Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting number patterns?

Topic closed. 102 replies. Last post 8 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: April 26, 2009, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

"Is there a pattern within the patterns?"  That's what I've started to look for but so far nothing stands out.(This is the trying to see whatever it is I don't see) I've only been looking at the last few months though. I'm sure I need to look much further back. I was hoping that when certain patterns fell together maybe then other patterns would fall. Maybe it's a little more complicated like when patterns x and y fall, then pattern z falls then pattern x falls again  then____pattern will follow. Who knows. Maybe it's more subtle like certain patterns need to fall(not necessarily together) and then a certain pattern(or even series of patterns) will follow. I haven't tried looking for a few days so maybe it's time to look again. It really takes an open mind when you look.

As far as the pattern within the patterns.....I think it's very possible!

I have tried to find a co-relation between one or more patterns to no avail.  My failure should in no way affect your endeavors.  Where I have failed, you may suceed.

So far, all my patterns seem to act independently.  When I do find a link between two or more patterns, I find the resultant algorithym to be of extremely limited value.  There is not enough "meat" to sink your teeth into.

Your suggestion that a certain pattern will fall after another certain pattern is one in which I have not studied.  Thanks for the insight.  If what I have on my plate right now does not work out, I might to looking for just this sort of case.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5591 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2009, 9:07 am - IP Logged

I try to work with patterns and odds. For example, in Tx 2 Step on Jan 22, 21-24-26-29 played. On Mar 16, 24-29-31-34 played. On Mar 30, 21-24-28-30 played. On Apr 13, 21-26-28-29 played. So there is a pattern with 21-24-26 and 29... with some other numbers in there. I also try to reduce the odds by playing fewer decades. Of course the drawing has to cooperate. If the first number is a single or teen, I'm screwed. But hey, it IS still gambling. And of course, Tx 2 Step odds are only 1,832,600 to 1, which makes it easier to spot and TRY to exploit patterns. But I do use the same methods for the other jackpot games, but with less success. MUCH less, LOL.

United Kingdom
      Member #70630
      February 7, 2009
      734 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2009, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

"Is there a pattern within the patterns?"  That's what I've started to look for but so far nothing stands out.(This is the trying to see whatever it is I don't see) I've only been looking at the last few months though. I'm sure I need to look much further back. I was hoping that when certain patterns fell together maybe then other patterns would fall. Maybe it's a little more complicated like when patterns x and y fall, then pattern z falls then pattern x falls again  then____pattern will follow. Who knows. Maybe it's more subtle like certain patterns need to fall(not necessarily together) and then a certain pattern(or even series of patterns) will follow. I haven't tried looking for a few days so maybe it's time to look again. It really takes an open mind when you look.

As far as the pattern within the patterns.....I think it's very possible!

Yep there is a pattern but you have to find it look at  my update today and you will see 5 columns with ID marks in them and then look at the others that is the line without ID as you come down the sheet the colored lines contain the numbers and empty spaces which in fact hold all the winning numbers and The ID column contains a 1 in and contains the lines with the empty cells, if you look closely at it you will pick up the pattern.

Sometimes we can't see the woods for tree's, " so we have to clear a path "

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19823 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2009, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

RJOH

The above is my philosophy and the direction I have been prusing for several years now.  I feel that once you anticipate the pattern correctly, the numbers ( or rather lots of combinations ) will follow.

Now is there a pattern within the patterns?  That is the question.  And, if so, what would those "higher" patterns tell us?

I've defined the patterns of the last 401 MM drawings using 3 sets of parameters and when I sort them accordingly I end up with 130 patterns of which the top 10 or so cover 25% of all the drawings.  During it that way kinda covers that pattern within a pattern question. 

For the next few MM drawings, I'll only be playing combinations with those top patterns definitions.  The results will be noted in my thread "Developing a winning MegaMillions System"

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United Kingdom
          Member #70630
          February 7, 2009
          734 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2009, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

OK everyone go to my blogs I have now altered my sheet to allow you to see the patterns go to the ID columns look down it yellow is the normal color I use in here but I have now highlighted some patterns for you to study as I am fed up with hearing there is no pattern, the lines have different colors for you to Identify some of the patterns all the colors contain the lines with the numbers the lines in yellow contain the empty cells ID mark 1 the column to the right I am sure seeing is believing..

Regards.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
            ORLANDO, FLORIDA
            United States
            Member #4924
            June 3, 2004
            5893 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2009, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

OK everyone go to my blogs I have now altered my sheet to allow you to see the patterns go to the ID columns look down it yellow is the normal color I use in here but I have now highlighted some patterns for you to study as I am fed up with hearing there is no pattern, the lines have different colors for you to Identify some of the patterns all the colors contain the lines with the numbers the lines in yellow contain the empty cells ID mark 1 the column to the right I am sure seeing is believing..

Regards.

Is it possible to download this workbook?

United Kingdom
              Member #70630
              February 7, 2009
              734 Posts
              Posted: April 27, 2009, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

CARBOB PM me with your email and send you my spreadsheet with all on turtle has it if he has the same format as you I am using a Power Mac, other than that try and copy and paste my friend,  am in the UK turtle is closer to you and he knows me.

Regards..

United Kingdom
                Member #70630
                February 7, 2009
                734 Posts
                Posted: April 27, 2009, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p9wTmB98YT64UO073dk80SQ 

Hi CARBOB use the above link it is a link for sharing files on google.

Hope this works for you.

Regards, billybouy.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: April 27, 2009, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

I have tried to find a co-relation between one or more patterns to no avail.  My failure should in no way affect your endeavors.  Where I have failed, you may suceed.

