Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weak Powerball Sales?

Topic closed. 147 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 10 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3300 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2012, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

ohhh  i see what you mean by people who dont play telling us how the lotto should be ran.

sorry rjoh thought that was directed at me.

personally id prefer an equitable prize structure, ie the same % if  takings paid to ea prize catagory.

or for the technically minded, a table for ea ticket, where the gambler can assign waht % he wants to go to ea catagory. and that portion of the gambling dollar goes to that level, they could then quote payouts as %1 of pool values, so if i said 90% to 1+B and 10% to jackpot.

90% of my $1 bets prize money, ie 90% of 50c, or 45c would go to the pool for `1+B the payout toble would have the total, cash pool for that prize number of winners, and the payout for %1 then player just has to multiply the %1 amount by the number of % he assigned to the prize level.

man you think they'll go for this? i should email it in as a suggestion ;)

had a think,

and really , i aint figured out how you asign the jackpot, someone ticked %10, and then gets %10 of the cash in the pot, i think made an error some where. the penalty for assigning low amounts to a pool sis that when you win there's stuff all cash in that pool.

ehh i should think more before i type.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2012, 12:38 am - IP Logged

You're probably way closer to Memphis than me. We don't hear anything about Memphis here.

I see it's a tax outfit though, maybe I should have copyrighted my Mo Money Method to Mountains of Marvelous Money, lol.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm closer to Memphis than you are....I'm about 100 miles slightly southeast of St. Louis......closer to Nashville than Chicago, too. (I'll never understand any fascination with Memphis- just another mecca for 'music to slash your wrists by' on the Misisisippi river.)

Anyway, MO' MONEY is a company in Memphis that does tax returns and got into quite a bind. Issued a bunch of people refubnd checks that were no good, got caught dumping paperwork into the trash with people's ID information on it, etc......

When I did a search here on the board for MO' MONEY it turned up hits in Systems.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7310 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2012, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Again my friend, You always FORGET to specify which "older" version you have been referring to. There were several....remember now!   Roll Eyes

The devil is "in the details" my friend.........always in the details. One day you might appreciate this concept.    Type

You finally got something right; the PB matrix changed a few times, but everybody knows I was talking about the "old game" when Power Play guaranteeing $1 for matching 5+0 that ran from January, 2009 to January 2012. It's all moot now because we can't play "old games".

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2012, 10:06 am - IP Logged

You finally got something right; the PB matrix changed a few times, but everybody knows I was talking about the "old game" when Power Play guaranteeing $1 for matching 5+0 that ran from January, 2009 to January 2012. It's all moot now because we can't play "old games".

Ahhhhh.......Stack....still at it I see.  Coffee  From your persistent reappearance, I can only surmise your begging for some type of approval

or compliment for being "On Top Of Your Game" about "old games".   Lurking    Crying

Apparently it's not moot Stack, because your still playing your same (excuse me while I'm yawning) , predictable "old games" Rant

I guess after 6 years, you haven't learned any "new tricks", just continue re-hashing the old ones.

Goodbye "Old Dog".  See Ya!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19826 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2012, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I fully agree with you on this and tend to believe that it benefits the people who actually run the organization more than others. If we consider all the money a state's lottery takes in versus the payouts, it's kind of a bad deal for players in the long run. I have said since day one that the lotteries can definitely afford to pay out lots more than they do...all while still generating very, very good profit. That's the reason I don't mess with 'em any more. The odds are no good in any way, shape, or form. With a better payout structure, which will allow a player to run more numbers for better coverage, more money will be won by more players.

LL

One has to remember state lotteries aren't regular businesses but voluntary taxes systems because states take 50% off the top for their coffers by law, the game and prizes attract participants.   Without enough participants the games will cease to exist.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #123427
            February 20, 2012
            89 Posts
            Posted: February 28, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

@Rjoh

if that is so...and i am payinga voluntary tax  to the state each year...then if i dont win the jackpot that year shouldn't i get a credit from the state or something like that?

or maybe more succinctly...if i am paying a voluntary tax...shouldn't i be exempt from mandatory taxes?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: February 28, 2012, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

@Rjoh

if that is so...and i am payinga voluntary tax  to the state each year...then if i dont win the jackpot that year shouldn't i get a credit from the state or something like that?

or maybe more succinctly...if i am paying a voluntary tax...shouldn't i be exempt from mandatory taxes?

Depends on your tax laws.  Some countries like Canada, don't charge any additional taxes on lottery winnings because they consider the taxes paid when you play.  Here in the US, some policticans think you should pay a tax everytime money change hands even if it's to pay taxes.

Although it has never passed, some states have considered charging a sale tax on lottery tickets purchases.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7310 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2012, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Ahhhhh.......Stack....still at it I see.  Coffee  From your persistent reappearance, I can only surmise your begging for some type of approval

or compliment for being "On Top Of Your Game" about "old games".   Lurking    Crying

Apparently it's not moot Stack, because your still playing your same (excuse me while I'm yawning) , predictable "old games" Rant

I guess after 6 years, you haven't learned any "new tricks", just continue re-hashing the old ones.

