Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which states and lottery games will you play once online gambling is legal?

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 6 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Tenaj's avatar - michellea
Charlotte NC
United States
Member #17406
June 18, 2005
4053 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2010, 2:05 am - IP Logged
Pre tests are a part of the security function of the game to makes sure no tampering of the balls has been done. It's not so much a big deal about the machines malfunctioning. Pre tests are audited for security purposes.

You propose for them to just release sets of balls for a drawing without doing any security measures. I can here the frigging phones now about how come peoples numbers didn't come out and there must be tampering of the balls.

You know full well why they do pre test because of what happened in PA years ago. It's an industry standard.

But 8 pre-test draws is a bit much.

takeemtothebank

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

But 8 pre-test draws is a bit much.

Yeah, I agree. I guess, I can see one or two pre-tests, but 8? That seems a bit overboard.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8366 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2010, 2:25 am - IP Logged

four4me, Are you a State Lottery Official???What?

If i were a lottery official i would divulge that info...... no i am not but i am a machinist and have worked with the people that make the balls and machines once we even had a lottery representative/terminal repair man work evenings on my shift. I have dedicated the last 20 yrs finding out everything i could about how the lottery operates. Especially ball selection and security. I snatch up any lottery representative i see at the store the fairs or anywhere i might be that the lottery people are and pick their brains for info.

I call them.. i email them... whatever it takes to get answers to any questions that might pop up. I know enough about how the lottery operates that i could work there. I spent about 3 hours in the main lottery office picking up a check and picked everybody's brain there.

I spend an awful lot of money on the lottery and want every edge i can get.... trust me it's all luck of the draw you cant predict random events.

As the PAC man said we've been down this road before.

You all want pre test results but the majority of lottery players haven't a clue as to what pre test draws are. Call or email your lottery and ask for something if your so concerned that it will help YOU!

While you at it ask them what the next numbers going to be since most of the people on here think they know that too.

Going to bed now later....

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2010, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Nobody saying that at all Texas puts up the pretest draws for their games but other states don't there is a lot more to a drawing than throwing balls into a machine. About 3 hours of work goes into each drawing midday and evening. 6 hrs total. Lottery's belong to an organization every state is grouped with one or another.... before they merged with power ball. ----They adopted many rules and regulations just like any major business. If people don't like the rules then become a lottery commissioner and go about changing the rules that have been set in stone for how long now.

Ball sets and pre draws are know by a select few players like here on lottery post. The average player on the street has no clue as to what goes on inside the lottery offices. The select few that think for one moment that knowing the pre draw results which take place about 20 minutes before the drawing are going to help them win. Are as delusional as those players that say they know what numbers will be drawn before they come out. In a random event it's all luck and you know that.

By the time they posted the pretest results the drawing would already be set to run and the terminals shut down.

You're making everybody's point.

If seeing and knowing the results of the pre-tests can't benefit us, then why all the secrecy? We've been screwed over before. We'd just like to see what's going on behind the shroud of secrecy. Texas does it with no problems - why not everybody? What have they got to hide?

The lottery people have screwed us before and now we have to trust their word that everything is cool?

Again, screw that. Let a little sun shine in on what's going on behind closed doors by the people who have screwed us over before - the lottery officials.

And the old canard - "if you don't like the rules don't play" - just don't cut it.

It's our government and it's our lottery. We wanna know what's going on.

Afterall - Power To The People!  Right?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
          Magnolia, Delaware
          United States
          Member #18795
          July 20, 2005
          789 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2010, 8:07 am - IP Logged

If seeing and knowing the results of the pre-tests can't benefit us, then why all the secrecy? We've been screwed over before. We'd just like to see what's going on behind the shroud of secrecy. Texas does it with no problems - why not everybody? What have they got to hide?

The lottery people have screwed us before and now we have to trust their word that everything is cool?

Again, screw that. Let a little sun shine in on what's going on behind closed doors by the people who have screwed us over before - the lottery officials.

And the old canard - "if you don't like the rules don't play" - just don't cut it.

I agree with what you say rd;

Afterall - Power To The People!  Right?       But I will make one stronger point to what you are saying about "our government".  We the people are the Government! Why, Because we have the power to get rid of those in office that don't do as we wish them to do for the good of the country as a whole! But we don't and that is "EVERYONE'S FAULT" that doesn't do their given right to do at the polls and get rid of the career politicians in both houses of government! We need to push for term limits for both houses of "OUR GOVERNMENT".

Sorry for going off topic. stepping down off soap box now.

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2010, 8:16 am - IP Logged

If you guys don't like the way the lottery is run and don't want to play by thier rules don't play..Simple..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:01 am - IP Logged

If you guys don't like the way the lottery is run and don't want to play by thier rules don't play..Simple..

We got no problem with your way tigger. We agree with you 100%.

We just want the rules to be the way you don't like them instead of the way we don't like them.

