Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which states and lottery games will you play once online gambling is legal?

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 6 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8361 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Listen closely - I don't care about seeing the pre-tests because I think it will help me win.

I'd like to see them because I don't trust state lottery officials or state government officials.

They have screwed the players before because of their answer-to-nobody protocols and secrecy.

You are free to trust everybody in positions of authority and believe everything they tell you if you want to (and you always do) but I choose not to.

As President Reagan said when dealing with similar people - those slippery Russians: "Trust, but verify"

Also, you said I can look at Maryland's result pages and see that the numbers jive and that proves that their lottery is on the up and up and no fixing is taking place. I have a couple questions to ask about that statement: What does it mean? I can't make any sense out of it. The numbers jive with what? You can tell by looking at their results that they're honest? Sorry, I just don't get it. Please explain to us how you can look at the results and know that there is no fixing taking place like you said.

Anybody that knows anything about tracking numbers can observe they are using the same ball sets from draw to draw almost.... the last few day now.... that is either due to laziness or by chance.

Do you have any knowledge as to what goes into just one lottery drawing. What do they do from the time they enter the building to the time the midday drawing takes place.

I do and it's the same process everyday of the week.

More security than at your local bank of which I'm sure you don't trust either.

People that work for the lottery cant play the lottery neither can their family members so the are just people doing their jobs some of which make big money so they don't need to win the lottery they have already won the lottery by securing a high position in their job.

The ones i feel sorry for are the personal low on the totem pole who cant play the lottery nor can their family members that must suck.

It sure must be weird to be so paranoid about lottery people/government people who for the most part could care less what you think of them they know the job sucks but somebody has to do it.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
    tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Listen closely - I don't care about seeing the pre-tests because I think it will help me win.

I'd like to see them because I don't trust state lottery officials or state government officials.

They have screwed the players before because of their answer-to-nobody protocols and secrecy.

You are free to trust everybody in positions of authority and believe everything they tell you if you want to (and you always do) but I choose not to.

As President Reagan said when dealing with similar people - those slippery Russians: "Trust, but verify"

Also, you said I can look at Maryland's result pages and see that the numbers jive and that proves that their lottery is on the up and up and no fixing is taking place. I have a couple questions to ask about that statement: What does it mean? I can't make any sense out of it. The numbers jive with what? You can tell by looking at their results that they're honest? Sorry, I just don't get it. Please explain to us how you can look at the results and know that there is no fixing taking place like you said.

To four4me...You see this post from ridge runner?..This is a post form someone who can't hit a winner..If he like the other people who cry about the lottery not playing fair hit winners all the time you woulden't hear a peep out of them..Maybe they should get a job working for the lottery so they can be on the inside of the loop...so to say..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Anybody that knows anything about tracking numbers can observe they are using the same ball sets from draw to draw almost.... the last few day now.... that is either due to laziness or by chance.

Do you have any knowledge as to what goes into just one lottery drawing. What do they do from the time they enter the building to the time the midday drawing takes place.

I do and it's the same process everyday of the week.

More security than at your local bank of which I'm sure you don't trust either.

People that work for the lottery cant play the lottery neither can their family members so the are just people doing their jobs some of which make big money so they don't need to win the lottery they have already won the lottery by securing a high position in their job.

The ones i feel sorry for are the personal low on the totem pole who cant play the lottery nor can their family members that must suck.

It sure must be weird to be so paranoid about lottery people/government people who for the most part could care less what you think of them they know the job sucks but somebody has to do it.

I agree with one thing you said: "...lottery people/government people for the most part could care less what you think of them."

I know and that's the outrage of it.

Were the people who were skeptical in PA "paranoid" too? Should they have listened to the people like you who always believe the government crooks' every word?

You are gullible. You believe anything Mr Charlie says. But here's the bigger problem. You wouldn't even think of questioning their integrity for one second. You're bought and paid for. You're a known commodity. You're in their hip pocket.

You'll drink the Kool-Aid - I won't.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York,
        Panama
        Member #73078
        April 4, 2009
        3490 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2010, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

To four4me...You see this post from ridge runner?..This is a post form someone who can't hit a winner..If he like the other people who cry about the lottery not playing fair hit winners all the time you woulden't hear a peep out of them..Maybe they should get a job working for the lottery so they can be on the inside of the loop...so to say..

