Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Has a Lottery Clerk Ever Attempted to Rip You Off?

Topic closed. 98 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40497 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2010, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Holy Moly, an honest clerk! (just kiddin)

I'm wondering though if you're a regular there and the clerk knows you.

YES, He's also a wonderful customer at my place of business.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2010, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Holy Moly, an honest clerk! (just kiddin)

I'm wondering though if you're a regular there and the clerk knows you.

There are nothing but honest clerks here in Ky...Not like the crooks in Tn..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2010, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

There are nothing but honest clerks here in Ky...Not like the crooks in Tn..

I hope my local clerk (Maharajahtalalabadpunji) doesn't read that.

His feelings would be hurt.

Maha is very sensitive.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

cheryl59's avatar - center
        Va Beach
        United States
        Member #46651
        September 20, 2006
        1857 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2010, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I hope my local clerk (Maharajahtalalabadpunji) doesn't read that.

His feelings would be hurt.

Maha is very sensitive.

he he he ,  LMAO

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

Va Beach
          United States
          Member #46651
          September 20, 2006
          1857 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2010, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for telling your story Chella36.

I think we're starting to see a pattern developing here. It looks like their favorite time to pull their crap is when they see you're distracted or talking to someone.

Maybe if we get enough people recounting their stories here, the authorities might start doing something about it.

I would love to see them run sting operations on an ongoing basis and start locking people up.

I don't know what it is about VA but I too have been in several circumstances where the clerk has tried to rip me off...best advise is what several have stated,  know how much money you will spend before you play,   and know how much you are to win, when you collect   and call them out when they try to cheat you out of your money it is very embarassing to them  when they are caught

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2010, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what it is about VA but I too have been in several circumstances where the clerk has tried to rip me off...best advise is what several have stated,  know how much money you will spend before you play,   and know how much you are to win, when you collect   and call them out when they try to cheat you out of your money it is very embarassing to them  when they are caught

Yeah, it's probably people moving there from Kentucky, Cheryl. You gotta watch out for them. They usually have greasy mullets with a ball cap pulled down real tight that makes their ears stick way out. They all the time be scratchin theyseffs too. They get away with a lot cuz nobody can understand what they're sayin.

--Edmund Burke

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: November 21, 2010, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, it's probably people moving there from Kentucky, Cheryl. You gotta watch out for them. They usually have greasy mullets with a ball cap pulled down real tight that makes their ears stick way out. They all the time be scratchin theyseffs too. They get away with a lot cuz nobody can understand what they're sayin.

Name names..................................

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: November 21, 2010, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Name names..................................

Most of em go by names like Buford or Rufus or Slim or Lee Roy or Junior.

It's not like I'm on a first name basis with all of em.

That's why you gotta watch fer that mullet hairdo.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2010, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Most of em go by names like Buford or Rufus or Slim or Lee Roy or Junior.

It's not like I'm on a first name basis with all of em.

That's why you gotta watch fer that mullet hairdo.

Oh yeah!!..Youns best be careful we be good shots..yah'know..

Pure luck

danyo1332's avatar - 198208 10150427293015037_578305036_17777547_4875050_n
                    clinton, ohio
                    United States
                    Member #94566
                    July 22, 2010
                    1920 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2010, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Wtg danyo, I like honest people. Maybe it's in our blood, maybe it's in our upbringing, maybe it becomes our nature in some other way.

Who knows, but it's always nice to know there's more of us out there cuz it sure seems easier to find crooks these days than good, honest people.

I give all credit to my parents! They raised me well and raised me to be honest! I also seen an older guy drop a $20 bill walking out of my gas station, and I told him and gave it to him..guess what? Around 2 months later I won $5,000 on a scratch off! What goes around comes around, and I believe if you are honest and help people out, you will be awarded in SOME way (doesn't ahve to be money)

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231108 My Definite Double System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/231369 My P4 to P3 Pair System

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233360 My Digit 9 Significance System

United States
                      Member #67052
                      November 15, 2008
                      80 Posts
                      Posted: November 22, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I mentioned this before in a similiar forum last year. I'm embarrasd to say I purchased a GA ticket, Holdem or Foldem Poker. (not exact name from memory but Poker).  I'm not a card player and wasn't sure about the card. I believed it may have won $ 10.00.  The guy at the register stated it was a loser and he just threw it in the garbage can behind counter.   Iid ok and left.  At that time i didn't know they have a ticket that prints which you can request to v haterify ticket was a nonwinner.n  I often thought about that and some time after that even if my scratch off is nonwinning I get it back from the clerk.  I'd rather throw it away than them supposedly trashing it.

I belifieve as a whole the clerks are more honest than in that experience but you have to prepare yourself for those who are not trustworthy.

this does not

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 22, 2010, 4:49 am - IP Logged

I give all credit to my parents! They raised me well and raised me to be honest! I also seen an older guy drop a $20 bill walking out of my gas station, and I told him and gave it to him..guess what? Around 2 months later I won $5,000 on a scratch off! What goes around comes around, and I believe if you are honest and help people out, you will be awarded in SOME way (doesn't ahve to be money)

I agree 100% danyo.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: November 22, 2010, 4:55 am - IP Logged

I mentioned this before in a similiar forum last year. I'm embarrasd to say I purchased a GA ticket, Holdem or Foldem Poker. (not exact name from memory but Poker).  I'm not a card player and wasn't sure about the card. I believed it may have won $ 10.00.  The guy at the register stated it was a loser and he just threw it in the garbage can behind counter.   Iid ok and left.  At that time i didn't know they have a ticket that prints which you can request to v haterify ticket was a nonwinner.n  I often thought about that and some time after that even if my scratch off is nonwinning I get it back from the clerk.  I'd rather throw it away than them supposedly trashing it.

I belifieve as a whole the clerks are more honest than in that experience but you have to prepare yourself for those who are not trustworthy.

this does not

No need to be embarrassed about it corius. Sometimes honest people find out about the crooks the hard way.

You're lucky it only cost you $10 to learn that lesson. And you may be helping others to avoid that same thing by telling us about it.

I want to believe you're right about most clerks being honest too.

--Edmund Burke

Va Beach
                            United States
                            Member #46651
                            September 20, 2006
                            1857 Posts
                            Posted: November 22, 2010, 6:17 am - IP Logged

I've seen um! yep!  rdgrnr you sure you are not some sort of FBI agent or something?  your attention to detail is amazing (LOL)

anybody got a number for mullet?

come on 4444!

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: November 22, 2010, 9:48 am - IP Logged

I've seen um! yep!  rdgrnr you sure you are not some sort of FBI agent or something?  your attention to detail is amazing (LOL)

anybody got a number for mullet?

come on 4444!

I hope tiggs don't commence to cuttin off his mullet just cuzza this now.

--Edmund Burke