Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting number patterns?

Topic closed. 102 replies. Last post 8 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
KnuckleHead's avatar - box

United States
Member #73037
April 3, 2009
147 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2009, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Good day all. Very glad to have discovered this site.

I've new to this site. I have attempted to read a lot of the posts to understand how things work, while looking through them for info.

I'm afraid that I'm already lost. I keep reading through formulas and discussions that have "odds" built into them. Why do "odds" need to be calculated into the formulas? My idea is to analize past draws to find a pattern to the numbers that have already been drawn, then to extend that pattern to futue numbers not yet drawn. Has anyone done this before? Can something like this be done?

Thank you for any directions that I can be pointed into...

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Chicago
    United States
    Member #70678
    February 8, 2009
    889 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2009, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Hi Knucklehead!  Bear with me I'm sorry I don't know how to copy links. Go to the Lottery Systems Forum and check out the thread Win Your Lottery by Lotto-Logix...... and read Bob's latest post. LOL hurry up and vote so you can hopefully get his e-book for free . (It doesn't get any better than that) He's got lots of useful info especially for someone who's new to all of this.  As far as analizing past draws I like to use graph paper to chart the numbers.  I list the numbers across the top of the page and the date of each draw down the left side of the paper. For the numbers that hit I put a red X and for the rest of the numbers I keep a count in pencil...1,2,3 etc. until the number hits. Then the count starts over. ( I learned this from Gail Howards book  Lottery Master Guide.) This way I can see at a glance how many skips a number has between hits as well as spotting the hot and cold numbers. I also use the chart to see if any numbers are hitting together. One thing I've noticed by charting the numbers is that  for example sometimes a number never becomes hot but it will hit every 10-15 draws. I also want to add that if your charting a game like mega-millions it takes a little longer to start seeing the patterns than say a game like Little Lotto 5/39 that plays 7 days a week.       I hope this helps.

United States
      Member #73037
      April 3, 2009
      147 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2009, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Evening ca-dreaming...

I keep track of the games that I'm watching in a spreadsheet format. Dates to the left in column "A". Each number drawn is in the same row, but each number is in a seperate cell, ie..."B", "C", "D", etc. I can show the most popular number drawn from a range, but not several numbers. I have a pretty good history so far. As the numbers are drawn, and match what I already have chosen, I change the backround color to show me what matched. What I'm trying to figure out now is how to write a formula that finds the patterns from the previous draws, then shows me what the next possible numbers may be. I don't have the skills or the knowledge to write the needed formula. So I'm stuck. Good luck on your tracking.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19821 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2009, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I've also tried finding a pattern of winning numbers without any success.  The best I've done so far is to pick a pattern at random and apply it to 100 drawings of so to see how often it might apply.  For example in MegaMillion I check to see how often numbers that had hit in the previous 15 drawings were in the winning numbers.

numbers that hit in the previous 15 drawings accounted for:
        all 5 winning numbers 28% of the time
        4/5 winning numbers 38% of the time
        3/5      "       numbers 23% of the time
        2/5      "       numbers 9% of the time
        1/5      "       numbers 2% of the time
        0/5      "       numbers 0% of the time

numbers that hit twice of more in the previous 15 drawings accounted for:
        all 5 winning numbers 3% of the time
        4/5       "       numbers 9% of the time
        3/5       "       numbers 23% of the time
        2/5       "       numbers 28% of the time
        1/5       "       numbers 31% of the time
        0/5       "       numbers 6% of the time

Now it's just a matter of finding a condition or parameters that would cover 5/5 winning numbers 50% of time with a pool of 20 numbers or less. Usually 15 drawings account for 36-49 numbers which is too many to have all 5 winning numbers in the same line of 10.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #73037
          April 3, 2009
          147 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2009, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Morning RJOH, has your picks today?

I don't know if what I'm attempting to do is doable...

I've looked at what I believe to be Calculas formulas in an attempt to discover something that could work for this problem. The main problem is that I'm not familuar with Calculas and how it works. That's something I'm now trying to comprenhend now.

I have seen several formulas that take "odds" into consideration. I don't understand why "odds" are needed in a formula to discover a numerical pattern, then to predict the next pattern.

