Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying $20 cards for gift...need advice!

Topic closed. 155 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 2 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
North Carolina
United States
Member #59855
March 29, 2008
31517 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2009, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I bought the next ticket after you did and won 3 million $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Thud

North Carolina
    United States
    Member #59855
    March 29, 2008
    31517 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2009, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

I think the roll is a good idea to save time pends on your time.  On the other hand if you do go store to store You might buy at least 10 at each site. may be a better chance to get a winner than 2 or 3.

I'll get a sign nearer to Christmas as what to do maybe...but it would be really fun to have a whole roll at the time...always wanted to do that!

Got to save this $200 and hopefully win some more to go with it for the cost....since I've been on a lucky streak since Nov. 10th with p3 (have hit it 24 times since then)...don't put enough money on them though so the highest I have won in that was $160.....I decided to buy some Powerball, p4, p3 & cash 5 tonight...didn't go overboard though....maybe just maybe my luck will come thru on one or two of them.

Good luck Phyl-T rich!See Ya!

United States
      United States
      Member #60097
      April 5, 2008
      3957 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2009, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I would go to as many different stores as possible.  If the tickets are between number 14 and 18 then buy all the tickets in that range.  Example if its at 14 then buy 14 though 18 and if it at 16 then buy 16 through 18; if its at 18 then just buy number 18.

At each store you visit, if the tickets are not in the 14 through 18 range then buy just 1 and see if you stumble across a fluke.

Hope you win lots of Christmas cash,

KeystoneParty

North Carolina
        United States
        Member #59855
        March 29, 2008
        31517 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2009, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

In Ohio a book pays out approximately half of what it costs so I think you have a better chance of making more money by getting tickets from several different books.

Thanks Grandmadec!

North Carolina
          United States
          Member #59855
          March 29, 2008
          31517 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2009, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I would go to as many different stores as possible.  If the tickets are between number 14 and 18 then buy all the tickets in that range.  Example if its at 14 then buy 14 though 18 and if it at 16 then buy 16 through 18; if its at 18 then just buy number 18.

At each store you visit, if the tickets are not in the 14 through 18 range then buy just 1 and see if you stumble across a fluke.

Hope you win lots of Christmas cash,

KeystoneParty

Thanks Keystone, I have won with some of those numbers before too...won $30 with no. 18 the last time I bought one before today!

But then again my friend won $1000 on no. 9  the other day &  today my card was no. 9...stopped by 2 stores on the way home from cashing my ticket in at Foodlion and both cards were no. 7 but something just told me not to buy either one...Big Grin Angel...& no. 7 used to always be my lucky no...so hope my vibes weren't getting messed up...Big Grin Angel

United States
            United States
            Member #60097
            April 5, 2008
            3957 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2009, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Keystone, I have won with some of those numbers before too...won $30 with no. 18 the last time I bought one before today!

But then again my friend won $1000 on no. 9  the other day &  today my card was no. 9...stopped by 2 stores on the way home from cashing my ticket in at Foodlion and both cards were no. 7 but something just told me not to buy either one...Big Grin Angel...& no. 7 used to always be my lucky no...so hope my vibes weren't getting messed up...Big Grin Angel

Maybe work with 7 through 9 and 14 through 18 then.

Maybe check out some of sorenson41's posts; he's from Georgia.  He has had more sucess in buying a ticket or two from different stores than buying a whole book as I have noticed from the Youtube videos.

GL!

KeystoneParty

wildspecks's avatar - Yavill
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #79918
              September 12, 2009
              49 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2009, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win.  I am in NC and haven't hit much of anything on those $20.00 tickets.  How many tickets are on a roll?  Good luck and I hope you hit big!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2009, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I went to the store years ago there was this guy in front of me buying scratch offs he stepped aside and i got my numbers after i was done getting my numbers i got one of those scratch offs he was buying i rubbed it and it was two dollar winner i got another ticket and it was a 9 grand winner. The guy was livid he had been buying scratch offs from the same roll for 15 minutes before i got there. And hadn't i have bought the ones i did he would have won the 9 grand. At first i was kinda sad for him because he should have been buying them in groups of 5 or 10 but he was just buying them one at a time and scratching them and buying another ticket.

I have found that sometimes there are multiple winners in a row. I've been told there are top tier winners in the front of a roll or pack the middle and near the end of a roll or pack of scratchers. So in reality a top tier winner could be anywhere in the roll/book.