So far, all my patterns seem to act independently.  When I do find a link between two or more patterns, I find the resultant algorithym to be of extremely limited value.  There is not enough "meat" to sink your teeth into.

Your suggestion that a certain pattern will fall after another certain pattern is one in which I have not studied.  Thanks for the insight.  If what I have on my plate right now does not work out, I might to looking for just this sort of case.

Hey Gasmeterguy,

Right now I'm looking at the patterns for Little Lotto which is played everyday so alot more is going on than say MM or PP where you have a much wider range of numbers and a lot less plays per week. LOL at least you've managed to find a link.  Even if you consider it "limited value" at least it's a step closer to figuring out this mystery AKA the lottery! 

The only pattern I've searched for so far was trying to see if when certain patterns fell together...... then would other certain patterns follow.

The other ideas just came to me as I was typing last night. It occurred to me that maybe what we don't recognize as being a pattern may actually be one. (I hope that made sense) That's why I said you really have to keep an open mind.

I would love to go back at least 6 months and look at Little Lotto line by line just to see what was happening. Then I would go back line by line and start taking notes. When pattern A and B fall together what happens in the next 5 lines. If a pattern is missing what happens in the next 5 lines. When patterns C and D fall together is there a pattern that never falls on the next line. Patterns within patterns. I would just keep exploring the endless possibilities. Not looking for what I EXPECT but just taking different ideas and then keeping an open mind. Very time consuming I'm sure but sooner or later I may stumble onto something. LOL keep my mind so active that I don't get alzheimers when I get older.

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: April 27, 2009, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Regards.

Aww billybouy we have no doubt about patterns. What we're trying to find is patterns within the patterns : )

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19823 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2009, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Hey Gasmeterguy,

Right now I'm looking at the patterns for Little Lotto which is played everyday so alot more is going on than say MM or PP where you have a much wider range of numbers and a lot less plays per week. LOL at least you've managed to find a link.  Even if you consider it "limited value" at least it's a step closer to figuring out this mystery AKA the lottery! 

The only pattern I've searched for so far was trying to see if when certain patterns fell together...... then would other certain patterns follow.

The other ideas just came to me as I was typing last night. It occurred to me that maybe what we don't recognize as being a pattern may actually be one. (I hope that made sense) That's why I said you really have to keep an open mind.

I would love to go back at least 6 months and look at Little Lotto line by line just to see what was happening. Then I would go back line by line and start taking notes. When pattern A and B fall together what happens in the next 5 lines. If a pattern is missing what happens in the next 5 lines. When patterns C and D fall together is there a pattern that never falls on the next line. Patterns within patterns. I would just keep exploring the endless possibilities. Not looking for what I EXPECT but just taking different ideas and then keeping an open mind. Very time consuming I'm sure but sooner or later I may stumble onto something. LOL keep my mind so active that I don't get alzheimers when I get older.

I would love to go back at least 6 months and look at Little Lotto line by line just to see what was happening. Then I would go back line by line and start taking notes. When pattern A and B fall together what happens in the next 5 lines.

As a serious lottery player, I'm surprise you don't have a list of the previous drawings for the games you play.  I'm always wondering what happened back when so having a file with all the previous drawings is handy and beside I check my new picks against it since combinations of fours or more seldom repeat.  But then again if you play quick picks it doesn't matter.

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: April 28, 2009, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Hey Gasmeterguy,

Someone told me if you contact the Illinois lottery they will send you the Lil lotto files in excel format. If you do that don't go into a lot of details as to what you are going to do with the file just tell them it's for personal use.

If you have excel you can make two files one for tracking and updating the new numbers as they fall everyday and another one to work with.

Copy and paste all the little lotto drawings to a separate workbook and put in ascending order you can then see all the lines as they will automatically be displayed you can then search for the patterns.

There are many ways to set up different workbooks to try and find possibility's for future plays.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                          Park City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #69864
                          January 18, 2009
                          993 Posts
                          Posted: April 28, 2009, 1:53 am - IP Logged

Hello,

Thanks BillyBouy for posting that!!!

May I ask how you arrived at the column arrangement for the loto balls?  In other words will you keep the lotto columns static in there current positions or do you change them dynamically to show the current pattern trend easier?

Jimmy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19823 Posts
                            Posted: April 28, 2009, 4:30 am - IP Logged

Someone told me if you contact the Illinois lottery they will send you the Lil lotto files in excel format. If you do that don't go into a lot of details as to what you are going to do with the file just tell them it's for personal use.

If you have excel you can make two files one for tracking and updating the new numbers as they fall everyday and another one to work with.

Copy and paste all the little lotto drawings to a separate workbook and put in ascending order you can then see all the lines as they will automatically be displayed you can then search for the patterns.

There are many ways to set up different workbooks to try and find possibility's for future plays.

Fact is, anyone can go to the Illinois Lottery website and do a search for any of their games and it will show the complete list for any period requested.  I requested a list from May 15,1989 when the name of Cash5 was changed to Little Lotto to today's date and it took less than minute to print out a page with all the results for that period.

Also I learned that back in those days Rebecca Paul ran their lottery.

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              8360 Posts
                              Posted: April 28, 2009, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

Fact is, anyone can go to the Illinois Lottery website and do a search for any of their games and it will show the complete list for any period requested.  I requested a list from May 15,1989 when the name of Cash5 was changed to Little Lotto to today's date and it took less than minute to print out a page with all the results for that period.

Also I learned that back in those days Rebecca Paul ran their lottery.

Yes you can print it out but you cant copy and paste it at least not from my browser they have some kind of feature that doesn't allow copy and paste.

Some people might have time to enter all the drawings into an excel file manually. But why should you if they will give you the file.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.