you know your clients' financial situation? Because you picked them up in a "rich" neighborhood? Maybe that "rich old lady" you drove to the store to buy lottery tickets just lost all her money to some scam artist and the bank is about to forclose on her home.  Maybe that "rich guy" business is going out of business and has spent the last dollar on a lottery ticket hoping to win the "big one". Maybe that "stingy old rich lady" you picked up the other day was really the maid. You don't know their bank balances, Pac. You ASSume much.

Also, tips are given over and above a charge for a certain service, and given for good service provided. First - what percent do you think is required?  Should we make a tip tax to make sure you get that percent? Second - maybe your service you gave was not really that good and the client tipped accordingly. That does not make them stingy. No one is obligated to share their wealth with you.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
              Member #26882
              November 23, 2005
              1404 Posts
              Posted: March 2, 2008, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Hey Pac,

I just found out not long ago that my husband and I were in the poor class, and here I always thought we were considered middle class until I saw in the paper one day the governments list of classes. By income, it listed if you were considered rich, middle class or poor.

I said to my husband, did you know were are considered poor? He said really, I thought we were middle class. Well I don't feel poor by any means, we get our bills paid, own a home, have 2 cars and we do have a bit extra to do things, even with just having a unexpected baby, but then again, we are 40 years old and saved for the 16 years of our marriage.

My husband and I were always good tippers and still are. We went to a upper class restaurant around Christmas for a treat, and I gave our waiter a 20 dollar tip, and he was so excited, I thought he was going to cry! When I gave him the tip, I actually felt embarrassed and said it was not much but I handed it to him and Said Merry Christmas. When I saw how happy he was about what I thought was not enough, I said to him, is that a good tip? And he said yes! And I said with all these suits that come here to eat, you mean to tell me they do not give bigger tips than that? and the waiter said ha, I'm lucky to get 5 buck from those people! I was surprised to hear that. I gave the tip because of his good service as well, he was really helpful and pleasant and because I wanted to give.

Well pac, my point here is maybe its not the middle class giving you good tips, maybe it's the poor! LOL

Just like income classes that are different classes of personality, some like to give, and some don't. No matter what the income.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
                Member #26882
                November 23, 2005
                1404 Posts
                Posted: March 2, 2008, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Pac - how do you know your clients' financial situation? Because you picked them up in a "rich" neighborhood? Maybe that "rich old lady" you drove to the store to buy lottery tickets just lost all her money to some scam artist and the bank is about to forclose on her home.  Maybe that "rich guy" business is going out of business and has spent the last dollar on a lottery ticket hoping to win the "big one". Maybe that "stingy old rich lady" you picked up the other day was really the maid. You don't know their bank balances, Pac. You ASSume much.

Also, tips are given over and above a charge for a certain service, and given for good service provided. First - what percent do you think is required?  Should we make a tip tax to make sure you get that percent? Second - maybe your service you gave was not really that good and the client tipped accordingly. That does not make them stingy. No one is obligated to share their wealth with you.

Some restaurants around my area, actually add your tip right onto your bill! The first time that happened to me, I was shocked, and said to my husband, well, I guess they are getting their tips one way or another hey? LOL, unreal! We don't mind giving tips at all, but, it's a bit crude, I think for a restaurant to just add it onto your bill.

Republic of Texas
                  United States
                  Member #57557
                  January 9, 2008
                  1095 Posts
                  Posted: March 2, 2008, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I agree, when they make a tip mandatory, it no longer becomes a tip, but a cost of the service. They might as well pay their people more instead of adding the tip in the bill automatically for parties of less than 8 people.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2008, 2:19 am - IP Logged

I have read that people who wait tables are income taxed on "estimated" tips, whether they actually got them or not. Even if you got it all back after filing ... Unhappy

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5143 Posts
                      Posted: March 3, 2008, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I think  money is more useful to young people.    But jackpot winners are always old people.  

W hat a pity it is Dead !!         

wantmoney>>>>>>>>>>>>>from who, when and where?????????

YOUNG PEOPLE in CHINA are doing GREAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

YOUNG PEOPLE in RUSSIA are beganning to PERUCLATE>>>>>>>>

YOUNG PEOPLE in MEXICO>>>>>>RUSH to>>>>>THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!

????? to U wantmoney:

WHAT "R" U- DOING??

too EARN money?

WELCOME ALL >>>>>>YOUNG & OLD PEOPLE 2D LOTTERY POST

PartyPartyPartyDrumJack-in-the-Box

PSYKOMO 

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2008, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

How do I know my clients live there? I know because these people are regular customers. I should have clarified earlier, that I was complaining about the people I used to randomly pick up at the airport a year or so ago. People who I didn't know, using our service for the first time. Since then, I have been working in a company who has regularrs who've been with my boss for up to 10 years now. I know they aren't the maids because these are people whom I've had many conversations, and they know me as pacman.

Who is assuming what? Maybe you?

You ask what percentage should be given? Well it seems to me that you have no idea about the general rules of thumb for tipping, and ASSume you know better, when in fact you don't even know the fundamentals.

But if you must know, it's customary to give 15-20%. And I always give great service. Which you also ASSumed, once agin.

The rugalars know the deal, it's people from Germany, Iowa, Canada, and others who have to be shown what the customs are. The germans think that the tip is included with the fare because that's how they do it over there. And the rest just don't have a clue, just like you.

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2008, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Surprise! Still won't answer.

