Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 12:28 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which states and lottery games will you play once online gambling is legal?

Topic closed. 86 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Tennessee and New Hampshire also have no state income tax except for dividends and interest.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5762 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

No online playing for me. I lose enough money just playing in my own state.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

No online playing for me. I lose enough money just playing in my own state.

You already got it made buckeye, no computers and no state income tax.   Thumbs Up

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2010, 11:49 pm - IP Logged
        Pre tests are a part of the security function of the game to makes sure no tampering of the balls has been done. It's not so much a big deal about the machines malfunctioning. Pre tests are audited for security purposes.

You propose for them to just release sets of balls for a drawing without doing any security measures. I can here the frigging phones now about how come peoples numbers didn't come out and there must be tampering of the balls.

You know full well why they do pre test because of what happened in PA years ago. It's an industry standard.

We've had this debate before, and the same old excuses are getting old, or older I should say.

First, I don't buy the security BS either. But even If that were the case, they could have one person in charge with the machines in a room with the combination to the lock. Period!

And again, if you were correct, and that was their final decision to do it the way they are doing it.....then show us the PRE-TEST RESULTS!!!!!

I can hear the excuse now...c'mon....I can smell them....

There will be nothing you or anyone else can say to convince me as to why they can't publish the pre-test results. And If you or anyone else tries, they will be interrogated to the fullest extent by me...lol.....Give me your best shot. To date, I still haven't heard even a reasonable excuse, much less a valid one.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:04 am - IP Logged
          Pre tests are a part of the security function of the game to makes sure no tampering of the balls has been done. It's not so much a big deal about the machines malfunctioning. Pre tests are audited for security purposes.

You propose for them to just release sets of balls for a drawing without doing any security measures. I can here the frigging phones now about how come peoples numbers didn't come out and there must be tampering of the balls.

You know full well why they do pre test because of what happened in PA years ago. It's an industry standard.

If the pre-tests are a result of the corruption in PA years ago, wouldn't it better to have transparency in the process now?

What harm is there in letting players see the pre-tests and know the numbers? We need to be convinced of legitimacy, not them!

Afterall, if it was the lottery people who corrupted the system last time, why are we allowing them to be the arbitrators of legitimacy now? This is like The Wizard of Oz saying "Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain!"

Screw that, we don't need the fox in the henhouse telling us everything is fine.

--Edmund Burke

New York,
            Panama
            Member #73078
            April 4, 2009
            3490 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:15 am - IP Logged

If the pre-tests are a result of the corruption in PA years ago, wouldn't it better to have transparency in the process now?

What harm is there in letting players see the pre-tests and know the numbers? We need to be convinced of legitimacy, not them!

Afterall, if it was the lottery people who corrupted the system last time, why are we allowing them to be the arbitrators of legitimacy now? This is like The Wizard of Oz saying "Pay No Attention To The Man Behind The Curtain!"

Screw that, we don't need the fox in the henhouse telling us everything is fine.

rd,rd once again I am in Full Agreement with you and Joker17, Those foxes running around and walking in and out the hen house is not cool!!

Show us the reults of the Pre-Test!! Show us what we are working with!!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8394 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Nobody saying that at all Texas puts up the pretest draws for their games but other states don't there is a lot more to a drawing than throwing balls into a machine. About 3 hours of work goes into each drawing midday and evening. 6 hrs total. Lottery's belong to an organization every state is grouped with one or another.... before they merged with power ball. ----They adopted many rules and regulations just like any major business. If people don't like the rules then become a lottery commissioner and go about changing the rules that have been set in stone for how long now.

Ball sets and pre draws are know by a select few players like here on lottery post. The average player on the street has no clue as to what goes on inside the lottery offices. The select few that think for one moment that knowing the pre draw results which take place about 20 minutes before the drawing are going to help them win. Are as delusional as those players that say they know what numbers will be drawn before they come out. In a random event it's all luck and you know that.

By the time they posted the pretest results the drawing would already be set to run and the terminals shut down.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8394 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:32 am - IP Logged

We've had this debate before, and the same old excuses are getting old, or older I should say.

First, I don't buy the security BS either. But even If that were the case, they could have one person in charge with the machines in a room with the combination to the lock. Period!