Can anyone describe to me (in laymans terms) why "odds" are needed in the formulas?

Keep looking though, sooner or later we'll discover what is needed...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19821 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2009, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Any pool of numbers short of all the possible numbers is unlikely to have all the winning numbers 100% of the time.  Its size and the odds of it having all the winning numbers would be important to a lottery player decision to try it.  As I said earlier I would like a way or formula that defines a pool of ~20 numbers that covered all the winning numbers 50% (1:2) of the time, a 12 numbers pool that covered all the winning numbers 10% of the time would be even better.

In MegaMillions, we know the odds of matching 5/5 using all 56 numbers are 1:3,819,816 but if a formula could define a pool of 20 numbers that had all 5 winning numbers 50% of the time, those odds would be reduce to 1:15,504 x  2 per drawing or 1:31,008  over time (an improvement factor of 123).

Evil Looking       

Chicago
              United States
              Member #70678
              February 8, 2009
              889 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2009, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

That would be some program  but I think there are too many variables involved to fit into one program. ( I always look at the last 5 draws to determine what specifics I'm looking for. It varies every time I choose to play.) Maybe it would be better to write a few smaller programs that look for specific patterns. Then you could compare the results and tweak it from there. I know that's not the answer your looking for but work with what you do know and maybe you can figure out another way to get the results you want .  I use paper, pencil and my charts to look for patterns and choose numbers because that is what I know. (LOL and because when I learned there was more to choosing numbers than birthdays or quick picks I didn't have a computer.)

United States
                Member #73037
                April 3, 2009
                147 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2009, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

As I stated previously, I've found PDF files on line that describe the formulas and their uses, I'm just trying to figure them out...Calculas :>(

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19821 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2009, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

As I stated previously, I've found PDF files on line that describe the formulas and their uses, I'm just trying to figure them out...Calculas :>(

Sounds like someone has already done the work, all you have to do is plug in the right variables. 

C
                  Example: D = -   (Diameter of a circle = its Circumference divided by Pi) was developed 

π
                  using calculus, but to use it you only have to know D or C, not calculus.

Good luck to you.

Evil Looking       

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
                    Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #63790
                    August 8, 2008
                    220 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2009, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I think its possible to get the winning numbers based on research and past patterns. I'm starting to look at previous patterns in the Super Lotto Plus and this past month I've gotten 3 of the 6 numbers on one line 3 times in the past month. This past Saturdays drawing I had all 6 numbers within the 5 lines I played with but the best I could do was 2 of 6. It just goes to show me I'm on to something and all it takes is one time to get all 6 numbers on one line.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19821 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2009, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I think its possible to get the winning numbers based on research and past patterns. I'm starting to look at previous patterns in the Super Lotto Plus and this past month I've gotten 3 of the 6 numbers on one line 3 times in the past month. This past Saturdays drawing I had all 6 numbers within the 5 lines I played with but the best I could do was 2 of 6. It just goes to show me I'm on to something and all it takes is one time to get all 6 numbers on one line.

I Agree!, but first someone has to win a jackpot and come forth to say that is how they picked their winning numbers before many folk would consider it worth the time and effort to pick numbers that way.

Evil Looking       

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
                        Sunny California
                        United States
                        Member #63790
                        August 8, 2008
                        220 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

I agree with that as well RJOH. But I for one can say before I started looking at the patterns I had almost no success picking numbers for the Super Lotto Plus. I've had more success this past month picking numbers from patterns I see than I had the previous three years combined when I would randomly just pick numbers.

United Kingdom
                          Member #70630
                          February 7, 2009
                          734 Posts
                          Posted: April 6, 2009, 6:34 am - IP Logged

Hi my friend you have to use the space not the number and you will find your answer to that and every number.

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "

Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2009, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Hi Knucklehead. That would be interesting to see if the past numbers could be fed into a math formula to predict the future numbers. (I'm assuming that's what you mean) Maybe you need a trip to the library or better yet the book store to find a book about calculus that would explain the formulas.

Chicago
                              United States
                              Member #70678
                              February 8, 2009
                              889 Posts
                              Posted: April 6, 2009, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Hi my friend you have to use the space not the number and you will find your answer to that and every number.

Billybouy the space as in tracking the balls by the position they fall in?