Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Not enough thoroughbred players around here...

Topic closed. 420 replies. Last post 7 years ago by diamondpalace.

Page 18 of 29
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49610 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2010, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

I will make a comeback....................soon.

This is not the "ending" I want.

If you don't comeback: You won't be back! Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2010, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

"I had the numbers, but I just didn't play them".

It's like a classic show on "People's court", with Judge Marilyn Milian.

Judge: Do you have the receipts to show proof that you paid the plaintiff?

Defendant: Yes.

Judge: Do you have them with you?

Defendant: No.

Judge: Why not?

Defendant: I don't know, I just didn't bring them with me.

Judge: Judgment for the Plantiff in the amount of $573.27

lol.....................

United States
      Member #10720
      January 23, 2005
      933 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2010, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

"off by one" on the Mega Millions makes as much sense as a golf ball in a tree being almost in the hole. The bonus ball tonight was "44", but the bonus ball one number off "43" was not necessarily right next to it near the chute. One digit off in the Pick-3 i.e. played 2-8-6 and it came 2-0-6, that's different, or in a RNG game it "stops" on the 44 a billionth of a second after passing "43".

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2010, 12:14 am - IP Logged

"off by one" on the Mega Millions makes as much sense as a golf ball in a tree being almost in the hole. The bonus ball tonight was "44", but the bonus ball one number off "43" was not necessarily right next to it near the chute. One digit off in the Pick-3 i.e. played 2-8-6 and it came 2-0-6, that's different, or in a RNG game it "stops" on the 44 a billionth of a second after passing "43".

Billionth of a second. It's Quantum time. "Quanta" means small in the Quantum world.

That's all it takes for decisions in chaos to be made.

If you can divide one second into a billion or MORE pieces, the one piece of a billion or more, is where quantum time exists. A sliver of a "Moment" in time, so small, it defies understanding.

The number 43 may have come in, only if it superceded 44 by just a nano second.

United States
          Member #83701
          December 13, 2009
          225 Posts
          Posted: April 17, 2010, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Look guys. Do not get mad at me.  I am not your enemy. I want to share my knowledge and I have no doubt, what I know, you would be highly appreciative of my insight. Trust me on that.

Just so you guys know, I have gone a whole week (two game apiece with Mega Million) hitting 3 numbers right with the last two numbers off by one. Just one. This has started to happened just recently, about a month ago. The following weeks, up to now, I have been averaging 3 numbers right and frequently getting 1+BB. This is not some coincidence, folks.

That's the result of 15 years of hard study at the numbers. To mock me and ridicule me is comical. Seriously comical.

Carrying on, though.

First off, saying that you have "knowledge" blows your credibility right off the bat.   To be honest, not only does it sound like you are not sharing anything, it sounds like you have nothing to share and you're whining about others not sharing anything you deem useful.    Why would anyone trust you when you've shared nothing at all.

Hitting a number off by one means absolutely nothing at all, they are symbols on ping pong balls, they might as well be squares, circles, triangles and wavy lines not numbers.   What wonderful insight do you have?   Do the ping pong balls even care if the playslips are arranged in grids of 9 columns by 5 rows?   How is it that a given pattern on a playslip translate into the order a ping pong ball is drawn?

Sounds like my 4 out of 5 number match on Mega Millions a few weeks ago is closer than you've ever been and I considered that win to be disappointing.

Really, how many tickets have you bought, Have you plugged it into a Chi square equation to see if it matches with the actual odds?   Until you have a system that a Chi square test says is hitting unusually more then it should then you've got nothing but coincidence.

15 years of study?   You could have 5 PHD's with 15 years of study.   Really to have studied lottery numbers for 15 years and still believe in patterns on playslips is comical.

United States
            Member #83701
            December 13, 2009
            225 Posts
            Posted: April 17, 2010, 10:42 am - IP Logged

What makes you think the numnber 44 follows 43 in a pseudo random algorithm.   What makes you think it's a number as small as 43.   RNG's on computers typically are 32 bit numbers and then you take a modulus to get the number into the range that you want, that 43 might be 43, 238,908 or 627,043.  

A common random number algorithm would be to take the seed, multiply it by a large constant (usually a large prime number), add another large constant (again usually a large prime number) and then modulus it to the desired seed range using the result as the next seed.   The random number generator in the glibc libraries would take the seed multiply it by 1103515245, add 12345 and modulus it by 2^32 to ensure it remains within the 32 bit range.

This means in that next miniscule fraction of a second, that 43 could be followed by something like 24 or 39 but not necessarily 44.

This would be called the Linear Congruential Generator or LCG for short.