Now let the nice men in white strap you back down, it's nap time.

And stop hiding the anti-psychotic meds under your tongue, swallow them.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:13 am - IP Logged

We got no problem with your way tigger. We agree with you 100%.

We just want the rules to be the way you don't like them instead of the way we don't like them.

Now let the nice men in white strap you back down, it's nap time.

And stop hiding the anti-psychotic meds under your tongue, swallow them.

Hahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaa ...Rd, rd, rd, The things you come up with are Priceless!! No Stand-up comic can get this kindf of material....You are the Funniest man I have ever met bar none!!! LOL ...Green laugh

Tiggs go lay down... and take your pressure pills!!!!Lovies

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Hahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaa ...Rd, rd, rd, The things you come up with are Priceless!! No Stand-up comic can get this kindf of material....You are the Funniest man I have ever met bar none!!! LOL ...Green laugh

Tiggs go lay down... and take your pressure pills!!!!Lovies

We just have to work together to keep an eye on him Rosie or he goes "off the reservation" if you know what I mean.

He just needs to swallow his meds so he stops saying crazy things.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3490 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

We just have to work together to keep an eye on him Rosie or he goes "off the reservation" if you know what I mean.

He just needs to swallow his meds so he stops saying crazy things.

I Agree!Right you are are!!Thumbs Up

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8366 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2010, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

A handful of people who want to see something that they find important to know need to band together and form a complaint. Since it's only a hand full of people you might not be able to shake the tree.

Our citizens cant get enough millions to stand up for our rights as it is but you want a handful of people to get pre draw results posted give me a break. Call your lottery make a connection with somebody and have them email you the pre test results ask whats the big deal why they cant post the results on their web page. Talking about it on here doesn't mean squat to them.

Tell them you think knowing the pre draw results will help you win more see what they say to that I'm tired of saying why they don't or won't do it it's not really my problem i have no doubt that Maryland's lottery is on the up and up and no fixing is taking place just look at their results pages and you can see for yourself that the numbers jive from draw then for your own conclusion as to why that is get back to me with an opinion on that then I'll let you know if you guessed right.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                        rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2010, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

A handful of people who want to see something that they find important to know need to band together and form a complaint. Since it's only a hand full of people you might not be able to shake the tree.

Our citizens cant get enough millions to stand up for our rights as it is but you want a handful of people to get pre draw results posted give me a break. Call your lottery make a connection with somebody and have them email you the pre test results ask whats the big deal why they cant post the results on their web page. Talking about it on here doesn't mean squat to them.

Tell them you think knowing the pre draw results will help you win more see what they say to that I'm tired of saying why they don't or won't do it it's not really my problem i have no doubt that Maryland's lottery is on the up and up and no fixing is taking place just look at their results pages and you can see for yourself that the numbers jive from draw then for your own conclusion as to why that is get back to me with an opinion on that then I'll let you know if you guessed right.

Listen closely - I don't care about seeing the pre-tests because I think it will help me win.

I'd like to see them because I don't trust state lottery officials or state government officials.

They have screwed the players before because of their answer-to-nobody protocols and secrecy.

You are free to trust everybody in positions of authority and believe everything they tell you if you want to (and you always do) but I choose not to.

As President Reagan said when dealing with similar people - those slippery Russians: "Trust, but verify"

Also, you said I can look at Maryland's result pages and see that the numbers jive and that proves that their lottery is on the up and up and no fixing is taking place. I have a couple questions to ask about that statement: What does it mean? I can't make any sense out of it. The numbers jive with what? You can tell by looking at their results that they're honest? Sorry, I just don't get it. Please explain to us how you can look at the results and know that there is no fixing taking place like you said.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                          Member #47420
                          November 4, 2006
                          3930 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2010, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Listen closely - I don't care about seeing the pre-tests because I think it will help me win.

I'd like to see them because I don't trust state lottery officials or state government officials.

They have screwed the players before because of their answer-to-nobody protocols and secrecy.

You are free to trust everybody in positions of authority and believe everything they tell you if you want to (and you always do) but I choose not to.

As President Reagan said when dealing with similar people - those slippery Russians: "Trust, but verify"

Also, you said I can look at Maryland's result pages and see that the numbers jive and that proves that their lottery is on the up and up and no fixing is taking place. I have a couple questions to ask about that statement: What does it mean? I can't make any sense out of it. The numbers jive with what? You can tell by looking at their results that they're honest? Sorry, I just don't get it. Please explain to us how you can look at the results and know that there is no fixing taking place like you said.

LOTTERY IS LUCK..ok?? DING DING DING DING!!...President Reagan was spaced out when he said that about the Russians..In fact President Reagan was spaced out the last 50 years of his life..

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2010, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 when it was legal I use to play every state [ all states pick ]. generaly with a select list of numbers. When I played individual states I made a select list for that state.

MAGA

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: June 10, 2010, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

JAP69 when you said good luck that's it..You get it..