Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will you put $10.00 or $20.00 on a number Strait?

Topic closed. 217 replies. Last post 7 years ago by LEELEESMOMMY.

Page 9 of 15
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

The minimum bet at race tracks is $2 and trifectas are based on $2 bets so betting $2 on 10/68 to get half the payoff was the only bet you could have made. You can't bet just $1.

Stak47 where I go to Jamestown Ky OTB you can play a tri straight and exzata straight for 1.00 and it must be that same at tracks..

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34202 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2010, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

No you can play for a dollar at some tracks depending on the Track, but i played it Str8 1 Tri. yes I would of got half of the 29,000 grand, but if I had played the whole $2.00  I wouldn't gotten the 29,000 or the 15,00 for a dollar, Oh well if I (wouldv'e  couldv'e should've) That is how it goes.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

fort myers
      United States
      Member #50515
      March 7, 2007
      17 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2010, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I put 9.50 straight and .50 box on 1923, it came out straight! needless to say i was quite happy for awhile.

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2010, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

You can play a 10 cent superficta at the OTB in Jamestown..

Deepop's avatar - pyramid
          Blakeslee,Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #81742
          October 28, 2009
          474 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2010, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine played 7171 the other day $1 str8 16 TIMES guess what......he is now $80,000.00 richer for $16.

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

WOW Deepop and taxe free,right?..Good for him..Good and lucky I might add..

megamillionaire's avatar - Sphere animated_small_ neg2.gif
              Queens, NY
              United States
              Member #245
              April 15, 2002
              451 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2010, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I would if I knew the fix was in and I couldn't lose. Btw. if you play 10 or 20 dollars make sure you buy 10 or 20 $1 tickets or Uncle Sam is going to get a lot of taxes from you.  Wink

Megamillionaire

Time is a wonderful teacher, but it kills all its students.

A man must consider what a rich realm he leaves when he becomes a conformist.

Deepop's avatar - pyramid
                Blakeslee,Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #81742
                October 28, 2009
                474 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Yes Tiggs I started to play that number but changed my mind at the last min....Needless to say how i feel about that moveMad

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: February 4, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Yes Tiggs I started to play that number but changed my mind at the last min....Needless to say how i feel about that moveMad

Yeah we have all done it so don't feel bad..Once in awhile you hit when you least expect it.."If" is a big word in gambling we all use it..Good luck and don't go crazy..

Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #49980
                    February 21, 2007
                    34202 Posts
                    Posted: February 4, 2010, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

I would if I knew the fix was in and I couldn't lose. Btw. if you play 10 or 20 dollars make sure you buy 10 or 20 $1 tickets or Uncle Sam is going to get a lot of taxes from you.  Wink

Yeah you mean single tickets you got that right!

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2010, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

There is no way around paying taxes when you hit P4 straight,  you WILL pay the taxes.   All you can do is deduct up to the amount you spent the tax year you won when tax time rolls around.   Make sure you hold on to those losing tix becuase they are the only proof you will have,  if you (God forbid) get audited.

For eg. if you hit $80K I suggest you go to lottery headquarters and collect because they can withhold right on the spot and when tax time rolls around you have paid the taxes and can claim any loses for that year and be done with it,  you know.................not OWE any additional taxes.

For wins under $5K you might want to collect at a retailer that does those payouts,  then they send you a 1099G which you file with your tax return as income,  where you can deduct loses.

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: February 4, 2010, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

There is no way around paying taxes when you hit P4 straight,  you WILL pay the taxes.   All you can do is deduct up to the amount you spent the tax year you won when tax time rolls around.   Make sure you hold on to those losing tix becuase they are the only proof you will have,  if you (God forbid) get audited.

For eg. if you hit $80K I suggest you go to lottery headquarters and collect because they can withhold right on the spot and when tax time rolls around you have paid the taxes and can claim any loses for that year and be done with it,  you know.................not OWE any additional taxes.

For wins under $5K you might want to collect at a retailer that does those payouts,  then they send you a 1099G which you file with your tax return as income,  where you can deduct loses.

You can play a straight box and not pay any taxes..

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5583 Posts
                          Posted: February 4, 2010, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Not in MD. at least if it is over $600.  I am talking $600+ here in MD.   Minimum bet is .50/.50 24 way box / str. on P4 and that pays $2600 on one ticket, you will get a 1099G.  Again you can deduct up the amount won if you are being legit............right?  Now one way to reduce that amount taxable is by playing the box separately,  removing $100 box hit off the $2600 down to $2500.  I just get straights and Str/Boxes to cover the box hit.  Now if its a 12 way box you go to $2700 or $200 less taxable by going to separate tix,  here in MD.  they've gone entirely to individual tickets one play per ticket, no mas.

Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #49980
                            February 21, 2007
                            34202 Posts
                            Posted: February 4, 2010, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs should'nt you be on the other forum about Horses lol!     Nobody going to come over here if you keep talking about Horses. I see Todd deleted my Discusion about it on Gaming. So i guess you can  talk about it here. LOl.

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: February 4, 2010, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

marcie you can play straight box in the lottery..You been hanging a bit to long with you know who..

Page 9 of 15