Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying $20 cards for gift...need advice!

Topic closed. 155 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 11 of 11
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #73771
April 24, 2009
836 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Kobra...I had bought 000 & thought sure the first one would win but it didn't so then bought 001 and it was the one that won the $100 today!

Good luck to you!See Ya!

omg vergie i never buy the first one or two. (000, 001)  i use to work at a store and when ever we had new packs i'd buy the first one, and would not win.  now my theory behind that is maybe the necl doesnt let the first one win is because of ppl like me that work at stores and actually will buy that first one.  may not be true however i've never won on a scratch until about the 3rd or 4th card.  but ya never know.

i'll tell u something thats not cool.  working where there is lottery.  the temptation is always there.  can u believe once we put out a new pack, and by the time i was finished scratching it was on 043??????  i didn lose much though.  with what i did win i actually only spent about $10.  they where $2 cards.

Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #59855
    March 29, 2008
    31541 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2010, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

omg vergie i never buy the first one or two. (000, 001)  i use to work at a store and when ever we had new packs i'd buy the first one, and would not win.  now my theory behind that is maybe the necl doesnt let the first one win is because of ppl like me that work at stores and actually will buy that first one.  may not be true however i've never won on a scratch until about the 3rd or 4th card.  but ya never know.

i'll tell u something thats not cool.  working where there is lottery.  the temptation is always there.  can u believe once we put out a new pack, and by the time i was finished scratching it was on 043??????  i didn lose much though.  with what i did win i actually only spent about $10.  they where $2 cards.

I used to never buy the first one...000...but found out they win...except for the one before I won with this one...but a lot of times they do win.

Wow, you sure scratched a lot of cards off didn't you?...Big Grin

United States
      United States
      Member #60097
      April 5, 2008
      3957 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2010, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Yippee! I think my luck is back...bought 2 of these cards...one at one store and one at another one and won $25 on one & $50 on the other one...keeping it in the kitty for p3 tickets!

Nice win Vergie!

Hope you and all players win lots of dough,

KeystoneParty

North Carolina
        United States
        Member #59855
        March 29, 2008
        31541 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2010, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Nice win Vergie!

Hope you and all players win lots of dough,

KeystoneParty

Thanks Keystone!

Did you see the $20 one after those too...it really made me happy!

Good luck to you!See Ya!

United States
          United States
          Member #60097
          April 5, 2008
          3957 Posts
          Posted: March 17, 2010, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I bought a $20 card today and didn't win so it made me so mad I bought another one & luckily won $100!...so I'm dancing!

WTG Vergie!  Nice 100 dollar win with the matching number 3.

KeystoneParty

North Carolina
            United States
            Member #59855
            March 29, 2008
            31541 Posts
            Posted: March 18, 2010, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

WTG Vergie!  Nice 100 dollar win with the matching number 3.

KeystoneParty

Thanks Keystone...I have bought a couple since then and didn't win anything so am giving them a rest for awhile...rather put that money on Pick 3.

Page 11 of 11