Scratchers sell like hot cakes most of the time, today i went to the market to cash a ticket while i was there they must have sold a hundred dollars worth of scratch offs in about 15/20 minutes.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                  dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22872 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2009, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Well lucky me, I bought one $20 card today when I  bought my p3 tickets and look what I won!...Yippee!Got $200 to go on the cost of a roll for my Christmas present!

Vergie! Great hit and I hope that you have many more!!

About your question, I personally would not spend the money to buy a whole book of tickets.

One reason is that if I were to hit a good one, say $500 or $1,000 then I would believe the chances are that there are no more bigger winners

in that book. I'd be stuck, bored and wishing that I purchased some variety. You never know where the winners will be but at least if you

picked some different ones and won something pretty good on one, you'd have different tickets to be hopeful about. I've stepped up to the

vending machines and bought winners a lot of times with just the purchase of one ticket. Loads of price of the ticket (waste my time) winners,

a great deal of $50 ones, a lot of $100's and just 4 $500's...but they are out there and sometimes it takes just one! Right place, right time.

Good luck in deciding what to do and whatever it is, have fun, good luck and Merry Christmas!!

North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #59855
                    March 29, 2008
                    31517 Posts
                    Posted: December 16, 2009, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Maybe work with 7 through 9 and 14 through 18 then.

Maybe check out some of sorenson41's posts; he's from Georgia.  He has had more sucess in buying a ticket or two from different stores than buying a whole book as I have noticed from the Youtube videos.

GL!

KeystoneParty

Ok, thanks!...I'll check him out!

North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #59855
                      March 29, 2008
                      31517 Posts
                      Posted: December 16, 2009, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your win.  I am in NC and haven't hit much of anything on those $20.00 tickets.  How many tickets are on a roll?  Good luck and I hope you hit big!

Must be 15 if a roll cost $300 and that's what I was told at the lottery claims office here that the price is.

Thanks for the Congrats!

Good luck!

North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        31517 Posts
                        Posted: December 16, 2009, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I went to the store years ago there was this guy in front of me buying scratch offs he stepped aside and i got my numbers after i was done getting my numbers i got one of those scratch offs he was buying i rubbed it and it was two dollar winner i got another ticket and it was a 9 grand winner. The guy was livid he had been buying scratch offs from the same roll for 15 minutes before i got there. And hadn't i have bought the ones i did he would have won the 9 grand. At first i was kinda sad for him because he should have been buying them in groups of 5 or 10 but he was just buying them one at a time and scratching them and buying another ticket.

I have found that sometimes there are multiple winners in a row. I've been told there are top tier winners in the front of a roll or pack the middle and near the end of a roll or pack of scratchers. So in reality a top tier winner could be anywhere in the roll/book.

Scratchers sell like hot cakes most of the time, today i went to the market to cash a ticket while i was there they must have sold a hundred dollars worth of scratch offs in about 15/20 minutes.

I did the same thing last summer...was in a little tobacco store...don't smoke but like to buy lottery tickets and scratchers there...anyway a lady bought at least 4 or 5 of the $5 cards and didn't win a thing and she left so I bought one and won $50 on it...felt sort of sorry for the lady that was losing but hey she could have bought one more and got her money back but she just didn't know that!Crazy

North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #59855
                          March 29, 2008
                          31517 Posts
                          Posted: December 16, 2009, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Vergie! Great hit and I hope that you have many more!!

About your question, I personally would not spend the money to buy a whole book of tickets.

One reason is that if I were to hit a good one, say $500 or $1,000 then I would believe the chances are that there are no more bigger winners

in that book. I'd be stuck, bored and wishing that I purchased some variety. You never know where the winners will be but at least if you

picked some different ones and won something pretty good on one, you'd have different tickets to be hopeful about. I've stepped up to the

vending machines and bought winners a lot of times with just the purchase of one ticket. Loads of price of the ticket (waste my time) winners,

a great deal of $50 ones, a lot of $100's and just 4 $500's...but they are out there and sometimes it takes just one! Right place, right time.

Good luck in deciding what to do and whatever it is, have fun, good luck and Merry Christmas!!

Thanks for the info Dr65...you may have a point there!

I have found that when I randomly have bought one or two once in awhile I usually win but if I go out and "try to get a win" I don't...go figure!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: December 16, 2009, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

One more reason to not scratch in public. Jester

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

North Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #59855
                              March 29, 2008
                              31517 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2009, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

One more reason to not scratch in public. Jester

I Agree!...most of the time I take them home but that day since I bought only the one I scratched it in the store...today I scratched it in the car...and when I saw the first $40 I said thank you Lord and then saw another and another until I saw 5...Big Grin...was grinning like a possum!

Page 2 of 11