Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do U Spend More Than $500 A Week On Lottery !!

Topic closed. 182 replies. Last post 7 years ago by sully16.

Page 12 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7611 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I agree. $80,000 a year with the p-3?

I don't buy it for one second. Especially when he only buys QPs....

The game pays only half the odds which is 500 bucks with a 1 in 1,000 odds for a straight hit. It's a losing proposition. Unless you have a system that is so finely tuned to hit, there is no way he's making 80 grand a year. I'm not saying the poster is lying, but something just doesn't add up.

On the other hand, I also wonder why anyone would keep spending that much on p-3 everyday, If they're not making money, especially after 15 years...lol....So I'm really confused now......Crying

Some people believe if they buy three $1 scratch-offs and get a free ticket they "won" and this might be what this guy is doing. So it's possible he could "win" $80,000 a year before subtracting how much he wagered.

As for spending $500 a week, I knew a guy that averaged $200 a day but his yearly profits (if there was one) were closer to $2000.

"The game pays only half the odds which is 500 bucks with a 1 in 1,000 odds for a straight hit. "

That's the real problem because if you played 1 number straight, you'll have to hit it twice every 1000 drawings just to break even.

joplin
    United States
    Member #45299
    August 17, 2006
    153 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2010, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I'm surprised he bought so many tickets daily at your store and never tried to cash even one of his winners there if for no other reason than to cover the cost of the tickets he was buying.

He has cashed tickets in the store, but not on my shift.  He plays only str.  A $300. payout would clean my till out.  The day shift can get into the safe and pay it

out.  Still I think he cashes most of his tickets at grocery stores.

I know its a puzzle, I have many question myself, I would love to ask him.  He's a customer, I can't get too personal and get in his business.  

I only brought this up, because this thread has somewhat dropped to a nasty level of name calling, insults and personal attacks, something I hate to see on LP.

LP is the best site on the web in my opinion.  I love to see issues debated, hard questions asked, in a civil and respectful manner.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5690 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2010, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

He has cashed tickets in the store, but not on my shift.  He plays only str.  A $300. payout would clean my till out.  The day shift can get into the safe and pay it

out.  Still I think he cashes most of his tickets at grocery stores.

I know its a puzzle, I have many question myself, I would love to ask him.  He's a customer, I can't get too personal and get in his business.  

I only brought this up, because this thread has somewhat dropped to a nasty level of name calling, insults and personal attacks, something I hate to see on LP.

LP is the best site on the web in my opinion.  I love to see issues debated, hard questions asked, in a civil and respectful manner.

gsc5 everybody kissed and made up though.  Don't worry it is all ire. 

I have a friend, believe it or not,  and he is intuitive, I would say, more than lucky, but lucky nevertheless from differing perspectives. 

He hits the P3 hard when he plays,  I have seen him hit numerous times for $10K, he will drop $120.00 on one number combo and hit!  There was a period in 08' from June to Sept that he hit 6X for $10K on the number 106 in MD.  I have written this before.  Anyway his wifey cut him off,  no mas apuestos.

joplin
        United States
        Member #45299
        August 17, 2006
        153 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2010, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

I have a friend, believe it or not,  and he is intuitive, I would say, more than lucky, but lucky nevertheless from differing perspectives. 

He hits the P3 hard when he plays,  I have seen him hit numerous times for $10K, he will drop $120.00 on one number combo and hit!  There was a period in 08' from June to Sept that he hit 6X for $10K on the number 106 in MD.  I have written this before.  Anyway his wifey cut him off,  no mas apuestos.

Thanks Jarasan, I hope they don't take it personal.  We had a man in Mo. hit 60K on one number playing p/3.  Another man

that hit over 300K with p/4.  I got to go, thanks again.

Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #82001
          November 3, 2009
          890 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2010, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

That's my strategy as well. It is not easy but very doable with patitence and luck. Just have to get a str8 win to first build up your "warchest" so can go for bigger payout later. Still waiting for a hit though Unhappy

Would think his wife would be cool with it if he wins alot unless he was really out of control or doesn't share the $$$ lol.

Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5690 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2010, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

That's my strategy as well. It is not easy but very doable with patitence and luck. Just have to get a str8 win to first build up your "warchest" so can go for bigger payout later. Still waiting for a hit though Unhappy

Would think his wife would be cool with it if he wins alot unless he was really out of control or doesn't share the $$$ lol.

