Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Weak Powerball Sales?

Topic closed. 147 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lottoguru$-!624.

Page 4 of 10
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #123134
February 14, 2012
55 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2012, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Really?

With your apparent brilliance I'm surprised you haven't already pulled the winning ticket out of the 11 mile high stack.

(Your GREED is showing).

What does "greed" have anything to do with your inability to understand the difference between quantity of tickets, sales and profit and the blatantly fabricated sales figures that you used?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Your 3rd sentence makes it obvious that you know my first sentence is correct, but since you don't get enough chances to vent about what bothers you, let me give you another opening. After all, when your head finally explodes somebody is going to have to clean up the mess.

The sky is blue.

No, no, no, sorry floydie, you don't get a mulligan on every ridiculous thing you say. Only your President gets to do that. Your assertions are flipping back and forth like your combover in a windstorm. Try a little of that KY Jelly up top for a change. Tell the fellas you're taking a break.

You don't get to pretend you meant what I said when I call you out on another one of your wishful thinking fairytales.

And instead of discussing whimsy, as is your wont, let's discuss one of your blasts from the past. Yes, one of your lies.

I want you to show me one instance of my using the word "libtard" other than when questioning you about why you accused me of using it constantly.

You accused me of using the word all the time - now prove it. Just one instance to prove you're not a liar.   

Or will you disappear for a month or so like you always do when you don't want to answer a question about one of your lies?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2012, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

No, I'm one of the guys who don't believe you have a better chance to win.

You tell me, did cutting the number of bonus balls help you get the first 5 necessary to make the bonus ball worth something?

The odds of picking 5 of 59 didn't change, did it?

Are their more winners? Newp.

On December 14, 2011 when the jp was $78 million there was 684,325 winning tickets.

On January 18, 2012 when the jackpot was $80 million there were 500,911 winning tickets. Wouldn't you think there would be more winners like Powerball claimed when they increased the price? Or were they *cough-cough* just trying to sell their Pee-Wee's big adventure game?

I may not be able to rub two brain cells together but you haven't figured out, you have the exact same odds of winning 1 million now as you did before the price increase. 

Be sure to send me a personal 'you're stupid' message when you win.

Don'tcha love being called stupid by KY Jelly Floyd for posting your opinion?

Anybody who posts something he doesn't agree with is stupid and he lets 'em know it.

Online anyway.

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7310 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Just speaking for myself garyo, I obviously would love to win the elusive jackpot, but I'm also gunning also for that second prize of a cool $1,000,000

As you indicated the odd's have not changed for getting the first 5 white balls. So to kick in an extra buck to get a "guaranteed" $1 Mill. if you score all

white balls is a great deal to me! Not to toot my horn, but I hit all 5 white balls already in "07" under the old Powerrball, to receive $200K.

Had I Power played I would have doubled that. But now it's like getting a multiplier of 5 automatically. MM still has their "Megaplier", which

multiplies only 2-5 times the lower tier prizes.

Anyhow that's my take on it, so I'll always be in the game.   Party

"As you indicated the odd's have not changed for getting the first 5 white balls. So to kick in an extra buck to get a "guaranteed" $1 Mill. if you score all white balls is a great deal to me!"

When PB was $1 dollar ticket you got the same $1 million guarantee with Powerplay and the Megaplier too with MM having less odds against matching 5+0.

"Not to toot my horn, but I hit all 5 white balls already in "07" under the old Powerrball, to receive $200K. Had I Power played I would have doubled that."

Huh? In another thread a poster mentioned Powerplay guaranteed $1 million for matching 5+0 in 2007 and you acknowledge it. It's rather strange that five years later, you still don't know had you "kicked in an extra buck in 07" you would have won $1 million.

"MM still has their "Megaplier", which multiplies only 2-5 times the lower tier prizes."

The winning $2 PB tickets now get $7 for matching 3+0 or 2+1 and $4 for matching 1+1 or 0+1. "Some states use a Megaplier feature to increase non-jackpot prizes by 2, 3 or 4 times." so with the minimum multiplier of "2", 2+1 pays $20, 3+0 pays $14, 1+1 pays $6, and 0+1 pays $4: for the same $2 PB ticket. And when the muliplier is "3 or 4", it's even better.

LP and hundreds of other lottery sites clearing give the odds and payoffs of both PB and MM. It's easy to see which game is better for playing $2 tickets.

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #123230
          February 16, 2012
          22 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2012, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Good I hope it fails. Mega was83mill tonight, Power 70mill I think. Mega has better odds  and jackpot is bigger now. And even if power ball jackpot was a little bigger i would play mega. They think theycan raise the  price on anything and us idiots wil just shut upo and hand them are money.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2012, 2:17 am - IP Logged

Please do some research. And talk to the people who sell gas.

They will tell you selling 100 gallons of gas at $3.79 means $379. Selling 100 gallons of gas at $3.29 means $329.

Have you sold more gas?

Work it out on your calculator if necessary.  100 gallons comes to......oh......looks like 100 gallons O_o?!?

Since you understand gas better than PB tickets, maybe you'll unerstand this.

If you sell 100 gallons of gas at $1 per gallon and make a 50% profit, you had sales of $100 and a profit of $50.

If you sell 70 gallons of gas at $2 per gallon and make a 50% profit, you had sales of $140 and a profit of $70.

In the second case sales are up and profits are up.

