Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Buying $20 cards for gift...need advice!

Topic closed. 155 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 8 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
Vergie6's avatar - DSCN5541
North Carolina
United States
Member #59855
March 29, 2008
31528 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2010, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

VERGIE VERGIE VERGIE!!!!!  Do you know you are one of the most luckiest people I ever have known.  I bought 7 of the new $10 tickets last night all from the same store all in sequential order and not one of those darn tickets were a winner.  You truly have the right mojo going on. CONGRATS!!!!!

Thanks Elmozoe & please don't ever buy 7 from the same pack...at least I wouldn't...the most I would buy from one pack is 3 at the most.

Actually the best thing is to buy one and scratch it off in the store and if you get a win then leave...don't buy anymore for a day or two.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
    Illinois
    United States
    Member #82001
    November 3, 2009
    890 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2010, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Elmozoe & please don't ever buy 7 from the same pack...at least I wouldn't...the most I would buy from one pack is 3 at the most.

Actually the best thing is to buy one and scratch it off in the store and if you get a win then leave...don't buy anymore for a day or two.

What if it's a dud, do you buy the next one hoping it will be a winner

North Carolina
      United States
      Member #59855
      March 29, 2008
      31528 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2010, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

What if it's a dud, do you buy the next one hoping it will be a winner

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't...just depends on how I feel...today I changed up and bought a couple of these $5 ones & "lo and behold" if I didn't win another $50...so yippee!BananaIf you get the red 7 it's doubled so $25 is doubled!DrumHappy is me!LOL

United States
        Member #1630
        June 7, 2003
        6011 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2010, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't...just depends on how I feel...today I changed up and bought a couple of these $5 ones & "lo and behold" if I didn't win another $50...so yippee!BananaIf you get the red 7 it's doubled so $25 is doubled!DrumHappy is me!LOL

Congratulations Vergie, you are lucky with these scratch cards!!!! Way to go girl!!!!

North Carolina
          United States
          Member #59855
          March 29, 2008
          31528 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Vergie, you are lucky with these scratch cards!!!! Way to go girl!!!!

Thanks Coolmoney! 

I just couldn't believe it when I scratched that one off tonight.

I might just win a million one day...you just never know!...then I'll buy the Lottery Post from Todd!...LOL

United States
            Member #1630
            June 7, 2003
            6011 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2010, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Coolmoney! 

I might just win a million one day...you just never know!...then I'll buy the Lottery Post from Todd!...LOL

LOL That's a thought, that sure would be a fun job..... or maybe not, I don't know LOL!!!!! Maybe you could teach scratch ticket classes full time LOL!!!!

big dr's avatar - animaniacs41
              raleigh north carolina
              United States
              Member #74039
              May 1, 2009
              1076 Posts
              Posted: January 20, 2010, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm so happy today I bought a 10 dollar ticket and hit a 100.00 that is the most I ever won

Illinois
                United States
                Member #82001
                November 3, 2009
                890 Posts
                Posted: January 20, 2010, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Coolmoney! 

Wow with your good luck, maybe should take a chance on $20 tixs to see if can hit big one!!!

North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #59855
                  March 29, 2008
                  31528 Posts
                  Posted: January 20, 2010, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

I'm so happy today I bought a 10 dollar ticket and hit a 100.00 that is the most I ever won

Good for you big dr!

Congratulations!PartyI hope you win another $100...or let's dream big...at least a $1000!

Good luck today!See Ya!

North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #59855
                    March 29, 2008
                    31528 Posts
                    Posted: January 20, 2010, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

Wow with your good luck, maybe should take a chance on $20 tixs to see if can hit big one!!!

If it's in your budget it might prove to be lucky. 

I don't want anyone to spend money they don't have just because I'm on a lucky streak...not that I have a lot of money...I don't but have played p3 & won little drips here & there & built up a kitty so I can play on scratch or whatever...seems to be working right now.

Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #82001
                      November 3, 2009
                      890 Posts
                      Posted: January 20, 2010, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

If it's in your budget it might prove to be lucky. 

I don't want anyone to spend money they don't have just because I'm on a lucky streak...not that I have a lot of money...I don't but have played p3 & won little drips here & there & built up a kitty so I can play on scratch or whatever...seems to be working right now.

I don't have to worry because scratchers aren't really my thing. I just hate the mess after done scratching them. Would rather play Pick 3/4 and my biggest win ($200) so far has come from pick 4.

North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        31528 Posts
                        Posted: January 20, 2010, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't have to worry because scratchers aren't really my thing. I just hate the mess after done scratching them. Would rather play Pick 3/4 and my biggest win ($200) so far has come from pick 4.

I think it's time for me to give them a rest too...going to concentrate more on p3.

I've hit 11 times so far this month with p3 & 17 hits in Dec. & posted pictures of all of my winning tickets....my biggest one was with 555 on Christmas night with $250 except for $120 a couple of times in Dec. & ($160 once in Nov.)...I felt 555 was coming Christmas night so don't know why I didn't put more on it...the other hits were all $80 & $40 but I do consistently hit so I'm happy with that but have to try harder for some straight hits.

This winning streak started on Nov. 10th with 12 hits in Nov. & has kept up thank goodness.

I really need to take a break as it is wearing me out but as long as I'm winning I hate to stop.

Oh & right after p4 started here last April...I had 3 hits right together in May...played 1555 that Mswiz suggested on May 11th and it hit like that so I got $600 because I played it for 50cents boxed...who knew it would hit...anyway hit once more in Sept. and have not hit since...been one number off many many times...it's hard to get the p4 to me so concentrate more on p3 but did play last night and tonight with the same numbers....hope I hit.

Good luck to you Rowen!See Ya!...sorry I got carried away...this is supposed to be about scratchers on this thread...but think it's ok this time maybe...Crazy

big dr's avatar - animaniacs41
                          raleigh north carolina
                          United States
                          Member #74039
                          May 1, 2009
                          1076 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2010, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I hit another 100.00 dollar on a 10.00 card today maybe my luck is changing for the better

North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #59855
                            March 29, 2008
                            31528 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2010, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I hit another 100.00 dollar on a 10.00 card today maybe my luck is changing for the better

Wow, that's great big dr!...I've been lucky with these...got 2 at one store yesterday afternoon and 2 at another one last night and won $75 total on both!...Yippee!BananaWhen you get 

the orange circled 7 it's doubled!...I'll stick with these for awhile!

United States
                              Member #1630
                              June 7, 2003
                              6011 Posts
                              Posted: January 27, 2010, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Big Dr!!!!!! Cheerleader 1 Cheerleader 1 Megaphone Megaphone Cheerleader 1 Megaphone Megaphone Cheerleader 1 Megaphone Megaphone Cheerleader 1 Megaphone Megaphone 

Page 8 of 11