Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weak Powerball Sales?

Topic closed. 147 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 2 of 10
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1838 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2012, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Is this a joke?  Sales are up.

Instead of, for example, selling a 1,000,000 at $1, they are selling 600,000 tickets at $2.

LOL...

Tell that to the guy bragging about selling more gas.

Last year for a $60 million jackpot Texas had sales of $25,905,601, not including the powerplay.

Same jackpot this year Texas sold $32,766,344, not including the powerplay.

Last year there were 25,905,601 tickets were sold.

This year 16,383,172 tickets were sold.

About 9000000 less tickets sold. 9000000 lost sales. 9000000 million less customers.

Nope. Sales are not up. The price increase just fools you. Just ask the guy who thinks he's selling more gas because he has more money in the cash register.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5761 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2012, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

mcginnin56 ??????????????????????????????????????????

(WHY do your post look so WEIRD, why do you post like this mcginnin56 ????>>>>HOW LONG have you been on the POST????)

Jack-in-the-Box

Hey uh....one Psyko is enough, thank you.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2012, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Had to try a couple of times. Now I know it would not be a good fit.

You are absolutely correct....there can only be ONE psyko!     Yes Nod

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3857 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2012, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

crackin up, Rc,^^^^^^^^^^^^^Wink>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, but <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NO 1 can +++=====do what

psykomo does>>>>>>>>>>>> PSYKOMO $$%^7 MAKEs********ME LOOK at the  key board<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
        and $$%& say how (&%to do *%#that??????????????? Wink Shocked Jester 

Party PartyDrumHit With StickHit With StickBig Grin AngelLepCheers  PukeI Agree!Hit With StickLep

Jack-in-the-Box Lurking PartyStooges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>how<<<<<<does he do it <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<yo<<<<<<<<<<<<<<do>>>>>>>>>>you &$^><^^^^^^^ you must type 75 wpm

yes Rc i tried,but there is only one psykomo.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3857 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2012, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Had to try a couple of times. Now I know it would not be a good fit.

You are absolutely correct....there can only be ONE psyko!     Yes Nod

mc56, total agree, was makin my reply same time as you.Cheers

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2012, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

crackin up, Rc,^^^^^^^^^^^^^Wink>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>, but <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NO 1 can +++=====do what

psykomo does>>>>>>>>>>>> PSYKOMO $$%^7 MAKEs********ME LOOK at the  key board<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            and $$%& say how (&%to do *%#that??????????????? Wink Shocked Jester 

Party PartyDrumHit With StickHit With StickBig Grin AngelLepCheers  PukeI Agree!Hit With StickLep

Jack-in-the-Box Lurking PartyStooges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>how<<<<<<does he do it <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<yo<<<<<<<<<<<<<<do>>>>>>>>>>you &$^><^^^^^^^ you must type 75 wpm

yes Rc i tried,but there is only one psykomo.

To much like work to post like psykomo.

Leave it to psymoko. I believe he has a "patent" on his beautiful works of posting art, and I ain't messin with his attorny!    Hit With Stick

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3857 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2012, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

WTG Mc56.

Bed

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #55889
                October 23, 2007
                5761 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Psyko, aren't you in a band? If so, do you play at SxSW in Austin?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3502 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2012, 12:41 am - IP Logged

The first sentence of the post is wrong.

Actually, there is such a thing as a free lunch. We have it here in this country. And the free lunchers are starting to overwhelm those who provide the free lunch.

What there is "no such thing as" is a sustainable free lunch.

That's what the country of Greece is learning the hard way right now.

And it's the same course your President has plotted for us.

The rest of the post seems plausible.

Your 3rd sentence makes it obvious that you know my first sentence is correct, but since you don't get enough chances to vent about what bothers you, let me give you another opening. After all, when your head finally explodes somebody is going to have to clean up the mess.

The sky is blue.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3502 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2012, 12:43 am - IP Logged

LOL...

Tell that to the guy bragging about selling more gas.

Last year for a $60 million jackpot Texas had sales of $25,905,601, not including the powerplay.

Same jackpot this year Texas sold $32,766,344, not including the powerplay.

Last year there were 25,905,601 tickets were sold.

