Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying $20 cards for gift...need advice!

Topic closed. 155 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 5 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
North Carolina
United States
Member #59855
March 29, 2008
31915 Posts
Posted: December 25, 2009, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I got some scratch off tickets for Christmas, my father bought me $15.00 and I bought him $2.00.   They were mostly $1.00 and $2.00 tickets.  I got a DOLLAR back on the one I bought him and THAT WAS IT lol!!!!! The NCEL is a trip, those $1.00 and $2.00 tickets don't pay hardly anything at all!!!!!

I hope you did better with your tickets than I did Vergie LOL!!!! Good Luck 

I'm so sorry Coolmoney, your day is coming...just you wait and see!!!!

At least you did win in P3 with the 756!Banana

Good luck to you!See Ya!

United States
    Member #1630
    June 7, 2003
    6011 Posts
    Posted: December 25, 2009, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Well the $10 roll I bought I did not do too good...won only half of the money back...will never buy another whole roll ever but with my p3 wins and a few other wins I'm not in the hole...here is a picture of the cards I ended up winning $38 on dollar cards with buying $20 worth from a present from my daughter she sent for the cats to buy for me...Big Grin...look at that $25 win on the Diamond Dash dollar card...what a shocker!

From left to right looking at the pic the wins are Triple win...$1, Wild 7's...$5, had the wild 7 on bottom row (you can't see it), Tic Tac, $1, Diamond Dash, $25, Tic Tac, $1, & Aces & 8's, $5..so in all won $38 and spent $20...almost doubled the cats Christmas present...Big Grin

So it does seem like it is MUCH BETTER to buy a few tickets at different places versus buying a whole roll of tickets. Thank God you still are ahead with  your pick 3 wins though!!!!! At least now we know NOT to buy a whole roll of tickets, it only takes one ticket to win LOL!!!!!Big Grin Santa

United States
      Member #1630
      June 7, 2003
      6011 Posts
      Posted: December 25, 2009, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I'm so sorry Coolmoney, your day is coming...just you wait and see!!!!

At least you did win in P3 with the 756!Banana

Good luck to you!See Ya!

Yes, I was able to do some last minute Christmas shopping with that money so that money was right on time!!!!! Good luck to you too tonight Vergie!!!!Hat

North Carolina
        United States
        Member #59855
        March 29, 2008
        31915 Posts
        Posted: December 26, 2009, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Well lucky me, I bought one $20 card today when I  bought my p3 tickets and look what I won!...Yippee!Got $200 to go on the cost of a roll for my Christmas present!

I've been deleting some files...didn't realize it would delete the ones I already posted so let's see if I can get it back!...Crazy

North Carolina
          United States
          Member #59855
          March 29, 2008
          31915 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2009, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Well the $10 roll I bought I did not do too good...won only half of the money back...will never buy another whole roll ever but with my p3 wins and a few other wins I'm not in the hole...here is a picture of the cards I ended up winning $38 on dollar cards with buying $20 worth from a present from my daughter she sent for the cats to buy for me...Big Grin...look at that $25 win on the Diamond Dash dollar card...what a shocker!

From left to right looking at the pic the wins are Triple win...$1, Wild 7's...$5, had the wild 7 on bottom row (you can't see it), Tic Tac, $1, Diamond Dash, $25, Tic Tac, $1, & Aces & 8's, $5..so in all won $38 and spent $20...almost doubled the cats Christmas present...Big Grin

Darn it..deleted this one too...here it is back...bet I stop deleting my files...Big Grin

United States
            Member #83701
            December 13, 2009
            225 Posts
            Posted: December 26, 2009, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

So it does seem like it is MUCH BETTER to buy a few tickets at different places versus buying a whole roll of tickets. Thank God you still are ahead with  your pick 3 wins though!!!!! At least now we know NOT to buy a whole roll of tickets, it only takes one ticket to win LOL!!!!!Big Grin Santa

Did you at least record the game symbol patterns on a ticket per ticket basis of the roll?   The rolls are mass produced by printing presses on large sheets of stock, especially the ones with only the minimum prize guarantee, a single sheet may be as many as 75 rolls but the stamp is used again and again so almost 1 in every 75 of the cold rolls out there would be identical to the one you bought.   If you recorded the actual game symbol pattern and ticket number in the pack you could check any future ticket versus what was recorded and if it matched, you could assume that it was also from one of these "losing" rolls and not buy any more from that pack number.

