Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Almost Won 30 Million Ten or So Years Ago

Topic closed. 137 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
Iwannawinbig's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
Commack, NY
United States
Member #118773
November 7, 2011
74 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2011, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

It's  true! I played the Lotto on Mon for the next Wed drawing. I had chosen my own numbers. I got back my ticket, looked at the lines of numbers and one row caught my eye, my heart started pounding and I just knew that line was the winning numbers. I had never prior, nor since for that matter, had such an intense feeling I was going to win. I was very giddy, and yes, I prayed non-stop as well. But ahhh as is often what happens in my life a wrench was tossed into my hopes; a guy I knew, a married one, called me and asked me to go meet him at a beach, I said no, that I knew I was going to win Lotto and wanted nothing to ruin my chances. Well this guy, a very smooth talking, very good looking and very charming man, he concinced me to meet him, he even said he knew I was praying non-stop, heyyy how did he know that? And he told me if I met him I would definitely win. Now he's Irish and you know what they say about the luck of the Irish,  so I went to meet him, we kissed and YES I know that is wrong, but this guy could get a nun to give up her habit, I kid you not!

We kissed some and talked too sitting very cozy and as close as we could with the hard plastic compartment thing that was between my front seats ( ouch).  Weird things happened, he thought he saw his father-in-law drive into the parking lot, so he slouched down in the seat, I talked to him and if asnyone drove by they might had thought i was talking to an imaginary friend, after the father in law left, I saw my neighbor drive slowly by and look in my car as he and I were hugging, uh oh! So we decided to part company, before more people we knew drove by.

That night I stayed up to watch the drawing. I sat there very excited, for my win, not from the married guy, haha. I watched intently and with glee as the first number that showed up was one of my numbers, yes! Then another, oh yes! Then another ohhhh yesss ohhh yess! Then a fourth, YES YES YES! Oh my gosh I am going to be a multi millionaire, shopping malls and Mercedes Benz dealerships get ready! And then the next number was not mine, nor the last !!! I sat there stunned, cursing in my mind at my bad luck and cursing that I went to meet that married guy.  The married guy called me the next day asking if I won, oh I told him I won alright, I won a lousy fifty nine dollars instead of thirty million dollars and yep, I blamed him! And I never got together with him again, okay maybe just a couple more times, but I haven't seen him in years. So don't you think I should be forgiven by now and be able to win????? I mean how long does God punish people? And that guy always persued me, I never called him, he only got my number because I said my last name one time and he looked through the phone book finding it. And we never did anything beyone kissing and hugging ( and yessss I know that is still bad). But wow I think I should be forgiven already, it's been well over a freaking decade since I was with him, I believe by the statutes of limitations and Code #345 line 13 in the handbook of sinning, I think my punishment has been fulfilled, time for me to win big!

So has anyone come that close to winning and didn't? If so, do they think it was because they did something bad or sinful that messed up their luck? No Pity!Banana< this dancing banana smiley has nothing to do with this post, I just like dancing banana smilies!!!

Set4life's avatar - 2554
    East Hampton, NY
    United States
    Member #41995
    June 25, 2006
    1137 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2011, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

<snip> whatever your smoking i want some!  Your hormones won that nite lmao

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

Commack, NY
      United States
      Member #118773
      November 7, 2011
      74 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2011, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Hehe welll I am not smoking anything, though I did in my teens a lot, so I guess I have residual pot induced brain issues!!! And haha yes my hormones won out, but it was daytime we met at the beach. And I like to think I let my lust win out over my greed that fateful day.

But seriously it is an awful feeling to think you are going to win and see your numbers come up, but the last two don't match, arggggg! It's like those scratch offs where you can win $3000 and you see for a mere second what you think are three $3000 ones and nope it is  merely two $3000 ones and one $30.00 one. Now do you suspect the people who print the scratch offs roar with laughter when they print ones like that, knowing full well for an instant people are going to think they hit the big prize? I bet they chuckle away at the poor schlub that  is going to be ecstatic thinking they won then be totally disgusted when they realize they didn't.

And I think getting 4 out of 6 numbers should be worth more than $59.00 that seems kind of cheap.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I doubt your karma would come back to hurt your chances in the lottery.

It would be more likely to come in the form of some floozy having a fling with your husband behind your back.

It always comes back - never fails.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

VAHopeful's avatar - winifrid
          Virginia
          United States
          Member #116536
          September 13, 2011
          51 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

It would be more likely to come in the form of some floozy having a fling with your husband behind your back.

Comes back in spades too - so the floozy will most likely have some nasty communical.

cheryl59's avatar - center
            Va Beach
            United States
            Member #46651
            September 20, 2006
            1865 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! that was soooooo funny rdgrnr  (LOL!)

