Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do U Spend More Than $500 A Week On Lottery !!

Topic closed. 182 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 3 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: June 23, 2010, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

This was an interesting discussion, I feel like a puppy in this because I thought spending 10.00 in NC was bad, (of course I play .50 numbers). You all make me feel way way way out of my league.  I must up the ante in NC & VA.  I have never played more than 30.00 on a draw.  Now when I visit the local OTB for horse racing I play alot more. The funny thing is the other week I won over 800.00, well it was on a dime bet in which I spent 1.20, I caught myself after the win still making dime bets.  I got to get some nerves up and spend more!

Only spend what you can AFFORD TO LOSE while still leaving yourself more opportunities to play. It's a balancing act between spending enough to get the desired hit, making profit, and losing while still being able to play again and win on the next round.

I like to think of these smaller games as a form of art. Don't over spend yourself, okay.

L.L.

Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2010, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I use to spend about 150.00 a day. I think it take money to make money. I stop telling people what

I spend they think you're crazy. I had to tell some it my money. I don't spend like that since I've being

laid off. this weekend I spend about 200.00 I spend $77.00 midday monday. Since I don't have the money to spend like I use to scare money to me make no money.

I feel you on this, pepper. The only people that truly understand why I play the way I do, and am successful, are my dad and five others which I've taught how to really play the game. All of them understand that it does take money to make it.

Also requires dedication, skill, and being attentive to the draws at all times. In other words, it's another job but, it pays very well in an extremely short period of time.

I love my soon-to-be full-time job...and I mean that!!

L.L.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10347 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2010, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

RL,

My lotto play was about $2.43 a day until Illinois got Powerball with the Powerplay and added the Megaplier to Mega Millions. I usually throw two bucks at the higher jackpot so that took the $2.43 to a screaming $2.57.

I'm a firm believer that lotto is a dollar and a dream, just like one of the member's here says in their signature.

I know the Pick 3 crowd isn't after a jackpot so their play is different, but $500 a week is pretty strong no matter what the game. People who can play like that azre playing more for diversion than hoping for any life changing windfall. They probably don't need a life chaning windfall.

MZDufflekBaglady,

If you won $50 and played $20, win or lose, you were still playing with "house money", no biggie, nothingv to feel bad about.

LL,

Right you are. No matter the game, any form of gambling involves streaks of one way or another and even the gutsiest player will run into a sustained losing streak. Even if they can afford it they will be playing "catch up football" for awhile. And if they can't afford it, that sustained losing streak will ruin them.

Lotto is different, but in table games the house limit was established so someone with a big enough bankroll coiuldn't keep making bets until they won. And even if they did, starting with a $1 bet and let's say 10 straight losses on a double up system, they'd be risking $1024 to show a net win of $1.

Lotto doesn't do that to you, that's part of the draw, the payoffs are so much sweeter.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3047 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2010, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I am happy for the ones who make money at it if you spend $500 a week but I have a monthly budget for lotto.  It is usually between $100 and $200 a month and I only play the big pots like powerball, mega millions and my state lottery megabucks.  Good luck to you guys though.-weshar75

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
          Pittsburg, Ks
          United States
          Member #3382
          January 17, 2004
          80732 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2010, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I'm not in the same boat as some. I'm bailing out water in my boat. I only spend about $28 a month playing Tue X 2 hoping to win either the 22k or if i hit on a Tuesday 44k

God Bless America

US Flag

sweet404peaches's avatar - maren
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #91636
            May 21, 2010
            2449 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2010, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

No jordans121 im not kidding and your right it is way to much unless you making money , i see it like this scared money dont pay enough so when i play i put $10 - $20 on one num thats how u KILL IT HARD !!!! and kenya100 loves to KILL A NUMBER , i want stacks not small change im GREEDY lol......Thumbs Up

Im trying to get on your level girl!

kenya100's avatar - 2cprcc4
              Duluth GA
              United States
              Member #73845
              April 26, 2009
              5276 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2010, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Im trying to get on your level girl!

Hang in there sweet404peaches i'll show u how to slam a # hard u must be patients marge dont always play fair !Jester

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3964 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2010, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

CT, I was raised on the old saying, "A scary man can't gamble and a jealous man can't work". As far as I'm concerned, it holds true. Never had a problem with the jealous part but, when I started to bet bigger I was definitely afraid to lose any of what I had worked so hard for.

Well, I ended up losing some of the profit I made...several times but not consecutively. After this happened, I was no longer afraid to bet bigger. Every new thing requires removing one's self out of their comfort zone in order to move forward and grow into the new zone.

You're right, it's not for everybody and everyone here is on a different level. I don't encourage anyone to drop a chunk of money on numbers they're not pretty sure of because if they don't hit, it's all gone.

L.L.

LL

Try your luck on a game with some odds,  Pick-3 is a 1000 to 1.  Divide your winnings by 575 for my

my pick 5 or divide by 195,349 for power ball.  Then ask who's scared.  I know a guy that will toss 1,500

a day down.  When he retired he had enough to live the rest of his life, I said had.  I know many people

that will spend 10,000 to win 5,000 and you would think they had won powerball.  I can't see any 

logic in that type of play.  I once hit for over $37,000 before taxes with a $16.00 play and none of

it went back in.  I don't think your saying applies to playing lottery.  I have one for you "A Fool and 

his money are soon parted"  You may have a good system that returns a good return and I am

happy for you, but to say something like that is arrogant.       