North Carolina
              United States
              Member #59855
              March 29, 2008
              31915 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2009, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Did you at least record the game symbol patterns on a ticket per ticket basis of the roll?   The rolls are mass produced by printing presses on large sheets of stock, especially the ones with only the minimum prize guarantee, a single sheet may be as many as 75 rolls but the stamp is used again and again so almost 1 in every 75 of the cold rolls out there would be identical to the one you bought.   If you recorded the actual game symbol pattern and ticket number in the pack you could check any future ticket versus what was recorded and if it matched, you could assume that it was also from one of these "losing" rolls and not buy any more from that pack number.

I'm not really sure what the game symbol patterns are.  I have copies of all of the winning cards.  If it is on the front of the card can you tell me where I can find it?  I only copied the front.

Thanks!

United States
                Member #83701
                December 13, 2009
                225 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2009, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm not really sure what the game symbol patterns are.  I have copies of all of the winning cards.  If it is on the front of the card can you tell me where I can find it?  I only copied the front.

Thanks!

I'm talking about how they would have a number and then a prize in each square, should the placement of these numbers and prizes match spot for spot with another ticket with the same ticket number then perhaps they were printed with the same stamp so the positioning of the winning tickets should match.    In Texas, the back of the ticket is the only place where the pack number is printed so it's useful to name the scans of the tickets with the game-pack-number-ticket-number code from the back.   On the front there's a fourteen digit serial number with four of the numbers in boxes, the four in boxes are the security numbers the retailer types in when redeeming a ticket, the other ten digits are unique to each ticket and is also on the back interleaved into the bar code on the back.   We know that the serial numbers are unique per card and custom printed, the question is whether the game symbols such as the winning numbers, the "your numbers" and the prize values are custom printed or printed the same on each sheet.   If you read the lottery commissions documents on the game, they call the numbers, the letter equivalent and prize values game symbols.

North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #59855
                  March 29, 2008
                  31915 Posts
                  Posted: January 1, 2010, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

I'm talking about how they would have a number and then a prize in each square, should the placement of these numbers and prizes match spot for spot with another ticket with the same ticket number then perhaps they were printed with the same stamp so the positioning of the winning tickets should match.    In Texas, the back of the ticket is the only place where the pack number is printed so it's useful to name the scans of the tickets with the game-pack-number-ticket-number code from the back.   On the front there's a fourteen digit serial number with four of the numbers in boxes, the four in boxes are the security numbers the retailer types in when redeeming a ticket, the other ten digits are unique to each ticket and is also on the back interleaved into the bar code on the back.   We know that the serial numbers are unique per card and custom printed, the question is whether the game symbols such as the winning numbers, the "your numbers" and the prize values are custom printed or printed the same on each sheet.   If you read the lottery commissions documents on the game, they call the numbers, the letter equivalent and prize values game symbols.

Thanks for the info but most of the stores won't let me examine the cards before I buy them...I ran into one that doesn't even like to tell me the next number on the bottom of the card so I just don't buy any there any longer.

North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #59855
                    March 29, 2008
                    31915 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2010, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I've come to the conclusion that it's better to buy these $20 cards one at the time like I did today!  Yippee!Another $200 winner!

United States
                      Member #1630
                      June 7, 2003
                      6011 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2010, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

I've come to the conclusion that it's better to buy these $20 cards one at the time like I did today!  Yippee!Another $200 winner!

Congratulations Vergie on your winnings!!!! Way to go!!!!!!

Running Man Sneakers Moon Walk Moon Walk Breakin' Disco Boogie Rave Dancing Macarena Wakka-wakka Electric Slide Hula Dancer Belly Dancer Moonwalker 

United States
                        United States
                        Member #60097
                        April 5, 2008
                        3974 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2010, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Vergie.  Nice win!Party

North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #59855
                          March 29, 2008
                          31915 Posts
                          Posted: January 5, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Vergie.  Nice win!Party

Thanks Keystone and Coolmoney!

Good luck to you both!See Ya!

North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #59855
                            March 29, 2008
                            31915 Posts
                            Posted: January 5, 2010, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Hallelujah & Yippee!Bought another one today & the number at the bottom happened to be no. 9 like the very first one I got, but bought it out of a machine!...yes the trick is to buy one at the time!...another $200 winner for me!

North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #59855
                              March 29, 2008
                              31915 Posts
                              Posted: January 5, 2010, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Got my money back for sure now that I spent on that roll for Christmas.

Won't ever do that again as I only got half back from it...this is the trick

buying one at the time!

Page 5 of 11