And again, if you were correct, and that was their final decision to do it the way they are doing it.....then show us the PRE-TEST RESULTS!!!!!

I can hear the excuse now...c'mon....I can smell them....

There will be nothing you or anyone else can say to convince me as to why they can't publish the pre-test results. And If you or anyone else tries, they will be interrogated to the fullest extent by me...lol.....Give me your best shot. To date, I still haven't heard even a reasonable excuse, much less a valid one.

Your entitled to your opinion and I'm going to stick with the facts that i know to be true Texas posts their pre test draws and i don't see anyone here on lottery post using those results to prove your theory that knowing the pre test results can help determine the outcome of any drawing.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Nobody saying that at all Texas puts up the pretest draws for their games but other states don't there is a lot more to a drawing than throwing balls into a machine. About 3 hours of work goes into each drawing midday and evening. 6 hrs total. Lottery's belong to an organization every state is grouped with one or another.... before they merged with power ball. ----They adopted many rules and regulations just like any major business. If people don't like the rules then become a lottery commissioner and go about changing the rules that have been set in stone for how long now.

Ball sets and pre draws are know by a select few players like here on lottery post. The average player on the street has no clue as to what goes on inside the lottery offices. The select few that think for one moment that knowing the pre draw results which take place about 20 minutes before the drawing are going to help them win. Are as delusional as those players that say they know what numbers will be drawn before they come out. In a random event it's all luck and you know that.

By the time they posted the pretest results the drawing would already be set to run and the terminals shut down.

Here we go again.

It's not up to the officials  to decide how or why we use the pre-test results. I don't give a rat's ass what they think. If they have nothing to hide, then show it to us. If the exuse....once again.....is that 20 minutes is too short to post numbers, is just another invalid reason to NOT post the numbers. They run a multi-million dollar industry, but they don't have the capacity to post in less than 20 minutes. I've got a bridge for sale folks....real cheap !!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8394 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Here we go again.

It's not up to the officials  to decide how or why we use the pre-test results. I don't give a rat's ass what they think. If they have nothing to hide, then show it to us. If the exuse....once again.....is that 20 minutes is too short to post numbers, is just another invalid reason to NOT post the numbers. They run a multi-million dollar industry, but they don't have the capacity to post in less than 20 minutes. I've got a bridge for sale folks....real cheap !!!

Those pre test draws take place like this 1-2-3 pre draws then the official draw and then the 1-2-3 after draws. It's all socked together... if in fact they were to post the pre draws the drawing would be done and over with.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2010, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Those pre test draws take place like this 1-2-3 pre draws then the official draw and then the 1-2-3 after draws. It's all socked together... if in fact they were to post the pre draws the drawing would be done and over with.

Then they should change their format to suit the customer's request. Do whatever it takes. More excuses.....it never ends.

Next....

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2010, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Then they should change their format to suit the customer's request. Do whatever it takes. More excuses.....it never ends.

Next....

I forgot to add that the pre-test results can be beneficial despite their freshness. Fine....they don't have the capacity to quickly load the results....that's OK......I don't mind finding out what they were later. To me, each drawing is a seperate drawing, whether it's a pre-test or a live drawing. I compile results in chronological order, to see patterns and trends emerge or recede. It's what I do now without the knowledge of pre-test results or tube rotation. I have a list of mid and eve, back to back, as one continous flow.

For me, that info would show the true nature of the overdue numbers and within a particular postion. Sometimes I can see the overdue number finally show up, but in a different postion, due to pre-tests and tube rotations. That overdue number did finally come out, but in an unpredictable position.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                          Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

what others have said.any state on the lottery post A+ list.i like west virginia a lot.i like north carolina.georgia is a good one.

New York,
                            Panama
                            Member #73078
                            April 4, 2009
                            3490 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2010, 1:30 am - IP Logged

four4me, Are you a State Lottery Official???What?

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: June 10, 2010, 1:40 am - IP Logged

four4me, Are you a State Lottery Official???What?

We're on the same page Rosie.

Some government or law enforcement connection (Not that there's anything wrong with that, lol).

No offense four4me but you always come down on the side of the establishment and status quo on virtually everything.

--Edmund Burke