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              23238 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

It's  true! I played the Lotto on Mon for the next Wed drawing. I had chosen my own numbers. I got back my ticket, looked at the lines of numbers and one row caught my eye, my heart started pounding and I just knew that line was the winning numbers. I had never prior, nor since for that matter, had such an intense feeling I was going to win. I was very giddy, and yes, I prayed non-stop as well. But ahhh as is often what happens in my life a wrench was tossed into my hopes; a guy I knew, a married one, called me and asked me to go meet him at a beach, I said no, that I knew I was going to win Lotto and wanted nothing to ruin my chances. Well this guy, a very smooth talking, very good looking and very charming man, he concinced me to meet him, he even said he knew I was praying non-stop, heyyy how did he know that? And he told me if I met him I would definitely win. Now he's Irish and you know what they say about the luck of the Irish,  so I went to meet him, we kissed and YES I know that is wrong, but this guy could get a nun to give up her habit, I kid you not!

We kissed some and talked too sitting very cozy and as close as we could with the hard plastic compartment thing that was between my front seats ( ouch).  Weird things happened, he thought he saw his father-in-law drive into the parking lot, so he slouched down in the seat, I talked to him and if asnyone drove by they might had thought i was talking to an imaginary friend, after the father in law left, I saw my neighbor drive slowly by and look in my car as he and I were hugging, uh oh! So we decided to part company, before more people we knew drove by.

That night I stayed up to watch the drawing. I sat there very excited, for my win, not from the married guy, haha. I watched intently and with glee as the first number that showed up was one of my numbers, yes! Then another, oh yes! Then another ohhhh yesss ohhh yess! Then a fourth, YES YES YES! Oh my gosh I am going to be a multi millionaire, shopping malls and Mercedes Benz dealerships get ready! And then the next number was not mine, nor the last !!! I sat there stunned, cursing in my mind at my bad luck and cursing that I went to meet that married guy.  The married guy called me the next day asking if I won, oh I told him I won alright, I won a lousy fifty nine dollars instead of thirty million dollars and yep, I blamed him! And I never got together with him again, okay maybe just a couple more times, but I haven't seen him in years. So don't you think I should be forgiven by now and be able to win????? I mean how long does God punish people? And that guy always persued me, I never called him, he only got my number because I said my last name one time and he looked through the phone book finding it. And we never did anything beyone kissing and hugging ( and yessss I know that is still bad). But wow I think I should be forgiven already, it's been well over a freaking decade since I was with him, I believe by the statutes of limitations and Code #345 line 13 in the handbook of sinning, I think my punishment has been fulfilled, time for me to win big!

So has anyone come that close to winning and didn't? If so, do they think it was because they did something bad or sinful that messed up their luck? No Pity!Banana< this dancing banana smiley has nothing to do with this post, I just like dancing banana smilies!!!

Well, what do you think? Is this some kind of get your jollies post or what? You won someone's sloppy seconds

and got 4 numbers on the jackpot game. Good for you. 10 years have passed now and if this is the only

story you have, then I think it's the only one you'll ever have. The 'one' that got away...and I don't mean the

'married guy' either.

Really if you think about it, you didn't come close at all....4 numbers that paid $59.00?.....was it because of

what you did? Maybe...if you didn't do it would you have gotten all 6? Maybe. You suffer with what could

have been..frankly, I don't think anyone really cares whether or not you're being punished. That's on you.

Bad and sinful things always mess up things...not just luck. Do good things, get good things. Thumbs Up

Commack, NY
                United States
                Member #118773
                November 7, 2011
                74 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2011, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

My, my rdgrnr  now I doubt that will ever happen  to me as that every guy I have ever dated has been very devoted to me and well exes they still come back years later, many years after we broke up hoping to date again. I think I may have the magic touch when it comes to men.

And I was not the one commiting adultery, I feel bad for the kissing and hugging we did, though to reiterate that guy was so hot I doubt many women can resist him. But I was not the married one, I took no vows before God and man to stay devoted to my betrothed, but I do know in God's eyes that was wrong, but hey in my life I have been asked out by many, many married men ( I feel sorry for their unknowing wives) and I resisted all of their attempts to go out with me, but he was the only one I could not resist and it is strange IO lost that lottery the night of the day we hung out..

Commack, NY
                  United States
                  Member #118773
                  November 7, 2011
                  74 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2011, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Comes back in spades too - so the floozy will most likely have some nasty communical.

And you know this how? Hmmmmmmm.

Commack, NY
                    United States
                    Member #118773
                    November 7, 2011
                    74 Posts
                    Posted: November 7, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Well, what do you think? Is this some kind of get your jollies post or what? You won someone's sloppy seconds

and got 4 numbers on the jackpot game. Good for you. 10 years have passed now and if this is the only

story you have, then I think it's the only one you'll ever have. The 'one' that got away...and I don't mean the

'married guy' either.

