Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting number patterns?

Topic closed. 102 replies. Last post 8 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
leesburg, fl
United States
Member #53062
June 22, 2007
596 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2009, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Thank you! Thank you!! It works. I have a table of 46 rows each with columns A to U. I just need to study your code and change it to work with those rows and columns. Also will input 5 numbers. Use GWBASIC quite a lot. So I understand the logic. It's just learning the language.

United Kingdom
    Member #70630
    February 7, 2009
    734 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2009, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

billybuoy

I looked at some of your blog. I don't understand what i was looking at or what I should be looking for.  The way you have the numbers arranged is different.  is this a before the draw or after arrangement?  the way the hits line up was very interesting. I would like to hear more about your methods.

p8

Hi p8

I have been working to get my boat ready for sea, so have only just seen this, I have read many topics on LP and most of you are using systems/methods that come from a program, I do not believe in programs they are desogned to take money from you and not give, my point was if members can pick a number that is successful then they should turn there methods to search for the space that represents the number hence you get the lines that contain all the spaces for that number, I am not blessed with PC code so I can't help anyone there, now some members can access three numbers so they should be doing the same then they will be makeing other numbers more realistic, for instance weds spaces = sats spaces in the algorithym would be nearer in my opinion, hope this helps.

Regards,

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2009, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

If you do not have Excel, go buy a copy NOW!  While you are out and about, stop in at your favorite bookstore and purchase a copy of "VBA for Dummies".  That's what I did and I am grateful that I did.  Keeping up with the draws is easy.  Learning something new is priceless.  Using your newfound knowledge to discover what you want to know is even more priceless (if such is possible). 

Now you are ready to consider what you think needs exploring for you will have the tools necessary to do that exploring.  With a few keystrokes, you can code the computer to look for all the winning combinations that contain three odd/two even numbers, or those with repeating numbers, or those with consecutive numbers, or those........well, you get the idea.

Your journey thru LottoLand should be rewarding in more ways than hitting the jackpot.  You should learn something along the way.  And what you learn can never be taken away.  Hitting the jackpot would be nice but knowledge, knowledge gained by your own endeavors, will much more satisfying than 20 million dollars (did I just say that?  Man!  I'm so full of it tonight).

"If you do not have Excel, go buy a copy NOW!  While you are out and about, stop in at your favorite bookstore and purchase a copy of "VBA for Dummies".  ............ Thank-you Gasmeterguy this applies to me.

United States
        Member #41846
        June 23, 2006
        459 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2009, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

turtle 0747

if you use gwbasic you will have very little problem with vba. just a few different commands.  ability to copy and paste make it much easier to write programs and or modify where your code is located

let me know if i can be of help

p8

United Kingdom
          Member #70630
          February 7, 2009
          734 Posts
          Posted: April 15, 2009, 3:08 am - IP Logged

billybuoy

I looked at some of your blog. I don't understand what i was looking at or what I should be looking for.  The way you have the numbers arranged is different.  is this a before the draw or after arrangement?  the way the hits line up was very interesting. I would like to hear more about your methods.

p8

The arrangement of the numbers is the numbers put into the spreadsheet since the 10 Jan if you study Weds and go to Sats you will see there are in fact 2 different configorations of numbers mixing together, I have not configored them in the seperate days it is mearely to display to members where I think the real answer comes from, you know if you search a number you get lots of other numbers come up with it  , and if search for the empty cell for the number it selects all the lines that contain the cells, if you have more numbers you are sure will come out then apply that number as well and the chances ar if you swap from Wed to Sat they will contain the other cells you are looking for try it and you will see I'm correct.

Regards,

leesburg, fl
            United States
            Member #53062
            June 22, 2007
            596 Posts
            Posted: April 15, 2009, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your help! Have my program running. A good book would help. Need to learn how to do the different colors,

United Kingdom
              Member #70630
              February 7, 2009
              734 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2009, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Thanks for your help! Have my program running. A good book would help. Need to learn how to do the different colors,

turtle I have the VBA books.

United States
                Member #41846
                June 23, 2006
                459 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2009, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Turtle 0747

I'm not sure if that was a question.  If it was, simplest method is to record a macro. set different cells to different colors. then look at your macro code to see different #'s to use for different colors. tinting and shading are beyond where I want to be at this time. I stick to basic colors.

Billybuoy

I have read your response several times.  apparently my mind is going in a different direction from yours. I just do not understand what you are doing.  I must be misreading something somewhere.  I'll go back to your blog then maybe a light will come on.  thanks for making me think even if I don't understand.

p8

leesburg, fl
                  United States
                  Member #53062
                  June 22, 2007
                  596 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2009, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Just looking for basic colors, noothing fancy. Will try your idea. Thanks.

Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: April 16, 2009, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Hi p8

I have been working to get my boat ready for sea, so have only just seen this, I have read many topics on LP and most of you are using systems/methods that come from a program, I do not believe in programs they are desogned to take money from you and not give, my point was if members can pick a number that is successful then they should turn there methods to search for the space that represents the number hence you get the lines that contain all the spaces for that number, I am not blessed with PC code so I can't help anyone there, now some members can access three numbers so they should be doing the same then they will be makeing other numbers more realistic, for instance weds spaces = sats spaces in the algorithym would be nearer in my opinion, hope this helps.

Regards,

I too have read this several times plus the previous post and even the recent post and  I still can't figure out  what billybouy is trying to say about spaces and lines.

United Kingdom
                      Member #70630
                      February 7, 2009
                      734 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2009, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I too have read this several times plus the previous post and even the recent post and  I still can't figure out  what billybouy is trying to say about spaces and lines.

If you look at the After file you will see six columns of of numbers colored in yellow for you to look at those lines that you see on the file are the lines that have been selected to form the winning numbers displayed in yellow that is where the answer comes from a selection of lines forming the answer and is shown in the spaces.

Regards,

Chicago
                        United States
                        Member #70678
                        February 8, 2009
                        889 Posts
                        Posted: April 17, 2009, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the After file you will see six columns of of numbers colored in yellow for you to look at those lines that you see on the file are the lines that have been selected to form the winning numbers displayed in yellow that is where the answer comes from a selection of lines forming the answer and is shown in the spaces.

Regards,

Ok billybouy I will take a look! Thanks for being patient and taking the time to further explain : ) It's always nice to see other peoples ideas!

United Kingdom
                          Member #70630
                          February 7, 2009
                          734 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2009, 6:21 am - IP Logged

Ok billybouy I will take a look! Thanks for being patient and taking the time to further explain : ) It's always nice to see other peoples ideas!

Another way to look at it is whatever spaces there are in weds they are in sats too.

United Kingdom
                            Member #70630
                            February 7, 2009
                            734 Posts
                            Posted: April 20, 2009, 9:35 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone those who are interested in the PB should go to my blogsas I have now posted the latest Power Ball config files there is now aseperate config for Sat and Wed this should help you a bit more I hope,the Ater file has Sats winning numbers showing in the yellow columns.Any questions or comments just say.

Regards, billybouy.

leesburg, fl
                              United States
                              Member #53062
                              June 22, 2007
                              596 Posts
                              Posted: April 20, 2009, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Is there a way to check the color of a cell?? Can use an 'IF' with Cells(x, y).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 to check it's color??