A direct question,  you pitch a couple of insults, and that's fine. Par for the course.

God loves you also.

I didn't want to turn this topic into a religous debate.

I'll answer you. The first thing I'll do if he's up there is to ask if one question. I'll apologize after he provides an answer. I'll ask him which God is he. That'll be my first question.

Is he the god of christians? Is he the god of the jews? Is the god of the buddahs? Is he the god of the muslims? ...Thor? Posieden?

If he can answer to me which one of those I should've known to pick, then I'll ask him why did he not show his face for such a very long time, and whether he did that on purpose or is that the way he wanted it to look?

If he can answer all those questions, then he's got my vote, and I will bow to him. But that'll never happen, because all those questions I proposed can't possibly be answered. He would have to change the laws of logic and common sense to answer convincingly.

No god would create 37 different religions and let the world sort it all out, each claiming they have the secret. Give me a break already.

No god would allow 50 million people to die during a war like WWII, and allow one third of the population of the earth to be wiped out because of some rats that created the bubonic plague in the 1600s.

No god would allow the rest of humanity suffer because one man and a woman messed up in a so called garden of eden. It's all fairytales my friend.

I can say this though. If I ever get a chance to meet him, if he indeed exists, I'll be waiting behind a very very long line of people who used their brains to sort out life's mysteries by what they've been given to them, not because someone told them so. They'll have many questions that god could have had answers to and made them public a long time ago. But he didn't. He left his kids in the dark wondering who they should believe in. If that's not a red flag to you, then maybe you should answer some of those questions I posed. Maybe if you understand the questions better, a red flag might pop into your head, among many other red flags. Miracles can happen you know.....

Oh ....BTW, why do men have nipples? Does god make mistakes? Oh yes he does....Hmmm...I forgot about Noah, where he says that he'll never ever do this again, as if having human qualities concerning emotions....It's laughable. An omnipotent being not sure if he did the right thing, but after he does it, he gets a guilty complex...ROFL

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                            Member #4877
                            May 30, 2004
                            5143 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2008, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

I didn't want to turn this topic into a religous debate.

I'll answer you. The first thing I'll do if he's up there is to ask if one question. I'll apologize after he provides an answer. I'll ask him which God is he. That'll be my first question.

Is he the god of christians? Is he the god of the jews? Is the god of the buddahs? Is he the god of the muslims? ...Thor? Posieden?

If he can answer to me which one of those I should've known to pick, then I'll ask him why did he not show his face for such a very long time, and whether he did that on purpose or is that the way he wanted it to look?

If he can answer all those questions, then he's got my vote, and I will bow to him. But that'll never happen, because all those questions I proposed can't possibly be answered. He would have to change the laws of logic and common sense to answer convincingly.

No god would create 37 different religions and let the world sort it all out, each claiming they have the secret. Give me a break already.

No god would allow 50 million people to die during a war like WWII, and allow one third of the population of the earth to be wiped out because of some rats that created the bubonic plague in the 1600s.

No god would allow the rest of humanity suffer because one man and a woman messed up in a so called garden of eden. It's all fairytales my friend.

I can say this though. If I ever get a chance to meet him, if he indeed exists, I'll be waiting behind a very very long line of people who used their brains to sort out life's mysteries by what they've been given to them, not because someone told them so. They'll have many questions that god could have had answers to and made them public a long time ago. But he didn't. He left his kids in the dark wondering who they should believe in. If that's not a red flag to you, then maybe you should answer some of those questions I posed. Maybe if you understand the questions better, a red flag might pop into your head, among many other red flags. Miracles can happen you know.....

Oh ....BTW, why do men have nipples? Does god make mistakes? Oh yes he does....Hmmm...I forgot about Noah, where he says that he'll never ever do this again, as if having human qualities concerning emotions....It's laughable. An omnipotent being not sure if he did the right thing, but after he does it, he gets a guilty complex...ROFL

well>>>>>>SAID>>>>>>>>PAC^^^^^^^^

answer????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JEW$$$$$$$$$$$GENTILE?????????????MUSLIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>

McCain.........BoRock..........or ..................Hill-R-Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>

U>>>>>>>>must    Have    >>>>>>>FAIFTH^^^^^^^^^^^

WELCOME to the world of LOTTO & LOTTERY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL

PSYKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMOOOO!! 

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2008, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

well>>>>>>SAID>>>>>>>>PAC^^^^^^^^

answer????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JEW$$$$$$$$$$$GENTILE?????????????MUSLIM>>>>>>>>>>>>>

McCain.........BoRock..........or ..................Hill-R-Me>>>>>>>>>>>>>

U>>>>>>>>must    Have    >>>>>>>FAIFTH^^^^^^^^^^^

WELCOME to the world of LOTTO & LOTTERY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL

PSYKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMOOOO!! 

Thanx for the welcome...lol Psykomo is the best.

You're right. It's too much.

Why would an all knowing entity create a maginficant machine that most humans utilze, called the brain, which has the ability to rationalize, trouble shoot, disect, invert, invent, improve, create, think tank, lead, and visualize, then in the same breath say...well...when it comes to religion, then you must turn off all your endownments. Just believe that I'm right, even though I have no basis. The blind leading the blind. No obectives in research. Not subjective in debates. It's a disater waiting to happen. Stop using common sense from this point on, is what it basically is. Is it just silly ol me, or am I going crazy?

I already know the answer...lol