This year 16,383,172 tickets were sold.

About 9000000 less tickets sold. 9000000 lost sales. 9000000 million less customers.

Nope. Sales are not up. The price increase just fools you. Just ask the guy who thinks he's selling more gas because he has more money in the cash register.

Are you one of guys who thinks that if you lose 10 cents on every sale you can make up for it in volume? You can measure sales in a bunch of ways, but if you're selling something in order to make a profit it's the bottom line that counts. Given the choice of keeping 50% of $25,905,601 or keeping 50% of $32,766,344 you've got to be pretty stupid to not see that one is very clearly better than the other.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2012, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I think the reason sales are slow besides the $2 price is people believe that there are not enough tickets sales for the lottery to let go of the winning numbers. Once the it gets to the 100 million dollar range..sales will pick up. just my opinion.

I've never understood the people who think that way. Back in 2010 within 9 draws there were 4 winners at $64m, $12m, $36m and $26m. But if you look back at the prior 7 wins it took a total of 67 draws, with only one win coming within 10 draws (which was 2 draws after a win). To me that all just shows that it doesn't really matter how many draws it's been since a win, a win happens whenever.

But I'm okay with their thinking, if anything under $100 million isn't okay with them and I win because of the QP they didn't buy I'm fine with that.

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1838 Posts
                        Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:10 am - IP Logged

Are you one of guys who thinks that if you lose 10 cents on every sale you can make up for it in volume? You can measure sales in a bunch of ways, but if you're selling something in order to make a profit it's the bottom line that counts. Given the choice of keeping 50% of $25,905,601 or keeping 50% of $32,766,344 you've got to be pretty stupid to not see that one is very clearly better than the other.

No, I'm one of the guys who don't believe you have a better chance to win.

You tell me, did cutting the number of bonus balls help you get the first 5 necessary to make the bonus ball worth something?

The odds of picking 5 of 59 didn't change, did it?

Are their more winners? Newp.

On December 14, 2011 when the jp was $78 million there was 684,325 winning tickets.

On January 18, 2012 when the jackpot was $80 million there were 500,911 winning tickets. Wouldn't you think there would be more winners like Powerball claimed when they increased the price? Or were they *cough-cough* just trying to sell their Pee-Wee's big adventure game?

I may not be able to rub two brain cells together but you haven't figured out, you have the exact same odds of winning 1 million now as you did before the price increase. 

Be sure to send me a personal 'you're stupid' message when you win.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3316 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:17 am - IP Logged

i think i have the caveat they use.

more million dollar winners is true because they have taken the choice of being a $200k and not buying the power plier for extra money.

all 5 number  winners are now $1M winners. where as before many didnt take the power play option.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1838 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:33 am - IP Logged

i think i have the caveat they use.

more million dollar winners is true because they have taken the choice of being a $200k and not buying the power plier for extra money.

all 5 number  winners are now $1M winners. where as before many didnt take the power play option.

Good point, but on the other hand it take less to fund the pool prizes without the mutiplier.

Before the change the multiplier multiplied all prizes. If you win 4 + BB you got $10K and with the muitplier you could win 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, or 50K. 

With the $2 ticket you now win 10k. With the $3 ticket you win 40k.

Same all the way down the board. No $500 3+1 winners, no $15 BB.

It costs LESS to fund it with no multiplier. And the lower tier prizes have not changed except for the $4 BB.......O_o!!!

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2012, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Good point, but on the other hand it take less to fund the pool prizes without the mutiplier.

Before the change the multiplier multiplied all prizes. If you win 4 + BB you got $10K and with the muitplier you could win 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, or 50K. 

With the $2 ticket you now win 10k. With the $3 ticket you win 40k.

Same all the way down the board. No $500 3+1 winners, no $15 BB.

It costs LESS to fund it with no multiplier. And the lower tier prizes have not changed except for the $4 BB.......O_o!!!

Almost correct.....with the old Powerball with extra dollar for Powerplay with the multiplier you could win 20k, 30k, 40k, or 50k.

10k was not in the multiplier, the multipliers were the numbers 2-5, not 1-5.      Thumbs Up

Page 2 of 10