Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do U Spend More Than $500 A Week On Lottery !!

Topic closed. 182 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 2 of 13
PrintE-mailLink
mybelle's avatar - chick
Palm Harbor, Florida
United States
Member #51115
March 28, 2007
1391 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2010, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

At this moment, I've got $20 on 444 in Florida (of course, straight), and playing heavy on 286.  If either of these comes in, I'm set for the rest of the year.

Somebody's gonna win tonight  I Agree!

MYBELLE

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1649 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

I am with you. Only way to make real money to go heavy on a # and combo it straight. You can turn $20 into $10,000 tax free if you hit. Just have to be patient and scale back your list of #s so that mean I only take a big chance about once a week and I perfer comboing double and triples. I see that there been alot of triple in Georgia this year so throwing out a few bucks can win big.

With pick 3, it quality of # not quantity

QUALITY OF THE NUMBERS...and I agree 200%!!!! I simply combine this with more numbers for better efficiency and a lower, yet, consistent profit.

Very nice Rowen.

L.L.

kenya100's avatar - 2cprcc4
      Duluth GA
      United States
      Member #73845
      April 26, 2009
      5276 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2010, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

At this moment, I've got $20 on 444 in Florida (of course, straight), and playing heavy on 286.  If either of these comes in, I'm set for the rest of the year.

I feel u mybelle i had $20 on 229 today and it was a no show i think its coming im going to hang in there and see what happen..Jester

Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2010, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

NO edge we not kidding we are crazy lotto players and we aim to hit big ,once u hit $500 u want $1000 and then $1500 and then $2000 after that hit you all in then you go for $5000-$10,000 ..

It is, indeed, very addicting and requires constant maintenance on one's discipline to resist acting on urges outside of what works best. You have my goal covered in your post here...and I'm on my way. Can't stop...

L.L.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2010, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

Dang !

I just threw $75.00 on 329 straight for Florida. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
            hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2010, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

I feel u mybelle i had $20 on 229 today and it was a no show i think its coming im going to hang in there and see what happen..Jester

I use to spend about 150.00 a day. I think it take money to make money. I stop telling people what

I spend they think you're crazy. I had to tell some it my money. I don't spend like that since I've being

laid off. this weekend I spend about 200.00 I spend $77.00 midday monday. Since I don't have the money to spend like I use to scare money to me make no money.

north carolina/virginia
              United States
              Member #2097
              August 17, 2003
              126 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2010, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

This was an interesting discussion, I feel like a puppy in this because I thought spending 10.00 in NC was bad, (of course I play .50 numbers). You all make me feel way way way out of my league.  I must up the ante in NC & VA.  I have never played more than 30.00 on a draw.  Now when I visit the local OTB for horse racing I play alot more. The funny thing is the other week I won over 800.00, well it was on a dime bet in which I spent 1.20, I caught myself after the win still making dime bets.  I got to get some nerves up and spend more!

Duluth GA
                United States
                Member #73845
                April 26, 2009
                5276 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2010, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

This was an interesting discussion, I feel like a puppy in this because I thought spending 10.00 in NC was bad, (of course I play .50 numbers). You all make me feel way way way out of my league.  I must up the ante in NC & VA.  I have never played more than 30.00 on a draw.  Now when I visit the local OTB for horse racing I play alot more. The funny thing is the other week I won over 800.00, well it was on a dime bet in which I spent 1.20, I caught myself after the win still making dime bets.  I got to get some nerves up and spend more!

Only if i feel strong about a # or when im sure about a triple i play heavy heavy!!!

Duluth GA
                  United States
                  Member #73845
                  April 26, 2009
                  5276 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2010, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

I wish i can play cash 3 mid tomorr in CT they are getting a triple tomorr mid and if i was there i would put $40 on 444****  and $40 on 666***  they will get a triple in mid i see it ( TRIPLE ALERT) CT HITTEM HARD !!!!!!!!! Smash

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                    Member #59354
                    March 13, 2008
                    3985 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2010, 12:45 am - IP Logged

$500.00 WOW!

Thats My yearly Budget for lottery.  I play 10 to 15 maybe 2 times a week and put the winnings back

in the pot.  Sometimes I go for a month or more without playing or I should say buying. I am always

looking for another way to increase my winnings.  I play on paper most of the time. If I can't win on

paper I can't win with buying.  Most years I can pay for a little vacation out if the pot at the end of a

year.  If I played like some of you I would either be very rich or very poor.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10354 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2010, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I'm with RL on this. I go more than $500 a year but I'm certainly closer to that than $500 a week.

One of the guidelines to gambling is scared money never wins. For most people, $500 a week on lotto would be scared money.

For those who can truly affore to do that, good for you, but most people can't. That's why they're playing the lotto, trying to pick up something extra. They're not going to throw that kind of money at a maybe, or more accurately worse than a maybe.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40572 Posts
                        Posted: June 23, 2010, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

nope, win or lose 20 is my limit. good luck to ya though.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3985 Posts
                          Posted: June 23, 2010, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm with RL on this. I go more than $500 a year but I'm certainly closer to that than $500 a week.

One of the guidelines to gambling is scared money never wins. For most people, $500 a week on lotto would be scared money.

For those who can truly affore to do that, good for you, but most people can't. That's why they're playing the lotto, trying to pick up something extra. They're not going to throw that kind of money at a maybe, or more accurately worse than a maybe.

Coin Toss

I was beginning to think I was a tight-wad or something.  I track ticket cost and like to keep it under 10 cents

per ticket.  I average it every $100.00 played.  04 to 07 is my target range.  If I go over .25 then I stop

playing and rethink what I am doing wrong.   I play for the "Big One"  and  really like it when I can play for

free.  A 4 of 5 pays $250.00 and can fill the pot back up in a hurry.   I like to think I am playing for free just

waiting for the "Whos your Daddy Now"  win.

Rl

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
                            Member #81314
                            October 16, 2009
                            19000 Posts
                            Posted: June 23, 2010, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

OMGoodness

I lost $20.00 on one draw today,  $20 of the $50 I won last night.

The number last night was, 305,  I Played, 035.

So, I played, 416, 513, 314, 423, etc.

Evening, 305

Midday, 403

I told someone, two numbers might come back, only one number may change.  That's exactly what happened.

But, I played, the other way, 314,

OMG,

I'm unemployed, I really can't afford to not hit, when I spend at least $20.00.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86154
                              January 30, 2010
                              1649 Posts
                              Posted: June 23, 2010, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

CT, I was raised on the old saying, "A scary man can't gamble and a jealous man can't work". As far as I'm concerned, it holds true. Never had a problem with the jealous part but, when I started to bet bigger I was definitely afraid to lose any of what I had worked so hard for.

Well, I ended up losing some of the profit I made...several times but not consecutively. After this happened, I was no longer afraid to bet bigger. Every new thing requires removing one's self out of their comfort zone in order to move forward and grow into the new zone.

You're right, it's not for everybody and everyone here is on a different level. I don't encourage anyone to drop a chunk of money on numbers they're not pretty sure of because if they don't hit, it's all gone.

L.L.

Page 2 of 13