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19823 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2010, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

On the prediction board, some members post more than $1000 worth of numbers daily.   Their statistics don't show that spending money will make money.

While I usually play $10-$20 on the big jackpot games, I some times generate a $100+ worth of numbers and in most cases had I played them I would have lost $80 more than I actually lost.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1648 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

LL

Try your luck on a game with some odds,  Pick-3 is a 1000 to 1.  Divide your winnings by 575 for my

my pick 5 or divide by 195,349 for power ball.  Then ask who's scared.  I know a guy that will toss 1,500

a day down.  When he retired he had enough to live the rest of his life, I said had.  I know many people

that will spend 10,000 to win 5,000 and you would think they had won powerball.  I can't see any 

logic in that type of play.  I once hit for over $37,000 before taxes with a $16.00 play and none of

it went back in.  I don't think your saying applies to playing lottery.  I have one for you "A Fool and 

his money are soon parted"  You may have a good system that returns a good return and I am

RL

RL, the Pick games are, in fact, games with odds, okay. They are designed to MAKE THE STATES CONSISTENT MONEY which is why they're set up as such in terms of odds. A small wager from the consumer goes a loooooooong way when you multiply it by thousands.

In regards to you not understanding the logic, let me help you. When a person, as you, hits with $16.00 and wins $37,000, that's good but it's also luck my friend. Can you do it AGAIN? Have you done it AGAIN since then?

Yeah, I know, I know. When a person hits like that, they don't have a real need to hit again. Cool, but you CAN'T DO IT AGAIN and I'll guarantee that with every cent I have, buddy. The reason I play so many sets of "quality" numbers and settle for a low consistent profit is because I can do it over and over again regardless of the dollar amount. It's all in my approach which makes it work so well. Therefore, I will continue to spend good money to get my hits because you don't fix something which isn't broken.

You can't duplicate that $37,000 win again, RL, but I can duplicate ANY WIN AGAIN. There's a difference...trust me. I'm not arrogant, okay, I just tell the truth. Congratulations on that big win. I look forward to many of those very soon.

L.L.

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      3964 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

On the prediction board, some members post more than $1000 worth of numbers daily.   Their statistics don't show that spending money will make money.

While I usually play $10-$20 on the big jackpot games, I some times generate a $100+ worth of numbers and in most cases had I played them I would have lost $80 more than I actually lost.

RJOh

You are the most level headed person I think I have ever come into contact with.  I hope someday

to be just lke you.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1648 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what to say about that. I suppose maybe some people understand and play numbers differently than others. Some numbers have more quality than others. Too many possibilities to rule out that more numbers simply don't work. After all, the game is based on a total and fixed number count.

L.L.

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3964 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

RL, the Pick games are, in fact, games with odds, okay. They are designed to MAKE THE STATES CONSISTENT MONEY which is why they're set up as such in terms of odds. A small wager from the consumer goes a loooooooong way when you multiply it by thousands.

In regards to you not understanding the logic, let me help you. When a person, as you, hits with $16.00 and wins $37,000, that's good but it's also luck my friend. Can you do it AGAIN? Have you done it AGAIN since then?

Yeah, I know, I know. When a person hits like that, they don't have a real need to hit again. Cool, but you CAN'T DO IT AGAIN and I'll guarantee that with every cent I have, buddy. The reason I play so many sets of "quality" numbers and settle for a low consistent profit is because I can do it over and over again regardless of the dollar amount. It's all in my approach which makes it work so well. Therefore, I will continue to spend good money to get my hits because you don't fix something which isn't broken.

You can't duplicate that $37,000 win again, RL, but I can duplicate ANY WIN AGAIN. There's a difference...trust me. I'm not arrogant, okay, I just tell the truth. Congratulations on that big win. I look forward to many of those very soon.

L.L.

LL

I have way over 100 4 of 5's. Hang around around time will tell.  I know the odds and I know your mindset

I have met many who have the same. My only complaint was your comment that puts everyone in the scared

nutshell who plays dirrerently then you.  The guy I mentioned above had many winning streaks of 10.000

or more but in the end, time will tell.  I have hit many 5 of 5 on paper and I think it will be only a matter or

time, and time will tell with this also.

RL

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what to say about that. I suppose maybe some people understand and play numbers differently than others. Some numbers have more quality than others. Too many possibilities to rule out that more numbers simply don't work. After all, the game is based on a total and fixed number count.

L.L.

I'm surprised you're not on the "Prayer" thread. You've never shown proof of your success either. All talk and no show.....lol

What's this world coming too?....

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1648 Posts
                              Posted: June 23, 2010, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

LL

RL

One more thing, RL. You, nor anyone else here has even remotely been exposed to my approach to understand how and why it works. I'm nothing like 90% of players which like to chase every draw every day. I play when the time is right, according to my game, and I'm successful with it...very successful.

I play the Pick because they're much easier to manage and win on, okay. You can have the Cash/Fantasy 5 and all those others. I know better. I like being able to duplicate wins because I can depend on that money.

You know, it's funny how you decided to target me regarding that old saying I mentioned and two other people said the exact same thing. CoinToss and Pepper1 said it, too. But, you picked ME as the arrogant one. Hmmmm.

It's all good, though. I ain't mad at nobody...just take it with a grain of salt.

L.L.

Page 3 of 13