When you hit for P3 str., you don't have to show id for 1099G you get paid cash $500 per ticket! When he hits,  he randomly drives around to 20 different lottery stores!  Went home with $10K cash each time.

Dance"Tough day at the office honey. BTW I picked up some Kung Pao Chicken"

United States
              Member #75358
              June 1, 2009
              5345 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2010, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Joker writes:"Life just doesn't work that way" "and I mean no one can be that lucky" etc.

These declarative statements are the type that will cause one trouble.   It is very similar to how the current US admin. thinks.  They know how everything is and should be for all of us.  There is bad luck also,  and there are people that are perceived to be lucky,  but the statement that it  is something that happens "rarely" and it "just doesn't work that way" is just Joker's OPINION and belief and should make that clear when he makes this type of statement. ALso at the end of his statement his implies the post is "suspect" in other words lying, being lied to, or fabricating.

From Wiki: 

Luck or fortuity is good or bad fortune in life caused by accident or chance, and attributed by some to reasons of faith or superstition, which happens beyond a person's control.[1][2][3]

The term "luck" is pervasive in common speech.[4] There are at least two senses people usually mean when they use the term, the proscriptive sense and the descriptive sense. In a proscriptive sense, luck is the deterministic concept that there is a force which proscribes that certain events occur very much the way the laws of physics will proscribe that certain events occur. In a descriptive sense, luck is only a descriptive name we give to events after they occur which we find to be fortuitous.

Cultural views of luck vary from perceiving luck as a matter of random chance to attributing to luck explanations of faith or superstition. For example, the Romans believed in the embodiment of luck as the Goddess Fortuna,[5] while the atheist and philosopher Daniel Dennett believes that "luck is mere luck" rather than a property of a person or thing.[6]

Lucky Symbols have widespread global appeal and are represented by human, animal, botanical and inanimate objects.

DEFINITION:

Luck is a way of understanding a personal chance event. Luck has three aspects [7] [8] which make it distinct from chance or probability. [9]

Luck is good or bad.[10] Luck is by accident or chance.[11] Luck applies to a person.

Some examples of Luck:

You win repeatedly at gambling, against significant odds. You correctly guess an answer in a quiz which you didn't know. Your car breaking down could be bad luck, if it was by chance and against the odds.

From the free dictionary:

luck (lk) n. 1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune: They met one day out of pure luck.2. Good fortune or prosperity; success: We wish you luck.3. One's personal fate or lot: It was just my luck to win a trip I couldn't take.intr.v. lucked, luck·ing, lucks Informal To gain success or something desirable by chance: lucked into a good apartment; lucked out in finding that rare book.Idioms: as luck would have it As it turned out; as it happened: As luck would have it, it rained the day of the picnic.in luck Enjoying success; fortunate.out of luck Lacking good fortune.press/push (one's) luck To risk one's good fortune, often by acting overconfidently.try (one's) luck To attempt something without knowing if one will be successful.[Middle English lucke, from Middle Dutch luc, short for gheluc.]

Once again Jarasan, you take my words and confuse the real meaning of what I write. One can be lucky....maybe once, twice, or even three times, in a big way, like a JP or even a tens of thousands, but what I was referring to is to be lucky for 15 years straight.

Life doesn't work that way and you know it. 99.9999% of people aren't lucky in the way described above. So I have no idea what world you live in, but this one is filled with obstacles. If he really did make that kind of money on a regular basis, then he should be the most famous person on Earth.

United States
                Member #75358
                June 1, 2009
                5345 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Joker, you must have read something I didn't write.  I never said he won everyday.  I am not going to get in the gutter with

this thread.  I can't vouch for his winnings, but can vouch that he spends, what I said.  He may buy tickets at other stores

as well.

The following is your quote from earlier.......

" I've heard him say, He makes over $80,000. a yr.

with p/3. "

What did I exactly read into this?

You say you can't vouch for his winnings but can vouch for what he spends...well.....the fact that he may buy tickets at other stores as well doesn't enable him to make 80,000 a year. I don't care If he buys tickets at 47 other stores in one day .

Under the conventional wisdom, simply buying more tickets with the p-3 game, in the long run, will take you to the poor house.

The bottom line is that this guy said to you that he makes t80,000 a year, and my response to that was basically, that there's a good chance he is lying, or has to be the luckiest person alive. That's why I said the " story " is suspect, not because you were lying, but the guy was lying.

Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5690 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2010, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Once again Jarasan, you take my words and confuse the real meaning of what I write. One can be lucky....maybe once, twice, or even three times, in a big way, like a JP or even a tens of thousands, but what I was referring to is to be lucky for 15 years straight.

Life doesn't work that way and you know it. 99.9999% of people aren't lucky in the way described above. So I have no idea what world you live in, but this one is filled with obstacles. If he really did make that kind of money on a regular basis, then he should be the most famous person on Earth.

Joker you speak in absolutes and we still can't read your mind.  Where do you get your numbers.......... 99.9999% aren't lucky? 

The world you live in is the one you've made,  the one you perceive.  If it is full of obstacles and struggles, that is sad,  I hope it gets better for you.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    20147 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2010, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Joker you speak in absolutes and we still can't read your mind.  Where do you get your numbers.......... 99.9999% aren't lucky? 

The world you live in is the one you've made,  the one you perceive.  If it is full of obstacles and struggles, that is sad,  I hope it gets better for you.

Joker has a point.  From stories I've read about unusual number of winners like the 110 players who matched 5+0 in PowerBall using numbers from fortune cookies, I believe lotteries do monitor ticket sales and payouts amounts for all area and investigate when payouts go above the statistical probability.  I would think if one store or area was selling a high number of winners for the amount of ticket sales, someone from the lottery would have noticed.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5690 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2010, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Joker has a point.  From stories I've read about unusual number of winners like the 110 players who matched 5+0 in PowerBall using numbers from fortune cookies, I believe lotteries do monitor ticket sales and payouts amounts for all area and investigate when payouts go above the statistical probability.  I would think if one store or area was selling a high number of winners for the amount of ticket sales, someone from the lottery would have noticed.

So you can read jokers mind?  I don't think so, but I think I can read your mind RJ.  RJ I think you are thinking about  high odds jackpot games like MMillions and Pball. Yes in that case joker would have a point.  But the discussion has gone all over the place from P3 to MM PBall now,  in that,  you are thinking that joker is speaking of the high odds games.   In that case then we are strictly talking of the top tier prizes,  not p3 or p4 the low odds games  or the lower tier jackpot prizes,  because generally speaking a lot of people hit the lower prizes and that: "Would be considered lucky or unlucky because you didn't hit the BIGGIE?"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        20147 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

So you can read jokers mind?  I don't think so, but I think I can read your mind RJ.  RJ I think you are thinking about  high odds jackpot games like MMillions and Pball. Yes in that case joker would have a point.  But the discussion has gone all over the place from P3 to MM PBall now,  in that,  you are thinking that joker is speaking of the high odds games.   In that case then we are strictly talking of the top tier prizes,  not p3 or p4 the low odds games  or the lower tier jackpot prizes,  because generally speaking a lot of people hit the lower prizes and that: "Would be considered lucky or unlucky because you didn't hit the BIGGIE?"

I couldn't read jokers' mind but I did made a general observation about all lotteries.  Lotteries expect their payouts to be a fixed percent of their sales and if they paid out more than that then they probably would want to know why.  But maybe someone spending $700+ a week($36000+ yearly) winning $80000 a year consistently wouldn't effect their overall profits enough to be noticed.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5690 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2010, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't read jokers' mind but I did made a general observation about all lotteries.  Lotteries expect their payouts to be a fixed percent of their sales and if they paid out more than that then they probably would want to know why.  But maybe someone spending $700+ a week($36000+ yearly) winning $80000 a year consistently wouldn't effect their overall profits enough to be noticed.

OK I can't read your mind either! Yes,  I agree they probably don't notice heavy lucky players and they don't have the resources to follow up the 20X $500 winners for eg.,  they (the lotteries) figure it'll go back into the coffers one way or another.

United States
                            Member #54772
                            August 29, 2007
                            113 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2010, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

I once played $50 Straight and $50 Box on 215...

That's $25K potential earnings****

Thinking of...

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: June 30, 2010, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Who's we? It looks like you're the only one who can't understand.

We all know Jarasan has overcome all obstacles and struggles of chaos, not just in numbers, but with life in general. He is impervious to any events that negatively occur in his life. Jarasan must be Superman ......! ! !

He's so super...He can not only jump over leaps and bounds, but can win 37 thousand a week on a regular basis, by only buying QPs....

That's not a bird ! ! ! ! ! 

AMAZING!!!!!

Page 12 of 13