Tiggs... I am getting worried about you... are you on something else other than your regular medication???

if not then you must be an undercover Lottery Official, or you are tired and need to rest of a decade!!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2010, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Tiggs... I am getting worried about you... are you on something else other than your regular medication???

if not then you must be an undercover Lottery Official, or you are tired and need to rest of a decade!!!

He's off his meds and talking crazy again Rosie.

I don't trust any government agency with money and they act like I'm nuts!

I trust PB and MM.

I don't trust state lotteries. They are as trustworthy as the politician-types they have appointed by politicians to run them.

They have been caught cheating before but they said they won't do it again and that's good enough for some people. They will call you paranoid if you think they just might cheat again. They fully trust them to do everything behind closed doors and not cheat again.

And four4me can tell they're not cheating just by looking at the results.  Crazy

--Edmund Burke

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

He's off his meds and talking crazy again Rosie.

I don't trust any government agency with money and they act like I'm nuts!

I trust PB and MM.

I don't trust state lotteries. They are as trustworthy as the politician-types they have appointed by politicians to run them.

They have been caught cheating before but they said they won't do it again and that's good enough for some people. They will call you paranoid if you think they just might cheat again. They fully trust them to do everything behind closed doors and not cheat again.

And four4me can tell they're not cheating just by looking at the results.  Crazy

rd, we have a lot more of them out there.......they are those who spout this kind of rhetoric, pre-programed heads...we are in trouble rd...serious trouble!!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2010, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

rd, we have a lot more of them out there.......they are those who spout this kind of rhetoric, pre-programed heads...we are in trouble rd...serious trouble!!!

It's wild Rosie. It's like that quote by the Warden in Cool Hand Luke: "Some men you just can't reach"

I can't get through to people like four4me and now tiggs. They're modus operandi is just wishful thinking. They don't want to believe that people can be dishonest so they simply refuse to believe it.

four4me says he corners state lottery officials and "picks their brains". Do you know what's in the brain of a liar? Lies. Just because they are from the lottery doesn't mean they are going to tell you the truth, yet he believes everything they say. He'd be better off picking his nose for the truth. He has some kind of weird subservient complex with authority and authority figures. He believes and obeys without question. He's almost robotic in his defense of any authority. I'd be very surprised if he's really a machinist. I'd still say some auxiliary form of law enforcement or maybe the Mayor's brother in law or something.

tiggs on the other hand, is just nuts.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
                Panama
                Member #73078
                April 4, 2009
                3490 Posts
                Posted: June 11, 2010, 12:03 am - IP Logged

It's wild Rosie. It's like that quote by the Warden in Cool Hand Luke: "Some men you just can't reach"

I can't get through to people like four4me and now tiggs. They're modus operandi is just wishful thinking. They don't want to believe that people can be dishonest so they simply refuse to believe it.

four4me says he corners state lottery officials and "picks their brains". Do you know what's in the brain of a liar? Lies. Just because they are from the lottery doesn't mean they are going to tell you the truth, yet he believes everything they say. He'd be better off picking his nose for the truth. He has some kind of weird subservient complex with authority and authority figures. He believes and obeys without question. He's almost robotic in his defense of any authority. I'd be very surprised if he's really a machinist. I'd still say some auxiliary form of law enforcement or maybe the Mayor's brother in law or something.

tiggs on the other hand, is just nuts.

Yes...tiggs is still somewhat salvageable...give him his prescription drugs and he will be fine...hopefully he takes the natural medicines and definitely he will be ok....   but I'm a not too sure about four4me.....I have seen those before they have selective blinders, it comes on as soon as you say any thing they think is anty-government...

like any of us would not give our life for this country!!  No other place in the world like it! 

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8361 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2010, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I agree with one thing you said: "...lottery people/government people for the most part could care less what you think of them."

I know and that's the outrage of it.

Were the people who were skeptical in PA "paranoid" too? Should they have listened to the people like you who always believe the government crooks' every word?

You are gullible. You believe anything Mr Charlie says. But here's the bigger problem. You wouldn't even think of questioning their integrity for one second. You're bought and paid for. You're a known commodity. You're in their hip pocket.