In theory, if the numbers were from a Mersenne Twister algorithm which has been becoming popular with simulations since 1997, the sequence may be predicted after observing 624 outcomes but the fact that the outcome has been modulus'd to be within the range desired by the lottery means that the numbers drawn is only a portion of the actual RNG outcome and it would take a hell of a lot more observations to make any such predictions, besides in a game such as Mega Millions only six numbers are generated from a given run/draw and the initial states of the RNG are seeded for each draw from physically unpredictable values such as the exact time of day.   Basically, although you may have many years worth of historical data, you still only have 5 numbers with which to characterize the RNG to predict the 6th number and you can't predict a given draw from the previous draws simply by characterizing the RNG.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2010, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

IT'S BACK!

Poltergeist You've been warned!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40250 Posts
                Posted: April 18, 2010, 9:56 am - IP Logged

IT'S BACK!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 18, 2010, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

IT'S BACK!

That there looks like a mother in law from hell!

I cain't rightly say if I had one that looked like that but I believe to my soul I'm gonna have nightmares from seeing that.

Looks like a cross between Rod Steiger, Broderick Crawford and Elton John with lipstick on. I'm gonna be sick.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                    Member #81314
                    October 16, 2009
                    18965 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2010, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

That there looks like a mother in law from hell!

I cain't rightly say if I had one that looked like that but I believe to my soul I'm gonna have nightmares from seeing that.

Looks like a cross between Rod Steiger, Broderick Crawford and Elton John with lipstick on. I'm gonna be sick.

lol,

rdgrnr, I had to come and see what was said on this post, lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The Struggle is real!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: April 18, 2010, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

lol,

rdgrnr, I had to come and see what was said on this post, lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thank you MDB. I was in St Louie not long ago. Stayed in that hotel connected to the old train station.

Do you play PB and MM? You never know, we could be soulmates!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2010, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Mega thing come back ...We need to know what numbers not to play for Friday.pleeeeeeeeeeease,

LOL Haven't seen this much hilarity since ...

Should EZMoney receive "Hall of Fame" title in his avatar?
                        http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/175516

I Won A $86Million Annuity
                        http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/179220

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Houston
                          United States
                          Member #62319
                          June 24, 2008
                          242 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2010, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Before I begin, I've been here longer than most of you know. This year, 2010, is the first year I have really established my voice around here. All before, I lurked. I watch all that goes on, keep to myself and I lurks. Even in exile, I lurked. I set about this discipline of myself.....and it plays to the discipline I need to tame the Matrix.

Much criticism, here, is reserved for me. On one hand, I hate it. On the other hand, I can't be anymore thankful. I need it ----- it fuels the motivation. It shapes the mind and refine the "focus" necessary. 

Criticisms of me has spread even to other threads. Members have called me all manner of names and I suffer it, like a father suffers the growing pains of his children. I endure --- I AM ThinkTank.

For two weeks of verbal torture from the masses, I have gained two new insights to strengthened my method. Because of you, ThinkThank is growing powerful. It may not be to your understanding what I am saying but I know the affect it has on me and with a clever mind, I turn it into a "strength".

I will not attack anymore members. The stage is set. The tide is against me and that is when I'm at my best.

I Am ThinkTank.

Houston
                            United States
                            Member #62319
                            June 24, 2008
                            242 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2010, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

.....and tomorrow, I will participate on the Maddog Challenge. I make no prediction but the Matrix will get sucker-punched for handing me an embarassing defeat on April 13.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40250 Posts
                              Posted: April 19, 2010, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Before I begin, I've been here longer than most of you know. This year, 2010, is the first year I have really established my voice around here. All before, I lurked. I watch all that goes on, keep to myself and I lurks. Even in exile, I lurked. I set about this discipline of myself.....and it plays to the discipline I need to tame the Matrix.

Much criticism, here, is reserved for me. On one hand, I hate it. On the other hand, I can't be anymore thankful. I need it ----- it fuels the motivation. It shapes the mind and refine the "focus" necessary. 

Criticisms of me has spread even to other threads. Members have called me all manner of names and I suffer it, like a father suffers the growing pains of his children. I endure --- I AM ThinkTank.

For two weeks of verbal torture from the masses, I have gained two new insights to strengthened my method. Because of you, ThinkThank is growing powerful. It may not be to your understanding what I am saying but I know the affect it has on me and with a clever mind, I turn it into a "strength".

I will not attack anymore members. The stage is set. The tide is against me and that is when I'm at my best.

I Am ThinkTank.

You misspelled your own alter ego thinkthank , or is growing more powerful causing extra letters to appear in your persona. keep it coming I need some good laughs.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Page 18 of 29