Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which states and lottery games will you play once online gambling is legal?

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:00 am - IP Logged

I will play only the states graded as A+ on the Lottery Post State Lottery Report Card.

I won't even play PB or MM in a state that uses computers for other games and that includes my own state.

90% of the states that are A+ are up north ridge..You'll need a note or a translater with you they won't be able to understand you..tiggs is packed and ready to go go go!!!..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:26 am - IP Logged

I Agree!   I will only play states that have no state income tax on the winnings or the lowest of state taxes on said winnings!

Good point BE. Throw that into the mix along with the Report Card grades in state competition online and we could see some big changes.

My only concern is that greedy politicians could enact preemptive legislation of some sort to circumvent anything that would empower players or enhance their ability to affect change in the whole system and/or elicit serious consideration of players' issues.

Let's face it; it's unfortunately in the best interest of the less desirable state lotteries to keep everything status quo.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:32 am - IP Logged

90% of the states that are A+ are up north ridge..You'll need a note or a translater with you they won't be able to understand you..tiggs is packed and ready to go go go!!!..

Translate for me? I would probably have to translate for you! Nobody understands that Kentucky mush-mouth, mumbo-jumbo up north. Not that they'd listen to ya anyway when they see ya comin in your yellow bell-bottoms with the big wide white belt up around your chest.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2010, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I Agree!   I will only play states that have no state income tax on the winnings or the lowest of state taxes on said winnings!

If you get a W2-G for your lottery winnings, you'll still have to declare it on your Federal tax form and your state tax form too. So even you win in a tax free state, you'll pay state taxes in state where you live.

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Translate for me? I would probably have to translate for you! Nobody understands that Kentucky mush-mouth, mumbo-jumbo up north. Not that they'd listen to ya anyway when they see ya comin in your yellow bell-bottoms with the big wide white belt up around your chest.

First state tiggs will play and the only other state he will play will be Tn lottery..He will win millions there and have his pic in the papper with a big ole Tn lottery check..tiggs will enjoy taking Tn's money back to Ky..Eat your heart out ridge baby..Oh yeah!!..

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged
            Pre tests are a part of the security function of the game to makes sure no tampering of the balls has been done. It's not so much a big deal about the machines malfunctioning. Pre tests are audited for security purposes.

You propose for them to just release sets of balls for a drawing without doing any security measures. I can here the frigging phones now about how come peoples numbers didn't come out and there must be tampering of the balls.

You know full well why they do pre test because of what happened in PA years ago. It's an industry standard.

Excuse me four4me but, Please tell me, on  who's dide are you??? 

Pre testing 3 times as many states do is not necessary, unless there are other reasons, ulterior motives for this!!! Please, I am just saying!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

New York,
              Panama
              Member #73078
              April 4, 2009
              3490 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:50 am - IP Logged

HAHAHAHAHhh...LMHOoof.. rd. it's too early for this!!! I want to be belly laughing like this before I go to bed!!!

Green laughI have too many things to do..and If I am walking around laughing like this in the streets of NYC.., thinking about you and tiggs, they  are going to take me away in the wagon!!.... LoL..oh too funny!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                42114 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2010, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

he'll be eating a chili pop on a stick..., with a trail of oyster crackers behind him.

HyperBe Happy.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8394 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2010, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Excuse me four4me but, Please tell me, on  who's dide are you??? 

Pre testing 3 times as many states do is not necessary, unless there are other reasons, ulterior motives for this!!! Please, I am just saying!!

Everything that is done every day in the secure lottery ball room is just like they do when someone is going to be operated on. Pretesting balls has nothing to do with the outcome.... are players thinking they use the same balls every day or from draw to draw. think again because the balls are different sets. They don't use the same set of balls for every drawing.... a player has no way of knowing what ball sets are being uses so tracking numbers is about the only way to derive what number will come out next.

Personally i don't care if they do 100 pretest drawings the only drawing that matters is the one going live and in the books as the official winning number.

And it's not just 3 times they test it's 3 times before the drawing and three times after the drawing all which are taped and logged for auditing purposes this was done when the people in PA and other states rigged drawings and got caught now they go to extreme measures to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

he'll be eating a chili pop on a stick..., with a trail of oyster crackers behind him.

Pay no attention the ridge..He don't have a drink in the AM right before he posts..He makes no sense when he's sober...or for that matter when he's drunk..Never knew ridge drank till tiggs saw him sober once..He is a good natured slob tho...

joker831's avatar - Trek COMBADG3.gif
                      Tucson, Arizona
                      United States
                      Member #63404
                      July 27, 2008
                      102 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2010, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

It's just illegal to fund a gambling account from a US bank.  There are ways around it.  I have been doing it since about 1989.  I haven't had anyone banging on my door telling me to stop.  And I will continue to do so until the FEDs show up on my door step telling me to knock it off.  I have been playing international lotteries for just as long too.  I have never had any problems collecting my money that I have won.

The possibilites are endless.... might as well start at the begining

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10391 Posts
                        Posted: June 9, 2010, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Massachusetts would be tempting for its Pick 4 game.....you can also play Any 1, Any 2, Any 3 along with hitting all four, and yeah, I know as it is right now you can subscribe to the Mass. Lottery from anywhere in the U. S., but if I can't go play a ticket locally I'm not playing.

A lot of current online sites that accept wagers, poker, and sports, are in the Carribbean. some have packed up and moved instead of paying off winners. Others have just not paid them. "Oh, go ahead, call the cops and tell them you're playing illegally online, Einstein."

60 minutes did an in depth report on this.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                          Connecticut
                          United States
                          Member #61623
                          May 29, 2008
                          20581 Posts
                          Posted: June 9, 2010, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

Without a doubt Keno in Canada , Pick 3 in North Carolina and probably U.K Daily play..but over all I would love to lock my money up in NC to make some jing

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                            Pittsburg, Ks
                            United States
                            Member #3382
                            January 17, 2004
                            83175 Posts
                            Posted: June 9, 2010, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Without a doubt Keno in Canada , Pick 3 in North Carolina and probably U.K Daily play..but over all I would love to lock my money up in NC to make some jing

JBG I agree with you on NC. If I played Pick 3 online tho it would be between NJ and NC since they seem to hit the most with the numbers I post on the Prediction Board. I heard you can't play your own State which is good I guess since KS is a hard State to hit.

God Bless America

US Flag

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                              Magnolia, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #18795
                              July 20, 2005
                              789 Posts
                              Posted: June 9, 2010, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

If you get a W2-G for your lottery winnings, you'll still have to declare it on your Federal tax form and your state tax form too. So even you win in a tax free state, you'll pay state taxes in state where you live.

I never said one word about the Federal tax! NOT ONE WORD!

I think you better look where I live (Delaware) and they don't tax lottery winnings at the state level! It's no big deal to have to claim it in your own state at tax time. But to play in an other state that does take their cut off the top for taxes just doesn't make good sense, not at all no matter how you cut it! And one more thing, what about the people who do live in a state that doesn't have an income tax at all in their state and they win a lottery jackpot from another state? NO TAX to them because they have No State Income Tax in their home State! The 7 States that have no personal income tax is as follows (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, The State of Washington and Wyoming).

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up