You'll drink the Kool-Aid - I won't.

One more time man I'm almost 60 yrs old have been a non conformist for longer than i can remember i live in Baltimore city also known as bleed-more or murder more Maryland i have managed not to kill anybody here yet in the this city. I managed not to be incarcerated for any crimes. All the whilst trying to raise two kids from some other man and two kids of my own at one point taking care of 9 people with one salary mine at 7 dollars and hour. I am a jack of all trades, A army vet. At some point i had a choice to fall in the gutter or pull myself out of the dumpster and get a life i went to the VA a took up some of those things they offer vets for free like the chance to by a house and get me some edijumication. Um that meant being a conformist for a while and while i did that i took notice of something incredible there are some really good people in this world who will stick their neck out for you if you follow the plan. I did and i worked myself up from a novice to journeyman machinist to a night shift manager of two different plants.

Having to deal with people form all walks of life. Some of the earliest lottery equipment used today was made by people like me and people i worked with. As a lottery player i was fascinated about everything that goes into it.... the equipment is of the simplest design not real complicated to operate and handle, the balls tubes have go and no go gages balls are weighed to a specific amount. Everything is tested every day. People win millions of dollars here every week.

I may be gullible to you but if you knew me would find that i operate withing the strictest measure of intelligence i question everything that matters to me and pre tests are the furthest thing from my mind i could care less about them because they fall in the order of statistical analysis. Just like when i am making parts for IBM or the medical field and i have to check every other part to see that they conform to the dimensions of tolerances called out on the blueprint. I record these numbers in case some inspector finds something in error.. All this might not mean anything to you but the people in charge of the lottery equipment operate in the highest standard the same as we machinist do why because we designed the equipment they use to check the accuracy of the weight and dimensions of the balls and tubes they use in the machines.

And that pretty much is all that matters to me the balls are accurate and the number is drawn and that the jest of it all. Pre tests are just one of the many security features thrown into the mix.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: June 11, 2010, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I never said one word about the Federal tax! NOT ONE WORD!

I think you better look where I live (Delaware) and they don't tax lottery winnings at the state level! It's no big deal to have to claim it in your own state at tax time. But to play in an other state that does take their cut off the top for taxes just doesn't make good sense, not at all no matter how you cut it! And one more thing, what about the people who do live in a state that doesn't have an income tax at all in their state and they win a lottery jackpot from another state? NO TAX to them because they have No State Income Tax in their home State! The 7 States that have no personal income tax is as follows (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, The State of Washington and Wyoming).

"I think you better look where I live (Delaware) and they don't tax lottery winnings at the state level!"

I wrote:

"If you get a W2-G for your lottery winnings, you'll still have to declare it on your Federal tax form and your state tax form too. So even you win in a tax free state, you'll pay state taxes in state where you live."

If Delaware doesn't tax lottery winnings, Delaware residents won't pay state taxes on lottery winnings. However your advice is useless for anybody living in states that tax lottery winnings.

It's really simple, I live in Kentucky and if I won $100,000 on the Delaware lottery, they would probably deduct 25% for Federal taxes, no Delaware state taxes, and hand me a check for $75,000. The next year when I fill out the 1040 I must include the $100,000 as gambling winnings and total my income. When I fill out the Kentucky tax form the $100,000 will be included and I will pay state taxes on it. If I won in state that deducted state tax but was less then Kentucky state tax, I would still have to make up the difference.

"And one more thing, what about the people who do live in a state that doesn't have an income tax at all in their state and they win a lottery jackpot from another state? NO TAX to them because they have No State Income Tax in their home State!"

From the Ohio Lottery website:

"State and federal withholding taxes for winning tickets purchased in Ohio shall be withheld from game number two hundred fifty prizes awarded by the Ohio lottery commission in such amounts as may be required by law, along with any other deductions required by law;"

Game number 250 is Mega Millions and Ohio state income tax is withheld for probably the same reason Ohio withholds state taxes on people who work in Ohio and live in another state.

"The 7 States that have no personal income tax is as follows (Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, The State of Washington and Wyoming)."