That's exactly what happened with PB.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
              Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1691 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2012, 2:24 am - IP Logged

If you sell 100 gallons of gas at $1 per gallon and make a 50% profit, you had sales of $100 and a profit of $50.

If you sell 70 gallons of gas at $2 per gallon and make a 50% profit, you had sales of $140 and a profit of $70.

No, no, no!

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

YOU WANT TO WIN POWERBALL, NOT PAY THE STATE TO LET YOU PLAY!

Geez! Do I have to fill out your playslips too?

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2012, 3:10 am - IP Logged

No, no, no!

YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

YOU WANT TO WIN POWERBALL, NOT PAY THE STATE TO LET YOU PLAY!

Geez! Do I have to fill out your playslips too?

I'm sorry you're finding it so hard to understand, but the discussion is about sales. Notice that the subject heading says "Weak Powerball Sales?" then reread the exchange that you replied to:

TheRightPrice said, "Whoever came up with this $2.00 Price increase is not very smart"

And Ruud replied, "Is this a joke?  Sales are up. Instead of, for example, selling a 1,000,000 at $1, they are selling 600,000 tickets at $2."

Since raising the price they've been selling about $30 million worht of tickets for jackpots that used to sell $20 million worth of tickets. Thier expenses are still the same 50% they were in the past, so their profit has increased by about 50%. The people that made that decision appear to have made a very smart decision.

If you still have trouble, here's another hint. The people managing PB don't run the game to benefit you or any other players. They run the game to make a profit for the states that participate.

If you want to have a discussion about how any of it affects players, feel free to start a subject about that.

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: February 25, 2012, 4:51 am - IP Logged

"As you indicated the odd's have not changed for getting the first 5 white balls. So to kick in an extra buck to get a "guaranteed" $1 Mill. if you score all white balls is a great deal to me!"

When PB was $1 dollar ticket you got the same $1 million guarantee with Powerplay and the Megaplier too with MM having less odds against matching 5+0.

"Not to toot my horn, but I hit all 5 white balls already in "07" under the old Powerrball, to receive $200K. Had I Power played I would have doubled that."

Huh? In another thread a poster mentioned Powerplay guaranteed $1 million for matching 5+0 in 2007 and you acknowledge it. It's rather strange that five years later, you still don't know had you "kicked in an extra buck in 07" you would have won $1 million.

"MM still has their "Megaplier", which multiplies only 2-5 times the lower tier prizes."

The winning $2 PB tickets now get $7 for matching 3+0 or 2+1 and $4 for matching 1+1 or 0+1. "Some states use a Megaplier feature to increase non-jackpot prizes by 2, 3 or 4 times." so with the minimum multiplier of "2", 2+1 pays $20, 3+0 pays $14, 1+1 pays $6, and 0+1 pays $4: for the same $2 PB ticket. And when the muliplier is "3 or 4", it's even better.

LP and hundreds of other lottery sites clearing give the odds and payoffs of both PB and MM. It's easy to see which game is better for playing $2 tickets.

"When PB was $1 ticket you got the same $1 million guarantee with Powerplay and the Megaplier too with MM having less odds against matching 5+0"

There was no "GUARANTEE" to get $1 million  in the "OLD" Powerball with Powerplay. For the extra dollar you rolled the dice and could receive anywhere from 2x-5x the second tier prize of $200k. You could have scored $400k, $600K, $800k or $1 million; how is that a "GUARANTEE" that you would

receive $1 million? Same with MM with Megaplier, no "GUARANTEE" anywhere. The only guarantee is that by playing with Megaplier you could receive

2x -4x the lower tier prizes.

You mentioned that in another thread that I said Powerplay GUARANTEED $1 million for matching 5+0 in 2007?????????  That's total BULL!   Red Devil

Produce that thread, you won't because I never said it. What  I said is if I Power played in "07" I could have doubled my second prize to $400k, 

because the Powerplay # came up as 2x.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2012, 6:46 am - IP Logged

so sales are down profits are up.  we will have to wait for 6 months see if that is still the case then determine if " who ever made the descission is smart " or not.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      Gurnee, Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #49731
                      February 12, 2007
                      917 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2012, 7:29 am - IP Logged

The first sentence of the post is wrong.

Actually, there is such a thing as a free lunch. We have it here in this country. And the free lunchers are starting to overwhelm those who provide the free lunch.

What there is "no such thing as" is a sustainable free lunch.

That's what the country of Greece is learning the hard way right now.

And it's the same course your President has plotted for us.

The rest of the post seems plausible.

I Agree!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10351 Posts
                        Posted: February 25, 2012, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Read the threads on this board, Floyd.

Sales for PB are down but the price increase brought in more money.

If 100 people paid you $1 for something you brought in $100.

If 60 people paid you $2 for something you brought in $120.

DUH.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: February 25, 2012, 11:19 am - IP Logged

DUH.

I can understand that!    Hyper   Yes Nod      I Agree!       Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: February 25, 2012, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

DUH.

Somebody needs to explain the difference between sales and profits to KY Jelly Floyd.

I'd do it but he's ignoring me now for catching him and calling him out on one of his big fat lies.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #123134
                              February 14, 2012
                              55 Posts
                              Posted: February 25, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

DUH.

Sales, in accounting and finance, are measured in dollars not units sold.  Therefore, sales are up.  With the same margins, profits are also up. 

I'm shocked at how difficult this is for people to comprehend.  Bang Head

Page 4 of 10