Goodbye "Old Dog".  See Ya!

You just can't let it go.

Instead of just pretending you're clever, why not do something productive like telling the LP members the method you used to win $200,000 "back in 07".

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2012, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

You just can't let it go.

Instead of just pretending you're clever, why not do something productive like telling the LP members the method you used to win $200,000 "back in 07".

Well Stack, like a good venereal disease, you just keep coming back again and........again........ and again.    Rant

Seriously dude, if after 6 long years of posting here....is that the very best you can come up with?

I'm sure others have thought it, but I will state my sincere concern for you now. Strictly as a professional courtesy Mr. Stack,

you are in need of some immediate professional counseling.  I'd be willing to kick in for your first consultation, its the least I

could do for another LP member in dire need.

Let me know how the sessions go.........I will be praying for you Stack. I'm sure you'll be in touch soon.......I just know it.    Type

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2012, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Well Stack, like a good venereal disease, you just keep coming back again and........again........ and again.    Rant

Seriously dude, if after 6 long years of posting here....is that the very best you can come up with?

I'm sure others have thought it, but I will state my sincere concern for you now. Strictly as a professional courtesy Mr. Stack,

you are in need of some immediate professional counseling.  I'd be willing to kick in for your first consultation, its the least I

could do for another LP member in dire need.

Let me know how the sessions go.........I will be praying for you Stack. I'm sure you'll be in touch soon.......I just know it.    Type

Most discussion forums and this one included have a simple guide line, "attack the message not the poster" and that's exactly what I did after you bragged about matching 5+0 and "absolutely believed" that you will win a jackpot. It must have really upset your ego when I asked since you "absolutely believed", why didn't you use Power Play and at least double your winning. Obviously that and when I proved you were ignorant on the fact Power Play guaranteed $1 million for matching 5+0 for three years, it upset you so much that you had to resort to very lame and juvenile insults.

"is that the very best you can come up with?"

I've been discussing lottery and gaming related topics for the last 6 years which apparently is something you know very little about. Weren't you the poster that quoted Twitter as credible source "proving" MM will increase their ticket price to $2 in the next couple of months?

I'll keep posting about the lottery and gaming things I know about and will look up things I'm not sure of. And you can continue with the silly insults because it's no skin off my nose or money out of my pocket.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2012, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Most discussion forums and this one included have a simple guide line, "attack the message not the poster" and that's exactly what I did after you bragged about matching 5+0 and "absolutely believed" that you will win a jackpot. It must have really upset your ego when I asked since you "absolutely believed", why didn't you use Power Play and at least double your winning. Obviously that and when I proved you were ignorant on the fact Power Play guaranteed $1 million for matching 5+0 for three years, it upset you so much that you had to resort to very lame and juvenile insults.

"is that the very best you can come up with?"

I've been discussing lottery and gaming related topics for the last 6 years which apparently is something you know very little about. Weren't you the poster that quoted Twitter as credible source "proving" MM will increase their ticket price to $2 in the next couple of months?

I'll keep posting about the lottery and gaming things I know about and will look up things I'm not sure of. And you can continue with the silly insults because it's no skin off my nose or money out of my pocket.

Hey Stack, back at it again, as I accurately predicted my old friend.  Rant

Will continue to stand by my very credible and optimistic message  "I absolutely believe I will win the jackpot". Your truly an inspiration to

myself and all others on this site for your self deluded philosophy of self righteous ranting and raving. It obviously gives you pleasure to do so

Stack, so who am I to stand in your way? Please continue your pointless lunacy, we all find it sadly pathetic and somewhat amusing.   Roll Eyes

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                        Member #103786
                        January 5, 2011
                        486 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2012, 8:43 am - IP Logged

I think the whole point is that if the same number of tickets were being sold now as before we would all be happy because the jackpot would increase more than the minimum on each rollover as it seems to be doing now.less people playing doesn't help the jackpot increase how we would like it to. Hence the increase in price isn't allowing it to climb faster.

United States
                          Member #123427
                          February 20, 2012
                          89 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I think the whole point is that if the same number of tickets were being sold now as before we would all be happy because the jackpot would increase more than the minimum on each rollover as it seems to be doing now.less people playing doesn't help the jackpot increase how we would like it to. Hence the increase in price isn't allowing it to climb faster.

Argue

if the MM jackpot is not won tonite....and the jackpot rolls to lets say 150 million...then i think nobody will bother to play the PB tommorrow...as a matter of fact...nobody will be even thinking about it...I haven't even checked my gremlin program to see what the best bets are ...i am still a little ticked off from running to the store on monday...almost getting a heart attack, and finding i missed the cutoff time by a half hour...another thing to consider is syndicate organization...nobody starts going around at work asking for money to pool, their 100 quick pics.. until the jackpot is BIG...non lotto people are slow to jump on a big jackpot...

that reminds me...I used to organize a syndicate at my old job...i suggesting play a balanced wheel off the gh website...the collector of the money later on told me everybody preferred QP...i had a good <snip> mutiny on my hands!!!

QP...ARRGH!!!!!  I hate them...(or rather severely dislike them)Mad

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Page 10 of 10