Ironic that 3 of those states, Alaska, Nevada, and Wyoming have no state lottery. And by the way, when I made a nice Keno hit in Las Vegas, I was given a W2-G and was taxed on the winning in my state even thought there is no Nevada state tax.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: June 11, 2010, 1:28 am - IP Logged

One more time man I'm almost 60 yrs old have been a non conformist for longer than i can remember i live in Baltimore city also known as bleed-more or murder more Maryland i have managed not to kill anybody here yet in the this city. I managed not to be incarcerated for any crimes. All the whilst trying to raise two kids from some other man and two kids of my own at one point taking care of 9 people with one salary mine at 7 dollars and hour. I am a jack of all trades, A army vet. At some point i had a choice to fall in the gutter or pull myself out of the dumpster and get a life i went to the VA a took up some of those things they offer vets for free like the chance to by a house and get me some edijumication. Um that meant being a conformist for a while and while i did that i took notice of something incredible there are some really good people in this world who will stick their neck out for you if you follow the plan. I did and i worked myself up from a novice to journeyman machinist to a night shift manager of two different plants.

Having to deal with people form all walks of life. Some of the earliest lottery equipment used today was made by people like me and people i worked with. As a lottery player i was fascinated about everything that goes into it.... the equipment is of the simplest design not real complicated to operate and handle, the balls tubes have go and no go gages balls are weighed to a specific amount. Everything is tested every day. People win millions of dollars here every week.

I may be gullible to you but if you knew me would find that i operate withing the strictest measure of intelligence i question everything that matters to me and pre tests are the furthest thing from my mind i could care less about them because they fall in the order of statistical analysis. Just like when i am making parts for IBM or the medical field and i have to check every other part to see that they conform to the dimensions of tolerances called out on the blueprint. I record these numbers in case some inspector finds something in error.. All this might not mean anything to you but the people in charge of the lottery equipment operate in the highest standard the same as we machinist do why because we designed the equipment they use to check the accuracy of the weight and dimensions of the balls and tubes they use in the machines.

And that pretty much is all that matters to me the balls are accurate and the number is drawn and that the jest of it all. Pre tests are just one of the many security features thrown into the mix.

four4me, I'm sorry if I don't communicate properly. I don't mean anything personal. I respect you for everything you've done and accomplished. We just have diametrically opposed opinions on trust issues concerning human beings. I'm sure the machines you make are top-notch. It's the people in control of those machines that I'm not so sure about, that's all. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: June 11, 2010, 6:20 am - IP Logged

four4me, I'm sorry if I don't communicate properly. I don't mean anything personal. I respect you for everything you've done and accomplished. We just have diametrically opposed opinions on trust issues concerning human beings. I'm sure the machines you make are top-notch. It's the people in control of those machines that I'm not so sure about, that's all. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.

It's ok ridgey ole paleys walsey..Your just having a hard time trying to make a new friend with four4me..You will always be tiggs butty wutty..You will always have a butty,butty with tiggs...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10351 Posts
                          Posted: June 11, 2010, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like an intro to Dueling Banjos!

Ut oh!

(Just kidding)....

No online for me, if need be I'd stick with an "Outfit" (AHEM!) and Tony Bag of Donuts.....I'll take the $450 instead of $500 if 1 is the midle digit....and no taxes, ever!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: June 11, 2010, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

rd..no apology is necessary my friend,  because no offense should be taken. You have just as much right to be passionate about your convictions as four4me is about his! 

I,  like you; am not sure if his convictions are based on the reality of this situation, as much as in his perceived reality...and as you know for most people perception is everything, it's reality!!

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: June 11, 2010, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Great story and tiggs has a few himself..Keep on trucking four4me it get's better..tiggs is a lot older then you and has his share of ups and downs and no doubt will have more..Like tiggs has said if you don't trust the lottery by all means don't play..Lottery is probably watched buy more peole then any other thing in gambling..There are so many people involved in the running of the lottery if one person was caheating and not get caught thay would all have to be cheating and that would be a lot of people..Now tiggs is sounding like pumpi..God Bless pumpi..Always remember ridge runner is a Tn drunk and don't know what side of the bed he get's up in the morning,Sugar Britches has to tell him..We are all praying for Sugar Britches..God Bless her...