Really if you think about it, you didn't come close at all....4 numbers that paid $59.00?.....was it because of

what you did? Maybe...if you didn't do it would you have gotten all 6? Maybe. You suffer with what could

have been..frankly, I don't think anyone really cares whether or not you're being punished. That's on you.

Bad and sinful things always mess up things...not just luck. Do good things, get good things. Thumbs Up

Yikes!!! Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed, orrrrrr when God was handing out sweetness and charm did you sleep in?

And ohh I did not get  "someone's sloppy seconds" as you so crudely put it, there was nothing sloppy about that guy!!! Meeeeeeeoooow, the guy could kiss!!!!!

But wow dear I take it you don't get out  much socially do you, if you do and you have the attitude you took with me on here I would surmise that when people see you they run in the opposite direction, talk about a grouch with a chip on your shoulder, WOW!!! But I am sooo glad I am nothing like you, I sure don't go pooping on other people's posts like you do. Do you feel better that you are rude to a stranger online? Did my post incense you so much you felt the need to be so rude???? I would hate to behave online like you do and I seriously doubt you act like this in person;  if you do, you have socialization issues, and if you don't...... wellll  then you are completely fake online , either way it's not good, not good at all.Thud

Republic of Texas
                      United States
                      Member #57557
                      January 9, 2008
                      1095 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Hippy

Why are y'all feeding the troll?

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Commack, NY
                        United States
                        Member #118773
                        November 7, 2011
                        74 Posts
                        Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Hippy

Why are y'all feeding the troll?

You are so right Piaceri I should not feed the trolls, thank you for the heads up<< sarcasm in case you are unaware.  And if it makes you feel good, why you go right ahead and call me a troll...wow why are there so many people uptight and nasty people lonline? And how come I never meet rude people except online? Hmmm I wonder why people I know as well as strangers are so nice to me, yet when I come online I meet so many poot heads.  I feel bad  for all  who have such lousy lives that they feel such an overwhelming need to be rude to and bully up on strangers. Ohh and remember how you behave, be it online ( anonymously) or in person it all impacts your soul. And my oh my what anger on here!! Maybe if these oafs and oafettes would be nicer, maybe they would win big bucks in the lottery or the very leasat always encounter sweet, kind, generous loving people in their offline lives.

If you're mean and angry go away, I am here just to play.Banana

Member #0
                          January 1, 2000
                          0 Posts
                          Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I almost won a $6.50 fifteen years ago.

Commack, NY
                            United States
                            Member #118773
                            November 7, 2011
                            74 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I almost won a $6.50 fifteen years ago.

Hehehe cuuuute, very funny!!

I actually won $160.00 back in March on Powerball, it was odd because I won on two different rows of numbers on a $5.00 ticket, I did not realize you could win like that. And the sweet store owners acted so happy for me, awwwww. They are very kind, they are always giving me discounts on items I buy there and even free items. I told them when I win the huge jackpot I am coming back to give them big bucks and I really will since I only play Quick Picks, but I would even if I chose my own numbers and won since I really like that couple!!!

My sister in law's brother gave a bunch of money to the store owner when he won his 7 million, I thought that was super nice of him, but I have always said I will do that too. I also would love to have envelopes with $1,000.00 in cash in them, drive up to bus stops and either I, in disguise, or someone I know, go and hand them to the people waiting for the bus, how cool would that be?? And what a story those people would have to tell, right? That surely does not happen everyday that a stranger hands you cash like that.

If you're mean and angry go away, I am here just to play.Banana

Republic of Texas
                              United States
                              Member #57557
                              January 9, 2008
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

You are so right Piaceri I should not feed the trolls, thank you for the heads up<< sarcasm in case you are unaware.  And if it makes you feel good, why you go right ahead and call me a troll...wow why are there so many people uptight and nasty people lonline? And how come I never meet rude people except online? Hmmm I wonder why people I know as well as strangers are so nice to me, yet when I come online I meet so many poot heads.  I feel bad  for all  who have such lousy lives that they feel such an overwhelming need to be rude to and bully up on strangers. Ohh and remember how you behave, be it online ( anonymously) or in person it all impacts your soul. And my oh my what anger on here!! Maybe if these oafs and oafettes would be nicer, maybe they would win big bucks in the lottery or the very leasat always encounter sweet, kind, generous loving people in their offline lives.

ROFL

No anger here.  You come online and post some lame story about 'almost' winning the lottery, then go on and on about how married men call you all the time, you just can't resist going out with them after they pursue you so hard, and you feel sorry for their 'unknowing' wives.  Well, honey, they have names for girls like that. They aren't nice. Don't fool yourself into thinking you are innocent because YOU didn't take any vows.

Thanks for the laughs, Troll.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Page 1 of 10